looking for any one that has had problems with goodwill ( Sexuall haressment, employee confidetiality, and /or harassment !

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 286)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Anonymous in Huntington Beach, California

30 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: I can put you in contact with people "on the inside" Yes, I completely agree, Goodwill is by far the WORST to work for. What a totally corrupt organization...while pretending to be a compassionate 'charity'. GREEDwill is what they should be called! Are you sure your health issue wasn't/isn't exacerbated from being exposed to all they pollutants...old moldy items, dust, poor air circulation, no air cleaners etc... I am very convinced working in that environment caused me an allergic reaction. The place is a mental and physical hazard.

Glad you're fired up...I was when I worked there and I tried very hard to "uncover" the GW LIE and shine some public light on that vial den of thieves! Even after leaving I'm trying to expose them. When anyone mentions that place I give them my story and blast GW!

Please go to Facebook and join some anti-Goodwill groups....tell all your friends and let's force GW to reform and change its evil ways!!!

These people are more like a den of vipers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

dari in Lambertville, Michigan said: Was employed by Goodwill for 8 months. In our store, was witness to verbal abuse, hostility to co-workers & obvious favoritism. The layabouts who were on cozy terms w/management were always left unscathed. The "special needs" workers were the most beligerent and uncooperative but they were never disciplined. I was unjustly terminated due to "Insuboordination" because I dared question Management about decisions they made. Worst company I EVER worked for. If you kiss ass or you're a community service worker Or "special needs" you can do what you want. Been there, lived that. Personally, I'm filing a lawsuit. Goodwill doesnt care about their employees. Contrary to their mission statement, theyre about the money. From my personal experience, the management just cared about making themselves look good to the higher ups. They dont give a sh*t about those of us who actually did the work. So sad, because I loved working there but the management in the store I worked at were way too self involved, they were about themselves, and the almighty dollar. I had been witness too TOO many incidents of partiality to customers and employees, Back room dealings. For example: An employee was caught red handed stealing and they allowed her to keep her job. I simply asked questions and was fired. TERRIBLE company to work for. Slave like conditions. The location i worked at, they didnt even allow you to sit. That was grounds for firing. NEVER work for the Goodwill. Your hard work goes unappreciated. You can only survive if you kiss up to management.

Everything that you just described happens on a daily basis in orange County CA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington

30 months ago

Anonymous in Huntington Beach, California said: I tried to tell them for almost twelve years and they never woke up. You know what they never will. A leopard will never change his or hers spots.

Maybe that's true, but today we have a tool, called the internet specifically sites like this and facebook. Here we can tell our stories. Maybe someone will listen if enough of us join together in exposing Goodwill. Please, find the group on Facebook called "Greedwill" and post your store there as well. Thanks for you 12 years or trying, keep up the good work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Anonymous in Huntington Beach, California said: Everything that you just described happens on a daily basis in orange County CA.

Tell your store on Facebook at Greedwill. Let's make sure the world knows how this company treats the "common workers" at their facilities...LIKE GARBAGE! Maybe those in admin and marketing have an easier time. The person on the work floor has it VERY different!

P.S. I know IT folks at Goodwill are reading these posts...monitoring them. They don't realy care about these types of posts now because they're relitivly small in numbers. BUT, as we grow, they will look for clue to identify people who post and make sure they're not employees. So be very careful about what you say. Don't use co-worker's real names and don't identify particular stores (unless of course you don't work there, then there's nothing Goodwill can do about it)

Join GREEDWILL on Facebook!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ron seed

29 months ago

Anonymous in Huntington Beach, California said: The thing is alot of the managers have at least a Bachelors degree and some have a masters degree yet they still do not have the first clue what a good manager really is. or for that manner what good management is. If you take care of your workers they will take care of you. Too bad Goodwill's around the country have never learned this. The bottom line is get the word out about Goodwill and how they really treat the employees and especially the disabled clients. If people around the country would be informed and stop donating to this dubious company then maybe just maybe they would wake up and change their ways. But then again you can't teach imbeciles anything.

They've obviously been through all the degreed people in our state. New store Mgrs. are on fast track through our states stores, and most have zero years of higher education. I suppose that the higher-up's find uneducated ignoramouses easier to intimidate. and therefore manage.

ron seed

29 months ago

True, true, true!!!!! Shamedly, all the comments made about Goodwill Stores and Management Universally must be true, because they are true in my state!!!! How do you explain the same problems universally????? THEY'RE ROTTEN TO THE CORE, that's how. STOP DONATING, SHOPPING, APPLYING FOR WORK, AND ASAP, WORKING FOR GOODWILL INDUSTRIES JOHN Q. PUBLIC!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jasmine in Prescott Valley, Arizona

29 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: Yes, yes, yes! I can believe all of what has been said here is true! The internet has allowed us to connect with each other! We're not alone! We can stand up and say GOODWILL CHANGE YOUR WAYS OR GO TO HELL! As you've read by many people feel Goodwill is NOT good; it is a pattern and it's systemic. I still work for GW. Not everyone I work with is bad, nor are all the managers bad. BUT the system IS bad! This system is VERY VERY VERY VERY bad. GOODWILL, wake up you dumb idiots! I've been trying to tell you this for a year, LISTEN!!!!!!! GOODWILL has a greed problem, plain and simple. They have forgotten the original mission; help the less fortunate. They accept government money (is Tax payer's money), they take donated items and corporate sponsorships and use it to enrich those in upper management and those on the executive team. I'm inside the belle of the beast; I see it!

GREEDwill, that's the truth of it!

I just quit on Friday because of everything written on this post and much more!, I have seen things go from bad to worse and after a year and a half with no increase or even a review, being verbally abused, working in slavelike conditions and working in 100 degree weather with a broken air conditioner the entire last summer, rats in the back room, no training and that's just the beginning, anybody readimng this...please don't even start working there unless you are starving! I can't file for unemployment because I quit. But basically, I make a dollar an hour more cleaining houses (basically, they are cleaner then the store) and I am not forced to work late at night and every single weekend like goodwill. Even in and out burger pays 10.00 an hour, goodwill pays 7.65-8.25 an hour!

Chris - Brampton in Rouge Valley, Ontario

29 months ago

Goodwill in Toronto is not any better - same abusive environment, upper management full of con artists that treat this company as their private slave camp. Basically, the unions do nothing because they go hand in hand with the execs. And human resources is totally owned by this shady management. Rude, unreasonable, control freaks, and worse with no proper education and work experience suitable for the position they hold. The guy in charge is universally hated. For good reasons - creating unstable work environment, lack of transparency, total contempt for employees, treacherous liar, etc. Hopefully he will be investigated soon. I have never seen a place like that - fear rules, people are being hired and fired constantly. In less than two months I witnessed scores of employees quitting, managers and employees abusing each other. Lies are the bread and butter for these people - inept human resources lies, inept operations managers lies - all covering for each other. Changes will be coming. There is too much discontent to continue the way it is. And this is a public company relying on people's donations and government grants to pay themselves salaries plus fat bonuses. They are accountable to ALL and their records (financial, salaries disclosures, etc.) are publicly accessible online here in Canada since Goodwill poses as a charity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ron seed

29 months ago

Has anyone noticed that when a Department Manager at a store really screws up an employee relations issue, they are quickly offered a promotion at another location? This seems to be a trend, reminicent of the Catholic Church hiding their bad priests.

kate noonan in south portland, Maine

29 months ago

keep them coming, I'm taking notes and these will all be compiled and sent into 20/20 the local news whomever will hear them... just keep them coming people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I read that today on another board about Greedwill abuses:

"I cannot understand how this gossip QUEEN with the venomus tongue and the teeth of a pit viper is now a manager. "

Got to say this is the best description of some senior employees in Goodwill Toronto -snitches to upper management. Totally unaccountable for their conduct.

29 months ago

fyi, in goodwill if two employees write to management with a written complaint about the gossiper, that person is supposed to get written up, I would know... I was gossiping with two women, and they both turned and told uppers because they're friends, and "I" got written up... they told me it's goodwill policy and they had to do it because "two" people signed papers' saying so

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: Tell your store on Facebook at Greedwill. Let's make sure the world knows how this company treats the "common workers" at their facilities...LIKE GARBAGE! Maybe those in admin and marketing have an easier time. The person on the work floor has it VERY different!

P.S. I know IT folks at Goodwill are reading these posts...monitoring them. They don't realy care about these types of posts now because they're relitivly small in numbers. BUT, as we grow, they will look for clue to identify people who post and make sure they're not employees. So be very careful about what you say. Don't use co-worker's real names and don't identify particular stores (unless of course you don't work there, then there's nothing Goodwill can do about it)

Though the caution is necessary I can assure you IT people in Greedwill are not the brightest bulbs in the box... incompetent and paranoid mostly like the rest of the upper management team.

And I believe there is other "no life" employees reading here - looking for something, anything in their otherwise meaningless existence. Some of those employees have just Greedwill job as a life substitute - no interests, no hobbies, no aim except for Greedwill serving as their "life".

29 months ago

I'm compiling all of these and I will be making them known to whomever will listen. Funny thing all over the US all the Goodwills have the same type of management and managment skills they are all functioning the same way which of course is a huge pattern. Obviously there are some rules to Goodwill, their policies and they're management teams... let's let them hang themselves while we keep telling our stories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

where we are, you have to get two employees to got to or write a letter to HR in regards to the "higher up" , supposedly they will get repromanded. We need to put an end to these money hungry greedy people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

kate noonan in south portland, Maine said: where we are, you have to get two employees to got to or write a letter to HR in regards to the "higher up" , supposedly they will get repromanded. We need to put an end to these money hungry greedy people.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, we need everyone to know what really happens inside Goodwill. Be sure to join GREEDWILL on Facebook.

29 months ago

Chris - Brampton in Rouge Valley, Ontario said: Though the caution is necessary I can assure you IT people in Greedwill are not the brightest bulbs in the box... incompetent and paranoid mostly like the rest of the upper management team.

And I believe there is other "no life" employees reading here - looking for something, anything in their otherwise meaningless existence. Some of those employees have just Greedwill job as a life substitute - no interests, no hobbies, no aim except for Greedwill serving as their "life".

I understand, and thanks for your comments. In today's ecomony jobs are hard to get. I know there are many poeple who work for GREEDWILL because it's a job and nothing more. If they could find a better place to work, they would. I feel sorry for those folks, I really do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Al Bert 4 in Seattle, Washington said: I understand, and thanks for your comments. In today's ecomony jobs are hard to get. I know there are many poeple who work for GREEDWILL because it's a job and nothing more. If they could find a better place to work, they would. I feel sorry for those folks, I really do.

My comment is not meant as a put down to hard working desperate for employment folks. On the contrary - I am referring to some senior employees I met in Greedwill who create a psycho culture, are vicious gossipers and enjoy others being mistreated . I think it is a sign of a deeply dysfunctional system to allow such people thrive and be basically untouchable. They are often spying on others and have connections to upper management. I have seen what sort of hell these psychopaths make for others.

29 months ago

This sort of thing happens everyday in Orange County Ca.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

S in Seattle, Washington

28 months ago

Hi , I worked at goodwill for about 3 months in production , I just got let go or fired recently for not reaching my daily goals 960 pieces of wares everyday I guess... It's funny because some of the other employee's weren't reaching there's either. That's not fair , and they been working there forever , i've only been there for a couple months and i was just getting the hang of it . Maybe since im young they want to pick on me. Oh and another thing my schedule is so lame . I would have every other day off , which totally messed up my sleep pattern. The manager there always has a straight face , it's scary . This girl that work at my work station was really rude , it was a hot day so I took of my sweater . She walked up to me and asked me something I couldn't understand , then she said it again . " Do you use medicine for that" I said " for what" and she pointed at my arm and poked it . It took me about 5 sec to realize what she was talking about . I have this really red noticeable birth mark on my arm . Right then I felt uncomfortable , I then answered in a attitude way " I don't use anything , that is my birth mark " She walked away . I put my sweater back on , she got the nerves what if I was to ask her why she wears that ugly long skirt to work everyday with a weird idian looking shirt . From that day on I never talked to her again. The thing I hate is that they let me go without giving me a warning so I can have some time to find a new job , like everyone else ,I have bills to pay. Now I'm going to be struggling and stressing out . Just great!!! they don't care about anybody but themselves and goals to be reached . Maybe those people should try pricing 960 items a day , it's hard especially when they didnt trian you all that well . The most I got was 500 -700. I would never shop there either because I tried to buy some candle holder and wine glasses during lunch break once and they told me I couldn't buy it during lunch .They lied! Always will ,hate them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I have a great job with the Portland Maine Goodwill. I actually work in their warehouse division. I think you people need to stop whining and get over it. We're providing you with a paycheck and if you don't like it you can call Susan Smith in HR at in the Portland maine office she too thinks you uneducated people should get over yourselves and work for a living.
We have busted our butts to get where we are and we don't care or worry about you uneducated people. We are there to make money and that's what Goodwill is about. Making money first, not people first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

This is exactly why I will never donate to Goodwill or shop in their stores. You are supposed to be a non-profit company that tries to help people and is supposed to care about people. I understand that all businesses need to make some money. But there is a huge difference between making money and being greedy. Goodwill has only proven that they are extremely greedy.

Johnny Job Seeker in Tucson, Arizona

28 months ago

My Goowill story is eerily similar to everyone else. It immediately began with mismanagement, misadvice, misdirection, all which I eventually was written up for. Not to mention downright lies, skewed truths and no way to defend myself. Eventually it culminated to a insubordination charge. The situation was I was overloaded with work, got snapped at for the lowest priority "task" not getting completed in time, responded with something like "ok, I will try and fit it in if I have time." And BOOM, that quick, insubordination resulting in termination of a university educated father of a 4 month old. The whole time I was busting my hump to finish in time there were 2 higher-ups and 1 other worker sitting behind a desk, laughing chatting and having a good time. They can, do and will put anything under this category to avoid paying unemployment. I never once said NO to anything they asked of me, I put up with lies, bullying and harassing in order to bring home a paycheck to the family and this is what it got me.

They even had the nerve to try and blame me for things that happened while I was out on paternity leave! Then when confronted with the facts that this could not possibly have happened, they still will twist it in any way possible to save themselves and not admit they were wrong.

This is a horrible company to work for and now all i have to show for it is my first "smudge" on my work history and now that I read what everyone else has been through I realize I am not an isolated case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I think you're better off NOT working for Goodwill. They only thing they do is up your quota...without a increase in pay of course. Goodwill is a SAD place. People there generally don't like it and it shows. It show on how they treat each other and the customer. Can anyone tell me when they've met a happy Goodwill worker?

I feel sorry for people who work at Goodwill, it's NOT a good place to be.

Join us on Facebook "Greedwill"

28 months ago

kate noonan in south portland, Maine said: I have a great job with the Portland Maine Goodwill. I actually work in their warehouse division. I think you people need to stop whining and get over it. We're providing you with a paycheck and if you don't like it you can call Susan Smith in HR at in the Portland maine office she too thinks you uneducated people should get over yourselves and work for a living.
We have busted our butts to get where we are and we don't care or worry about you uneducated people. We are there to make money and that's what Goodwill is about. Making money first, not people first.

LOL, thanks for sharing "Kate". Your satire is poignant. This view of Goodwill is exactly why someone on Facebook created a group called "GREEDWILL." You’re welcome to join!

P.S. I know you're using an alias. We can express our grief without posting as if we're an actual managers (even if you think "Kate deserves it"). It might come back and bit you. Still you made your point rather well :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

No alias here, I love my job and I'm not afraid to share my experience here. Someone has to get on this site and speak up for the Good in Goodwill.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

kate noonan in south portland, Maine said: No alias here, I love my job and I'm not afraid to share my experience here. Someone has to get on this site and speak up for the Good in Goodwill.

What good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

kate noonan in south portland, Maine said: No alias here, I love my job and I'm not afraid to share my experience here. Someone has to get on this site and speak up for the Good in Goodwill.

Hum, I still remain skeptical of your real identity. But, I've done my due diligence in asking....so, here it goes...(wait I can't; I feel I have to give you one more chance to state that you're using "Kate Noonan" as an alias. You don't have to tell me your real info, just that you're not in fact the real "Kate Noonan." I really need to clarify this, is very important. Thanks.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Prestene345@aol.com in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

dari in Lambertville, Michigan said: Was employed by Goodwill for 8 months. In our store, was witness to verbal abuse, hostility to co-workers & obvious favoritism. The layabouts who were on cozy terms w/management were always left unscathed. The "special needs" workers were the most beligerent and uncooperative but they were never disciplined. I was unjustly terminated due to "Insuboordination" because I dared question Management about decisions they made. Worst company I EVER worked for. If you kiss ass or you're a community service worker Or "special needs" you can do what you want. Been there, lived that. Personally, I'm filing a lawsuit. Goodwill doesnt care about their employees. Contrary to their mission statement, theyre about the money. From my personal experience, the management just cared about making themselves look good to the higher ups. They dont give a sh*t about those of us who actually did the work. So sad, because I loved working there but the management in the store I worked at were way too self involved, they were about themselves, and the almighty dollar. I had been witness too TOO many incidents of partiality to customers and employees, Back room dealings. For example: An employee was caught red handed stealing and they allowed her to keep her job. I simply asked questions and was fired. TERRIBLE company to work for. Slave like conditions. The location i worked at, they didnt even allow you to sit. That was grounds for firing. NEVER work for the Goodwill. Your hard work goes unappreciated. You can only survive if you kiss up to management.

I worked at goodwill for 4 years and my Nothing had been done when an assistant manager made a sexual comment and my manager never reported it and my district Manager laughed in my face and said she will never get fired. This hurt me and this stemmed when I was a teenager I had got rapped and nothing was done and when this happened at work and again nothing was done, and The store I worked

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prestene345@aol.com in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

dari in Lambertville, Michigan said: I worked AT GOODWILL for 4 years,when an assistant manager made a sexual comment and my manager never reported it and my district Manager laughed in my face and said she will never get fired. This hurt me and this stemmed when I was a teenager I had got rapped and nothing was done and when this happened at work and again nothing was done,I went through protocol anyway I would love to talk to you cause I want to file a Lawsuit against them as well. please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

stacey in Blue Springs, Missouri

27 months ago

srm in Kansas City, Missouri said: There is a reason why you may not find a facebook support group for bady treated Goodwil employees. A few months ago we here in Kansas City were told that we had to sign papers agreeing to not say anything negative on any social webite. Even something as minor as 'I had a bad day at work" is forbidden because your friends or people you are connecting with may know that you work for GW and that small statement puts GW in a bad light and will be grounds for termination if it's discovered. To show you how ridiculous this crazy organization is, we were told that even if someone you have befriended makes a bad comment about GW, you will be responsible. We were advised to not disclose our place of employment on any social website just to be safe..Now tell me thats not a company that is quite aware of there horrible treatment and GREEDY ways..so protecting the image from the general public that still views the Goodwill as the type of company that the name suggest is now a must.

Well this policy is just to protect GW from negative lawsuits or defamation of their name. I tend to view GW like any other employer and I do my best job there and if I am being treated badly by any employer I just stick with the job until I find another job. I'm not sure whether you can blame everyone at every Goodwill it all boils down to just certain individuals in the company. Just because you have a few bad employees or managers doesnt mean that every employee or manager is bad either. There are good employees and good managers at Goodwill too. I'd had jobs I didnt like before either but I know as hard as the job market is these days there are lots of people out there looking who would be glad to have your job. Remember that when one door closes another opens and you can apply that to anything. Since I still work for Goodwill then I realize that there is no such thing as job security no matter what company you work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

stacey in Blue Springs, Missouri said: Well this policy is just to protect GW from negative lawsuits or defamation of their name. I tend to view GW like any other employer and I do my best job there and if I am being treated badly by any employer I just stick with the job until I find another job. I'm not sure whether you can blame everyone at every Goodwill it all boils down to just certain individuals in the company. Just because you have a few bad employees or managers doesnt mean that every employee or manager is bad either. There are good employees and good managers at Goodwill too. I'd had jobs I didnt like before either but I know as hard as the job market is these days there are lots of people out there looking who would be glad to have your job. Remember that when one door closes another opens and you can apply that to anything. Since I still work for Goodwill then I realize that there is no such thing as job security no matter what company you work for.

Thanks Stacey for commenting. You are correct to remind all of us there are good people who work at GW. I still have friends who work there...they are good people. The environment in which they work, however, is not good.

You're right to point out that there are good and bad employer outside of GW. But, here is is the critical thing to remember. If a privet company is habitually known for treating their employees and customers poorly, that company will suffer financially and possibly go out of business, or change its ways. Goodwill makes its money almost exclusively from donations.

In other words, the end user (the customer) isn't their main concern, because they don't have to be. This important difference from a privet company allows GW to focus off of the normal business question of “what can we do to make the customer happy” to “how can we convince people to give to us more.” Appearance because the all consuming goal. And, that is where the greed begins to creeps in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wbpstone in Knoxville, Tennessee

27 months ago

Terry Harris in Joliet, Illinois said: Please note goodwillemployees.org. Call or write.

to big john in knoxville: I was recently terminated from Goodwill. They did not follow company policy regarding termination of an employee. I am filing a grevience with the EEOC in TN. wbstone

zip zipperssopn in Helena, Montana

24 months ago

dari in Lambertville, Michigan said: File for unemployment first off. If they dont like you, they fire you. Its that simple. I guess because theyre a "charitable" organization, they think they can get away with being unfair. I filed for Unemployment benefits, presented my case & was awarded 18 weeks. They saw thru the bullcrap. Four years?! Make some noise. Youre entitled. I'm sorry they screwed you over but you know what? the Lord will take care of you. He moved me to a better place and I'm happy! and I work for a FAIR company! It will happen for you too. It's a shame that you were so unjustly penalized for putting your family first. I know the feeling. Everyone else is about the almightly dollar. I never have been nor will I ever be. Congrats on the newborn and don't worry, better things are yet to come. God bless.

If you let god take of you, you will be the loser!

24 months ago

Al in Puyallup, Washington said: They’re plenty of legitimate examples to point out about the abuse from Goodwill top management without going political. This is not the right forum for that and discredits your augment.

What's an augment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

zip zipperssopn in Helena, Montana said: What's an augment?

"augment" is a very technical legal term ;)

We're still opened for business at Facebook "Greedwill" come join us....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

kate noonan in south portland, Maine said: I work at a Goodwill and being one of the higher ups, we get away with alot, we get away with doing what we want when we want and it's too bad for the people who are uneducated and aren't salaried. Sorry for everyone that has to start out at 8.25 but we don't care, get a college education and perhpas you can have it easy just like us... lol

Typical higher up! What a biotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lele in New Castle, Delaware

22 months ago

kate noonan in south portland, Maine said: I work at a Goodwill and being one of the higher ups, we get away with alot, we get away with doing what we want when we want and it's too bad for the people who are uneducated and aren't salaried. Sorry for everyone that has to start out at 8.25 but we don't care, get a college education and perhpas you can have it easy just like us... lol

I highly doubt that you were or are a "higher up" at any point in this lifetime. What an a-hole you are to assume people are not college educated because we did not kiss the bosses rear end like you did to get the job that you allegedly have lol...Do us a favor and remember to white the brown turd off your nose idiot!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FatPig in Richmond Hill, Ontario

22 months ago

lele in New Castle, Delaware said: I highly doubt that you were or are a "higher up" at any point in this lifetime. What an a-hole you are to assume people are not college educated because we did not kiss the bosses rear end like you did to get the job that you allegedly have lol...Do us a favor and remember to white the brown turd off your nose idiot!!

Actually the poorly educated crudes are favoured for management positions in GW retail - these types have enough psychopathic traits to satisfy paranoid GW operating officers.
Any decent human being will not feel well stealing, lying and cheating his/her colleagues as the unscrupulous top does. So K the turd fits well in that pigsty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

FatPig in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: Actually the poorly educated crudes are favoured for management positions in GW retail - these types have enough psychopathic traits to satisfy paranoid GW operating officers.
Any decent human being will not feel well stealing, lying and cheating his/her colleagues as the unscrupulous top does. So K the turd fits well in that pigsty.

lol too funny :)

Come join us on Facebook "Greedwill"

cathy5555 in Sacramento, California

20 months ago

well, goodwill handed out flyers to all employees stating that we can't say anything bad about them or we could get fired...

20 months ago

cathy5555 in Sacramento, California said: well, goodwill handed out flyers to all employees stating that we can't say anything bad about them or we could get fired...

Wow, very sad when a company has to threaten it's employees not to make negative comments. If they treated employees better, there would be no need to worry about what they say.

It's very sad. Most people don't want to hate their employer. Most people just want to be treated with common courtesy.

Are you on facebook? I found this great page titled "Greedwill" you should join it, and tells others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nathan in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

I worked for Ging goodwill all the above comments are true goodwill=gulag

19 months ago

traviessa in pt, Washington said: Oh yes! I worked there as well! Being called stupid, and big breasted mama on a daily basis. I was told that I would never be a manager until I could learn to be just like my boss! (treat employees like crap)They had a man come in and pose as an investigator ,(he looked about 16 to 18yrs old)First thing he does is hit on several people me included. I told my boss and that's when it all rolled downward. The things he said to us girls he turned around and reported that I said and did these things. Well I ended up having a Heart attack (i'm only 34) and when I came back, I was confronted with this and I even encouraged an investigation. Well I was fired a few days later! Appalled for sure! It's been 6 months now and I still get upset about it. I still have nightmares. I WILL NOT set foot in ANY goodwill because of it. And this is just one incident in particular. Email me and I will be happy to tell you the everything I witnessed and was made to do for this awful company!

All of the goodwills are just like you described. I don't set foot in any of them either or donate to them at all and i highly recommend to everyone to do the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Anonymous in Huntington Beach, California said: All of the goodwills are just like you described. I don't set foot in any of them either or donate to them at all and i highly recommend to everyone to do the same.

I'm so sorry for the problems you had while working at Goodwill. It sounds very typical of stores I've heard and situations I witnessed. Goodwill treats their employees poorly and disciplines those who call them on it.

Please consider joining GREEDWILL on Facebook and sharing your story with others. We need to alert everyone about how Goodwill operates!

19 months ago

Nathan in Atlanta, Georgia said: I worked for Ging goodwill all the above comments are true goodwill=gulag

Yes, Goodwill = gulag! A prison where they subject their employees to the most inhuman treatment! Please join us at GREEDWILL on Facebook and help us spread the word about this ROTTEN company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

BCD Chesterfield Va in Richmond, Virginia

17 months ago

I currently work for Goodwill and this is the worst company I have EVER worked for.Management is JOKE!!! Example - we were told in the meeting that the manager listens to see if we flush the toilet and how long we run the water WHILE we are using the bathroom. We get written up if were late, this woman has come in late numerous times and never is there any thing said to her. They also know they have bed bugs that have been transferred to some of the employees homes and now that they have to pay to clean there homes they are trying to find a way to get rid of these certain employee's. This place is horrible and if you are looking for a job all I can say is please keep looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

TDNativeNYR777@aol.com in Roanoke, Virginia

17 months ago

dari in Lambertville, Michigan said: Was employed by Goodwill for 8 months. In our store, was witness to verbal abuse, hostility to co-workers & obvious favoritism. The layabouts who were on cozy terms w/management were always left unscathed. The "special needs" workers were the most beligerent and uncooperative but they were never disciplined. I was unjustly terminated due to "Insuboordination" because I dared question Management about decisions they made. Worst company I EVER worked for. If you kiss ass or you're a community service worker Or "special needs" you can do what you want. Been there, lived that. Personally, I'm filing a lawsuit. Goodwill doesnt care about their employees. Contrary to their mission statement, theyre about the money. From my personal experience, the management just cared about making themselves look good to the higher ups. They dont give a sh*t about those of us who actually did the work. So sad, because I loved working there but the management in the store I worked at were way too self involved, they were about themselves, and the almighty dollar. I had been witness too TOO many incidents of partiality to customers and employees, Back room dealings. For example: An employee was caught red handed stealing and they allowed her to keep her job. I simply asked questions and was fired. TERRIBLE company to work for. Slave

I work through Goodwill for almost 3 Years. I started at the poff building and it was great. Until i had to leave due to the Poff building being renovated , what a waste of money 51 million, was moved to the common wealth building and had to take a pay cut and lost my vacation and holiday pay. The Managers at the melrose ave place are aweful people, stuck up and rude. And my supervisor was a aweful lady, there was favortism in the work place and after being lead to slaughter to get rudly attacked by my manager and my supervisor ( my supervisor lied to my manager about things i didnt do) humiliated and left

L P Walters in Long Beach, Washington

17 months ago

I think I can contribute a few thoughts that may be helpful here. First I recently resigned from a assistant store manager position with the Goodwill. As you've clearly stated in this forum there are real and very serious issues with many of the managers in these stores. I witnessed first hand so many moral and legal infractions, not to mention breaches in company policy I could go on far longer than anyone would care to read about. Please keep in mind the Goodwill in not a national company but a bunch of local independent business sharing the common name. With this in mind getting to the group that has wronged you personally is much easier than taking on say a Walmart or other national retailer. Here in Washington there are two companies alone. Seattle Goodwill and Tacoma Goodwill not affiliated in any way. At the present I'm working with a variety of outside groups to get "My team" out of there and into better and real jobs that care and provide the training the Goodwill only claims to be providing. Than perhaps I'll pull the curtain asides and let the world see who the wizard really is. It's not the tin man that needs to find a heart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.