Administrator in Training positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 135)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

melissamsmith in Louisa, Virginia

65 months ago

Susan Davey in San Marcos, Texas said: I found my AIT position by first visiting various nursing homes in my area just to assess the climate. I did not tell anyone that I was seeking an AIT position, unless I happened to run across the Administrator (which was very rare) then I would candidly discuss that I was looking for an opportunity and ask if they knew of any open positions in their company. I walked through many facilities and would visit very shortly with the residents and the nursing staff to see if I liked what I saw; if not, I marked them off of my list, after all, I wanted to learn good practices. When I found a facilaity that I liked, I wrote a nice letter, attached it to my resume and telephoned for an appointment to visit with the Administrator, interviewed (dress-business casual) and was given a position. The pay is not great, but the work is very fulfilling.

Hello, Ms. Davey! I am trying to type up a letter to attach with my resume for an ALF-AIT position. Do you have any good suggestions? - Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Nortney in Cookeville, Tennessee

65 months ago

I am an LPN with a BS in Business and a JD. I'm looking for an AIT program (preferably in Tennessee) but am willing to relocate to any state after I'm licensed. I have 20 years experience in long-term health care. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or know of any programs?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jamillah Arterbury in Petersburg, Virginia

65 months ago

Hello,

Does anyone have any information they can share about AIT programs in VA? perferably the Richmond VA area? I have recently completed my BSHA, have an diverse accounting background and am currently working in a long term care facility for the past year. I have not received any responses from the applications I have submitted and I would love to get my career started.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tameshia in Nottingham, Maryland

64 months ago

I have a question on obtaining to an internship for administrator in training. Who do I need to speak with to ask the administrator assistant or director of the nursing on shadowing them. Everytime I call the front desk they turn me down immediately. pls email with any suggestions.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Jamillah Arterbury in Petersburg, Virginia said: Hello,

Does anyone have any information they can share about AIT programs in VA? perferably the Richmond VA area? I have recently completed my BSHA, have an diverse accounting background and am currently working in a long term care facility for the past year. I have not received any responses from the applications I have submitted and I would love to get my career started.

I am from PA, but maybe I could offer you some valuable information. I recently just got a AIT program. The way I went about doing it was calling each nursing home in my area and asked to speak to the Administrator. Once I got in touch with the Administrator I asked him/her if they would be willing to take me on as a AIT. The second nursing home I called the NHA asked if I could meet with her. I had a interview with the NHA, DON, and ADON. After two interviews they called me and let me know that they would love to take me on. I hope this helps!

Reply - Report abuse

Debra Thomasson in Tyler, Texas

62 months ago

I am looking for a corporation that offers employment while working with the administrator as a preceptor for the AIT program. I have been working in nursing homes since the late 90's and decided to advance from CNA to LVN and instead of DON, decided to go right to the top:Administrator. I now have my bachelor's and stuck in a position within my current corporation that does not allow me to persue my AIT.I would like to work with a corporation due to the fact that it is almost impossible to find employment as a newly licensed administrator.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cindy Haviland in Rutland, Vermont

61 months ago

I graduated with a MBA in Healthcare Administration and am looking for an AIT program where I can sit and get my licensure. I am open to moving down to Florida. Can anyone give me any company names to inquire at either here in Vermont or Florida?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Peter Ajala in Fords New Jersey in Iselin, New Jersey

60 months ago

Many thanks for the previous comments on this topic. I am also seeking a position as an Administrator in Training in New jersey. I attended the 100hr course organized by HCANJ in 2009. Since then I have been trying to secure a place for my AIT. I have a BA and an MBA as other academic qualifications. Any positive suggestion will be most welcome.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

celia92 in Dayton, Ohio

57 months ago

I am a graduate with my BSHA, looking to find a facility that offers paid AIT training in the dayton oh area; I will travel if I have to. If anyone have any idea where to start looking I would greatly appreciate it. I have been in the health field since 06'. email me at cacelia92@gmail.com with information. Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

John in Fredericksburg, Virginia

57 months ago

Hi,

I am middle-aged working on a second career. I lost my job as a career construction project manager a couple of years ago,and decided it was a great time to do something in an industry where I could give something back.My wife is a physical therapy assistant,and has worked in nursing homes in the past, and I have always admired her for the respect and care that she has given to the elderly,(and wished that I could do it!) I have 20+ years of management and budgeting experience along with a brand new BS Business Admin. degree. I am looking for an AIT position in the D.C. Metro or Richmond,VA region, I live in between both areas. Any info anyone could pass along would be greatly appreciated!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

John in Fredericksburg, Virginia

57 months ago

P.S. please e-mail any info to: johnladouceur1@comcast.net...thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

villwall in Indianapolis, Indiana

55 months ago

Greetings....
I along with others on this site who are hoping to secure a paid (if possible position) as a AIT, in any warm climate of the country, including Indiana.
I am ready to relocate (if necessary).
I possess a BSM and a MSM/HR, and I am currently working on a 2nd grad degree (online) in healthcare admin. I have over 22 years of management skills in the construction, medical, property management, and hospitality fields.In addition to those skills I have worked in most accounting positions in each field over the same period of time.
My hope is that a recruiter with one of the large corporations will allow me to come in and work in any open capacity needed while fulfilling my AIT that will enable me to sit for state exams.
Other than to offer my contact information I am not sure what may be needed from me.

I am unemployed and ready to go!
Viv
villwall@aol.com or villwall@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Juan Crespin in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

Rob Breedlove in Spanish Fork, Utah said: Hi babiloniap@bellsouth.net,

6-7 weeks ago I attended a session at BYU in Provo, UT with a company by the name of North American Health Care Inc. and they are looking for candidates for their AIT program. It would be in CA, but it is paid at $55-$65k until pass the exam and then you get $120k or greater I believe I could be wrong though.

Good luck, they were very impressive.

Hello,

I have a Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration with a emphasis in gerontology and I can not find someone that is willing to train me. I already have licenses in both Nevada and California in Assisted living. Does anyone know of any places willing to train someone with little to none expierence working as a administrator, I have other medical background but none working as a adminsitrator, I just can not believe that I have the licenses for both states and can not find someone willing to bring me on into their company. Please email me at jcrespin24@yahoo.com or contact me if anyone knows of any contacts i would appreciate it very much. I can also be reached on linkedin as well.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Juan Crespin in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

Hello,

I have a Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration with a emphasis in gerontology and I can not find someone that is willing to train me. I already have licenses in both Nevada and California in Assisted living. Does anyone know of any places willing to train someone with little to none expierence working as a administrator, I have other medical background but none working as a adminsitrator, I just can not believe that I have the licenses for both states and can not find someone willing to bring me on into their company. Please email me at jcrespin24@yahoo.com or contact me if anyone knows of any contacts i would appreciate it very much. I can also be reached on linkedin as well.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

sha_cutiepie18@*****.*** in Spartanburg, South Carolina

52 months ago

i graduate june 2012 with a b.s in health care administration and i would like information about a paid AIT program. I also have aas degree in health science with a concentration in medical administration. Please e-mail me about AIT progams and how to study for the NAB test. Thank You.
sha_cutiepie18@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Marie

52 months ago

LZuck in Toledo, Ohio said: I am the corporate recruiter for the AIT program with HCR Manor Care. Please forward a copy of your resume to me at lzuck@hcr-manorcare.com. Thank you!

Hi, I am in NJ. I am looking for an administrator in training progra
In NJ. I am an RN . Can you help me please!

Reply - Report abuse

Annette Foght in New York, New York

52 months ago

Marie said: Hi, I am in NJ. I am looking for an administrator in training progra
In NJ. I am an RN . Can you help me please!

Kelly Miller is the recruiter that handles HCR ManorCare's NHA, ANHA, and AIT positions. Feel free to contact her directly at kemiller@hcr-manorcare.com.

Thanks for your interest!

Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Goodwin in South Bend, Indiana

50 months ago

Recent graduate with a Bachelors in Health Care Administration with specializations in; Long-Term Care Management, Human Resources, and Information Systems. I am currently pursuing my MHA as well. I have over 12 years experience in healthcare. Have spent the last 5 years as the office manager in an anti-coagulation clinic in a major hospital setting; serving a volume of over 1400 patients, 75% of that population base focuses on geriatric patients. Currently looking to further my love for geriatrics with an AIT position. I am willing to go wherever a position is available. I would appreciate any feedback or leads anyone can provide.

Thank You For You Time.

wnglrgrl241@yahoo.com. or
Jgoodwin2@lutheran-hosp.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Annette Foght in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

Jennifer Goodwin in South Bend, Indiana said: Recent graduate with a Bachelors in Health Care Administration with specializations in; Long-Term Care Management, Human Resources, and Information Systems. I am currently pursuing my MHA as well. I have over 12 years experience in healthcare. Have spent the last 5 years as the office manager in an anti-coagulation clinic in a major hospital setting; serving a volume of over 1400 patients, 75% of that population base focuses on geriatric patients. Currently looking to further my love for geriatrics with an AIT position. I am willing to go wherever a position is available. I would appreciate any feedback or leads anyone can provide.

Thank You For You Time.

wnglrgrl241@yahoo.com. or
Jgoodwin2@lutheran-hosp.com

Due to reductions in reimbursement, we have had less AIT positions available this year. Currently we don't have any AIT positions available. We are definitely hoping to increase the number of AITs in 2013 as these are critical positions to developing leaders within our organization. I encourage you to visit our website and sign up for email alerts so you will be notified as soon as we post an AIT position.

Thanks for your interest!

Reply - Report abuse

Candice in Toledo, Ohio

50 months ago

I am also looking for an AIT program in Ohio. I have called so many different corporations with no luck. Does anyone know of any companies looking in Ohio? I'll move anywhere! I have my Bachelors in Health Care Administration! Thank you!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

david 2120

50 months ago

Hello,
I have more than 12 years of experience in the health care industry,with the most current,as a Medicaid Administrator for a large organization. I have 10 years experience as a social worker and have two years experience working in a large nursing home facility. I have a great deal of experience in health care finance and information technology. I am scheduled to complete a Masters of Health Administration Degree, with a minor in informatics this coming March. I currently reside in El Paso, Texas though I am willing to relocate anywhere. Any help anyone could offer in finding an AIT program would be great. Thank you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Annette Foght in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

david 2120 said: Hello,
I have more than 12 years of experience in the health care industry,with the most current,as a Medicaid Administrator for a large organization. I have 10 years experience as a social worker and have two years experience working in a large nursing home facility. I have a great deal of experience in health care finance and information technology. I am scheduled to complete a Masters of Health Administration Degree, with a minor in informatics this coming March. I currently reside in El Paso, Texas though I am willing to relocate anywhere. Any help anyone could offer in finding an AIT program would be great. Thank you.

HCR ManorCare does not currently have an AIT open but feel free to send me your resume at afoght@hcr-manorcare.com and I can keep you in mind for future openings.

Thanks!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

JB in Carterville, Illinois

50 months ago

Administrator
Capital Health Services - Bowerston, OH
View or apply to job »
in Training

Long term care organization seeks qualified candidate for training to be a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator at Sunnyslope Nursing Home, Bowerston, OH. Must pass State & Federal license exam after training. No criminal background; drug free. Mature and stable work background; work well under stress; able to work long hours when necessary. This is an opportunity for a long term career with job security and excellent pay/benefits. Must have a 4-year degree. Experience preferred but not required. Send resume to: Kevin Case, 351 Lahm Drive, Hopedale, OH 43976 or email: kevin.case@capitalhs.com

provided by The Steubenville Herald-Star

Reply - Report abuse

Kort in Lima, Ohio

50 months ago

Does anyone know of any AIT paid internships for Ohio...Columbus or Dayton area? I am planning to start the next internship program in April 2013. My application must be submitted no later than January. I have a resume' and would love to forward it to someone willing to help. And even if you do not have any openings at your facility, I am looking for a mentor in the field. If you all know of someone or place please reply to this post and I will get an e-mail. Thank you!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

seecindyinvermont@*****.*** in Wells, Vermont

50 months ago

Hello:

I graduated with an MBA in Healthcare Administration a short time ago (3.58). I also have a BS in Communications with a Minor in Health (PEH), and certificates in Medical Terminology, Medical Coding & Billing (ICD 9 and CPT). I have had courses in Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology and Nursing 101. However, I can not get my foot in the door. Many employers want "experience." Even though I have worked in other fields (secretary, clerical, sales and office manager), I can't get my foot in the door. I would love to get my foot in the door where I can show companies how to cut costs while increasing quality and access. My strategies would include systems analysis and continuous quality improve. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Shenika Davis in Palmetto, Florida

48 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I am a recent graduate of the B.A.S in Healthcare Administration. I am currently looking to complete my 1000 hr requirement for AIT program. I am having a hard time locating a preceptor or facility in which can currently offer me the opportunity to excel in their enviroment. Looking to began my career soon as possible. I am currently a Registered Nurse with many years in the Healthcare field. Willing to relocate in the Florida region if needed. Would like a paidpreceptorship, however as of now I am not being difficult. Please feel free to contact me with any insight or comments on begining my journey. I would like to that you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Shenika Davis in Palmetto, Florida

48 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I am a recent graduate of the B.A.S in Healthcare Administration. I am currently looking to complete my 1000 hr requirement for AIT program. I am having a hard time locating a preceptor or facility in which can currently offer me the opportunity to excel in their enviroment. Looking to began my career soon as possible. I am currently a Registered Nurse with many years in the Healthcare field. Willing to relocate in the Florida region if needed. Would like a paid preceptorship, however as of now I am not being difficult. Please feel free to contact me with any insight or comments on begining my journey. I would like to that you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

amanda in Thornville, Ohio

47 months ago

I am looking for a board approved and certified preceptor in the state of Ohio for assistance in an AIT program near Central Ohio. I currently work for a nursing home but they have decided not to take on any more AITs for 2013. I have a B.S. in Finance with a specialization in personal finance and financial management and a B.S. in Human Resources as well.
Any information would be greatly appreciated- I have called around and emailed with no results yet.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

seecindyinvermont@*****.*** in West Pawlet, Vermont

47 months ago

Good luck with that! I have an MBA in Healthcare Administration (3.58) which graduated from 3 years ago! I also have a BS in Communications (Mass Media) and a Minor in Health (PEH). I have yet to get one offer!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

healthforu in Clarksville, Tennessee

47 months ago

I. S. in Rutland, Vermont said: I am seeking an AIT position. Have you completed an AIT program? Do you have any suggestions for other applicants interested in an AIT position? What courses would you recommend completing to better prepare an applicant for this position? What is the starting salary? What was your major in college ? How has this prepared you for working as an AIT? I've submitted several application and have not received any feedback. Thanks! I.S.

I have completed a successful AIT. Although it has been over 9 years ago now, the skills that employers are looking for run much deeper than having many college degrees. The reality is that employers want experience. You say, well how does one gain experience without getting your foot in the door of a nursing home or a skilled nursing home.

Depending where you are now and your financial situation I would suggest you try to get into a nursing/ltc facility as a department head first. The reason I state this is because with the way the healthcare system is today, which is much different than it was ten or even five years ago, and employers are no longer hiring paid AIT's without some sort of assistant administrator or business office manager position held. You have to learn the basics of running a long term care facilty and you do not get that by having two or three degrees with high GPA's. While I applaud everyone who has posted on here for having an excellent education background, the reality is having only the education background in today's long term care world is not enough.

Depending on where you live or where you want to live, you might have to make the sacrifice to move to an area where there is a shortage of administrators. You might have to apply for that department head position within a healthcare company. You might have to do an unpaid AIT or act as a department head in one facilty and complete your AIT in the evenings or weekends at that facility.

Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

My degree was in public relations when I applied for an AIT, but I also had 15 years of work experience at the time I applied. While I did receive a paid AIT, the majority of the class of 2005 in OH did not.

Also, you have to know the rules and regulations from each state board in order to apply for an AIT and who are authorized Preceptors. Every state has their own rules on this. Florida is a great place to start. They are hiring assistant administrators all the time due to the amount of aging adults in FL. I would also suggest you join Linkedin to get your name and resume out there online. This is an excellent resource. Starting salaries can range from 60-75 depending on where you are and you can expect to make six figures within a three to five years, but you have to be great a what you do. Most administrators are having a difficult time of handling the pressure of running a nursing home due to all of the federal and state cuts. Anyone on here looking for an AIT, I can help you, send me your resume and I will get it into the hands of the right person. I have been a preceptor and I have landed many people looking for jobs in the healthcare field a position. dawnlewiscenter@aol.com

Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Nortney in Cookeville, Tennessee said: I am an LPN with a BS in Business and a JD. I'm looking for an AIT program (preferably in Tennessee) but am willing to relocate to any state after I'm licensed. I have 20 years experience in long-term health care . Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or know of any programs?

Check out Grace Healthcare if you have not been able to land a AIT position. Also contact THCA in Nashville to find out who in on the required preceptor list of approved AITs.

Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

david 2120 said: Hello,
I have more than 12 years of experience in the health care industry,with the most current,as a Medicaid Administrator for a large organization. I have 10 years experience as a social worker and have two years experience working in a large nursing home facility. I have a great deal of experience in health care finance and information technology . I am scheduled to complete a Masters of Health Administration Degree, with a minor in informatics this coming March. I currently reside in El Paso, Texas though I am willing to relocate anywhere. Any help anyone could offer in finding an AIT program would be great. Thank you.

Contact Grace Healthcare out of Chatanooga, TN and ask for Tracy Surdyk's email. Be sure to include Mike Roberts on the cc. You sound like you have the kind of experience our company is looking for. Also, join Linkedin and get your info out to everyone.

Reply - Report abuse

seecindyinvermont@*****.*** in West Pawlet, Vermont

47 months ago

The problem I am seeing is that the jobs in my area who want Assistant Administrators, only pay $13.00 per hour. I need more money than that in order to pay everyday livng expenses and my student loans which alone are $600.00 per month! Any AIT programs I see, are being filled by people with just a 4 year degree. I was told in my MBA program that it used to be healthcare Boards had people who volunteered. Naturally, they had no idea how to run, or the appropriate education, to cut costs while increasing quality and access! However, they are now realizing they need people who are educated in the area and to also pay people with the appropriate education to help them strategize and get this done!

I have worked in sales, as a supervisor, secretary and receptionist and I STILL can't find a job. The one job I did find wanted to pay me less than an LNA!!! I would not recommend anyone to get their MBA in Healthcare Administration! When people pay for an education, they expect a "return" on their investment and I'm not seeing it!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Missy65 in New Castle, Delaware

45 months ago

Kort in Lima, Ohio said: Does anyone know of any AIT paid internships for Ohio...Columbus or Dayton area? I am planning to start the next internship program in April 2013. My application must be submitted no later than January. I have a resume' and would love to forward it to someone willing to help. And even if you do not have any openings at your facility, I am looking for a mentor in the field. If you all know of someone or place please reply to this post and I will get an e-mail. Thank you!

Did you find anything in your area I was told to call all the nursing home in your area and speak with the administrator to see if they will take you on as an AIT. I will be graduating 2014 with a BS in healthcare admin this is hard to find someone to take you on.
Good luck

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Kortney in Lima, Ohio

45 months ago

Yes, I did find a place. I contacted EVERY nursing home in the area.I lucked up and found someone to take me on as an AIT. I start April 1st. Do not expect a paid one because those are basically obsolete.
I suggest that you do this internship as soon as you can, if you can.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Sorry to say....there are no jobs in this field. Its all hype! All the positions want 5 years experience. For entry level, your pay will start at $13.00 per hour which is the same as a Licensed Nursing Assistant!

Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

It is unfortunate that it is now an ideal time for employer's; meaning there are more people than jobs which explains why there are no more paid AIT positions. In order to get an AIT position, employers want 5 years experience. For entry level, they pay $13.00 per hour; the same as a Licensed Nursing Assistant! I don't see how it is cost effective to spend all that time and money only to graduate and get the same pay as a nursing assistant!

Its all hype. There are no jobs in this field!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Kortney in Lima, Ohio

45 months ago

It is important to be realistic when coming into this field. I have an awesome mentor and she has been very blunt about what to expect. She has explained not to expect to come out the gate landing this position. She has sat down with me to discuss my career plan and what positions will help me land an administrator position.
A LNHA is very demanding. I am still fairly young and starting my family. With that said, by the time I make my way into this position I will not have any toddlers. We are talking years but this works for me.

Reply - Report abuse

annettefoght in Toledo, Ohio

45 months ago

Kortney- Sounds like you have a great preceptor and you are approaching your Administrator career with thuoghtfulness. You are correct, the Administrator role is a lot of responsibility and should not be taken on lightly. There is a lot to learn to be an effective Administrator. But it is one of the most rewarding careers. Sounds like you are on the right path. Please let me know if I can help in anyway.

Reply - Report abuse

Kortney in Lima, Ohio

45 months ago

Annette,
thank you. Simply getting an internship has been a journey and this year will probably be the hardest year of my life.
Such a kind gesture, especially after everything I have been through and is going through getting prepared for April 1st.
If I can help anyone or lend any advice please feel free to e-mail me.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kellyann1274@*****.*** in Palmyra, Virginia

45 months ago

I am currently looking for an AIT or preceptor in Tennessee ( around Nashville) or in Virginia (around Charlottesville). If anyone has any information that would be beneficial please feel free to email me!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

T Jefferson in Chester, Virginia

45 months ago

I am looking for an AIT preceptor in or near Petersburg/Richmond, Virginia area. If anyone has information, please contact me via email. I would like to be paid but it isn't absolutely necessary. I am more interested in the quality of my training than in the pay. I can begin June 3, 2013. Thanks in advance.

Reply - Report abuse

T Jefferson in Chester, Virginia

45 months ago

T Jefferson in Chester, Virginia said: I am looking for an AIT preceptor in or near Petersburg/Richmond, Virginia area. If anyone has information, please contact me via email. I would like to be paid but it isn't absolutely necessary. I am more interested in the quality of my training than in the pay. I can begin June 3, 2013. Thanks in advance.

My email address is traycern82@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sbssis1 in Baltimore, Maryland

44 months ago

Hello, I am seeking a AIT preceptor in Maryland. I have several years of experience in LTC as well as my MBA with a focus in Health Care Administration. I am also seeking information about any current opportunities in my state. If anyone can provide me information on available programs or who to contact I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Sarah
sbssis1@live.com

Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Morgantown, West Virginia

44 months ago

Hello all,

My name is Amanda and I am interested in becoming a Nursing Home Administrator and/or Assisted Living Coordinator. I am about to graduate with my Masters of Public Administration with an emphasis in Healthcare Administration and have experience and background in skilled nursing facilities. I would really like to get into an AIT program or within a position that will be used as a stepping stone to lead me increased experience and towards my ultimate goal of becoming a NHA or ALC. I am willing to relocate anywhere in the U.S. in order to do so. If anyone could forward me any information that would be splendid! Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Morgantown, West Virginia

44 months ago

Also my email address is mandy.demcsak@gmail.com!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

nicole4ceo@*****.*** in Hampton, Virginia

42 months ago

I have been searching for an AIT position since October 2012. It has been extremely difficult and frustrated. I have a Master Degree in Health Services Administration and an MBA with a concentration in Healthcare Management.

I have called and visited several facilities. The responses I usually receive is "I'm not offering an AIT position at this time"; or "I just don't have the time". Since I reside in the Hampton Roads area I have been calling to facilities in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Williamsburg, & Newport News. The State Board of Health Professionals for Long Term Care offer a listing on their website and can you believe everyone that I reached out to is not offering an AIT Position!

I'm not going to give up being that I only have to complete 320 hours (2 months) of training. My dream is to become an Administrator and one day be able to open my own. Through this experience I know one thing "I will always hire an AIT".

If anyone know of any facilities in the Hampton Roads area that might be able to assist me please contact me at nicole4ceo@yahoo.com. I will appreciate it tremendously. We must assist each other.

Reply - Report abuse

annettefoght in Toledo, Ohio

42 months ago

Nicole- I am so sorry that you are having a challenging time finding an AIT position. Unfortunately due to reimbursement cuts we have a limited number of AITs available.

Reply - Report abuse

nicole4ceo@*****.*** in Hampton, Virginia

42 months ago

Thank you for your reply. I would continue to press on.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.