Recruiters

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

rybo in Los Angeles, California

93 months ago

Recruiters only care about gettin the commission. I have never had a oositive experience with one yet. I have had to go down to one of their "interviews" just to find out they dont have any jobs for me. Why could they have not told me that on the phone before I came down! Recruiters should call us only when they have jobs and that is it! and dont be asking for my references if you dont even have a job for me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Glenn in Houston, Texas

92 months ago

Sorry you had a bad experience with a local recruiter.

I am in Dallas, TX and work with a national recruiting firm that specializes in credit and collection placements only - Both corporate and consumer.

We are not all bad, as I retired after 28 years as a Credit Manager to help people change their lives.

Money is great, but when I look at myself in the mirror, I need to know what I did brought value to someone's life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JobSeeker in San Leandro, California

91 months ago

rybo in Los Angeles, California said: Recruiters only care about gettin the commission. I have never had a oositive experience with one yet. I have had to go down to one of their "interviews" just to find out they dont have any jobs for me. Why could they have not told me that on the phone before I came down! Recruiters should call us only when they have jobs and that is it! and dont be asking for my references if you dont even have a job for me!

I just started searching for a new position since my job was IT outsourced to India and I am hearing from other job seekers that they are having your same experience. The jobs are not available or closed. I am avoiding all recruiters!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

91 months ago

JobSeeker in San Leandro, California said: I just started searching for a new position since my job was IT outsourced to India and I am hearing from other job seekers that they are having your same experience. The jobs are not available or closed. I am avoiding all recruiters!!!!

I have been in recruiting for years. I am sorry that you haven't worked with stellar recruiters. I haven't ever once put someone in a job they were not qualified to be in. If I did my company would eventually fire me. I check a candidates references before the jobs are available so that when I hand your resume over to a company that is looking for a person of your caliber they don't have to wait for your references to be documented. I have them on hand and ready to go so that the placement is faster for you and them. In any of the jobs you have had in your past, how good did you look when you boss asked for a document and you were able to hand it over immediately? Would that equate to a raise for you? I hope so. That is what I do in my job. I know what my clients are looking for. I have it readily available before they ask for it. If I don't, I am wasting your time, their time, and my time. I don't know about you but I am not into wasting my time. In the future make sure you are with a recruiter that is looking for positions in your job level. I wouldn't go to a firm that doesn't have years of experience placing people with your background. I wish you the best of luck in your job endeavors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Elk Grove Il in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

90 months ago

Jeff in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I have been in recruiting for years. I am sorry that you haven't worked with stellar recruiters. I haven't ever once put someone in a job they were not qualified to be in. If I did my company would eventually fire me. I check a candidates references before the jobs are available so that when I hand your resume over to a company that is looking for a person of your caliber they don't have to wait for your references to be documented. I have them on hand and ready to go so that the placement is faster for you and them. In any of the jobs you have had in your past, how good did you look when you boss asked for a document and you were able to hand it over immediately? Would that equate to a raise for you? I hope so. That is what I do in my job. I know what my clients are looking for. I have it readily available before they ask for it. If I don't, I am wasting your time, their time, and my time. I don't know about you but I am not into wasting my time. In the future make sure you are with a recruiter that is looking for positions in your job level. I wouldn't go to a firm that doesn't have years of experience placing people with your background. I wish you the best of luck in your job endeavors.

Hi Jeff:
You at least appear to be one of the good recruiters; there are ones less reputable out there.

To Jobseeker and Rybo:
Please realize that this how recruiters get paid. We all work for $$. TO say you will not work with a recruiting firm is just silly as many of the smaller business cannot do the search that the recruiting firms in which these specialize. Do not cut off your nose to spite you face! Remember you are the one looking for a job. Just go into it with your eyes open.
Sincerely,
Andrew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nug in Los Alamitos, California

90 months ago

Recruiters. they are idiots!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in DFW in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

I completely understand where you are all coming from. I hate most recruiters, but I'm a recruiter! I do not waste people's valuable time. If I can help someone I will. If not I will always refer them to someone who can. I love recruiting...meeting people and helping them find the perfect fit! I'm not in it for the money. I just left a job making a ton to do this instead. If you have audit or tax experience, a solid work history (most people don't) then shoot me an email. Please don't think we are all bad! :) hrc@dmpeoplesolutions.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.