Disgrace to the Automotive Repair Industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

L Abe in Denver, Colorado

93 months ago

I salute every Automotive Tech That is being forced out of this industry, Including myself. Companies such as firestone, pepboys, ECT.. are hiring Parts Installers, Driving down wages of Auto techs who have spent years of hard earned dedication to there profession. To be told that there over-experienced and won't be able to earn a decent wage that they rightfully deserve. Thankyou Corporate greed and corruption.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Very old tech in Fallston, Maryland

92 months ago

Welcome to the club. :) What is happening to you is the same that happened to old blacksmiths when the horseless carriage came along. Nobody needed someone who knew all about horses.

Now days, nobody needs someone who is able to diagnose and repair obscure problems on an automobile that has a computer to tell you what component is failing - on a car that is designed to be thrown away rather than spend tons of money on an overhaul.

It's not greed and corruption, it is called progress. The same thing will soon happen to computer programmers when machines are able to construct their own programming.

It doesn't detract from your personal skill, it is a simple case of those skills being in less and less demand.

My advice is to start re-training in some other profession now. The age of the highly skilled auto mechanic is all but gone with the wind.

Or... do an Indeed.com search for "Electromechanical Assembler" - they are dying to hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Plucker in Uniondale, New York

90 months ago

L Abe in Denver, Colorado said: I salute every Automotive Tech That is being forced out of this industry, Including myself. Companies such as firestone, pepboys, ECT.. are hiring Parts Installers, Driving down wages of Auto techs who have spent years of hard earned dedication to there profession. To be told that there over-experienced and won't be able to earn a decent wage that they rightfully deserve. Thankyou Corporate greed and corruption.

Maybe if you learned the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' you would not be complaining up in here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

vmac in Round Rock, Texas

89 months ago

Doug Plucker in Uniondale, New York said: Maybe if you learned the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' you would not be complaining up in here.

which witch is wich?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

an experienced mechanic also in Richmond, Virginia

89 months ago

Doug Plucker in Uniondale, New York said: Maybe if you learned the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' you would not be complaining up in here.

touche'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.