What to expect with phone conversation with the recruiter?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

DeveloperTracy in Washington, District of Columbia

51 months ago

A recruiter contacted me about a position for Java Engineer at Google. He found me from searching online through a job/career site.

I have read a lot about the phone interviews and the in person interviews at Google, but today I have a call with the recruiter. Should I assume it will just be general like my experience, what I want from a career, etc? I have been studying big O, some sorting algorithms, general Java programming questions.

I'm not the type of person to work on side projects. I also had to really review everything like the big O and algorithms because I haven't done in 14 years from undergrad computer science class.

Should I expect technical questions by the recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Barry in Toronto, Ontario

50 months ago

If you are an experienced hire, I don't think so. It is just a few basic questions like your experience, what you are looking for in your next job, your situation in terms of job searching.

BUT, if you are a student, be aware they do ask technical question... I was surprised too.
She gave me a choice among data structure and algorithm, network, hardware (that was for a IT Engineer job).

I went for data structure... She then asked me about quick sort, merge sort...I am not a CS major and didn't even prepare for it... That was embarrassing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.