HOW DO YOU GET STARTED IN WRITING CARDS FOR HALLMARK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

scorpio in London, United Kingdom

99 months ago

Having been told by a fair few people over the years that my poems are something that should be put down and noted by others on cards I've come to realise that they might have a point. I'm not a pro, far from it- im your average joe who writes from the heart on mothers, family, life and other topics that effect people emotionly and by humour! If any one would be intrested in reading some of my writings please get in touch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

scorpio in London, United Kingdom

99 months ago

Scorpio... AKA

Matthew Perry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

matthew lemmon in Springfield, Missouri

99 months ago

I have been writing for a while now. People tell me that i have great potential i just have to apply it. The only thing keeping me from being sucessful is that i dont know where to begin. It would be very helpful if some one could tell me where to start.

thank you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Brittany in Indianapolis, Indiana

99 months ago

Writing has been such a big part of my life since I was a child. As an adult I still enjoy writing. I love to see my thoughts come to life on paper. So many people have told me that I have a wonderful gift and I would like the opportunity to unwrap it. I'm currently an English student who has decided to make writing a part of my future. I love sitting down after a long day and unloading my thoughts. Being creative and imaginative takes me back to my childhood and away from the problems of everday stress. I would like to know more about submitting my poems. I am an ear to anyone who can tell me where to begin.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sarah brock in Angola, Indiana

95 months ago

I am a young person that has a passion to write. I have never published anything, but I have submited my peoms to contest in which I was picked to go to Vegas to read one of my poems, but I could not afford to go. I have always wrote letters and peoms, and made my own cards but only for family members. I feel that I am ready to make the next step, but I need a little help. I am good at writing things on short notice, when stuff comes to me to write about I write. I have wrote a peom for mothers day in one day with the thoughts that I had in my head and gave it to my mother she cried. So if anyone could help me get started I would be in great thanks.
sarah brock

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

changed in Zimmerman, Minnesota

94 months ago

my name is Justin i am trying to sell my poems so i can have an early start in life. I am still young well im 16 but i know i have what it takes. I have been through a lot in my life so thats what i wright about. i am very strong willed and i dont want to end up like the rest of my family so i am going to do what im good at. i wright about how i feel what ive been through love really i can right about any topic i have a verry creative mind. i have been searching for places for me to get my carer started and i hope if any one is interested in giving me a shot call me at 612-735-9175 if i dont answer PLEASE leave a voice mail i really want to get a head start on life and this is how im going to try to do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie Hayes in Sudbury, Ontario

94 months ago

For those of you who like to write poems for cards, this might interest you.

I've always written funny poems for family members and friends, and inserted them into birthday and Christmas cards.

They're always a hit and my cards never get thrown in the blue box. ;)

I started using a card service a oouple of years ago that allows me to custom create cards with photos on the front and inside.

They're REAL cards, with real postage stamps, and I decide how they're designed and what goes into them. The cards are less than $1 each and are printed, stuffed, stamped and mailed for me.

If you would like to get your poems out through cards, this system could be a great tool for you.

You could even offer to custom create cards and write poems and sell it as a service.

You're welcome to explore the technology and may send a free card through my gift account at www.hbbsourcecards.com

Just click on the "Click Here To Send A Free Card" link and follow the audio guided instructions.

When you're done, click on the SOC Opportunity link in the bottom right of the screen. This should give you some ideas on how you can put this to use for you.

*Note: Because this is a gift account, you will not be able to send a custom card, but there is a link titled, "Picture Plus" that shows you how it's done.

If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me at the number provided on the web site.

To your success,
Laurie Hayes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nebowsobie in Saint Francisville, Louisiana

94 months ago

I love to talk and meet new people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nebowsobie in Saint Francisville, Louisiana

94 months ago

I love to write poetry and I have a gift that reaches many hearts. I am interested in reaching the world with my gift of writing. I would love to write poetry on cards for Hallmark. If anyone can help me in that direction, I will be eternally greatful. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Betty R Anderson in Westville, Illinois

94 months ago

Poetry is my passion but I do other writings. I have had articles written in the local newspaper and several years ago one sold to the magazine "Today's Christian Parent" (article name: "A Part of all That I Have Met"). I would love to write poetry for cards. I am looking for a part time job or what ever comes my way. I would love to have the guidelines for writing poetry for cards. I have seversl honorable mention in poetry. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

speaker box in Marrero, Louisiana

94 months ago

TO EXPRESS MYSELF IS TO FIND MYSELF WRITING IS ONLY GOOD TO ANYONE WHO CAN READ,BUT FOR SOMEONE TO RECITE TO LISTENING EARS COULD SOMEDAY CHANGE THE WORLD,IF ONLY ONE PERSON AT A TIME.I WRITE OUT IN "IN ORDER" TO GET OUT,AND COMMUNICATE TO THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD WHO ARE OPEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.AM I NOT A VOICE FOR YOU WHEN YOU CAN TRUELY RELATE TO ME? I AM A LOVER OF WORDS,AND TRUTH.I AM AN EXPLORER OF FEELING AND EMOTINS.I AM SIMPLY ME."PLEASE LET ME OUT!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Antoinette GIVANT in Des Moines, Iowa

94 months ago

Nebowsobie in Saint Francisville, Louisiana said: I love to write poetry and I have a gift that reaches many hearts. I am interested in reaching the world with my gift of writing. I would love to write poetry on cards for Hallmark. If anyone can help me in that direction, I will be eternally greatful. Thank you!

I used to work for hallmark and I'm afraid they do not buy in poetry or photos, it is all produced in house: so you would need to work for the company in Kansas City.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Betty R Anderson in Westville, Illinois

94 months ago

Words are useful to me as I venture into time.
They help me welcome freedom and strengthen my desires to do the best I can. Words can carry me into the world of make believe and start me in a new direction every morning. Words are the makeup of my being and help me to express my feelings yesterday, today and tomorrow. Words introduce me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

speaker box in Marrero, Louisiana

94 months ago

Antoinette GIVANT in Des Moines, Iowa said: I used to work for hallmark and I'm afraid they do not buy in poetry or photos, it is all produced in house: so you would need to work for the company in Kansas City.

i'm like i feel you but i'm not understanding why are you still in tune to this site please help me understand where your concern comes from this may help guide me to a better choice or meaningful belief .
signed. paradox

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ronald Gordon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I believe that the words that I write are heart warming and needs to be shared with others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jadasean in Louisville, Kentucky

90 months ago

All I want is to get my poetry noticed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Virginia Kuta in Mesa, Arizona

89 months ago

would like a card made with the song of "GOOD HEARTED WOMAN". I have several friends that would like this card and I believe it would go fast. Please have this card made up so we can have it in the Hallmark stores. I have been to the one in mesa, arizona and still haven't found it yet. so Please make this card up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara Ricciardelli in Hackensack, New Jersey

88 months ago

Dear Hallmark,
I have a very beautiful handwriting, is there any way I could get a job working for Hallmark?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ramona Webster in Keller, Texas

85 months ago

Dear Hallmark,

I have not only surprised others who have commented and critiqued my work for my creativity, I have surprised myself as well. My writing has proved to be theraputic and has helped me through some very difficult times. The adventures of my family in times past has provided me the tools it takes to do what I love the most.

I would love the opportunity to work with Halmark and share my creativity with all. If there are opportunities that I would be suited for or if there are opportunites for one to work from home this would be the ideal job for me.

I am happy to provide you with copies of my work should you be interested.

Thank you
Ramona

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Divine Inspirations in Marina Del Rey, California

68 months ago

Currently have a very profitable business selling inspirational poems to both christian bookstores and organizations. I've began this business in 2008. People find my poems exceptional. Seeking to advance this business of my copywrite material to Hallmark and other publishing organizations.

Thank You and Have a Blessed Day!!!
Sherry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Divine Inspirations in Marina Del Rey, California

68 months ago

Currently have a very profitable business selling inspirational poems to both christian bookstores and organizations. I've began this business in 2008. People find my poems exceptional. Seeking to advance this business of my copywritten material to Hallmark.

Thank You and Have a Blessed Day!!!!!
Sherry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

raul gerena in Orlando, Florida

52 months ago

JAMES R PICKETT SR in San Antonio, Texas said: I HAVE WRITTEN SEVERAL POEMS ABOUT MOTHERS AND FATHERS THAT WOULD SELL GREATLY AROUND THE UPCOMING TIME OF YEAR.
I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL WRITER ONLY A REGULAR PERSON WHO LIKES TO WRITE AND CREATE.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS INQUIRY.

THANKS,

JAMES R. PICKETT,SR.

How can i put poems on hallmark cards or post them anywhere else that will sell?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rena in Alamogordo, New Mexico

43 months ago

I have written for over 20 years and have 10 notebooks filled with poetry. I have never really shared my poems with anyone, poetry has always been my way of expressing my feelings, Some of my friends came over one night and I had mentioned that I like to write poetry and they asked if they could read some of the poems. I brought out my notebooks and they were shocked at my writing. My friend never knew that I loved to write and they said I was crazy for hiding my poems in a box under my bed instead of sharing them with others. I have always wanted to write either Cards or turn my poetry into a song. I hope Someone out there can help me!
Thank You!
Rena Collins

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josephine in Hinesville, Georgia

1 month ago

Divine Inspirations in Marina Del Rey, California said: Currently have a very profitable business selling inspirational poems to both christian bookstores and organizations. I've began this business in 2008. People find my poems exceptional. Seeking to advance this business of my copywrite material to Hallmark and other publishing organizations.

Thank You and Have a Blessed Day!!!
Sherry

I have an Inspirational poetry book on Amazon, how do I get in the Christian book stores.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Josephine in Hinesville, Georgia

1 month ago

I am seeking help. I have written an Inspirational poetry book which is currently on Amazon. How do I get it in Christian book stores. I enjoy writing because it releases stress and I am currently looking for someone who that can help me pursuit that passion of mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.