How to get a job at Genzyme.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Genzyme? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

sayso56 in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts

82 months ago

I think the smartest and best way to get into most of the pharmaceucical companies is via temp to hire or as a contractor. You get to see the company upclose and they get to see you. I'm hesitant to say "temp to perm" only because it's not guaraneed and the company or division can always change their mind about the position or you. I've beem at Biogen since April as a contractor and while my assignment is almost up and it hasn't always been the most pleasant experience, it's not the "Company" its the "People". There are some divisions here that are great but if its not a godd fit, you're better off moving on. I wish you all the best in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sayso56 in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts

82 months ago

Sorry for the typos. I meant pharmaceutical and been. Not wearing glasses today and I'm home sick in bed. What I really wanted to say and didn't is that BiogenIdec is an incredible company and one of the best I've ever worked with, so don't give up. I found it via Craig's list, as well as Genzyme and was called the same day I sent my resume out. If I don't get the job, it won't be because of my lack of experience but they do a very thorough background/credit check which I understand can take up to 2 weeks. They are excellent companies and I'd be proud to work for either!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

nancy choperena in Paterson, New Jersey

81 months ago

I think this Website will be very helpful for my expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.