If you don't have too, DON'T at the Goodwill! Anybody else feel this way?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Al in Bonney Lake, Washington

54 months ago

If you don't have too, DON'T at the Goodwill! They do not treat their employees well. Management uses the negative punishment approach to encouraging employees. The training is almost non- existent and if they have to run on the gray side of the law, oh well it's ok because it's for the "mission". I have horror story after horror story about them knowing selling counterfeit items. They have little to no moral compass and simply pressure money what ever the cost. They rely heavily on free (or almost free) labor paid by the state. It's quite a racket; get the state to pay for 50% of your labor force (or more), tell the community what a great company you are because you provide job to people down on their luck, and rack in millions of dollars for upper management by selling things people donate in good faith.

Got questions? email me, I'll tell all I know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Wendell, North Carolina

46 months ago

Yes, I know, and that's not even the half of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris - Brampton in Rouge Valley, Ontario

33 months ago

Al in Bonney Lake, Washington said: If you don't have too, DON'T at the Goodwill! They do not treat their employees well. Management uses the negative punishment approach to encouraging employees. The training is almost non- existent and if they have to run on the gray side of the law, oh well it's ok because it's for the "mission". I have horror story after horror story about them knowing selling counterfeit items. They have little to no moral compass and simply pressure money what ever the cost. They rely heavily on free (or almost free) labor paid by the state. It's quite a racket; get the state to pay for 50% of your labor force (or more), tell the community what a great company you are because you provide job to people down on their luck, and rack in millions of dollars for upper management by selling things people donate in good faith.

Got questions? email me, I'll tell all I know!

Exactly same everywhere it seems - Goodwill Industries Toronto does the same thing. I could write a book listing the abuses I witnessed personally, abuses inflicted on me, and describe the shady network of snitches in the hands of the exec puppeteer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris - Brampton in Rouge Valley, Ontario

33 months ago

Same in Toronto - exactly the same issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.