HCA - Very unprofessional

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Still Waiting in Palm Harbor, Florida

99 months ago

Recently went through a drawn out interview process for a VP of Sales position over several weeks. Phone interview with corporate recruiter; phone interview with 3 VP's (two local, one corporate); Two separate Gallop personality tests lasting over 3 hours; made it as a final candidate. Flew in for final interview with 9 hosptial CEO's and 2 more business unit VP's; interview with the Division President and the VP of HR; lunch with one of the physician liaisons.

I was told that I was one of two final candidates and that they'd let me know what happened within two to three weeks. I submitted my expenses and had to write them 3 times to get reimbursed...took over a month!

End result...despite several phone calls and emails, they cut off all communication and refused to let me know what happened. I assume the other candidate didn't get the job since it's still posted on their web site.

Please don't confuse HCA with other professional healthcare organizations, because their out there. As a manager, I would never put a high level candidate through such a drawn-out process as this without a courtesy debriefing or letter. Of course, I'm a professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Lee65 in Florida

93 months ago

Still Waiting in Palm Harbor, Florida said: Recently went through a drawn out interview process for a VP of Sales position over several weeks. Phone interview with corporate recruiter; phone interview with 3 VP's (two local, one corporate); Two separate Gallop personality tests lasting over 3 hours; made it as a final candidate. Flew in for final interview with 9 hosptial CEO's and 2 more business unit VP's; interview with the Division President and the VP of HR; lunch with one of the physician liaisons.

I was told that I was one of two final candidates and that they'd let me know what happened within two to three weeks. I submitted my expenses and had to write them 3 times to get reimbursed...took over a month!

End result...despite several phone calls and emails, they cut off all communication and refused to let me know what happened. I assume the other candidate didn't get the job since it's still posted on their web site.

Please don't confuse HCA with other professional healthcare organizations, because their out there. As a manager, I would never put a high level candidate through such a drawn-out process as this without a courtesy debriefing or letter. Of course, I'm a professional.

Trust me it is a blessing you did not get the job. Someone was looking out for your best interest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.