How to get a job at HCR Manor Care.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 123)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at HCR Manor Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tavia in Canton, Ohio

86 months ago

My mom was called for an interview at Manorcare of Canton. The lady that was supposed to interview her had an emergency so when my mom came for the interview she was not there. No one from Manorcare even called and told my mom that the interviewer would not be there for the interview. My mom went for an interview that never happened. That was three weeks ago. The interviewer has never called my mom back to rescheduled the interview. I think that is pretty unprofessional for someone to not even reschedule an interview when someone wasted their time driving to the facility in order to make the interview. No wonder they keep trying to hire people! Maybe if they would reschedule interviews that THEY cancelled with potential employees, they would have the help they need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Rick

86 months ago

Manor Care does not pay well and expects to much from their employes, this is why they have a high turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Raheem Dortch in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

[I am a recruiter and would love to help your mom look at other opportuties. My email is rdortch@thejaggroup.com and [Edited by Host] my name is Raheem Dortch. Let me know

Best Regards

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info since you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Canton, Ohio

86 months ago

Manor Care Canton hires nurses telling they have a position for them, when all of the positions are actually filled. Then managers conveniently find ways to get rid of current nurses to make room for newer ones so they hire them at a lower pay scale. Nurses at Manor Care Canton are nothing but a commodity. Thats why theres such a turn-over in staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lillilan in Lawrenceville, Georgia

86 months ago

Say no to manor care of decatur!!!
It is an extremely disorganized place in which to work. Each day nurses are expected to do the impossible. When they do, they are nit-picked to death by management. The pay is too low, and far too much is expected by shady, unappreciative management, which promotes cut throat nurses. Also, attendance policy is awful. If you call out three times in a year, you will be written up even with a doctor's excuse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Layla in Salem, Wisconsin

86 months ago

UNPROFESSIONAL

I went there for a interview for a job that was recently posted. After filling out paper work for an hour and a half, I was told that there was no postion available (even though I called the day before the interview to make sure it was still available. They were very disorganized and unprofessional. I am glad that there was nothing available at that time, I would not be intrested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LA in SC in Spartanburg, South Carolina

86 months ago

If you are wanting to be a therapist at HCR ManorCare prepare to work intense hours for little pay. The patients are very low level and staffing is always short. They dictate how long to see a patient how many groups to do etc. Where is the therapists judgement???? gone it is all about numbers and money be very careful. Glad I left before I got to burned out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tammy in Nankin, Ohio

86 months ago

i am a certified mds coordinator, lpn that has been trying to call about a position around me that has been listed in the paper. I have made several calls and been told that the don would call me back. that was 3 weeks of calling and still have not received a call back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sherrell eldridge in Topeka, Kansas

86 months ago

food service in topeka ks there is a job sherrell a eldridge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn Hargett in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Raheem Dortch said: [I am a recruiter and would love to help your mom look at other opportuties. My email is rdortch@thejaggroup.com and my number is 877-843-5244 ext.26; my name is Raheem Dortch. Let me know
Best Regards

Hi,
I am finishing a chaplain residency in August and I am eligible for certification as a Chaplain.
In addition, I have an MPA in Healthcare & Finance, I am an RN and PhD.
I would love to hear from you.
Evelyn Hargett

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Cotaman

85 months ago

Have to agree with the way HRC ManorCare dictates how long Therapists heve to see patients and all the groups you have to do... major burnout. I was offered a job here in Fountain Valley, CA and they wanted to pay me $10.00 less then I would normally make here as a COTA. I worked there one day through registry and was exhausted by the time the day was through. Never feel that way when I go to other facilities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Doreen in Canton, Ohio

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HCR Manor Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

This is one facility that I would completely pass by if you're looking for a stable job. Manor Care Belden hired 2 new nurses 2 1/2 months ago for my shift. My employment was terminated and another nurse was completely taken off the schedule without her knowledge shortly after these 2 LPNs were hired. Now apparently 1 has already quit. And now they are hiring again? Prospective LPNs beware that there is actually an open position on their master schedule before submitting an application. We were told that State was making them cut back on the 11-7 nursing staff 2 months ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave

85 months ago

I agree with the lady who went for a job, then found out it was no longer available AFTER filling out the paperwork.

I applied and applied to a Florida position, called, emailed, called again (all long distance)and never received any information.

A few months later the positions were posted again.

I am a professional with 9 years of housekeeping experience and could not even get one little response so what type of company is this??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Durant, Iowa

84 months ago

Manor Care's recruiting practices seems strange to me. They have run numerous ads for which I am a perfect match but they do not reply with an invitation for an interview. I spoke with them by telephone and they promised an interview for one of their assistant administrator positions, but it has not materialized. Instead they keep rerunning the ad as though it were a new opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nay in Tampa, Florida

84 months ago

I totally agree with Gary from from Durant, Iowa. I applied for an assistant nursing home admin position , and prior to me applying I called several times and kept gettin the run around where they would say yes the position is open one day, to where on another day they would state the the position is not availiable. And the same position that I applied for I see it being reran as if no one applied for it. If you are gonna to hire then interview and run ads. But, if they are not going to hire then stop wasting our valuable time in filling out the applications, and puuting our hopes up for something that is not going to happen. We want the oppurtunities, but apparently HCRMANOR doesn't care. Why waste your money and your time running ads for positions that you are not trying to fill. I would have been a great asset to this company. And apparently there is a problem with the company when way to many people agree about the same problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I worked for nearly a year for Heartland Hospice, a Manor Care subsidiary. While I loved the people I worked for directly, the company itself has terrible benefits and substandard pay. They will work you to death with no return.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Moulton, Iowa

83 months ago

I appled for a social work position in Broomfield, Colorado. The ad says it is for a Hospice social worker. I am discouraged to have read all these negative remarks.Certainly, someone has something positive to say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Amy in Moulton, Iowa said: I appled for a social work position in Broomfield, Colorado. The ad says it is for a Hospice social worker. I am discouraged to have read all these negative remarks.Certainly, someone has something positive to say.

I have to say-if you absolutely need the job it's probably better than nothing. Can't honestly say much better. I wouldn't work for HCR again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Moulton, Iowa

83 months ago

Bryan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have to say-if you absolutely need the job it's probably better than nothing. Can't honestly say much better. I wouldn't work for HCR again.

Bryan-what was your position and what is your story? Also, will they calll or send a letter/email even if you are not considered for the position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leyah in Ypsilanti, Michigan

83 months ago

They offered me a position there as an Occupational Therapist and only pay $24.00 per hour. In my opinion that's pretty low especially when health care benefits aren't included without having to pay for it. It's pretty easy though to get a job by contacting one of their recruiters. However, look around and research all your options before accepting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Stockton, Iowa

83 months ago

guess what? HCR is advertising an assist administrator job for the 4th time. Given I am 100% qualified, I doubt if the job really exists. What a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marily from Tinley Park,Il in Hazel Crest, Illinois

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HCR Manor Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I too am constantly checking out for activity assistant positions at HCR. I've worked as a volunteer one day at Hinsdale and then decided to change jobs from where I work as an assistant for the past 5 years. I need steady work,thats not involving too heavy of lifting and I've wanted to work there. I had an interview but they haven't I don't think rechecked past resumes which I sent or filled out there this year. I'm still interested. what should I do? I may not be as young as some but I have a willingness to work with elderly residents and once I get over my initial apprehension I'm right at home. Please can anyone tell me if I should call them and remind them or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nancy in Cincinnati, Ohio

83 months ago

I had a simmilar experience at Home Care Network (Cincinnati).
I actually had four intereviews (recruiter, administrator, recruiter,regional director) and never heard from these people again. I went back to the office where I was interviewed but could not find the administrator, who it turns our is leaving the company. No one called me about ANYTHING. That was 6 weeks ago.
I just would have liked to been informed of their decision, either way. It is so incredibly frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandie J in Southfield, Michigan

83 months ago

Robert Wade in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I can help you get a position with manorcare. I am a recruiter and have been making placements with Manorcare for years I know most of the recruiters/directors/area managers. You can contct me At 1-800-774-9251 ext 101. By the way Manorcare is 1 of the only Skilled nursing companies left tht stillcare about their employees and patients.
robert Wade
Foundation Medical staffing

What a crock! Care? Get real. try asking the employees or the staff if they care not some recruiter trying to get money for placing you. MAnor CAre is a very bad place to work or reside.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Boice

83 months ago

Has anyone ever been a dietary aide with ManorCare? I've been on lay off for six weeks now and really don't have any skills in healthcare but they have called immediately after applying to set-up an interview. After reading all these comments..maybe I should remain on unemployment and hop my present job calls me back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joe joe the dog face boy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

83 months ago

Raheem Dortch in Atlanta, Georgia said: [I am a recruiter and would love to help your mom look at other opportuties. My email is rdortch@thejaggroup.com and my number is 877-843-5244 ext.26; my name is Raheem Dortch. Let me know

Best Regards

Dude! Your are in Georgia. Are you recruiting for Ohio?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Raheem Dortch in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

joe joe the dog face boy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Dude! Your are in Georgia. Are you recruiting for Ohio?

We recruit nationally, let me know if i can help you find a position!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy

82 months ago

I work at the Manor Care in Bethlehem PA....we are a campus with 2 buildings that total 450 residents and about 400 staff memebers. Well today we were told that our Chaplain Services are no longer an important service to the Bone heads at the corporate level. What are they kidding us!!!!Our Chaplain Molly see's all these residents their Families and then gives her services to the staff and their families. She holds the hands and prays with the residents who are dying and have no one to be with them at the last hours, she helps the families deal with a dying loved one. She also helps the staff deal with the deaths of many mnay residents. And after all of that she does weddings, funerals, baptizism for the staff and or families and for the families of our residents. What is wrong with this company to get rid of such important people. These older people who live at the nursing home have many mnay things to deal with,, leaving there homes, being terminally sick, not being able to go home ever again, leaving the family,leaving their pets, losing a leg, foot, there is so much I could go on. These people cpount on the Chaplains. I am so dissapointed by this company and the wrong dission they have made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy

82 months ago

WE WERE TOLD THE OTHER DAY AT THE BETHLEHEM CAMPUS THAT THE COMPANY FELT WE NO LONGER NEEDED A CHAPLAIN ON STAFF SO THEY ARE NOW GETTING RID OF ALL THE CHAPLIANS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME WE NEED A CHAPLIAN ON STAFF DAILY. OUR RESIDENTS TRUSTED CHAPLAIN MOLLY SHE IS COMPASSION, SHE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR THE RESIDENT, THE STAFF, THE FAMILY MEMBER EVEN THE STAFF FAMILY. THIS IS SUCH A MISTAKE ON THE COMPANIES PART. I WOULD LOVE TO MET THE ISIOT WHO MADE THIS BIG CHOICE.I HEAR THE CARE LINE WAS JAMMED UP FOR 2 DAYS....NOT THAT IT WILL DO ANY GOOD. THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy

82 months ago

Evelyn Hargett in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi,
I am finishing a chaplain residency in August and I am eligible for certification as a Chaplain.
Evelyn Hargett

7/2/07
the chaplians were all just left go thsi past week...good luck the company feels that the residents don't need a chaplain on staff daily....can you imagine.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in York, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Robert Wade in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I can help you get a position with manorcare. I am a recruiter and have been making placements with Manorcare for years I know most of the recruiters/directors/area managers. You can contct me At 1-800-774-9251 ext 101. By the way Manorcare is 1 of the only Skilled nursing companies left tht stillcare about their employees and patients.
robert Wade

Sir,
You ONLY recruit. You have no clue about what is going on in the workplace.Only the workers such as NAs, LPNs, and maybe RNs know a lot more than you.Don't send workers in the HELL of Manorcare. WORKERS, FIND A PEACEFUL JOB IN ANOTHER COMPANY.I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB. MAY GOD BLESS YOU WORKERS.
RACHEL,
CNA AT MANORCARE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Bowie, Maryland

81 months ago

Wow, a temp agency in my area offered me work with the Manor Care here. But, after reading this, I'll continue in poverty :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RUN don't walk in Parkersburg, West Virginia

81 months ago

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!! Not true in Marietta (devola) ohio location!!!!!!!! TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES OR RESIDENTS ONLY THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR

robert Wade

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Indy in New Albany, Ohio

81 months ago

job seeker 101 in Alliance, Ohio said: I applied to 3 positions in two HCR facilities recently. Since reading these postings, I am reconsidering my options. I want to work for a company I can feel good about, when I tell people I work for company ABC, they will have respect for the work I do and the people I serve. I want to be excited when I go to work, not stressed. It doesn't sound like this would be a good fit for me.

AMEN sister....just remember that and keep looking elsewhere, just not MANORSCARE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

967 in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Evelyn Hargett in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi,
Evelyn Hargett

Please call us at 615 612 3760

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Dubuque, Iowa

80 months ago

I started work for manorcare 4-4-07. 2nd shift cook. I have over 15 years in food. These people are idiots. Your have set menu that you go by, but you end up the ingredients weren't ordered. Machines break down, no one tells you. You find out when you check the steamer to see how its coming along and find out its not even working. Maint. guy says oh yeh, have to order new switch, didn't they tell you? This only 2 of at least 30 problems I encountered. Not including a boss who acts like your not even there, unless she wants to yell at you for what someone else did. I left. 2 weeks later they dropped my boyfriends 96 yr.old uncle in the shower and didn't even tell anyone. No communication in this place good or bad. Run, do not walk away from here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Molly in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I work for Manorcare in Pottstown and have for the last 9 months. I hate it. We are alway short staffed. They have hired three new people in the last three weeks for the same position and all three have already quit. The pay is the lowest in the area for nursing homes and the medical insurance is not that good. I can't go to the localy hospital as an outpatient because the insurance won't pay for it and does not pay the part that they say that they will. The only reason that I am still there is that it is the only place within walking distance of my house. But once I get a car I am out of there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Neffs, Ohio

80 months ago

I have heard many, many, MANY horror stories about Manorcare in Bridgeport, Ohio. I just wondered if anyone else heard any. I heard that the management is very hard to work for. Someone told me if you weren't on xanax before you started there , just wait a day or two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suzanne in Tacoma, Washington

80 months ago

I applied in person to manor care for a dietary job.(yes the application is about 10 pages long). was called in for interview the NEXT day. I was interviewed twice in same day.(once with diet manager ONce with hr)i was offered a job on spot contigent upon passing all background checks(there should of been no problem)they even printed out a formal job offer on paper. 15 hours before i was supposed to start they rescended my job offer with the standard "we are going with some one more suited". this was after i quit my other job, rescheduled my sons bus pick up, cancled a doctor appointment i had that week(one thats hard to get in)and bought 2 new uniforms(they require blue). Now thanks to them I am a jobless single mother with a special need son.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No Reply - Report abuse

joel in Seattle, Washington

80 months ago

suzanne in Tacoma, Washington said: I applied in person to manor care for a dietary job.(yes the application is about 10 pages long). was called in for interview the NEXT day. I was interviewed twice in same day.(once with diet manager ONce with hr)i was offered a job on spot contigent upon passing all background checks(there should of been no problem)they even printed out a formal job offer on paper. 15 hours before i was supposed to start they rescended my job offer with the standard "we are going with some one more suited". this was after i quit my other job, rescheduled my sons bus pick up, cancled a doctor appointment i had that week(one thats hard to get in)and bought 2 new uniforms(they require blue). Now thanks to them I am a jobless single mother with a special need son.

I work for Sodexho - man this manor care company is no good - we have accounts in tacoma that I can refer you too. both good places. I am in seattle but know both managers at these places. email me at jrogers@exeterhouse.org and I'll put you in contact with these folks.

i find it odd that the manor care recruiters keep chiming in and telling people they have jobs. sounds like they need to fix a few things first.

Joel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

suzanne in Tacoma, Washington

80 months ago

i was wondering that. because a friend called and they said all the positions were filled. the only way that could be true is if they "hired" more people than they had positions in order to SECURE a possible employee.how would i go about researching and contacting a lawyer? thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gary in Milledgeville, Illinois

80 months ago

I might suggest contacting an attorney who specializes in wrongful discharge, EEO, age discrimination etc.

A few years back I had a similar situation Only I moved, bought a house, the shortly lost my job in a takeover situation that exploited 6 employees who happened to all be over the age of 40. The xcuse was poor perfomance after 6 weeks on the job and getting no assistance from the company who took over the one that hired me. We won on the age discrimination charge but had to yield the detrimenal reliance claim we had with the firm that originally employed us. Its no fun suing employers because they think their behavior is snow white. If your damages are under 5K it might not be worth the cost of litigating. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

pursuing other interests in Alpha, Illinois

80 months ago

Worst company I have dealt with as it relates to returning calls. Have applied for several jobs in Davenport, Iowa and have not even gotten the courtesy form letter back. Based on these comments it certainly looks to be a blessing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

a concerned family in Lansing, Ohio

80 months ago

I am looking into placing a family member at the HCR near her home in bridgeport. Should I feel this uneasy? I have heard terrible things about their managers, but only good things about their employees....what should I do, suggestions? And why would the employees continue to work for them if what I heard about the managers are true? That just doesn't make sense to me. How are the patients treated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous

80 months ago

All the comments I have read all have a common thread,It sounds like the company is not interested in keeping employees.It appears that they seem to thrive in an atmosphere of mistrust and confusion.They let their supervisors threaten and demean the staff without any form of rerisal from the front office.CNA's are told they have no oppinion about anything,they are not to call other staff members,and it was said that they can leave and get a better job doing anything else!! People are not lining up to get jobs there and the last 2 state inspections they received hits for working short staffed,which means they are charging people more money and receivingfunding from medicare but are giving the patients less care.They hire people with tattoos and facial peircings but later tell them to cover the tats or peircing sites up or get written up and face suspension or termination!! The company needs to listen to the staff nurses and CNA's. There are a lot of problems that they are ignoring or they are not aware of the situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Anonymous said: All the comments I have read all have a common thread,It sounds like the company is not interested in keeping employees.It appears that they seem to thrive in an atmosphere of mistrust and confusion.They let their supervisors threaten and demean the staff without any form of rerisal from the front office.CNA's are told they have no oppinion about anything,they are not to call other staff members,and it was said that they can leave and get a better job doing anything else!! People are not lining up to get jobs there and the last 2 state inspections they received hits for working short staffed,which means they are charging people more money and receivingfunding from medicare but are giving the patients less care.They hire people with tattoos and facial peircings but later tell them to cover the tats or peircing sites up or get written up and face suspension or termination!! The company needs to listen to the staff nurses and CNA's. There are a lot of problems that they are ignoring or they are not aware of the situation.

BINGO!!!! true for devola ohio location also. that location losing employees right and left STNAs quitting by the dozens litterally over the last few weeks 2 director of nursing quit in last 6 months very poor yearly state inspection numerous family complaints state has been there many times since may. bad bad bad

80 months ago

most of the problems in stem from unrealistic corporate goals I dont know about any other location but i would try to find a place with less corporate interference all they care about is $$$$$ not good for the residents

missy in Joliet, Illinois

80 months ago

I have a interview at hcr manorcare in palos heights as a cna how much do they pay and is it really as bad as former or current employeesmake it seem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unorganized, no follow up calls in Wichita, Kansas

80 months ago

I saw an ad in our local paper and ran down to submit my resume. I was also given a very long application form to complete. Upon completion of that, I handed in both the application and my resume. Almost 2 weeks later, I get a call from HR stating that the Administrator wanted to meet with me. We scheduled a date/time. I showed up 10 minutes early. At the time, I was informed that the Admin was busy but would be with me soon. I replied that was fine, as I was a little early. Staff came and went and would nod and smile while I waited in the lobby. The receptionist kept looking at me periodically. She popped into an office and then came back out with an application that she wanted me to fill out. I informed her that my application was already on file with my resume, as I had already been to their facility to personally hand both items in. After waiting 40 minutes, I asked the receptionist (again)about the Admin. She paged her again. I informed her that I would only wait 5 more minutes. FINALLY, Admin came flying around the corner and apologized, implying that she had attempted to get to me, but people kept stopping her to chat. Wow. Then, the interview was not much of an interview. Most of the talk revolved around goals and accomplishments she had made in her life. Some of my experiences were discussed, because she had dealt with some of the same social service issues that I had in the past. A pay range was discussed. Then I was informed that she wanted to get together with the "team" to schedule a date/time to meet with me. I never heard back from her. A week and a half later, I called HR to see what was going on and was informed that the position had already been filled! Although initially I was very disappointed, after reading ALL of these comments, I feel very BLESSED now, that I was not provided the opportunity to work for HCR Manor!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.