This company is strange

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Stephanie in Fort Myers, Florida

97 months ago

I worked for them for about a year, nothing get resolve, if you want something done, you have to the charge person who never there. The pay is not all that but good benefits, the interviews are ridicule, four interviews with 4 different persons, they give you a fitness test. waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

342 in Eudora, Kansas

97 months ago

A friend in Dayton, Ohio said: Maybe you couldn't get anything done because you cannot spell. Maybe you need to go back to school and then maybe you will get a better job. Right now, you sound stupid.

Well, the thought and concept of the company is there. Maybe this person in Florida is bilingual and is spelling the English the best that they can do. I took the above comment as a stroke of concept rather than looking at the direct spelling of the language. If you judge only on looks and don't consider the thought, I wouldn't want to work with you or for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Ogden, Utah

96 months ago

A friend in Dayton, Ohio said: Maybe you couldn't get anything done because you cannot spell. Maybe you need to go back to school and then maybe you will get a better job. Right now, you sound stupid.

I agree with your comment on the above persons comments!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Ogden, Utah

96 months ago

Bilingual or not, it is no excuse for poor grammer. One would expect that a person with an education would have the ability to write more profeciently than that. Communication is crucial. This is not an attack on that individual, merely an observation and opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Indy in New Albany, Ohio

96 months ago

WOW...I can tell you people worked for Manorcare and fit right in, CLUELESS!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Cleveland, Ohio

96 months ago

Well i can tell you true facts about hcr manor care in mentor ohio hearland in mentor..

for a fact the employers that work thier do not care aboutt thier staff or anything. i worked thier for 3 weeks and got fired for dietaty.. im sorry but i walked in at a bad time WITH NO MANAGEMENT...because Travis walked about because of a girl named marie thurr.. shes a lier and a backstabber and causes drama in the dietary area... kim who is the assistant manager doenst do a thing but just sits on her butt all day, and barely does any work. that and they are so unorganized.. no commication what so ever.... and also the nurses that take care of the residents thier take smack and garbarge about the people that they take care of.. i mean hello they talk about how the smoked weed last night and then a day later they are working.. im sorry but this compony stinks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

RCC in Oakland, California

96 months ago

This a job search web site not a chat room for arguements. Please grow up and lets be adults. I am on this site to get information on finding the right job not this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Cleveland, Ohio

96 months ago

RCC in Oakland, California said: This a job search web site not a chat room for arguements. Please grow up and lets be adults. I am on this site to get information on finding the right job not this.

ok first off i wasnt tryin to start an arguement.. i was telling you the truth about it,but if u want to go threw the same garbage i went threw be my quest... dont respond back to me. your not worth my time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

school N work 40 in Hanover, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

when i started about 1 yr ago i had to be moved to the other unit because there were girls that were like the one here on-line about someones' spelling. the jobs has nothing to do with spelling and all to do with caring for the residents maybe thats why you didnt/ dont like working there...! after i got moved to the other side it was ok, i liked it a little better. but now im a float and when i say float, its from different units and shifts. i sharted classes last week and they called me on 2 of the nights that i have class to work 11p-7a which i dont really like and only have and will only work until 3a. and the other thing that really makes me mad is that the lady that does the scheduling is making me work 16hrs instead of my 12hr shifts that i like and can deal with,... they are going to find out soon if they dont get those hours fixed for me...anyone want my position...????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RCC in Hayward, California

96 months ago

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your work schedule with that job. I hope everything works out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

school N work 40 in Hanover, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

thank you do you work there too? i guess you do. i have to work so much all at once and have free time durring the day after my boyfriend gets up and goes to work. the one lady told me that i wasn't allowed to work dayshift but i only could work doubles. eventhough there are two slots open for days... what is your position there? how long have you been employed there? oh, and another thing they keep calling me in when i have class/ they change the schedual to help them out and not me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kris in Fenton, Michigan

96 months ago

whats the pay there??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The truth in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

Sandy in Ogden, Utah said: Bilingual or not, it is no excuse for poor grammer. One would expect that a person with an education would have the ability to write more profeciently than that. Communication is crucial. This is not an attack on that individual, merely an observation and opinion.

How could you even attempt to come down on someome when you don't even know how to spell Grammar, it is not spelled GRAMMER so maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to spell before you talk about someone's grammar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RCC in Hayward, California

96 months ago

Hi Sandy,
Sorry you emailed the wrong person. I never commented on someones grammar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GB in Austin, Texas

96 months ago

Not to beat a dead horse but Grammar Guy also misspelled proficiently as (profeciently).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

blackdogreservation in Norfolk, Virginia

95 months ago

All the comments about grammar & spelling-try using the spelling & grammar checker-it's under "tools" on your top toolbar. This doesn't always get it exactly right due to the many homonyms in the English language, and to using things like "of" when you meant "for"
Anyhow- when you are trying to get a message across, it is important to present it in the best possible way. You will get "heard" better than otherwise. I don't know if this particular site uses a spell checker, probably not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenchast in st clair shores, Michigan

94 months ago

school N work 40 in Hanover, Pennsylvania said: when i started about 1 yr ago i had to be moved to the other unit because there were girls that were like the one here on-line about someones' spelling. the jobs has nothing to do with spelling and all to do with caring for the residents maybe thats why you didnt/ dont like working there...! after i got moved to the other side it was ok, i liked it a little better. but now im a float and when i say float, its from different units and shifts. i sharted classes last week and they called me on 2 of the nights that i have class to work 11p-7a which i dont really like and only have and will only work until 3a. and the other thing that really makes me mad is that the lady that does the scheduling is making me work 16hrs instead of my 12hr shifts that i like and can deal with,... they are going to find out soon if they dont get those hours fixed for me...anyone want my position...????

how are they with single moms who can only work certain hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland

76 months ago

school N work 40 in Hanover, Pennsylvania said: thank you do you work there too? i guess you do. i have to work so much all at once and have free time durring the day after my boyfriend gets up and goes to work. the one lady told me that i wasn't allowed to work dayshift but i only could work doubles. eventhough there are two slots open for days... what is your position there? how long have you been employed there? oh, and another thing they keep calling me in when i have class/ they change the schedual to help them out and not me!

You need to recognize when someone is trying to interfere with your education. This is deliberate. Try to recognize a red flag when you see it. I hope you have left this company and have gone somewhere else where you can flourish. When they've been informed of your class schedule and continue to schedul at that time -- this is a deliberate and cruel act. You Must understand by now that They do not want for you to get ahead!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland

76 months ago

Sandy in Ogden, Utah said: Bilingual or not, it is no excuse for poor grammer. One would expect that a person with an education would have the ability to write more profeciently than that. Communication is crucial. This is not an attack on that individual, merely an observation and opinion.

No matter how well your diction. One knows bad treatment when they receive it. This is the point that should not be over shadowed by judgement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland

76 months ago

Stephanie in Fort Myers, Florida said: I worked for them for about a year, nothing get resolve, if you want something done, you have to the charge person who never there. The pay is not all that but good benefits, the interviews are ridicule, four interviews with 4 different persons, they give you a fitness test. waste of time.

Stephanie you speak the truth!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anderson in Marysville, Washington

57 months ago

Stephanie in Fort Myers, Florida said: I worked for them for about a year, nothing get resolve, if you want something done, you have to the charge person who never there. The pay is not all that but good benefits, the interviews are ridicule, four interviews with 4 different persons, they give you a fitness test. waste of time.

Anderson from Lynnwood WA., Did you know that the director of Lynnwood Manor Care is cutting the hours of all employees from the CNA's, who are taking care of 13 patients per CNA and we can't even take our break, to the janitor for an hour even if our census is 92 to 101. What a slave driver and unfair to labor practice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.