How to get a job at Goodwill Industries.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at Goodwill Industries? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

ONECECE in Port Townsend, Washington

58 months ago

CeeMB in Gastonia, North Carolina said: OMGGG well that is exactly what is happening to me. I think they know I will not take that amount. I have been in a position before where I had to run the department myself getting $29thou. I an very disgusted... I am so glad it is people like you who tell the truth so I have made up my mind that I need WAY more than what they are offering. I really think when I left the interview they knew I was not a dummy and not desperate. Although I need a job very badly at this time (unemployment running out, bills to be paid, food on the table) I am glad for the advice you have given me... In fact because the company is so greedy and does not have employees best interest I am looking to another employer.

Employers can legally lower your rate of pay as long as it does not go below minimum wage. That excuse they gave you was a cop out and they couldnt think of anything else to say. But if you were hired at 40 hours and you get cut down to anything under 32 then you can complain, since 32 is full time. Check you local laws in your arera

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Wendell, North Carolina

54 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Goodwill Industries? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

You should really check out this forum :looking for any one that has had problems with goodwill ( Sexuall haressment, employee confidetiality, and /or harassment ! Before you consider working for Goodwill. It is not just a few minor incidents with this company. This really is a very terribly company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.