How to get a job at Grant Thornton.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Grant Thornton? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Cunningham in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I would really like to know how most people received the first interview. I have yet to hear back and I have met the recruiters at the woman for hire job fair!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynette in Arizona in Chandler, Arizona

88 months ago

I had two phone interviews and then that was it. It was very disappointing because I had all the skills they were looking for and they stated as much, but then nothing. It is a very gruelling process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark - Chicago, IL

88 months ago

Jennifer Cunningham in Dallas, Texas said: I would really like to know how most people received the first interview. I have yet to hear back and I have met the recruiters at the woman for hire job fair!:)

The job search is a numbers game. Meaning: One has to make many contacts before getting an interview. True, there are the outfits that'll leave you twisting in the wind. Don't dwell on those guys. Instead, grind-out a resume or think about other opportunities. They aren't the only pig in the poke! Hang-in there............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Louisville, Colorado

87 months ago

Mark's right- you really need to pound the pavement and network your fanny off. Think about positioning yourself in more ways than one. I have 3 different resumes, one for IT Audit, one for Process Improvement and one for ITIL Training and Implementation. Apply for x number of jobs a day at a minimum. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Elk Grove Il in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

85 months ago

Kay in Louisville, Colorado said: Mark's right- you really need to pound the pavement and network your fanny off. Think about positioning yourself in more ways than one. I have 3 different resumes, one for IT Audit, one for Process Improvement and one for ITIL Training and Implementation. Apply for x number of jobs a day at a minimum. Good luck!

Greetings Kay:
With your multiple resumes are you being less than truthfull?
I too have multiple positions which I desire and have a proven track record; BA, QAA, and PM.
I look forward to your response.
Sincerely,
Andrew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

Jennifer Cunningham in Dallas, Texas said: I would really like to know how most people received the first interview. I have yet to hear back and I have met the recruiters at the woman for hire job fair!:)

Jennifer if you have experience, send me your resume. I can see if you're a fit for some other Audit and Tax positions I'm recruiting for with Fortune 500 companies.
hrc@dmpeoplesolutions.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.