How to get a job at Genworth Financial.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do you work at Genworth Financial? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Darnell Tilton

87 months ago

How did you get that first interview? What type questions are asked in an interview at Genworth Financial?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

dont want to say in Walnut Creek, California

86 months ago

the company is terrible.. mismanaged and pay is aweful. People quit left and right

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Swaman1 in Richmond, Virginia

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Genworth Financial? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Best way is to find a contact who is already there and have them apply for a job you pick internally. I have done that for several people I know and they were usually called w/in 24 hours for a phone screen. If you do not know anyone. I would apply for any job your qualified for and when a internal recruiter calls you they will work to get you into the right position. You really want to have these guys/gals thinking of you. We have lots of internal turnover. Most of the positions folks move to other better jobs within 3 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GNW Employee in Richmond, Virginia

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Genworth Financial? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Good advice from Swaman. Clean up your resume and send it in. the recruiters are fair and looking for good people. I have been there 6 years and I think the co. is good to its employees and tends to pay more than other insurance companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MLL in Texas

84 months ago

How much tuition reimbursement does Genworth offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anon angel in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

Genworth Financial Trust Co. in phoenix is not a healthy place to work. I don't know about other locations but this office is truly political in all the wrong ways. Turnover is high. Therefore staff is inexperienced, work hours are 12 - 15 hours per day with no end in sight. Unrealistic expectations from top phx leadership. Everyone is angry, crying or quitting. Many complaints have been submitted to HR re: sexual orientation, race, and gender discrimination - all to be mishandled and not thoroughly investigated. Wrongful terminations etc....Run, don't walk away from this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

BR-549 in Richmond, Virginia

65 months ago

My advice to anyone considering this company is to look elsewhere. I have seen this place suck the life out of numerous talented people. It has devolved into a grab-n-growl, lord-of-the-flies environment. Besides sporting a toxic personal environment, the company is struggling on many fronts. Not all of the businesses will survive. It will most likely be broken up with the surviving businesses going to various acquirers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.