HCR Manor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Susie Q in Toledo, Ohio

80 months ago

I wonder about a lot of these places online that advertise for help. HCR Manor is one that has listed jobs that interest me and when I apply online, I wait and wait and never hear from them. At the end of the application process, it says that your ap is being processed. Processed for where? the garbage can? I have yet to hear whether they even get my application or not. I have applied to their company for 3 or 4 different positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

divya in West Bloomfield, Michigan

80 months ago

hi,
cant help u here but wanted to ask if u got the job now or not?
usually i ve heard hcr is the biggest SNFs n the stablest jobs...is it true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susie Q in Toledo, Ohio

80 months ago

No, I did not. I actually emailed someone at the company recently and asked them why I have never heard from them. I asked them why they have ads for help if they don't respond. She said they did receive the applications. Oh! Ok, so tell me you received it and are not interested or that I don't fill the bill. Duh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

nakeisha anderson in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

i apply for hcr manorcare like 3 times . and they say there reviewing my application. i need to know what is really going on with my application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

linda in Naperville, Illinois

80 months ago

Susie Q in Toledo, Ohio said: No, I did not. I actually emailed someone at the company recently and asked them why I have never heard from them. I asked them why they have ads for help if they don't respond. She said they did receive the applications. Oh! Ok, so tell me you received it and are not interested or that I don't fill the bill. Duh.

It is for the best "they" are not what they claim to be for the employee--trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanna in Spring City, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Susie Q in Toledo, Ohio said: I wonder about a lot of these places online that advertise for help. HCR Manor is one that has listed jobs that interest me and when I apply online, I wait and wait and never hear from them. At the end of the application process, it says that your ap is being processed. Processed for where? the garbage can? I have yet to hear whether they even get my application or not. I have applied to their company for 3 or 4 different positions.

Same thing happens to me yet they keep on advertising. I think they are missing their mark trying to hire this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Greentown, Ohio

80 months ago

Joanna in Spring City, Pennsylvania said: Same thing happens to me yet they keep on advertising. I think they are missing their mark trying to hire this way.

They Keep on advertising because they don't have anyone intelligent enough to take their ad off the various job search engines. It's probably the same person who interviews & tells you that your application is being reviewed. They have no idea who you are because they are unable to find your application. Having worked there, it's anything but professional. They give management job titles to nurses barely out of school with minimal experience. They are also very good at lying to your face & twisting the truth around to make them look good. Having been a nurse a very long time with extensive long-term care experience, do yourself a favor & save yourself alot of hassle by applying to a facility that not only cares about their residents but is appreciative to their own personnel. These facilities have nurses & staff that have worked for them a long time. You don't see their ad posted everyday, because there is very little turn over in personnel. Employees look forward to going to work because they feel "valued & respected". When a site has 139 comments on the work environment & what it's like to work there, a big red flag should go up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susie Q in Toledo, Ohio

80 months ago

You're right! They are advertising for help all the time. I had talked to someone in my town that works for HCR and asked what it takes to get a job with them and they said that it's hard to get in. Ha! Maybe hard to get in but obviously not hard to get out since people quit right and left. You're are so correct when you say that employees like going to work when they feel valued and respected. I believe that as soon as a nurse starts feeling that she is being treated like crap, it's time to go elsewhere. If you don't enjoy your job, it shows not only to the other staff members, but to the patient's and resident's. If HCR treats their staff like they answer their applications, that IS a big red flag. Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beverly in Englewood, Colorado

80 months ago

Susie Q in Toledo, Ohio said: I wonder about a lot of these places online that advertise for help. HCR Manor is one that has listed jobs that interest me and when I apply online, I wait and wait and never hear from them. At the end of the application process, it says that your ap is being processed. Processed for where? the garbage can? I have yet to hear whether they even get my application or not. I have applied to their company for 3 or 4 different positions.

Susie Q: This is what happens when I apply and I have worked Manor Care in a different state (with good reference). Good luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vljp07 in Mount Morris, Michigan

80 months ago

yes Kim you are right most of these places have soooooo much turnover if a compnay is always running ads for employment something is definitely up..Good luck to all looking for work....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hoosierbj

68 months ago

I have applied for several posted positions within the HCR system, both at the coorporate level, and at individual places of need. I also have never heard back from HCR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.