What's the company culture at Harley-davidson?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Harley-davidson?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Harley-davidson?

Reply - Report abuse

Harley-Davidson Careers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2 months ago

If you wore anything other than jeans to any of our facilities, you would stick out like a sore thumb. (Not to say that you shouldn't wear business professional attire to an interview though.) Every member of Harley-Davidson from intern to CEO wears jeans and (mostly) Harley-Davidson apparel to work.

It’s really more than jeans though and I can’t stress that enough. It is about working on the products that have given Harley-Davidson a following that is second to none. We look for leaders and technical experts in our applicants, but we also look for team members who know what it takes to roll up their sleeves and tackle a project. Our employees live in the same communities where they work and have a deep sense of belonging. I have seen co-workers coaching youth teams or volunteering for local and national social causes. They also share some of the same hobbies (like bike nights at the local H-D dealership or weekend rides.)

We are not all from the same cookie-cutter mold, we come from different backgrounds. That is what makes the H-D culture great. For example, some companies have their top executives on separate floors or offices where no one really sees them. At H-D, you can walk into the cafeteria and expect to see senior members of our staff including CEO!

A typical day is always a tough question without referring to a certain role. I will say that there is a great deal of collaboration, regardless of what department you work on at H-D. At our corporate location in Milwaukee there are multiple areas for open-air collaboration so we can do more without being tucked away in conference rooms. There is even a wifi enabled rooftop deck for the warm months!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.