looking for any one that has had problems with goodwill ( Sexuall haressment, employee confidetiality, and /or harassment !

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 281)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

To cathy5555.... Sorry you experienced this. Sadly managers at Goodwill are very ofter poorly trained and very often miss-treated by those above them. Don't be too mad at them, in away they are likely victims of Goodwill greed in their own right.
The C-SEP program is federally funded. Goodwill takes tax dollars to 'retrain' people, then they put them to work in their company doing all the same work as a company employee without any of the benefits and little hope of ever being offered a 'regular' position....and just ask them what their placement rate is (outside of GW) it's VERY LOW. So, not a bad gig for the big-shots; take federal money and use the donated goods to enrich themselves all the while telling the public they do 'good' for the community. HOG WASH! They are as corrupt as any of Bernie Madoff's tricks....SHAME ON YOU GOODWILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Wendell, North Carolina

52 months ago

Big John in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Right now I'm looking for people that have problems with goodwill anywhere in the USA !I was employed by goodwill and during that time I had several incideances that where not delt with at all ! I was wondering if there was any one else that had any of the same problems as me ?

They fired me for a job related injury. They claimed I was not following their employee handbook rules or their training procedures. They are liers and will do anything and treat anyone however they feel like. They Think they can pull this off, maybe, but not for long. One day it will all come back to bite them in the A--. It is obvious this maltreatment is a common practice for them, thus the evidence against their character and practices piles up and eventually they will have no leg to stand on. Like the boy who cried wolf, or The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant in the Bible, the tables will turn. As I stated in another forum, "someone I worked with there once said, "It is like a concentration camp, without the incinerator." and another former co-worker often complained how they bully her but she can not afford to lose her job so she has to just keep her mouth shut and take their abuse." I also delt with the bullying when I was their. They are very power hungry and take great pleasure in intimidating and harrassing the people who work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

smosley708 in Kansas City, Missouri said: I work for a Kansas City Missouri Goodwill. I discovered this site when I googled search 'Goodwill Employee Lawsuits'.....

Hello Smosley708 in Kansas

I'm not sure about a class action. May be worth looking into. There sure seems to be a number of very similar complaints; Goodwill has a 'face' of being 'good' but treats employees very poorly. And worse, I'm not sure anyone in upper management care enough to do anything about it. Our upper management spends all their time looking for new free handouts to increase 'training' programs to even notice the poor morale. Incompetent, ignorant or indifference, I'm not sure which but all three describe Goodwill's upper management.

I will be launching a Facebook page to try to drum publicity, in an effort to get Goodwill's attention and change. Would you be willing to join.

Al.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DBLT in PT, Washington

51 months ago

I think that everyone should get together and start a class A. For the people that worked at the Seattle and Tocoma Goodwill you should all call Jesse Jones at King 5 News. If all of you and others we all know send in mass emails with our stories of the things that have gone he will check into it. Goodwill gets away with this stuff because no one does anything, we all have to cover each others back for it to work. If this sounds like a way to go, it all should be timed so the emails go out fairly close together, same with any calls that are made. He is an investigator for the new.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gabby316 in Antioch, California

51 months ago

My name is Gabriel Lucido and I worked for Goodwill in Antioch CA for all of 2010 as a driver. I was forced to work overtime off the clock on several occasions. My supervisor often talked down to me and said I was too slow and not organized enough at times. Usually these times were when the loading dock was in utter chaos and stores were getting such an overflow of donations that it was just an impossiple task in getting my route done in 8 hours time. If I refused to work off the clock as I often did at first, I started getting write ups for petty things like leaving a dolly at a store. I was often threatend with termination or suspension even though I worked as hard as my body would allow and took no breaks or lunches so I could attempt to finish route in 8 hours. I knew thier tactics were illegal but felt I could not afford to loose the job. I ended up getting terminated because I went 20 miles an hour in the yard instead of 5 really on accident due to being rushed and stressed. Just overlooked it and never even had any previous write ups for it..... I am glad to be gone from there but I am considering legal action.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lydia in Bradenton, Florida

50 months ago

I have read all your comments and believe me I can relate. The hard thing about the situations is that most of the states have an "at will" employment, meaning that an employer can fire an employee for any reason. This could be even if you farted or sneezed. It is a sad clause. It is also tough to get a lawyer because most of the time the Goodwills will have a lawyer in the area sit on their board of directors. Most of the time they will pick someone on the board of the bar association in your area. How crazy is that? That is where your out of luck looking for a lawyer because lawyers in that area will not touch you or you can hire them and they just sit around just collecting your money. The only thing some of you can do is file with the EEOC if you believe you were discriminated against by race or disability. But if you guys really want to so something about it..put all your stories together, take it to a news reporter and go after the big guys..Goodwill Industries International..or if you can find out who regulates the Goodwill's around the country..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

DBLT in PT, Washington said: I think that everyone should get together and start a class A. For the people that worked at the Seattle and Tocoma Goodwill you should all call Jesse Jones at King 5 News. If all of you and others we all know send in mass emails with our stories of the things that have gone he will check into it. Goodwill gets away with this stuff because no one does anything, we all have to cover each others back for it to work. If this sounds like a way to go, it all should be timed so the emails go out fairly close together, same with any calls that are made. He is an investigator for the new.

I want to start a Facebook page dedicated to Greedwill. Please replay to this email so I can get you the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Gabby316 in Antioch, California said: My name is Gabriel Lucido and I worked for Goodwill in Antioch CA for all of 2010 as a driver. I was forced to work overtime off the clock on several occasions. My supervisor often talked down to me and said I was too slow and not organized enough at times. Usually these times were when the loading dock was in utter chaos and stores were getting such an overflow of donations that it was just an impossiple task in getting my route done in 8 hours time. If I refused to work off the clock as I often did at first, I started getting write ups for petty things like leaving a dolly at a store. I was often threatend with termination or suspension even though I worked as hard as my body would allow and took no breaks or lunches so I could attempt to finish route in 8 hours. I knew thier tactics were illegal but felt I could not afford to loose the job. I ended up getting terminated because I went 20 miles an hour in the yard instead of 5 really on accident due to being rushed and stressed. Just overlooked it and never even had any previous write ups for it..... I am glad to be gone from there but I am considering legal action.

We have 3 people in my work area sooooo freaked out they might loose their jobs they skip lunch, come in early off the clock all to meet a production level that is TOTALY arbitrary and inflated. One gal is/was working from home. Hourly workers working off the clock is against Federal guidelines. I reported the information to a supervisor....guess what nothing happened. THAT a real compassionate company that abuses their employees. Goodwill needs to be investigated by the Feds...but they won't because it's a powerful organizational with very high visibility and public support. SPREAD THE WORD. GOODWILL IS NOT GOOD!

GOODWILL IS SICK....they must be exposed for what they are GREEDWILL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

There is a facebook page already with 110 members..it's called Goodwill Sucks and are not a charity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

If you want to share your story with others...check out the facebook page..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Lydia in Bradenton, Florida said: There is a facebook page already with 110 members..it's called Goodwill Sucks and are not a charity.

Yes, everyone needs to join that fb page. Thanks for the heads up on that. Be sure to invite all your fb friends, we need as much power as possible so Goodwill will notice. Who knows, maybe they will change their ways, that is my hope. As it is right now, Goodwill does tons of harm in the name of being "good"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Waukegan, Illinois

50 months ago

i agree with all of these posts about goodwill. i worked there for seven years and have seen alot of harrassment, favortism and down right bullying as far as im concerned. although i have worked with alot of good people the bad outweigh them as far as my experience has been.

50 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: Very sad. Sorry you had to experience whatever you did. I know Goodwill is NOT good. They have a lot to answer for. They bully their employees and generally do not provide proper training but continue to expect more and more and more. They are after only one thing MONEY...for the upper management and executive team. I'm not saying they never do anything "good", but the BAD they do is very grievous and has hurt a lot of decent people. They pray on the the week and valuable. Let me say that again; they take advantage of people down on their luck, offer them jobs and then treat them poorly while asking them to produce what they are neither capable of or trained for. Goodwill is BAD NEWS! I know this first hand!

Thanks for your story...please share it on Facebook at 'Goodwill Sucks' we need as many people as possible to know the truth about how Goodwill operates! Goodwill MUST address this issue, WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

anonymous in Waukegan, Illinois said: i agree with all of these posts about goodwill. i worked there for seven years and have seen alot of harrassment, favortism and down right bullying as far as im concerned. although i have worked with alot of good people the bad outweigh them as far as my experience has been.

Thanks for your story...please share it on Facebook at 'Goodwill Sucks' we need as many people as possible to know the truth about how Goodwill operates! Goodwill MUST address this issue, WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

kentuckytinker in Lexington, Kentucky

50 months ago

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia said: Contact the EEOC and they will tell you.

I think we that worked Goodwill and were injured or mistreated because of favoritism with whatever Goodwill doles out that they need to find a good attorney and have a class action lawsuit against them. They do not stand behind any of their employees getting hurt and will go to illegal means to keep from paying as that goes in to their "bonus" money. They get more bonus money per month than their salary and that is what you are trained on is hire everyone that has a disability and that will make your bonus check bigger and then charge extra for all of the unusal or better grade merchandise and that will make your bonus check at the end of the month bigger. Now when an employee gets hurt because of meaness on the account of employees or cooperation Goodwill will stand behind the money maker in the store. That is all they care about and they need to be sued and also exposed as to what their real mision is. It is not creating jobs but userary. Anyone can go get a non-profit status and say and do what they do and hire all people with disabilities and that is what it is MONEY. Nothing else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: Yes, yes, yes! I can believe all of what has been said here is true! The internet has allowed us to connect with each other! We're not alone! We can stand up and say GOODWILL CHANGE YOUR WAYS OR GO TO HELL! As you've read by many people feel Goodwill is NOT good; it is a pattern and it's systemic. I still work for GW. Not everyone I work with is bad, nor are all the managers bad. BUT the system IS bad! This system is VERY VERY VERY VERY bad. GOODWILL, wake up you dumb idiots! I've been trying to tell you this for a year, LISTEN!!!!!!! GOODWILL has a greed problem, plain and simple. They have forgotten the original mission; help the less fortunate. They accept government money (is Tax payer's money), they take donated items and corporate sponsorships and use it to enrich those in upper management and those on the executive team. I'm inside the belle of the beast; I see it!

GREEDwill, that's the truth of it!

You hit it right on the nose. I heard the top dog talk about managers like a dog because the deposits were not made in the a.m. of every day. Distrust, because that makes the Distribution Center Director wonder about her big money bonuses. I asked when training about throwing out something torn or missing a button and was told, no, we can't do that. Someone might go in the dumpster and use it. We have to bundle all of the unusable clothing compress it and sell it. It's all about MONEY.

50 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said:

Let me know if you find anything out about a class action lawsuit. I'm in there. They are now making so much money off our unusued items that they are paying cash for their buildings. Most of their rent was l0,000 a month or more. They get everything for free except the cost of he building and wages. They get so much government money but they will not part with it as that is their bonus money. I was in management I know all of their evil tricks.

50 months ago

anonymous in Waukegan, Illinois said: i agree with all of these posts about goodwill. i worked there for seven years and have seen alot of harrassment, favortism and down right bullying as far as im concerned. although i have worked with alot of good people the bad outweigh them as far as my experience has been.

Thanks for your comments!

Please go to the face book page GOODWILL Sucks. We need to organize to even sand a chance against this monster. Goodwill is HUGE, they will never change their ways if a few dozen 'disgruntled' employees and former employees complain amongst themselves. Please join our fb page and invite all your friends to join. YES I too see good people treated like mere machines, so let's not allow that! Let's speak out, let's spread the message! Goodwill MUST take serious the concerns of those who work there!

50 months ago

kentuckytinker in Lexington, Kentucky said: Let me know if you find anything out about a class action lawsuit. I'm in there. They are now making so much money off our unusued items that they are paying cash for their buildings. Most of their rent was l0,000 a month or more. They get everything for free except the cost of he building and wages. They get so much government money but they will not part with it as that is their bonus money. I was in management I know all of their evil tricks.

Kentuckytinker, I may know someone I work with that might need to talk about joining a class action. I will approach this person and ask if he/she would like to get in contact via this web site. In the mean time please join the Face Book page Goodwill Sucks. We need many many more people. Please invite your friends to join.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

kentuckytinker in Lexington, Kentucky said: You hit it right on the nose. I heard the top dog talk about managers like a dog because the deposits were not made in the a.m. of every day. Distrust, because that makes the Distribution Center Director wonder about her big money bonuses. I asked when training about throwing out something torn or missing a button and was told, no, we can't do that. Someone might go in the dumpster and use it. We have to bundle all of the unusable clothing compress it and sell it. It's all about MONEY.

Yes, thank you for your comments. Please share your store on Face Book, on the Goodwill Sucks page. I too heard upper managers talk right in front of me and my co-worker about the 'new bonus' structure they were paying managers, and how much more revenue Goodwill was bring in because of it. They stood right there talking as if we were to stupid to understand them. What a SAD company that hides behind a cloak of compassion! SAME ON GOODWILL! SHAME ON YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

B Sconyers in Loomis, California

50 months ago

cathy5555@comcast.net in Citrus Heights, California said: Goodwills are the same all over huh? The goodwill where i work is the same. There are people that have been working there over 15 years and still get paid $8.50 an hour. And get this.. they just now cut peoples hours so now we can't even afford christmas. They give a $25.00 goodwill coupon for xmas. Since last august I have supposed to be on light duty..Ha..Ha.. I still work alone...they don't care.

Hi Cathy - I know that there are several current lawsuits pending in California against Goodwill in your area, dealing with discrimination, harassment and wage-hour violations. I think the wage-hour is actually a class action case, but I am not sure if it is in a California court or Federal court. It is time for Goodwill to answer and pay for its malicious conduct. I am certain that Dr. Edgar J. Helms (the Founder) would be tragically sad to see what abuse has been done within his good name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

I got permanently injured and am looking for a lawyer that already has a class action lawsuit going with them. I have all of my information documented thru and attorney that didn't chew them up.

Let me know if you know of such an attorney.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

B Sconyers in Loomis, California

50 months ago

kentuckytinker in Lexington, Kentucky said: I got permanently injured on the job because of favoritism and if I got injured then they could get rid of me. I'm looking for others that want to enter a class action lawsuit against them for their injustice, greediness and expose them for not living up to what they claim they are all about. I had an attorney and they hired a DR. to lie. Had other doctor's statements from my own doctors and they paid someone their DR. to lie.

They are the most crooked outfit I have ever seen. If they paid their workers comp claim they would not have all of that bonus money for their checks.

Call Mr Stephen Gamber with Initiative Legal Group in So CAL L.A.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Disapointed in Everett, Washington

50 months ago

I wish I could give 0 stars. I worked for this company for 6 months, and it was terrible. They treat their employee's like trash, underpaid, abused. I think it was the happiest day of my life when I quit.

When I asked to become a forklift driver I was laughed at by Mike, Alex gave little respect and Corey said he would talk to mike (the forklift manager) but never did. (Alex and Corey are the store managers along with Karen, if you can even call them managers) They asked employees that joined the company much later than I did if they wanted to be drivers, which was a spit in my face.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

The way they treated their employee's was appalling, they often belittled you and poked fun at you making it difficult to want to work for them. I was called out among my coworkers and called to the office on several occasions to be sat down in front of all the managers and told I as working at a slow pace, when in fact I was working much faster than anyone else. I was constantly breaking a sweat, while other workers were talking and putting up clothing to them to see if it would fit and just goofing around. If I had a conversation with another employee I would be scolded.

Many double standards with this company, honestly they are a bunch of slave drivers, they sit in their office and watch the cameras in the warehouse so they can pick out what someone is doing and call them out on it.

The way they run the retail part of their store is a disaster as well, treating their customers like trash and not taking care of the trashy people when they need to. There's many people that just hang around the store, horde books, get in fights when someone takes something that another had their eye on and seldom something is done about it. This company is an absolute disgrace to charities and giving back.

I'm not sure that if the good people that do donate and give out of the kindness of their hearts really realize that goodwill is not a charity but a business. I would strongly recommend from now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

on that do wish give to charity would not give to goodwill, it's a hard hitting business and don't think people really realize people are making great money from your kindness, I would consider giving elsewhere.

I have no idea how they stay in business but it's disgusting and I will never say a good word about them, and in the future when I donate items I will be sure to drive right past goodwill, where in fact their will is not good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kentuckytinker in Nicholasville, Kentucky

50 months ago

do you know of any lawyer that has won a case with them.

I'm looking for a class action lawsuit that an attorney has won and then he could help all of us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Do you know anyone that has one a class action lawsuit against them. If you know of an attorney then we could all go up against them with the same attorney and expose them like 20/20 does or some of these other shows.

I go into the stores and tell customers while I'm in there about their evil ways and what they are all about. If we would all do that, no one would donate. The Salvation Army helps everyone, Goodwill helps their pockets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

If you will go into all the Goodwill's in your path and talk to customers and tell them what they are all about, they would stop donating. Salvation Army takes donations and helps the people.

Do you know an attorney that has won a case against them. If we could get a class action lawsuit against them that would be the best thing for all of us.

ju ju w in Nowhereville, Illinois

50 months ago

Well count me in for working for one of the most ungrateful, cold, uncaring places around. I've worked there over 3 yrs. I come in on time don't take breaks while bosses and favorites take breaks every hour on the hour. Never a pat on the back just a lot of "what your doing wrong" unless of course your one of the favorites. Raises?? whats that?? Even when you know you did a great job your evaluation will show you just what a failure you are. Your made to feel less than, and expected to do more. Don't even get hurt on the job, that gets you the cold shoulder, and if your get good medical care when it's cover you might as well figure so is your employment. I've worked in not for profit jobs most of my life and have come to the conclusion it's the nature of the beast, they all want blood from a turnip, they think your a moron that doesn't know how to do anything, all the while they are cheating the very company they say your not doing a good job for. It's time we stood up for our rights and time we looked for work in the public sector where when you work hard at least your paid for it.

Larry Rudduck in Denver, Colorado

49 months ago

I've worked at 2 stores here, one for training and one where I'm at now. Everything y'all have said is true here as well! A few other things I'd add are these: Back in December they promised us all a .50 hour raise (to $8.25 / hr.), it took till late February before we got it and that was after the Reviews they neglected to mention. As far as Reviews go here they do them like you just started last week, but when I had mine I'd been there 4 months, I got a whopping 58 and was told that was great. Right. The latest one is the Manager just dropped one of the days I work (I'm "Full Time") so I'm going to be out over $235 each month, so what bills don't I pay?

babs in Waukegan, Illinois

49 months ago

i know all to well what they will do to you if you get hurt on the job. i worked at the navy base at great lakes when i got hurt on the job. needless to say i sued them and won but it wasnt too long after that i was laid off due to cuts from the navy , or so they say, but then again alot of people did. i wouldnt work for them again ever, as someone else posted they treat you like a moron and never give you a pat on the back for the work you do. favortism !? yeah, thats a big thing at the navy base as well when it comes to supervisors and galley managers. their pets get away with just about anything and always get what they want while others get treated like a dog. goodwill industries is definately not a good place to work.

luvwood in Puyallup, Washington

49 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: Very sad. Sorry you had to experience whatever you did. I know Goodwill is NOT good. They have a lot to answer for. They bully their employees and generally do not provide proper training but continue to expect more and more and more. They are after only one thing MONEY...for the upper management and executive team. I'm not saying they never do anything "good", but the BAD they do is very grievous and has hurt a lot of decent people. They pray on the the week and valuable. Let me say that again; they take advantage of people down on their luck, offer them jobs and then treat them poorly while asking them to produce what they are neither capable of or trained for. Goodwill is BAD NEWS! I know this first hand!

I am hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer to sue them for defamation of character and slander. My son put in over 1 and a half years there and quite due to safety and no raise ever. After he quit we found out they were spreading rumors ( to future employers) that he stole stuff. I am beyond angry and plan on taking steps..

49 months ago

cecil ash in Warner Robins, Georgia said: I jsut left goodwill about 1 month ago. I worked there for 28 months. I loved the job but like someone had stated earlier, it's management and people at the top. Nothing but modern day slavery. I've seen it all there, staeling big time, break ins, and cover ups. People breaking everyone's confidentiality. I've heard manangers talking about other employees with other employees. I've seen a group of people, led by store managers ban together and got other employees fired. I'll tell it to anyone goodwill is the worst place to ever work or try to get a job. The only reason I hung in there for 28 months was because I was going to college and I finally finished and got up out of goodwill. Now they try to act like I got to finish school because of them, but I honestly finished school with no help to goodwill, because they didn't want me to go at first. They threatened to fire me if I attended school. One day someone is gonna sue goodwil and win big. If anyone out there is thinking about suing goodwill or taking them to court and need someone to help them explain how goodwill really is, just e-mail me at lyvewyre@cox.net It's nothing more than modern day slavery!!!

Please email me at luvwood@gmail.com, they have spread rumors of slander against my son and I have proof. They have also said more than they should to prospective employers..I am very upset as I know the truth since I am his mother..love to sue them and I think I will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Anyone who wants to jump on the band wagon regarding Goodwill Industries and a lawsuit for Defamation of Character and Slander give me a shout..the store who it will be against is the River Rd., in Puyallup, WA..

unfair in North Charleston, South Carolina

49 months ago

they do not do accomodations for different disablities and want robots who do not question them..I was told i had anger issues when i was assertive

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zelda Davis in West Palm Beach, Florida

48 months ago

I worked at a goodwill and got injured. They ignored it and I took myself to the hospital. I reapplied for unemployment and got it. They then appealed it and now I am a single mother and have to pay it back. The Goodwill lied under oath about getting 3 write ups and you are out. I had 2, one for not they said for reporting the injury and I tried to do it! The other they said they did not have write ups. I know they have write ups. Anybody get write ups that they would like to help out I would appreciate it. I am going to try to write my own appeal since they lied. At the old store people were slaves and terrified to lose their job. Goodwill is horrible, I have never been treated so bad in my life. They are breakin me...zelda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

luvwood in Puyallup, Washington said: Please email me at luvwood@gmail.com, they have spread rumors of slander against my son and I have proof. They have also said more than they should to prospective employers..I am very upset as I know the truth since I am his mother..love to sue them and I think I will.

I need your help they say they do not have the write ups. 3 write ups and you are out. I got hurt and they fought my workers comp and unemployment and said that they did not have write ups. They lied. If you got up please hand write me a letter. I sued them and they lied and said I deliberately injured myself to get money. The Goodwill are scum. I can try to help you with your law case. Please help me get write up documentation. zelda

48 months ago

kentuckytinker in Nicholasville, Kentucky said: do you know of any lawyer that has won a case with them.

I'm looking for a class action lawsuit that an attorney has won and then he could help all of us.

Class actions and collection actions are hard to prove in a right to work state. Florida is a right to work state. They sure screwed me. Zelda

48 months ago

Anonymous in Wendell, North Carolina said: They fired me for a job related injury. They claimed I was not following their employee handbook rules or their training procedures. They are liers and will do anything and treat anyone however they feel like. They Think they can pull this off, maybe, but not for long. One day it will all come back to bite them in the A--. It is obvious this maltreatment is a common practice for them, thus the evidence against their character and practices piles up and eventually they will have no leg to stand on. Like the boy who cried wolf, or The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant in the Bible, the tables will turn. As I stated in another forum, "someone I worked with there once said, "It is like a concentration camp, without the incinerator." and another former co-worker often complained how they bully her but she can not afford to lose her job so she has to just keep her mouth shut and take their abuse." I also delt with the bullying when I was their. They are very power hungry and take great pleasure in intimidating and harrassing the people who work for them.

I was injured and they lied under oath regarding write ups. They stated that the Goodwill did not use write ups. Anybody out there got written up I need your help!

48 months ago

Gabby316 in Antioch, California said: My name is Gabriel Lucido and I worked for Goodwill in Antioch CA for all of 2010 as a driver. I was forced to work overtime off the clock on several occasions. My supervisor often talked down to me and said I was too slow and not organized enough at times. Usually these times were when the loading dock was in utter chaos and stores were getting such an overflow of donations that it was just an impossiple task in getting my route done in 8 hours time. If I refused to work off the clock as I often did at first, I started getting write ups for petty things like leaving a dolly at a store. I was often threatend with termination or suspension even though I worked as hard as my body would allow and took no breaks or lunches so I could attempt to finish route in 8 hours. I knew thier tactics were illegal but felt I could not afford to loose the job. I ended up getting terminated because I went 20 miles an hour in the yard instead of 5 really on accident due to being rushed and stressed. Just overlooked it and never even had any previous write ups for it..... I am glad to be gone from there but I am considering legal action.

Same situation here. I had 2 write ups and settled out of court for an injury that they ignored for not much money but something. They fought my uemployment and lied under oath regarding write ups. They said I could have still worked there and that they did not have write ups! Our store operated under the premise 3 write ups and you are out! If I had not gotten an attorney...they would have gotten me sooner, writing me up and then firing me. I now have to pay back unemployment because they lied. Anyone willing to write a letter witnessed by 2 people I could use the help. It is an affadavit about the write ups. I am going to try to fight back buy they are so sleazy who knows. They lied and stated that the write ups were false. They didn't exist. They lied. Thanks Goodwill sucks and is not a charity

48 months ago

luvwood in Puyallup, Washington said: I have a son who has problems with people not giving him a reference. They are lying about him and it is hurting his chances to get another job. I am furious since this is the only job he has had. He put in a year and a half and just couldn't take the abuse anymore not to mention he never got a raise just promises..I would love to make them own up to what is being said because in this state it is considered slander and defamation of character..they have gotten away with too much as it is..I say Class Action..the sooner the better..

It has to be in a state that is not a 'right to work state'!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

luvwood in Puyallup, Washington said: Please email me at luvwood@gmail.com, they have spread rumors of slander against my son and I have proof. They have also said more than they should to prospective employers..I am very upset as I know the truth since I am his mother..love to sue them and I think I will.

Sadly the Tacoma organization is one of the worst, if not the worst. I understand Portland is also run very poorly. I will swear on a stack of Bibles; a higher-lever manager told me point blank "some of the store are known for treating their employees worse (than our department). We have it much better (in this department)."

HAVE GOODWILL, why do you think you can treat people with such indifference and think you can get a way with it?

GOODWILL HIDES behind a mask of "good". I'm not suggesting they don't 'help' some people BUT I seen TONS of people (employees and Scsep) they hurt. Hurting people in the name of being 'good' is NEVER right!

SHAME on GOODWILL SHAME!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Go to Goodwill Sucks and is not Charity for more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doris Day in Saturn, Ohio

48 months ago

Rahshawn7 in Decatur, Georgia said: I was trying to get into a government funded program at the Goodwill Career center in Decatur,Ga. So happens it has been almost three weeks and an associate of mines completed his paper work after me. he is starting tomorrow. They don't return my calls and act as if the have a vendetta against me. The are very self centered people to be around and you notice this immediately. The program manager can't even hold a business conversation, let alone be civil about the role that she has. It has been very frustrating for me because all i wanted was to get into the program, so that i can be more marketable. You all can agree how tough this economy is. I really have kind of loss my desire to be apart of the construction maintenance program< However i ask if someone can help me with information on how to file a discrimination claim for this situation. Any information will be greatly appreciated. And i too thank Goodwill doesn't stand for what it markets. They DON'T EVEN SMILE WHEN YOU VISIT THERE ESTABLISHMENTS!!

What I thought was bad about goodwill is they harass you and pick on you all the time, stupid little ideas to make a couple more bucks a day. I heard a while back that where I used to work they were writing up employees that didn't make a 10$ and above sale regularly. I laughed. They were supposed to twist customers arms to get them to buy more. When the employees making maybe $8 an hour are supposed to grovel and beg? The CEO makes about 200,000$ a year for doing nothing but thinking up stupid little ideas to make people that work at the stores lose their pride in themselves and worry constantly about getting written up for stupid reasons.
Its not who you know or what you know its who you b&*( right? I was not a member of a minority group, just over 40. They stuck the young people on the drawer, and made me work in the hot sun, when I always had a perfect drawer. I had a heat stroke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

law in Birmingham, Alabama

46 months ago

my name is law i was working for goodwill for 4 monts until i was call a racial word i could not believe what i heard from people that are upper manamgement their are a bunch of racist bigot that pray on the disable people and that is were all the money is going .i was call a nig--by vpopration manager,and call charlie brown and nappy head by my supervisor it is time that the people know what goodwill really stands for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shocked at their behavior! in Rochester, New York

45 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: I must be very careful, unfortunately I still need my job at Goodwill. I have never worked for a company that overall treats their employees so badly. I don't mind a company wanting to make money, but Goodwill hides behind a mask of being a 'charity' to justify they dishonest way. I'm not saying that they don't do some good (even a broken clock is right twice a day), but they are brutal and dishonest with their employees. I have SOLID evidence of cheating the customer, knowingly selling counterfeit goods etc. I can't say too much because it will give my position away, but yes, I know someone who was promoted because because there were 3 lawsuits against him from employees for inappropriateness, so Goodwill simply promoted hin to a new department, that's The Goodwill way. THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

I agree! (former SGW employee) I have some unfinished legal business with them. I'm not done with them yet, wanna chat?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

appalled in nc in Apex, North Carolina

45 months ago

I was just let go by goodwill, after several months. I have witnessed many incidents of employee intimidation, threatening by managers, and ignoring obvious employee illegal behavior. I was let go I'm told because they "decided not to continue my employment". This coincedently, comes right after two complaints were filed by immigrant workers against a manager, for threatening treatment and racial comments. I happen to witness several of these incidents. I have never worked in a organization, that is so degrading, condescending and controlling. As all above have said. Goodwill is not about Goodwill at all. It is about using people til they are completely drained and spitting them out.
We have so many very good people who donate believing this is a very worthy cause. They have no idea how greedy and uncaring this corporation is. It is all about control, deception, and high incomes for the upper management. They should be exposed for what they are. They are deciving the public in the name of goodwill. Appalling beyond anything I could have imagined.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

suetone in Portland, Maine

43 months ago

Does anyone still work for Goodwill? I'm out of work for a bit due to health issues. It's the worst place I've ever worked and I'm trying to find a way to expose them. If they fire me in the midst of this it will be very sad for them, I swear I'll take them down. I'll be on 20/20 keep me in your emails because push comes to shove I will be exposing and you can too.

shyone in Portland, Maine

43 months ago

I've got so many problems with Goodwill, do you still work for them, I swear I'm going to take them down. I'll be on 20/20 keep me in mind if you want to be interviewed, they are messing with the wrong person right now.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »