How to get a job at Google.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do you work at Google? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Wilson

100 months ago

I don't work there (yet), but I did apply for a senior online editor position. Yesterday, my info and the job were pulled and obviously the remaining applicants are
being further screened. Question: In the meantime, I have
updated my resume. How do I get the name of the hiring
manager or other significant employee who will be glad to
receive my updated resume and deal with it appropriate?
Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate any help you can offfer. Nancy, San Francisco Bay Area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

99 months ago

"How do I get the name of the hiring manager or other significant employee who will be glad to receive my updated resume and deal with it appropriate?"

Here is the Contact Us page for Google. You may be able to find something here, or at least call their main office and ask for their help:
www.google.com/intl/en/contact/index.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy

99 months ago

Thank you, Emma. I have tried their contact sites and get virtually nowhere. No pun intended. I will be trying their main number; however,
Google has a thing about privacy, in particular their own. I'm game to try, with my career counselor backing me all the way! It would be a breath of fresh air to speak with a human being in this jobsearch process. Nancy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cheri B in Hayward, California

97 months ago

GOOGLE, just another company that claims to be FOR THE EMPLOYEE but want you to have a BA/BS to be a Sales Associate.
Don't get me wrong, I was the first one to tell everyone I knew about the article in Time Magazine. What a GREAT company to work for!
A person with over 10+ years of Inbound and Outbound sales experience should be able to get a sales job without a degree!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Maureen Mehl in New York, New York

96 months ago

Once again, I can't seem to get the question about which floor the eggs would be thrown out and not break fromthe 100 floor building.

Do you know the answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Ashish in Los Gatos, California

95 months ago

To start wth, Google has a very weird process of interviewing. I have been there for 2 different positions. The first one, I cracked the interview. It went really well, even the interviewers were quite impressed, especially the Project Manager under whom the person would have worked. 2 weeks later, I get a reply, that I wasn't selected by the committee who a) were not present during the interview, b) don't have any idea about your personality, c) just go by the papers. I was then persnally called by the PM about this and she referred me to another position that I later interviewed. I was sent a feedback form and I was very critical about the whole process. But I must say, I like the culture there, being a recent graduate from school. I wish they had a portal where your submittal status was updated, like Bearing Point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Sm in Seattle, Washington

77 months ago

Yes, it can take a very long time to hear back from Google, and it makes me wonder why people get so angry when they should realize just how many applications are received. I can tell you that Google is a great place to work, unlike what some of these folks have claimed (are they upset that they haven't been given a job yet?).

I also recommend the site www.geocities.com/GoogleJobTips for a great report on Google jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.