How to get a job at GlaxoSmithKline.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at GlaxoSmithKline? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

naresh kumar gamidi in Hatfield, United Kingdom

104 months ago

i completed my master's in pharmacology in university of hertfordshire.
now i am sincerly try to get a job in gsk.its my dream to work there.how to get in and what are the ways to get in. and what are the major requirements and qualifications.

i am waiting for ur advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

103 months ago

This company is a joke! I applied for this job and received a rejection email within 48 hours. I have extensive Administrative skills and they didn't even want to discuss them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

SUE in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME AT ANOTHER COMPANY, THEY SAID I DIDN'T MEAN THERE SKILLS, BUT I DO THE SAME JOB NOW. " I GUESS BECAUSE I'M A FEMALE! "

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Long time GSK employee in Raleigh, North Carolina

96 months ago

Like with most companies of this size, it helps to know someone within the company. I encourage you to network in your area if you want to get in the door.

Be very careful when you read the job description and the skills that they are looking for. Just because you have extensive say, administrative skills, does not mean that they are the key factor in the decision. Someone else could have had skills that they felt were harder to pick-up.

If you are in the science arena, besides checking the GSK website, also check the relevant trade journal(s) for positions.

That being said, the industry as a whole is strategically cutting jobs, so the opportunities will be a bit fewer and very specific in the short term.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.