'Lost in Communication Process"-Please Read and Reply

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Robert in Grimsby, Ontario

86 months ago

I have a question that may seem unique but here it is:

I had applied as an experienced professional for Grant Thornton nearly a month ago and did not hear anything until last week on Friday. The individual had called my house number and left a message for my daughter in regards to my 'resume'. When I had called back later in that day, she was involved in a meeting and informed me that she would call back later the following week (or this week) on Monday. I had given my personal cell # to call upon. She had informed me that she was with Grant Thornton and it was in regards to a position that I had applied for.

However, on Monday, I did not receive a call so I had called and left a message because the telephone rang but only went to the voicemail. The call was on her cell and not a direct Grant Thornton office number.

Later on Wednesday, I had called but her cell phone went into the voice message once again after ringing for a while. I did not leave a message because I did not want to seem 'desperate' and or if I am stalking her.

I am prone to call on Friday and leave a message. My question is, what happened between Friday and Monday for that? I was thinking that she was calling to schedule a possible interview but I am not sure anymore? Is that normal S.O.P. at Grant Thornton to be lost in the process? I had checked my profile on the Grant Thornton web page and saw no assigned activity on the Work Bench tab.

I would appreciate any assistance / input into this matter. I am truly interested in joining Grant Thornton for the potential and because of what the company is.

Thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Catch22 in Lannon, Wisconsin

84 months ago

why don't you call the office and ask for her.(You know her name so the front desk will connect you to her. Just tell the front desk you are getting back to her voicemail. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Huh? in West Columbia, South Carolina

84 months ago

Robert complained that the company gave up on him after one phone call two months ago and now you advise he return the call?

"Hi. This is Robert returning your call. I am so sorry but I have been busy for the last sixty days and have just this one minute to return your call."

Gee I hope the job is still open and waiting for Robert. I hope they don't think him desperate for beating their door down with an annoying phone call every couple months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.