How to get a job at HCR Manor Care.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 121)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Ang in Charleston, West Virginia

82 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: Manor Care treats injured employees poorly. I can say that. I used to work for a Workers' Comp attorney who represented an injured Manor Care CNA.

I'm a CNA and was recently injured. I was suppose to get a gait bet but never did. Well, they are giving me the run around. First I was approved for medicine and medical care, now they're saying its under investigation. I had a witness that seen what happened. Then I spend a little over $200 for medicine, which they said they would reemberse me for it. Well that was almost 3 weeks ago. Now I missed 2 days cause of my injury, a week later said I need to have a doctors note. Gave me only 2 DAYS to get it. Well needless to say the doc needs to see me before he writes one and couldn't get me in. So, I'm probobly FIRED! UGH!!!! I will not recommend HRC ManorCare for anything in this world!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenchast in st clair shores, Michigan

81 months ago

this comment made no since

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jenchast in st clair shores, Michigan

81 months ago

Laura in Dubuque, Iowa said: I started work for manorcare 4-4-07. 2nd shift cook. I have over 15 years in food. These people are idiots. Your have set menu that you go by, but you end up the ingredients weren't ordered. Machines break down, no one tells you. You find out when you check the steamer to see how its coming along and find out its not even working. Maint. guy says oh yeh, have to order new switch, didn't they tell you? This only 2 of at least 30 problems I encountered. Not including a boss who acts like your not even there, unless she wants to yell at you for what someone else did. I left. 2 weeks later they dropped my boyfriends 96 yr.old uncle in the shower and didn't even tell anyone. No communication in this place good or bad. Run, do not walk away from here.

what do they pay their cooks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jenchast in Michigan

81 months ago

I'm sorry I don't know why my comment end up there it was for a different posting all together

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nurse07 in Lima, Ohio

81 months ago

Thank God I did my homework before entering into this nightmare. I have been putting in several applications for posistions? UH, that is: if they even exist: in the Marysville area. I just recently quit my place of employment due to similar circumstances in a privately owned nursing home where the management was also the owners. Except they weren't afraid to call their people stupid to their faces and one of the top dogs talked about how she would like to reach out and touch someone. I was also ripped off on my paychecks and on the cost of my uniforms which they refused to make right.Thank God I found this website before they had a chance to put me back in a similar sticky situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jenchast in Michigan

81 months ago

I would also like to thank those who put commented as a single Mom I would have found this place a nightmare and am glade that I did not try for a job with them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lucy

81 months ago

I have worked for Manor Care in Penna. and I can't say what a wonderful place we have. I work at the Bethlehem campus and from the dietary staff, housekeeping, nursing, activities and administration we all work as a team to get the job done. Our main focus and goal is to take care of the Residents who live at our 2 faclities. It saddens me to think that there are so many unhappy people with Manor Care...because we do CARE. I have worked in the healthcare for 12 for 2 other companies and Manor Care truely is where I would prefer my family to go if need be. I wish everyone could say they love to go to work because that's how I feel.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Janice in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

81 months ago

HCR Manor Care is all that has been previously stated.What else can you say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy

81 months ago

Sorry Manor Care is not what everyone here has been saying. You have never been to the Bethlehem Campus then. We have 2 buildings 400 residents. We have the best staff and administration possible. Buildings are clean no oder, maintained, the staff is caring and the residents are taken cared of. It's a shame that so many have had a negative experience working for Manor care. Mine has only been the best and a positive one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dedicated in Saginaw, Michigan

80 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HCR Manor Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Yes! I've worked at ManorCare for six years now. I went in an applied. Within a short period of time I was interveiwed and hired.So far so good. I work with a new group of people from when i was hired. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people.We work together as a whole.There has been a lot of changes made at HCR of Saginaw that was for the better. I can't speak for other ManorCare elsewhere.But I'm pretty sure if you call them with sense. Let them know what bad experience that you've been having trying to work for them.
Ask questions!Maybe you'll get answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dedicated in Saginaw, Michigan

80 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HCR Manor Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Yes! I've worked at ManorCare for six years now. I went in an applied. Within a short period of time I was interveiwed and hired.So far so good. I work with a new group of people from when i was hired. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people.We work together as a whole.There has been a lot of changes made at HCR of Saginaw that was for the better. I can't speak for other ManorCare elsewhere.But I'm pretty sure if you call them with sense. Let them know what bad experience that you've been having trying to work for them.
Ask questions!Maybe you'll get answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

CNHA in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

Beware, Manor Care has racist undertones in their hirng practices. The upper Management in Manor Care creates creative excuses to not hire certain ethnicities. I do not think it is fair to certain applicants I have not been allowed to hire. I have worked with them for over two years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lucy

77 months ago

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE TO BE RACIST AT MANOR CARE NOT IN BETHLEHEM PA. SORRY TO HEAT THAT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Indianapolis, Indiana

75 months ago

I'm sure different areas have different working environments. I don't see anyone from Indiana. I am looking at a few different facilities in the Indianapolis and Kokomo areas. Anyone from around there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sorry from Maryland

75 months ago

Pam in Bowie, Maryland said: Wow, a temp agency in my area offered me work with the Manor Care here. But, after reading this, I'll continue in poverty :o)

You have made a very good choice unless you want to be sorry later.I have never seen such bad remarks about one company in all my life and I have been around for sometime. This company thinks about themselves only.They will tell a family all kind of lies just to get they love one and the money into the building.Once the patient is in the facility the nursing staff and all other departments under nursing will get fussed and yelled at from the families because you can not produce what was promise to them prior to admission by the top people.If you don't mind having your feelings hurt then go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Brown in Canton, Michigan

75 months ago

HCR is not the place to work if you care about people over profits, are ethical and honest. You will only be very disappointed. There are many many many horror stories out their of X-HCR employees. I consider myself lucky to have gotten out. I was told by a new administrator to extend medicare patient stays even though they did not meet criteria. I left instead. Medicare funds are limited. Why the government doesn't investigate this company is beyond me. They are after the "M-Squared" dollar and nothing else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jean Brown in Canton, Michigan

75 months ago

Lucy said: Sorry Manor Care is not what everyone here has been saying. You have never been to the Bethlehem Campus then. We have 2 buildings 400 residents. We have the best staff and administration possible. Buildings are clean no oder, maintained, the staff is caring and the residents are taken cared of. It's a shame that so many have had a negative experience working for Manor care. Mine has only been the best and a positive one.

Just wait until a new administrator comes with the job of increasing profits. Sooner or later you will learn about the real HCR!! Enjoy while you can....it will change

BETTY

75 months ago

Sorry to say but Our Administrator has been with the company for about 12 years and Administrator for about 7 years. I have been there for 3years and compare to the place that I have worked for the past 10years I am very pleased & happy with working for HCR MANOR CARE BETHLEHEM CAMPUS. I do feel bad that maybe you have had a bad expierence with Manor Care in your area.Come and visits our campus any time you will see what I have been saying.

God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sorry

75 months ago

Raheem Dortch in Atlanta, Georgia said: [I am a recruiter and would love to help your mom look at other opportuties. My email is rdortch@thejaggroup.com and my number is 877-843-5244 ext.26; my name is Raheem Dortch. Let me know

Best Regards

Dear Raheem,
Iwould like to know if you can help me make a decicsion about which state pays the most. I am planning a move soon and would like to go to Columbus,OH or Marietta,GA. I am a LPN with many years of experience in both skill and long term care. I would love to stay with ManorCare.
Appreciate the help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Indianapolis, Indiana

74 months ago

Any comments on Indiana locations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

donyea in Country Club Hills, Illinois

74 months ago

How are the benefits at ManorCare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Clayton in Romeoville, Illinois

74 months ago

Good benefits/ read the rest of the comments

This company is strange. You interview and interview, They post jobs that don't exist, they cancel jobs that one interviews two to four times for, the personalities of the management are robotic. Watch the old and newer movie called "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." They sit on making decisions so long that if they had a need for a staff member,it passes, and the just make due.

All managers have the same mindset. Dull, lowkey, and laise-faire.

When you see their job postings-just move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly-Jean Bourdon in Sanford, North Carolina

74 months ago

I found te benefits to be substandard, in my case anyway. I was a DON (level 3) employee, one of the benefits to holding this position is TDI paid for by HCR Manor Care. I gave my 30 day notice then slipped on a wet floor 4 days later. The signs were there, but the arrow was pointing to the right side of the floor, so I ran down the left side, only to find that the housekeeper had the entire floor wet. I was taken to their clinic, where I was dx as twisting my left SI joint, that which the sciatic nerve passes through. I was denied W/C due to "pre-existing" medical issues, (fibromyalsia). Then to make things worse I was denied TDI(temp. disability insurance) because I had given my notice. It gets pretty complicated, but thats the basic facts of how they treat their employees and their benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sorry

72 months ago

Lillilan in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Say no to manor care of decatur!!!
It is an extremely disorganized place in which to work. Each day nurses are expected to do the impossible. When they do, they are nit-picked to death by management. The pay is too low, and far too much is expected by shady, unappreciative management, which promotes cut throat nurses. Also, attendance policy is awful. If you call out three times in a year, you will be written up even with a doctor's excuse.

What is the pay like there for a LPN with exp.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andie in Naples, Florida

71 months ago

I have a phone interview for a Wellness Director job tomorrow and I am nervous now. I want to work for a company I can be proud of, and it looks like a lot of people have had bad experiences. Thanks for the postings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mayjee in Rochester, Minnesota

69 months ago

Thank you to everyone who posted comments on this site. It gave me some realistic expectations before going in to my interview 2 weeks ago. At first I thought that some of the unprofessional behavior experienced at some of the offices identified here were because of the geography....sorry folks but there is a very wide spectrum of work ethic and values depending on your location in our great country. I was surprised to experience some of the same things mentioned here...1). at the initial interview the Administrator did a lot of talking about herself and really didn't seem very interested in getting to know and understand me or what I could bring to the company. She interrupted me a few times and got us way off-track of what we were talking about. 2). It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything back from them. I have contacted her 3 times, and the one time was able to get her on the phone she seemed irritated that I was bothering her. I don't mind posting this now because even if they do call me, I won't accept. I don't want to work in an unprofessional environment, or one that does not appear to provide job security for dependable and professional employees.

Overall, I find the staff there to be very young, unexperienced, and unprofessional. I currently have some experience working with teenagers, and it scares me to see how very few know how to communicate these days. With all of the texting and IMing, they don't know how, or have any experience with, actually talking face to face with another person and having some meaningful and professional dialog. They are able to hide behind their technology, and I'm seeing that more and more in the workplace. I believe that is what is behind what I've experienced in the HCR interview process.

Again, thank you to everyone who posted to this site. I didn't get my hopes up and I will just keep looking. God Bless and take care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

jazzytiff30 in Akron, Ohio

69 months ago

I have completed my Bachelor degree and currently working to complete my graduate degree for a Master in Public Administration/Health Care Administration around summer or fall 2009. I looking for an opportunity to enter into an AIT program in Ohio or Virginia area. If they are any recruiters that help people like me to find a rewarding career in long-term healthcare which are truly passioniate for the elderly and want to enhance the care received, please send me your email address, and I will forward my resume with cover letter.

Ms. Zuck I have sent you my resume and cover letter. I'm in the Akron, OH area and believe that with your assistance this will be a great opportunity. I've made a few applicationz to your organization for the open vacancy listed AIT postions located for Columbus, and Toledo areas. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C.J. in Indianapolis, Indiana

69 months ago

This is not related to HCR, but I have found a job posting that you may be interested in because I was looking for the same thing. However, they want you to agree to relocate and I didn't want to, so this may be just the right thing for you. Look up "Administrator in Training" for Life Care Centers of America. They have a paid training program and job placement afterwards as an Administrator. It's a great opportunity and I wish I could do it, but I can't. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Thanks so much! I don't have any children or husband, 80% family live in Ohio that frees me up to travel. I will look this up asap.

C.J. in Indianapolis, Indiana

69 months ago

No problem! I've been looking for something like that for over 6 months and was thrilled to see it. But I contacted them and they didn't want to budge on the relocation issue. :( I'm pretty sure the job is still posted. I found it on Indeed.com.

69 months ago

Through some research I found that they have locations in Ohio between 35-55 minutes away from where I live. I've applied since I saw they have an opening for the location in Elyria. So next week I'm going to call their contact person and ask some questions about their program. I'm also going to go visit some locations that have the AIT program including their facility. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure that by the first of the year I will land me a position in AIT program around my state.

hireem Pro

66 months ago

What a joke... I received a phone call for an interview, when I called back I had to leave a voicemail message. As a professional in HR I called back after several hours and left another message with my cell number. I changed my business plans to be free to set up a time for an interview. Guess what??? no phone call. I then called again the next day to set it up and was told we will call next week to see if we are still interested in you. I'd like see their applicant tracking form or their AAP. What would the OFCCP say about this?

Me Too, Chicago, IL

66 months ago

hireem Pro said: What a joke... I received a phone call for an interview, when I called back I had to leave a voicemail message. As a professional in HR I called back after several hours and left another message with my cell number. I changed my business plans to be free to set up a time for an interview. Guess what??? no phone call. I then called again the next day to set it up and was told we will call next week to see if we are still interested in you. I'd like see their applicant tracking form or their AAP. What would the OFCCP say about this?

Way to go!!!! I agree

J-A-F-F- E

66 months ago

Once again manor Care admin staff have reared their ugly heads!!! Hiring CNA's from a school they have started taught by the nurses that are not on the floor or doing wound rounds.Scheduler calls up CNA's that have senority and asks or tells them to stay home because the have overscheduled the day!! ?? Sometimes the floor schedule comes out and employees are on the list and they don't come in because they are on their day off or were not told to come in or were given the day off weeks ago. These are known as the phantoms!1 It really looks good on paper,but the floors are working short again.They also put up inhouse job postings and when someone applies(usually someone that they don't want) they tell them the job was filled.There were no interviews or replies to your inquest.I believe that the admin staff think they know everything and do not ask floor staffs opinion or ask them to become involved in the planning of any aspect of the patients care,placement,staff education etc. In other words they do not infuse any new thoughts ,ideas,or fresh approaches to the running of the building. The scheduler belittles staff,plays favorites with whom they want to give overtime to,yet has the blessing of the admin staff to continue without repercussion's. The only time they want the floor nurse involved is to hand an employee(usually a CNA)a write up! Admin says it is for the grievance process but I believe they are afraid of the CNA and want the nurse to face the employees wrath. More to come later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Baltimore, Maryland

64 months ago

BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the worst company I've ever worked for. It is inhumane the way the employees are treated. 15 people were wrongfully terminated back to back when I worked for the company. These people had homes, children to feed and kids in college. The manager responsible for this is still with the company. She gets great pleasure out of turning employees against each other. Her big game is to force employees to make false statements about other employees who she wants to get rid of. If you refuse she threatens to terminate you. She then poors on the pressure by forcing other employees to team up against you. Oh it gets better than that, she even goes as far as getting her friends who do not work for the company to call in with false complaints. She also encourages the employees to do the same. If they don't they will get fired or must leave the company. This woman (and I use this term loosely) is SICK. She comes off super bubbly friendly when you first meet her. You think wow she's OK, then this sick personality creeps up on you like she's schitzofrenick or something. She attacks you when you least suspect it. When your guard is down she will move in so quick that you won't know what hit you. I am telling you this women is a pro at harassment, wrongful termination and anything else you could think of to control or destroy. I witnessed this extreme behavior and reported it. I did not report to her. I had no support. Well I am no longer with the company and she is still there. This should tell you something about this organization. My question for this company is HOW can you be in the business of caring for seniors and permit cruelty to your employees. Why allow people like this woman to continue this behavior. How many more people does she have to terminate before this company will recognize who the real problem is. I hope this will help someone and prevent another person from being victimized

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland

64 months ago

BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the worst company I've ever worked for. It is inhumane the way the employees are treated. 15 people were wrongfully terminated back to back when I worked for the company. These people had homes, children to feed and kids in college. The manager responsible for this is still with the company. She gets great pleasure out of turning employees against each other. Her big game is to force employees to make false statements about other employees who she wants to get rid of. If you refuse she threatens to terminate you. She then poors on the pressure by forcing other employees to team up against you. Oh it gets better than that, she even goes as far as getting her friends who do not work for the company to call in with false complaints. She also encourages the employees to do the same. If they don't they will get fired or must leave the company. This woman (and I use this term loosely) is SICK. She comes off super bubbly friendly when you first meet her. You think wow she's OK, then this sick personality creeps up on you like she's schitzofrenick or something. She attacks you when you least suspect it. When your guard is down she will move in so quick that you won't know what hit you. I am telling you this women is a pro at harassment, wrongful termination and anything else you could think of to control or destroy. I witnessed this extreme behavior and reported it. I did not report to her. I had no support. Well I am no longer with the company and she is still there. This should tell you something about this organization. My question for this company is HOW can you be in the business of caring for seniors and permit cruelty to your employees. Why allow people like this woman to continue this behavior. How many more people does she have to terminate before this company will recognize who the real problem is. I hope this will help someone and prevent another person from being victimized

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Slavery is alive & well at HCR ManorCare. If you are a minority --asian, black, hispanic, indian do yourself a favor --stay away! These people will harass you, lie on you, then get rid of you.

64 months ago

PROTECT YOUR CAREER AND YOUR REPUTATION. Stay away from the assisted living facilitis in Montgomery Cty MD. The management treats employees like crap. Imagine being talked to like you're retarded after taking great pains to become an RN, or any other professional field that requires training or education. Imagine being falsely accused of something by people you don't know. Oh by the way the accusation when you strip away all the bull is that you have too much confidence and this needs to be broken. Imagine being terminated on charges that do not exist. Charges that were fabricated because someone has a personal not professional issue with you. Imagine your reputation being tampered with all because of one extremely insecure woman's power hunger trip. Imagine learning that people who you've never met before never had a conversation with called the care line reporting you did something wrong -- but no one can explain what it was. I will tell you how to make it if you decide you like abuse and want to work for this company. Act retarded like you have no brain, kissed big butt, be yelled at approve of being picked on, sit in the corner as quiet as a mouse and you MAY make it at HCR Manor Care. The people at the top let ths cow rule like she is this huge queen. They know what she does and they permit people to be treated like savages. If you can take this type of treatment then you'd be fine. How could any one in sound mind in good conscience knowingly try to do damage to someonelse and think THEY'll get away with it???? The leader is a sociopath. The same destructive routine behavior happens to people over and over again. This woman comes off like an angel super bubbly and oh so fond of you. All the while she is plotting and planning your demise for no reason. They need to sell AL in MD.

Erik Cass Smith in Sylvania, Ohio

64 months ago

I was at the HCR corporate office in I.T. support in Toledo for ten years and I can tell you there are some really great facilities out there and as well as a few that do have problems. I believe this due to the skills and experience of the local Facility Administrator, DON and regional management staff. Yes, this is a for-profit company and yes they do tend to be a low payer; however I never had contact with anyone at the management level who did not consider patient care the top priority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Erik Cass Smith in Sylvania, Ohio said: I was at the HCR corporate office in I.T. support in Toledo for ten years and I can tell you there are some really great facilities out there and as well as a few that do have problems. I believe this due to the skills and experience of the local Facility Administrator, DON and regional management staff. Yes, this is a for-profit company and yes they do tend to be a low payer; however I never had contact with anyone at the management level who did not consider patient care the top priority.

Erik,
IN ALL DO RESPECT! I FIND YOUR STATEMENT TO BE NAIEVE AND SUSPICIOUS! ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT THE ONLY PROBLEMATIC INDIVIDUALS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE NOT IN REGIONAL OR DON POSITIONS! YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! THIS IS A PRETTY DEMEANING STATEMENT TO MAKE WHICH I FIND SUSPECT. WORKING IN THE IT DEPT. DOES NOT GIVE YOU INSIGHT ON THE FACILITY LEVEL! JUST READ ALL THE THREADS YOU CANNOT BE INSINUATING THAT ALL ARE REFERRING TO EVERYONE EXCEPT REGIONAL AND DON, ETC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Erik Cass Smith in Sylvania, Ohio

64 months ago

SAY NO TO HCR ManorCare in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Erik,
IN ALL DO RESPECT! I FIND YOUR STATEMENT TO BE NAIEVE AND SUSPICIOUS! ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT THE ONLY PROBLEMATIC INDIVIDUALS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE NOT IN REGIONAL OR DON POSITIONS! YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! THIS IS A PRETTY DEMEANING STATEMENT TO MAKE WHICH I FIND SUSPECT. WORKING IN THE IT DEPT. DOES NOT GIVE YOU INSIGHT ON THE FACILITY LEVEL! JUST READ ALL THE THREADS YOU CANNOT BE INSINUATING THAT ALL ARE REFERRING TO EVERYONE EXCEPT REGIONAL AND DON, ETC.

SAY NO TO HCR,
I just read through the threads and agree that there is quite a lot going on in a facility that I would not have been aware of in my cubicle at corporate. My contact with facilities was limited to phone calls and e-mail. Unfortunately this is typical of most IT and operations workers at corporate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Erik Cass Smith in Sylvania, Ohio said: SAY NO TO HCR,
I just read through the threads and agree that there is quite a lot going on in a facility that I would not have been aware of in my cubicle at corporate. My contact with facilities was limited to phone calls and e-mail. Unfortunately this is typical of most IT and operations workers at corporate

Erik -- Thank you for taking the time to see what people have been going through at HCR ManorCare. Corporate needs to act on these issues that have been brought to their attention or else they will start losing residents. As mentioned AL in Montgomery County Maryland needs to be shut down. I cannot believe that people who are so cruel to the employees can be kind to the residents. The issue in montgomery county is region wide this place operates like it is dysfuntional for lack of a better word. I know there is resentment especially if you've been falsely accused of something you did not do, but the fact of the matter is that these people are speaking the truth. The issues seem to be companywide and not just limited to montgomery county maryland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the worst company I've ever worked for. It is inhumane the way the employees are treated. 15 people were wrongfully terminated back to back when I worked for the company. These people had homes, children to feed and kids in college. The manager responsible for this is still with the company. She gets great pleasure out of turning employees against each other. Her big game is to force employees to make false statements about other employees who she wants to get rid of. If you refuse she threatens to terminate you. She then poors on the pressure by forcing other employees to team up against you. Oh it gets better than that, she even goes as far as getting her friends who do not work for the company to call in with false complaints. She also encourages the employees to do the same. If they don't they will get fired or must leave the company. This woman (and I use this term loosely) is SICK. She comes off super bubbly friendly when you first meet her. You think wow she's OK, then this sick personality creeps up on you like she's schitzofrenick or something. She attacks you when you least suspect it. When your guard is down she will move in so quick that you won't know what hit you. I am telling you this women is a pro at harassment, wrongful termination and anything else you could think of to control or destroy. I witnessed this extreme behavior and reported it. I did not report to her. I had no support. Well I am no longer with the company and she is still there. This should tell you something about this organization. My question for this company is HOW can you be in the business of caring for seniors and permit cruelty to your employees. Why allow people like this woman to continue this behavior. How many more people does she have to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Smart -- I hope you've made it out before they start inflicting cruelty on you. It is in nobody's best interest to work for this company. The employees are treated very badly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RSS feed in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Stay away from this company. I worked for the Bethlehem site. I worked as a nurse for 5 years. I would work 3 to 4 16 hour shifts in a row. I would help them out in staffing crunches. I went above and beyond the call of duty. There where problems through out the years. However, the last two years of my employment was horrible. The ADON would find things to write me up for. GIving me final written warnings. I complained to the company and the adminstration had to distroy those write ups. I was told that they where out of my file. Then one day a family called the state and complained about the Unit Clerk. They stated that she misrepresented herself by posing as a nurse. They signed their mom out AMA. When the DON called the family of course they denied the complaint. Guess what some how I was blamed. I was the one they said that called the state. I never called the state. The DON then made a statement that should have had me running out the door. See I have pens in my pocket, see no write ups. Two weeks later I was set up by the DON, ADON, 3-11 supervisor and terminated. When I tried to see my file all the appointments where cancelled. I never did what they said I did. However, they did such a good job setting me up and covering their bases that I could do nothing about it. They made sure they contacted their legal department to cover their bases. I was set up just because they thought that I called the state. This Unit Clerk does mislead families, they often think that she is the head nurse. She calls the MDs and gets telephone orders, calls the docs about what she thinks the residents need. Play Nancy Nurse all the time. They set me up to cover their behinds. Because they know that this person plays nurse.
They also knew that I was pro union that is another reason I was ploted agaist. Stay away from this evil company. The DON of this building gets off on setting up who she wants to get rid of. She gets much pleasure of screaming at nurses in front of their peers.

RSS feed in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

And the Bethlehem site was where the first nurse in the country was sent to jail over the new law. They where under federal reveiw for a few years. That poor nurse was probably set up as well. They will do anything to cover there behinds. They care nothing of whose lives they ruin. All backed up by Manorcares legal team. The employee has no power and they know it. STAY AWAY, BE AFRAID VERY AFRAID. If you care anything about your lincense DO NOT WORK AT ANY MANORCARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayme in nazareth, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Stay away from this company. I worked at one of their Bethlehem sites. It was the biggest mistake in my life. The benefits and pay are poor. The daily abuse that I tool from the administration, residents and their families. The work load was too much for a nurse to handle. No breaks etc. You would be written up for things tha where out of your control. All because the ADON did not do her job. If you want to be abused work without a break and be set up. Be my guest and work for this horrible company. Do not put your family members there.

annie51 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

tammy in Nankin, Ohio said: i am a certified mds coordinator, lpn that has been trying to call about a position around me that has been listed in the paper. I have made several calls and been told that the don would call me back. that was 3 weeks of calling and still have not received a call back.

you are probably lucky no one did call you back. If you are a good hard worker you don't want to work for Manor Care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

rayme in nazareth, Pennsylvania said: Stay away from this company. I worked at one of their Bethlehem sites. It was the biggest mistake in my life. The benefits and pay are poor. The daily abuse that I tool from the administration, residents and their families. The work load was too much for a nurse to handle. No breaks etc. You would be written up for things tha where out of your control. All because the ADON did not do her job. If you want to be abused work without a break and be set up. Be my guest and work for this horrible company. Do not put your family members there.

Seems that many of the facilities are the same.

58 months ago

RSS feed in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: And the Bethlehem site was where the first nurse in the country was sent to jail over the new law. They where under federal reveiw for a few years. That poor nurse was probably set up as well. They will do anything to cover there behinds. They care nothing of whose lives they ruin. All backed up by Manorcares legal team. The employee has no power and they know it. STAY AWAY, BE AFRAID VERY AFRAID. If you care anything about your lincense DO NOT WORK AT ANY MANORCARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

wish more people read these posts

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.