DO NOT APPLY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Jeremy in Farmington, Minnesota

95 months ago

dont waste your time with this position, you will not get hired, or even contacted. This is a false posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Brent Kollars - HDR Employment Director in Omaha, Nebraska

95 months ago

My apologies for anyone who has had a negative experience with your application process at HDR. From time to time project workloads shift causing delay in our hiring process and getting back to candidates. Again, my apologies for your frustrations.

HDR has a tremendously entrepreneurial culture and a very bright future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Atlanta, Georgia

95 months ago

Jeremy,

Instead of jumping of the deep end with your comments, maybe you should take a look at your resume, interviewing skills, experience, etc. Maybe you're just not a fit. to say that this posting is false is absurd. I'm a recutier in this industry and believe me people don't waste time posting fake ads. that being said if nobody got back to you, shame on them. However you apparently have not grabbed their attention whether it be through email, resume, or interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Schaeffer in Austin, Texas

95 months ago

Brent,

I have had phone conversations with your HR group about postings in your Austin Office, only to be told to wait on your group; and if I quailfy I will be contacted and that you always look at old resumes first. If I try to reapply for a new posting, I get a computer reply that my resume has already been submitted, and will be looked at.

I have never been contacted, I have been told in the passed few years by others that I am over quailfied for any postions they have.

I can't get rid of all of my experience, yet I can't apply it.

I need large projects or the chalange of running an office, division, or group of project managers.

Thanks,

Robert W. Schaeffer, NCARB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NoCall&NoJob in Phoenix, Arizona

95 months ago

Can somebody tell me how to prove that I am really passionate about working for the firm or any other company as well as the commitment? I am in the state of Catch-22, I want to pursue higher education. Because I found many entry level Environmental positions require MS in these days... especially in the field of wastewater engineering or they desire civil more than EnE. I thought Bachelor's Environmental Engineering will be good enough after I graduated... Now I realized I WAS WRONG. I should've quited and became a CIVIL instead. As months after months I am looking for environmental jobs, I found myself have started to lose interest in environmental related work, or perhaps hate the field of engineering. I don't know how long I can keep my passion in pursuing environmental education or whatever crap you call environmental protection. I need to work to get allowance in order to go for MS... Now I barely earn any s*** doing s*** jobs; can't get loan with this much earnings and I never use credit card. May be I should've joined the military and researched weapons for the army. I see no light at all with a BS degree in environmental engineering... I even started to suspect all the environmental firms claiming themselves protecting the environment as their goal and will want passionate people with quality or encourage personal development or any other BS... THEY ARE ALL F****** PROPOGANDA, all firms are just aiming to be the MOST PROFITABLE firm! Like hell they care about the potential of an individual, they just want trained people so they can save some $$$ instead of spending time training newb. Bunches of professional liars!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Freedom worker in Lowell, Massachusetts

94 months ago

I believe what some said about this (HDR) Company, they all do the same thing. It is very frustrating when you are beign treated like some body with a communicable diseases or some one with a terminal illness. Let them come out, say that I am not good enough for their company, my credit is the problems, some other company has some negative things to say about the applicant or my nose is crooked, then I will understand. Most of them are racist, they will hire someone who is less qualified and three months later, they get rid of the the hired worker and re-advertised. I have been to an interview where the man who tested me on the computer said "Mr. Victor you are the second man that passed this microstation test out of 20 applicants". When I got back to the Office Manager, who sent me to be tested, he told me "we are still interviewing". I then put him on the spot and told him what the man who tested me had said. The other guy was hired which I don't mind. 6 weeks later the same post was advertised in the papers and on the internet. I later found out the man that hired could not perform his duties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Austin, Texas

94 months ago

Could also be age discrimation, as is most likely in my case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victor in Sherborn, Massachusetts

94 months ago

You are very right, it could be age, but the man who interviewed me is as old as the church of England. We are probably about the same age if not older than me. Dont forget older workers are wiser and get things done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Austin, Texas

94 months ago

Perhaps he knew you would be worked more over time than he could take and wanted to save you from it. Becoming an exempt employee is just another term for slave labor and could drop one to below minium wage if they tack on enough hours, I have worked an 85 hour week for architects, "We are professionals" I was told, whatever that means!!! At least you got an interview, I do not even get a reply.

Tony the Tiger!

94 months ago

Jeff in Atlanta, Georgia said: Jeremy,

Instead of jumping of the deep end with your comments, maybe you should take a look at your resume, interviewing skills, experience, etc. Maybe you're just not a fit. to say that this posting is false is absurd. I'm a recutier in this industry and believe me people don't waste time posting fake ads. that being said if nobody got back to you, shame on them. However you apparently have not grabbed their attention whether it be through email, resume, or interview.

To Jeff & Jeremy...Tony the Tiger says "who cares...and THE'RE GREAT!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dante in North Highlands, California

92 months ago

I applied for a Graphic Design position in Sacramento, for which I am grossly over qualified, and I did get a response. The response was "we have already filled this position" so I continued my job search elsewhere. A couple days later, I noticed the same exact job posting, dated that day, on a Hispanic hiring site...it seems they were trying to meet a quota for their equal opportunities certification.

After asking some other architectural firms in the Sacramento area, it seems the "word on the street" is that HDR has a very high turnover (at least among the architects I spoke with) so you might be better served looking elsewhere. That is what I intend to do.

Hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victor in Marlborough, Massachusetts

92 months ago

You are wasting your time with that company, the best decision is what you have decided to do. That company has an internal memo amongst HR, I suppose; about racial and minority hiring etc. Good luck in your job search

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yada Yada Yada in Yada, Virginia

92 months ago

One of my family members is a PE certified, BS (no masters degree) Environmental/Civil Engineer with a focus in water resources. He's never, never, never had any trouble getting work. He gets calls all the time to come in for interviews (even when he's already employed) it's unreal. Of course, we're located in the DC area, but I don't think that this should make a bit of difference. He's glided into a government position as well as the private sector with no gaps. I don't know what it is about him, but that's been his career path, so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PKD in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

Brent Kollars - HDR Employment Director in Omaha, Nebraska said: My apologies for anyone who has had a negative experience with your application process at HDR. From time to time project workloads shift causing delay in our hiring process and getting back to candidates. Again, my apologies for your frustrations.

Mr. Kollars,

Could you give me some advice in getting throught the whole online application process with HDR. I just graduated in May with a BS in Geology. I applied to 2 positions within HDR and was not even asked for an interview. How do I get into contact with the hiring managers? How do I stand out being a newly grad with a not a whole lot of experience?

Thank you for your time,

PKD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fulltimer in Jacksonville, Florida

80 months ago

HDR: From my experience: Do not waste your time, because they will run you around and lie all day. For example, HDR Reno is running an ad for a Water Resources PM AGAIN...I interviewed for that job going on 6 months ago when they said they needed somebody "Right Away" and "We just need to look at one other Option this week"- code for see ya chump. They are only fishing for free factoids. If this is engineering ethics, I can walk on water.

Bob in North Charleston, South Carolina

77 months ago

Resume Fishing!!!! I told you guys not to apply at HDR. They are using your resume to bid on contracts! DO NOT APPLY!!! Boycott!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in North Charleston, South Carolina

77 months ago

LIAR!! You know you are resume fishing!! Leave us all alone! Go somewhere else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Freedom worker in Lowell, Massachusetts

77 months ago

Jeremy in Farmington, Minnesota said: dont waste your time with this position, you will not get hired, or even contacted. This is a false posting.

HDR stinks also Dice which belongs to Aerotek. I don't even bother to open their mails. I just delete them. I have issue with aerotek, one <Edited by Host: Name Removed> who worked for them messed my name up on their internal file, he said I refused an assignment, which is not true. so I can never get a job, always giving out bad reccomendation about me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

frmrhdr in Littleton, Colorado

28 months ago

That's funny! If anything HDR punishes innovators and entrepreneurs. They will treat you no better once you are hired. HR works for the company, not the employees and is always a good gauge of how a company treats its employees.

Brent Kollars - HDR Employment Director in Omaha, Nebraska said: My apologies for anyone who has had a negative experience with your application process at HDR. From time to time project workloads shift causing delay in our hiring process and getting back to candidates. Again, my apologies for your frustrations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

RUN!!! Don't apply any more. You are better off not working there.

PKD in Cleveland, Ohio said: Mr. Kollars,

Could you give me some advice in getting throught the whole online application process with HDR. I just graduated in May with a BS in Geology . I applied to 2 positions within HDR and was not even asked for an interview. How do I get into contact with the hiring managers? How do I stand out being a newly grad with a not a whole lot of experience?

Thank you for your time,

PKD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Of course, the HR guy says "it's your resume, it's not us." HDR is too busy hiring their cronies, buddies, lovers and anyone who ever worked at a state or federal agency. If you are not one of the above, don't expect a call or any other courtesy. Courtesy is unheard of here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BPS in Cleveland, Tennessee

24 months ago

I dont think any engineers comments are off the deep end. Companies like to "FISH" for qualified staff and as an A/E firm owner I understand why its done. However, for those of us looking for jobs its not fair to say the least. It leads to qualified people thinking there are actually positions out there when there are none. A few other things I know are going on out there companies are remaining understaffed, unpaying, and laying off just to drop wages....

Let me add this in as well...Before I opened up shop for myself. I applied to over 6 various PM positions that directly reflected my resume. I was called by a HDR recruiter in San Antonio who told me each position I was either qualified for or over qualified for. I was told I would get a return call within two weeks...Over a month went by...and I finally got him to return my call just to find out in a month they pulled all six positions. That was last year.

My challenge for sr engineers with their PE and other certs is to WAIT and hold out....Start your own practice. Companies like URS, HDR, HNTB are being known for laying off and rehiring, and remaining understaffed, or just hiring entry level staff, ect..If you got 10 plus/ 15 plus years you have the knowledge already and local clients will respect you more than the larger firms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.