What's the company culture at Halliburton?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Halliburton?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Halliburton?

Reply - Report abuse

IronMan in Trinidad, Colorado

87 months ago

We wear coveralls and steel toed boots and hardhats.All the proper PPE for Fracing.Why would anyone want an office job anyway?I love my job and I don't care what anyone says about Halliburton.6 years ago my ex-wife had a miss carriage and they flew me home no charge and within hours of me finding out sent flowers to the hospital and to my house before I got there.So can you tell me how is that an evil company?They take care of their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Decisionmaker Wife in Williston, North Dakota

85 months ago

Halliburton does take care of its employess in terms of personal safety, making sure they have the best protective gear and safety training. However there are serious disparities in how raises are given out. They are given out by virtue of what level of Compentency is attained on the computer courses they have designed. Now, what I see happening with my husband is that he is always pulled away from the computer on shop days and asked to rebuild pumps, weld, everything, because he's very good with machines. And he watches as men with no skills with machines get to sit at the computers during shop days and get farther with their raises than he, even men he has trained are now earning more. They tell him that he must come in on his days off to do his computer work. He is still earning the same as he was a year ago, while they tell him what a valuable worker he is. Williston ND is not that attractive a place to live. I'm going to encourage him to start looking for an employer that knows how to value its employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anton G in Nefteyugansk, Russia

72 months ago

Decisionmaker Wife in Williston, North Dakota said: Halliburton does take care of its employess in terms of personal safety, making sure they have the best protective gear and safety training. However there are serious disparities in how raises are given out. They are given out by virtue of what level of Compentency is attained on the computer courses they have designed. Now, what I see happening with my husband is that he is always pulled away from the computer on shop days and asked to rebuild pumps, weld, everything, because he's very good with machines. And he watches as men with no skills with machines get to sit at the computers during shop days and get farther with their raises than he, even men he has trained are now earning more. They tell him that he must come in on his days off to do his computer work. He is still earning the same as he was a year ago, while they tell him what a valuable worker he is. Williston ND is not that attractive a place to live. I'm going to encourage him to start looking for an employer that knows how to value its employees.

I really DO understand you, competences may drive mad anyone. You should be more patient, this is really hard process, but once he got all competences - he will be a real prefessional needed not only in Halliburton but all over the world.

I work in Hal training and development , - career, benefits and salary are wonderful. Contact me at glazgorion@mail.ru and I will se what I can do for you in Halliburton's world of opportunities.

Good luck, people , live in piece.
Anton

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy Roberts in Toronto, Ontario

68 months ago

Hey will you e-mail please. I have a question for you about their Field Training program. Please!

robertsjim87@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

2big in Ashburn, Virginia

60 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Halliburton?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Halliburton?

Does Halliburton hire people with MBA....JUST curious because this is my dream company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.