looking for any one that has had problems with goodwill ( Sexuall haressment, employee confidetiality, and /or harassment !

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 284)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

dari in Lambertville, Michigan

80 months ago

Was employed by Goodwill for 8 months. In our store, was witness to verbal abuse, hostility to co-workers & obvious favoritism. The layabouts who were on cozy terms w/management were always left unscathed. The "special needs" workers were the most beligerent and uncooperative but they were never disciplined. I was unjustly terminated due to "Insuboordination" because I dared question Management about decisions they made. Worst company I EVER worked for. If you kiss ass or you're a community service worker Or "special needs" you can do what you want. Been there, lived that. Personally, I'm filing a lawsuit. Goodwill doesnt care about their employees. Contrary to their mission statement, theyre about the money. From my personal experience, the management just cared about making themselves look good to the higher ups. They dont give a sh*t about those of us who actually did the work. So sad, because I loved working there but the management in the store I worked at were way too self involved, they were about themselves, and the almighty dollar. I had been witness too TOO many incidents of partiality to customers and employees, Back room dealings. For example: An employee was caught red handed stealing and they allowed her to keep her job. I simply asked questions and was fired. TERRIBLE company to work for. Slave like conditions. The location i worked at, they didnt even allow you to sit. That was grounds for firing. NEVER work for the Goodwill. Your hard work goes unappreciated. You can only survive if you kiss up to management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (161) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

aliyaha in Tacoma, Washington

75 months ago

yes I have just been discriminated by Goodwill Ind. after working for the company for 4 years. I just had a baby 2 months ago and my niece placed in my home by CPS. The head manager fired me and said that my life style does not fit the job. Which meant my children.

Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dari in Lambertville, Michigan

75 months ago

File for unemployment first off. If they dont like you, they fire you. Its that simple. I guess because theyre a "charitable" organization, they think they can get away with being unfair. I filed for Unemployment benefits, presented my case & was awarded 18 weeks. They saw thru the bullcrap. Four years?! Make some noise. Youre entitled. I'm sorry they screwed you over but you know what? the Lord will take care of you. He moved me to a better place and I'm happy! and I work for a FAIR company! It will happen for you too. It's a shame that you were so unjustly penalized for putting your family first. I know the feeling. Everyone else is about the almightly dollar. I never have been nor will I ever be. Congrats on the newborn and don't worry, better things are yet to come. God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

aliyaha in Tacoma, Washington

75 months ago

dari in Lambertville, Michigan said: File for unemployment first off. If they dont like you, they fire you. Its that simple. I guess because theyre a "charitable" organization, they think they can get away with being unfair. I filed for Unemployment benefits, presented my case & was awarded 18 weeks. They saw thru the bullcrap. Four years?! Make some noise. Youre entitled. I'm sorry they screwed you over but you know what? the Lord will take care of you. He moved me to a better place and I'm happy! and I work for a FAIR company! It will happen for you too. It's a shame that you were so unjustly penalized for putting your family first. I know the feeling. Everyone else is about the almightly dollar. I never have been nor will I ever be. Congrats on the newborn and don't worry, better things are yet to come. God bless.

thanks for the advice, that is just what i am going to do. You are so right about the higher up they are the less work they do. The use yo uand abuse you at Goodwill. Take care and good luck with the new job :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cecil ash in Warner Robins, Georgia

74 months ago

I jsut left goodwill about 1 month ago. I worked there for 28 months. I loved the job but like someone had stated earlier, it's management and people at the top. Nothing but modern day slavery. I've seen it all there, staeling big time, break ins, and cover ups. People breaking everyone's confidentiality. I've heard manangers talking about other employees with other employees. I've seen a group of people, led by store managers ban together and got other employees fired. I'll tell it to anyone goodwill is the worst place to ever work or try to get a job. The only reason I hung in there for 28 months was because I was going to college and I finally finished and got up out of goodwill. Now they try to act like I got to finish school because of them, but I honestly finished school with no help to goodwill, because they didn't want me to go at first. They threatened to fire me if I attended school. One day someone is gonna sue goodwil and win big. If anyone out there is thinking about suing goodwill or taking them to court and need someone to help them explain how goodwill really is, just e-mail me at lyvewyre@cox.net It's nothing more than modern day slavery!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ihategoodwill in Oceanside, California

72 months ago

i worked at goodwill lomita for seven months had problems with the manager always giving me dirty loooks and one day he said something very imature and i left because i was so angry i would of exploeded and ended up in jail. anyone that ever worked at goodwill can email me at oh_oh_yeach@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ihategoodwill in Oceanside, California

72 months ago

i forgot i as discourage to get any mediacl dental

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

gwstinks in Seattle, Washington

70 months ago

I see that people from all over the USA have had bad things happen to them at Goodwill.
That is pretty sad, considering they represent themselves to be a charitable organization. All they do care about is the money, but in my state, they have been sued twice in a year! No wonder why they need to make money to pay the lawyers and pay off people who are very unhappy there.
Where I worked it was okay at first. But then we were always pressured to do more, how much can you do when all you get is crap?
Yes people got away with murder there. Employees were talked about behind their back by management, including the store manager, and she is the ring leader.
She has screwed up so many times, but yet the higher ups dont seem to want to know about her stealing money, setting up employees to get them fired and running errands on company time. Plus the fact that, she has her employees lie for her to her bosses, and she hardly works any more than 30 hours a week, if that? Aren't managers supposed to be more than 25 hours a week?
Past employees who were fired for stealing, are allowed to come back into the store and shop.
Goodwill does treat their people like crap. Maybe it is not the same at other stores, but they could pay people a little more, then the state's current min wage, they are trying to make a living too, but how can they?
I hope you win!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Terry Harris in Joliet, Illinois

68 months ago

Big John in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Right now I'm looking for people that have problems with goodwill anywhere in the USA !I was employed by goodwill and during that time I had several incideances that where not delt with at all ! I was wondering if there was any one else that had any of the same problems as me ?

Please note goodwillemployees.org. Call or write.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

aliyaha in Tacoma, Washington said: yes I have just been discriminated by Goodwill Ind. after working for the company for 4 years. I just had a baby 2 months ago and my niece placed in my home by CPS. The head manager fired me and said that my life style does not fit the job. Which meant my children.

Kathy

Would you please call or write, goodwillemployees.org.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

cecil ash in Warner Robins, Georgia said: I jsut left goodwill about 1 month ago. I worked there for 28 months. I loved the job but like someone had stated earlier, it's management and people at the top. Nothing but modern day slavery. I've seen it all there, staeling big time, break ins, and cover ups. People breaking everyone's confidentiality. I've heard manangers talking about other employees with other employees. I've seen a group of people, led by store managers ban together and got other employees fired. I'll tell it to anyone goodwill is the worst place to ever work or try to get a job. The only reason I hung in there for 28 months was because I was going to college and I finally finished and got up out of goodwill. Now they try to act like I got to finish school because of them, but I honestly finished school with no help to goodwill, because they didn't want me to go at first. They threatened to fire me if I attended school. One day someone is gonna sue goodwil and win big. If anyone out there is thinking about suing goodwill or taking them to court and need someone to help them explain how goodwill really is, just e-mail me at lyvewyre@cox.net It's nothing more than modern day slavery!!!

Cecil: could you please call or write... goodwillemployees.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

STELLA MALDONADO in WARNER ROBINS, Georgia said: AM LOOKING FOR OTHERS THAT WORK ,OR WORKED FOR GOODWILL AT ROBINS AFB, HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RAISE IN YEARS, WE ARE THE LOWEST PAID CUSTODIAL,YET ,THEY KEEP BUYING ;NEW BUILDINGS ' TO CLEAN,WHERE ON BASE CAN YOU MAKE MORE MONEY?? GOODWILL WANTS LOADS OF WORK, SMALL PAY, NO PROBLEMS, & SO TRUE ,IF YOU TALK ABOUT SLACKERS, FAVORITES , YOUR OUTTA THERE

Dear Stella, could you write an article for me? www.goodwillemployees.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Ihategoodwill in Oceanside, California said: i worked at goodwill lomita for seven months had problems with the manager always giving me dirty loooks and one day he said something very imature and i left because i was so angry i would of exploeded and ended up in jail. anyone that ever worked at goodwill can email me at oh_oh_yeach@yahoo.com

Dear Ihate: Could you please write an article for me? www.goodwillemployees.org Write or call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Abused Worker Unknown in Springfield, Missouri

63 months ago

Hanis place to work period! I've seen and been abused myself from this soo-called NOT-FOR Profit compony(and still work there). Beware, lot attendant's left for dead in 85-100+ degress heat without breaks or freash water provided, though you can drink the nasty city sink water, while management sit's in the office or walks around inside air-condished store without a care in the world.

NO Sitting allowed! NO Shad! NO standing for more than a few min's or you'll be expected to do other peoples job's!? Inside Processor's expected to fill un-realalstic quota's or feel the wrath of management, and you better know the used prices of everything ever made on the planet, or they'll be more wrath from management, though for some silly reason the compony has decided not to provide guildline sheets for pricing? Maybe I should get a job at Walmart and when a pallet of new T.V's come in I'll just give it my best guess!? I wonder how long that'll last? Till a good ol' firing comes?

Benifits? What are those? Buddy system in full effect here, while some will burn up to 50-100+ sick-leave in a year, plus personal/Vacation or just flatout take leave of absence's with no recourse, though, if you have perfect or near-pefect attendance don't be asking for any time or you'll get the cold shoulder treatment.

I've seen the place turn twice over in 2 years, and some the nicest hardest working clean cut people be fired for nothing or just flatout walk-out cussing, voiceless and some even close to violant.

OK, look here people, I could go on all day but you got the point, all jobs have bad bosses and what-not and I'm not trying to be on the negitive end here, but this is a NOT-FOR PROFIT compony, it is bad news how piss poor management treats it's works and the general practice of the compony, while it builds more stores and expands. Sad really.

I'm trying to quit, and in tuff times you just can't be quiting jobs as there isen't much for pickens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Long Beach, California

63 months ago

Terry Harris, Who are you? Why do you care?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Well, Kim. I am Terry Harris. I care because I care. Like giving to kids with no food, all that kind of thing. ineedawheelchair.com might help to explain it, or cautionvault.org, you'll figure it out. I also like the lyrics... "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

scruffycat in Arroyo Grande, California

62 months ago

Big John in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Right now I'm looking for people that have problems with goodwill anywhere in the USA !I was employed by goodwill and during that time I had several incideances that where not delt with at all ! I was wondering if there was any one else that had any of the same problems as me ?

I am currently leaving goodwill in central california, I was very dissapointed with their culture
of distrust, and blatant favoritism... in fact i am considering legal action as hostile workplace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LAWDAWG in Washington

58 months ago

I worked at a Goodwill in Washington. Yes, they do treat you like crap. In this area, jobs are hard to come by, so people who are obviously over qualified had no choice. It was a fun place in the begining. We had a good crew in the back-production- everyone came in and did their job. We became friends. There was a high turnover, as people were caught stealing, quit went back to school, etc.
We noticed our store manager was hardly ever there. The store ran more efficently without her anyway. There was favortism. The rules changed everyday, we were told "it came from Corp" yeah right.
The manager talked behind people's backs, made fun of them, and she was in with the dirty jokes, limericks etc.
She did not distance herself from us the working crew.
When she came into work pissed off, she would tear down out little pictures we had at out stations...she made it a negative place to work.
The prices at Goodwill are a joke! In this town, the Goodwill is now known at the new Macy's.
Who is going to pay $15.00 for a pair of used boots? Even if they are St. John's Bay. But we were told, if it is a name brand, price it higher.
HELLO! People who shop there -for the most part- are looking for clothes/shoes to wear...they just want a damn pair of shoes, if it says K-mart or Walmart. But Corp. said that a lot of people come into Goodwill to buy things cheap and sell it on E-bay and make money off of Goodwill.
Well, duh! People go to garage sales too and do the exact same thing!
Poor people cannot afford to shop at Goodwill, how is that being charitable? How is that helping our communities?
It doesn't take brains to work there. You only get a raise when minimum wage goes up.
They try to BS you with lame games like the "Goody Card" that lasted about 2 months.
The in-store contests were a bigger joke. Corp even promised a big steak dinner, well like Red Buttons says, "Never got a dinner!" Corp lied...get rid of Goodwill and replace it with Salvation Army!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

traviessa in pt, Washington

58 months ago

Hi my name is Traviessa. I worked for GW for four years. When i was employed as a supervisor, i witnessed coutless illegal actions. I witnessed a person of management "borrow" from the safe. I witnessed many people getting reprimanded for not making unreachable quotas. I personally was attacked on a daily basis for anything management was upset about ie: i could not provide narcotics to upper management, i had been off for the weekend and wasn't sure whether the "pull" was done, the computer went down and i couldn't bring it back up again and was told by management that the surge protector popped, my reply was i didn't know that they could pop and their response was that's cuz you're an idiot. In one year's time there was over people fired or quit due to this behavior. This is just the tip of the iceburg. I even have pics of illegal dumping by mngmt. I reported this to the "hotline" countless times to no avail. I began to wonder if the company cared. Production workers would play verbal games in the back where they would recite lines from movies or sitcoms in funny voices to relieve some of the stress. I then had a heart attack.(i am 34)I was out of work for a week and a half. The day i was allowed to return to light duty i was called into the office where H.R. was there. I was told that there was an allegation of sexual harrassment against me. I was shocked and appalled and asked how can that be? (I first laughed and asked where the cameras were)I asked for an investigation,was suspended, i went hame and wrote an email to corp. no response.Fired next day 4not telling mgr about gossip.I informed that mngr was involved.they dont care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Traviessa again: Over 100 people quit ar were fired during a year's time. When it came to the end of this(since i ran out of room to type)I was fired for not telling mgr about the "gossip" in the back room. Mgr was involved in a lot of it. I made them aware of this. I also said to her "please don't ruin my reputation, it's because i'm a liability now right?" she paused for a few seconds and then replied with "no, that has nothing to do with it" I still don't know the results of the invesigation but i do know that at least one employee quit because of how they fired me and many if not all of them are outraged and all who are outraged are making the public very aware of it. It all boils down to this: If I have a heart attack at work and i get hurt, I can sue the company. This is not a risk they seem to be willing to take despite my years of loyalty. No more loyalty. I think the world should know what kind of company they are supporting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

aliyaha in Tacoma, Washington said: yes I have just been discriminated by Goodwill Ind. after working for the company for 4 years. I just had a baby 2 months ago and my niece placed in my home by CPS. The head manager fired me and said that my life style does not fit the job. Which meant my children.

Kathy

OMG i cannot believe they did that to you! I mean of course i believe it but geeze come on that's grounds for a lawsuit. My friends and i have created a anti goodwill club in our community. Which store did you work for? If you want support from me and my friends, you have it! We are going to file a lawsuit. If you want to you can write to me @ traviessa2005@yahoo.com put goodwill in the subject line. We are there for you girl! Congrats on the new baby! I too have children placed with me from cps. I know what you're going through. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Al in Bonney Lake, Washington

52 months ago

You have no idea how correct you are. You were there 8 months, unfortunately I was with that vile company for over a year. To say they don’t care about their employees is an understatement. They are SOOOOOOOOO concerned with image; telling the community what a wonderful “mission” they have and all the good things they do for people. Well, let me tell you a thing or two; the ends never justify the means. I’ve heard reports that Bernie Madoff donated to charities and did “good things” with the money he stole. Did that that make Berbie Madoff a “good” person? Heck no! And the Tacoma Goodwill is NOT good simply because they do “good things”. I’m not suggesting that there aren’t nice people who work the TGW. But structurally, from the top down, my first hand observation is that Tacoma Goodwill is ROTTEN to the core!

DO NOT WORK FOR TACOMA GOODWILL! And, be very carful about other locations. My suspicion is that they all practice the same oppressive, negative, heavy-handed management philosophy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Oh yes! I worked there as well! Being called stupid, and big breasted mama on a daily basis. I was told that I would never be a manager until I could learn to be just like my boss! (treat employees like crap)They had a man come in and pose as an investigator,(he looked about 16 to 18yrs old)First thing he does is hit on several people me included. I told my boss and that's when it all rolled downward. The things he said to us girls he turned around and reported that I said and did these things. Well I ended up having a Heart attack (i'm only 34) and when I came back, I was confronted with this and I even encouraged an investigation. Well I was fired a few days later! Appalled for sure! It's been 6 months now and I still get upset about it. I still have nightmares. I WILL NOT set foot in ANY goodwill because of it. And this is just one incident in particular. Email me and I will be happy to tell you the everything I witnessed and was made to do for this awful company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

They do seem to specialize in bullying. One of my co-works was brought in for interrogation by their crack-pot security team over the alleged theft of an expensive item. She was given the 3rd degree and threatened with jail time extra. Later they found the missing item under a pile of papers on the supervisor’s desk. The gal they accused of wasn’t even given as much as the smallest apology. Another gal was accused of misusing her computer, she broken down in tears not understanding what she was being charged with. Later they discovered they had mistaken computer IDs, it wasn’t even her computer. No apologies, no nothing! I personally know of two lawsuits filed in the period of one year against Tacoma Goodwill for improper treatment of employees by management, and a 3rd that could still be filed. This is NOT a good company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

They do seem to specialize in bullying. One of my co-works was brought in for interrogation by their crack-pot security team over the alleged theft of an expensive item. She was given the 3rd degree and threatened with jail time extra. Later they found the missing item under a pile of papers on the supervisor's desk. The gal they accused of wasn't even given as much as the smallest apology. Another gal was accused of misusing her computer, she broken down in tears not understanding what she was being charged with. Later they discovered they had mistaken computer IDs, it wasn't even her computer. No apologies, no nothing! I personally know of two lawsuits filed in the period of one year against Tacoma Goodwill for improper treatment of employees by management, and a 3rd that could still be filed. This is NOT a good company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Doris Day in Saturn, Ohio

51 months ago

Goodwill management work employees like farm animals out in the heat and demand more work then people can do. They despise their employees and raise the budget and fire people if they do not make goal. Management and CEO are paranoid and think everyone is stealing from them. Management pick on employees and constantly demand more and more work for very poor wages. I guess the CEO is earning her 150K+ a year salary setting in an air-conditioned office while the employees working their butts off at the store are treated like ignorant lazy animals. They hate their employees and work them to death for what? Goodwill my butt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Goodwill's real goal is to demean and criticize their employees and the higher ups make big money and care nothing for anything else. Must be something crooked here. I hope they get shut down. They are horrible people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

scruffycat in Arroyo Grande, California said: I am currently leaving goodwill in central california, I was very dissapointed with their culture
of distrust, and blatant favoritism... in fact i am considering legal action as hostile workplace.

yes there is favoritism anywhere you go. Some people work there butts off while others sit, goof off, fool around.
And management knows it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Whats the matter aren't the bigwigs making enough money from skimming off the top? They have to abuse workers more and more and more. Dick Cheney their buddy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Yeah, I do belive Dick is their buddy! lol! I think we should print all of these comments out and paste them to the store and around town in various places. The paper needs permission from g-dub to print anything about them so why not make the public aware in our own way? Hmm maybe even send them and keep sending them to the news stations? Do we not have the freedom to speak our minds? This company needs to be stopped! WE need to band together and stop them! Or at least make the public aware and therefore hit 'em where it hurts... the pocketbook!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Bridgepoint Goodwill CEO is overpaid to sit on her butt and bark orders.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Al in Puyallup, Washington

51 months ago

I would avoid working at Goodwill at almost any cost.Hey, and watch out Seattle, WA area, I hear a whole group of Goodwill VIPs are coming to your area! Get ready to craw on your knees and kiss.........

51 months ago

They’re plenty of legitimate examples to point out about the abuse from Goodwill top management without going political. This is not the right forum for that and discredits your augment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

That has nothing to do with politics at all. Being a former VP does not have anything to do with it, but it is an example of what kind of people get into office. So the reverse is true. He had the money and was that kind of person before he was VP. Not related to a party just bad people to begin with. Money and power hungry.
They are 'political'. I have no reason to be 'political'. Just a completely righteous and true statement and example of those in power who are out for self.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Why do you insist on being political? Can’t you recognize what is and isn’t appropriate? This is NOT a forum to discuss sports, music, religion, politics or other personal commentary. Please take your personal non-Goodwill related opinions else where.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

OK
Let's talk about the elite and entitled then, the people that are in power and beat down the little people. Like you are trying to do to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

...now, that's a dumb comment...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Terry Harris in Joliet, Illinois said: Dear Ihate: Could you please write an article for me? www.goodwillemployees.org Write or call?

Terry, what is the web site you're recommending? I can't access it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Al in Puyallup, Washington said: ...now, that's a dumb comment...

Is anything that you don't say a dumb comment.
Goodwill does not appreciate or recognize excellent employees.
They look for anything to pick on the employees, and expect the employees to make people buy things when they come in apparently.
From my experience, ok, lets see. People donate ware and clothes.
The employees sort through these things and put them out on the floor. If the store does not get enough sales to meet the daily goal, after a while the store falls behind on goal. Then the manager is written up and is fired or quits out of disgust. What is the deal with that? Why in this economy would this ever happen?
What is a non-profit organization pushing and pushing employees like this? If employees at a store work extremely hard every day, why would the upper managers dump more work on them to make an unrealistic budget? Why would a non profit organization pay upper management such high wages if they are in a poor economic era? Why would they treat hardworking people like this? Hmmm. Because they are heartless & greedy, and someone is pulling the strings that is being dishonest about what this organization is supposed to represent. Someone is doing something illegal somehow, and pushing poor people to do too much for some unknown illegal agenda.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gina in Griffin, Georgia

47 months ago

apparently this goes on all over the united states with this company I cant stand how crooked the company is I worked there for two years and my last year was a living hell. im looking for anyone who willing to go against the company and for help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington

47 months ago

I must be very careful, unfortunately I still need my job at Goodwill. I have never worked for a company that overall treats their employees so badly. I don't mind a company wanting to make money, but Goodwill hides behind a mask of being a 'charity' to justify they dishonest way. I'm not saying that they don't do some good (even a broken clock is right twice a day), but they are brutal and dishonest with their employees. I have SOLID evidence of cheating the customer, knowingly selling counterfeit goods etc. I can't say too much because it will give my position away, but yes, I know someone who was promoted because because there were 3 lawsuits against him from employees for inappropriateness, so Goodwill simply promoted hin to a new department, that's The Goodwill way. THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

gina in Griffin, Georgia said: apparently this goes on all over the united states with this company I cant stand how crooked the company is I worked there for two years and my last year was a living hell. im looking for anyone who willing to go against the company and for help.

gina:
Fist of all; my intention is not to destroy Goodwill. I want them to change how they operate. There are some good people who work there, BUT, the philosophy of managment is WRONG and damaging to the their employees. THEY ARE NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Your best way to get Goodwill to change is to encourage your friends to shop and donate somewhere else until Goodwill repents of their ways.
if you want to contact me; pc4tja@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: I must be very careful, unfortunately I still need my job at Goodwill. I have never worked for a company that overall treats their employees so badly. I don't mind a company wanting to make money, but Goodwill hides behind a mask of being a 'charity' to justify they dishonest way. I'm not saying that they don't do some good (even a broken clock is right twice a day), but they are brutal and dishonest with their employees. I have SOLID evidence of cheating the customer, knowingly selling counterfeit goods etc. I can't say too much because it will give my position away, but yes, I know someone who was promoted because because there were 3 lawsuits against him from employees for inappropriateness, so Goodwill simply promoted hin to a new department, that's The Goodwill way. THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

I hope goodwill closes. we had a great boss, and she was written up and before she was fired she left. Goodwill has upper management scumbags who are no doubt overpaid and doing nothing but treating people like slaves who are poor and need jobs. F you goodwill.

John in Seattle, Washington

47 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: I must be very careful, unfortunately I still need my job at Goodwill. I have never worked for a company that overall treats their employees so badly. I don't mind a company wanting to make money, but Goodwill hides behind a mask of being a 'charity' to justify they dishonest way. I'm not saying that they don't do some good (even a broken clock is right twice a day), but they are brutal and dishonest with their employees. I have SOLID evidence of cheating the customer, knowingly selling counterfeit goods etc. I can't say too much because it will give my position away, but yes, I know someone who was promoted because because there were 3 lawsuits against him from employees for inappropriateness, so Goodwill simply promoted hin to a new department, that's The Goodwill way. THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

I just got fired after 3 years of employment with the Lakewood Goodwill. I got assaulted by my Manager. An filed a police Report and got fired the next day. Hey, If anyone knows of a lawyer willing to take a lawsuit against the goodwill please let me know. I have a police report and im getting a restraining order on the manager. The lawyers I have called are lawyers for the goodwill. Also is there any class action lawsuits against the goodwill out there. My employees are being treated like crap now that im not there. and they call me everyday. But what can I do? You can reply to me on here or at kohlmerritt@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Very sad. Sorry you had to experience whatever you did. I know Goodwill is NOT good. They have a lot to answer for. They bully their employees and generally do not provide proper training but continue to expect more and more and more. They are after only one thing MONEY...for the upper management and executive team. I'm not saying they never do anything "good", but the BAD they do is very grievous and has hurt a lot of decent people. They pray on the the week and valuable. Let me say that again; they take advantage of people down on their luck, offer them jobs and then treat them poorly while asking them to produce what they are neither capable of or trained for. Goodwill is BAD NEWS! I know this first hand!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Yes, yes, yes! I can believe all of what has been said here is true! The internet has allowed us to connect with each other! We're not alone! We can stand up and say GOODWILL CHANGE YOUR WAYS OR GO TO HELL! As you've read by many people feel Goodwill is NOT good; it is a pattern and it's systemic. I still work for GW. Not everyone I work with is bad, nor are all the managers bad. BUT the system IS bad! This system is VERY VERY VERY VERY bad. GOODWILL, wake up you dumb idiots! I've been trying to tell you this for a year, LISTEN!!!!!!! GOODWILL has a greed problem, plain and simple. They have forgotten the original mission; help the less fortunate. They accept government money (is Tax payer's money), they take donated items and corporate sponsorships and use it to enrich those in upper management and those on the executive team. I'm inside the belle of the beast; I see it!

GREEDwill, that's the truth of it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rahshawn7 in Decatur, Georgia

46 months ago

I was trying to get into a government funded program at the Goodwill Career center in Decatur,Ga. So happens it has been almost three weeks and an associate of mines completed his paper work after me. he is starting tomorrow. They don't return my calls and act as if the have a vendetta against me. The are very self centered people to be around and you notice this immediately. The program manager can't even hold a business conversation, let alone be civil about the role that she has. It has been very frustrating for me because all i wanted was to get into the program, so that i can be more marketable. You all can agree how tough this economy is. I really have kind of loss my desire to be apart of the construction maintenance program< However i ask if someone can help me with information on how to file a discrimination claim for this situation. Any information will be greatly appreciated. And i too thank Goodwill doesn't stand for what it markets. They DON'T EVEN SMILE WHEN YOU VISIT THERE ESTABLISHMENTS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Seattle, Washington

46 months ago

cathy5555@comcast.net in Citrus Heights, California said: Goodwills are the same all over huh? The goodwill where i work is the same. There are people that have been working there over 15 years and still get paid $8.50 an hour. And get this.. they just now cut peoples hours so now we can't even afford christmas. They give a $25.00 goodwill coupon for xmas. Since last august I have supposed to be on light duty..Ha..Ha.. I still work alone...they don't care.

thay need to be stoped

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

John in Seattle....sorry to here this. People should understand that goodwill is really only after peoples donations to line the pockets of those at the top. It's a shame because a lot of people I talk with really trust the goodwill to be good, sadly I do not find that to be the case. Not everyone who works there is rotten, mind you, be the cooperate structure ripe for fraud and abuse and I've seen first hand that abuse and fraud played out..... NOTHING GOOD in GOODWILL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »