HD Supply News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 130)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does HD Supply stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Pahrump, Nevada

90 months ago

I see so many ads for help in Home depot,,the same ones alot,,,,whats going on in Home Depot?
I won't apply there..there is too much turn over
Somethings up when you see boat loads of ads running over and over again....
Seems they cant keep people....wonder why???
Definetly a red flag not to apply there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

shadechick in San Marcos, Texas

89 months ago

Robin in Pahrump, Nevada said: I see so many ads for help in Home depot,,the same ones alot,,,,whats going on in Home Depot?

Well, I don't know if you're talking about the Home Depot store or HD Supply, but for instance at HD Supply where I work, we were hiring like crazy because we were expanding and couldn't keep up. The Home Depot store may be a different story... we're not really the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sense and Skill in Orem, Utah

89 months ago

shadechick in San Marcos, Texas said: Well, I don't know if you're talking about the Home Depot store or HD Supply, but for instance at HD Supply where I work, we were hiring like crazy because we were expanding and couldn't keep up. The Home Depot store may be a different story... we're not really the same.

As an ex sales manager at HD supply I can tell you first hand this ship is sinking. The reason for all those job openings ? Any one with any skill or sense has left an opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

orlando in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

shadechick in San Marcos, Texas said: Well, I don't know if you're talking about the Home Depot store or HD Supply, but for instance at HD Supply where I work, we were hiring like crazy because we were expanding and couldn't keep up. The Home Depot store may be a different story... we're not really the same.

Well down here in Orlando where I work (HDSupply) they were hiring like crazy a few months ago, but just last week they gave layoff notices to about 69 people...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

J in SA in San Antonio, Texas

89 months ago

orlando in Orlando, Florida said: Well down here in Orlando where I work (HDSupply) they were hiring like crazy a few months ago, but just last week they gave layoff notices to about 69 people...

I interviewed for this same position being posted approximately three weeks ago. I felt very good about the interview and expected to be called back for a second interview, however, I never heard anything back from them, and now the position is posted again. When I interviewed, the DC manager was not sure which specific position he was going to fill. Something smells in Schertz.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in San Antonio, Texas

88 months ago

J in SA- How did you even get an interview? I cant even get a reply via email from HD Supply that they received my on-line application!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

George in Kissimmee, Florida

87 months ago

orlando in Orlando, Florida said: Well down here in Orlando where I work (HDSupply) they were hiring like crazy a few months ago, but just last week they gave layoff notices to about 69 people...

Could you give me the email address of the HR or the hiring manager for the Orlando location of HD Supply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Saint Petersburg, Florida

87 months ago

HD supply is in the process of being sold, I heard there was trouble with the buyers backing out. Home Depot has been trying to dump HD supply for about a year. The Home Depots in the Tampa Bay area are laying people off, or RIFing as they call it (reduction in work force).
I am a former depot employee, still have friends who work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown

87 months ago

Sense and Skill in Orem, Utah said: As an ex sales manager at HD supply I can tell you first hand this ship is sinking. The reason for all those job openings ? Any one with any skill or sense has left an opening.[/QUOTE

This is pretty tipical for a company that is being sold. I've been through this before with with a large electrical distributor. When companies are on the stock market the bottom line is stock value. The share holders all want there dividends. To show value companies trying to sell will cut overhead. The fastest way to acheive that is staff down sizing. The major down side is the top producers get scared, which I dont blame them and they move on. The less then par employees stick around because their not employable. If the top producers stuck it out, the less then desireable workers would be weeded out. Yes the work load would be put on the great employees but, after the dust settles rehiring would go into effect. Look now since the sale has been done. There is a hiring frenze. Also look at how much Home Depot is going to spend on repurchasing of stock ( 22 Billion). The company (HD Supply) is going to thrive. Now is the time for the top producers who left to try and get there jobs back. HD Supply I'm sure could use great people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Sanford, Florida

86 months ago

I really think that whoever wrote this post in the first place was one of those under acheivers. HD Supply LBM is taking over the Orlando market and made inroads into every major builder in Central Florida. If I were the competition I would be looking to get a job quick in HD Supply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Parker White, MBA in San Marcos, California

86 months ago

The Marketing department at HD Supply is full of self-important femenistas with the exception of the Aussie that likes rugby. Otherwise, they're just a bunch of pretentious snobs. Glad I got out of there when I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shadechick in San Marcos, Texas

86 months ago

Parker White, MBA in San Marcos, California said: The Marketing department at HD Supply is full of self-important femenistas with the exception of the Aussie that likes rugby. Otherwise, they're just a bunch of pretentious snobs. Glad I got out of there when I did.

How in the world is that relevant in this forum? Sorry you don't like the people who work in the marketing department, but that's not of any relevance whether you like someone or not. This forum is about the company, not which employees you like or dislike. Save that for your personal blog rather than blasting it on public forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Evangeline in Hillsboro, Oregon

86 months ago

shadechick in San Marcos, Texas said: How in the world is that relevant in this forum? Sorry you don't like the people who work in the marketing department, but that's not of any relevance whether you like someone or not. This forum is about the company, not which employees you like or dislike. Save that for your personal blog rather than blasting it on public forum.

Agree. And anyway "femenistas"? Spending a little too much time with the AM radio set?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unknown for now

86 months ago

Unknown said:

I agree with this comment completely. HD Supply has lost all customer service focus. They are letting dedicted employees go without regard to years of service or performance. The Sales force has bailed.

I feel for any of the employees that are remaining because they don't have a chance in hell of being successful. Home Depot and HD Supply are being managed by GE FOLKS. You can see what they have done to the reputation of Home Depot. HD Supply will be no different.

Cutomer beware!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mgt in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does HD Supply stack up against the competition?

The fact that we are hiring should indicate which direction we are headed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mgt in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

Robin in Pahrump, Nevada said: I see so many ads for help in Home depot,,the same ones alot,,,,whats going on in Home Depot?

Maybe you should be reading these job descriptions a bit closer. This is CTI which has nothing to do, other than its ownership, with the Home Depot box stores.

Mgt in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

Sense and Skill in Orem, Utah said: As an ex sales manager at HD supply I can tell you first hand this ship is sinking. The reason for all those job openings ? Any one with any skill or sense has left an opening.

Not true. Disgruntled sales guy.

VP in Sanford, Florida

86 months ago

I really wish that some of the people on this site knew that we are not talking about Home Depot. We are talking about the wholesale side of the business HD Supply!

The top talent in the industry is coming to work at HD Supply and they are leaving the likes of 84 lumber, Pro Build & Stock in droves. Not to mention those companies are up for sale as well. HD Supply is the only company that has enough value in it that makes us attractive to buy in a down market. Notice that nobody is offering anything for those companies. I am growing weary of people that cannot compete on a business level and the only thing that they have to try to capitalize on is a simple sale of a business. We are a strong company that is taking a sizable amount of market share away from the competition and the only defense they have right no is to try and make people think we are on shaky ground.

Well let’s talk about that, I don't think a company that is being sold for more than Chrysler is on shaky ground. It sounds to me that the buyers see the value of a great company that will make alot of money when the market turns because of the market share they have gained during this downtime in the industry.

I feel sorry for those that cannot compete on a fair playing field and have to resort to slander of our company. If it's to hot for you maybe you should go to work for Toys R Us or something. I think that is a pretty non-competitive business.

Good luck, and Lead, Follow or get out of the way because the train is coming down the tracks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

VP in the real world in Orlando, Florida

86 months ago

If you really believe what you're saying I have some "Kool Aid" for you. As a former Regional Mgr for HD Supply I can tell that you believee the hype and refuse to seek your own truth.
Fact
HD Supply has 12 different business units, can you tell me which one is profitable? Look hard before you respond.
Fact
The GSC is for sale and has been since June 19, 2007. The deal was financed with heavy debt. In a down market, market share is important but CASH is always king. What is HD Supply's cash flow once HD sells HD Supply? Think hard before you respond.
You obviously have read one to many of Joe D'Angelos daily memos and you really believe the hype. Trust me. Stay as long as you can but open you eyes and don't be spoon fed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

VP in the real world in Orlando, Florida said: If you really believe what you're saying I have some "Kool Aid" for you. As a former Regional Mgr for HD Supply I can tell that you believee the hype and refuse to seek your own truth.
Fact
HD Supply has 12 different business units, can you tell me which one is profitable? Look hard before you respond.
Fact
The GSC is for sale and has been since June 19, 2007. The deal was financed with heavy debt. In a down market, market share is important but CASH is always king. What is HD Supply's cash flow once HD sells HD Supply? Think hard before you respond.
You obviously have read one to many of Joe D'Angelos daily memos and you really believe the hype. Trust me. Stay as long as you can but open you eyes and don't be spoon fed.

I hope one of these "HD middle management with blinders on" responds to the facts you've listed in this post. For their sake, I actually hope they read it and open their own eyes instead.

I was in a situation (different industry) very similar to the one HD is in now. I believed in the memos for far too long (while passing up competitors offers). I was even blind enough to go along with a transfer to another region in the country two years ago.

Now, just like everyone else who didn't jump ship two years ago, I'm out of a job
and to add to the problem, I'm out of the home area where I was getting the other offers.

(In spite of my situation, I am NOT applying for any of the HD Supply jobs up here - and there are a TON of them listed in this area - why? Everyone jumping ship?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VP in Sanford, Florida

86 months ago

I am truly amazed by what I have read on this post, but at the very least it’s entertaining to see the how scared the competition is. As to your facts, let’s see what building material supplier right know is making money. (The answer would be NONE!) So what is your point, everybody is in the same boat. The difference with HD Supply is that we are picking up new business in a down market. If you have a vision for the future, Market Share is all that matters right now. HD Supply has that vision.

Last statement of fact:
I really don't care who or what entity may buy HD Supply and someday it may be called Daisy supply for all I know. The people and the talent are what our customers do business with. Any company can be sold at anytime in the day and age that we live. Top performers will always have a job and you control that destiny. All building material companies right now have to mean and lean and it will be a survival of the fittest, so drink your Kool Aid and Oreo cookies and put on your big boy pants.

Take care and have fun on recess waiting for the market to turn, we’ll be working!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

You know, in theory I beleive most of what you shared but I think you missed my point and it has nothing to do with competition. Remember, cash is king no matter who owns HD Supply. My point is your in a Sales & Distribution company. Let me repeat, Sales & Distibution company. You gain market share by obtaining new business in a down market but to your point, "...see what builidng material supplier right now is making money. (The answer is NONE!)". You spoke to building supplier so let talk appples to apples. Residential new construction is down 40%, commerciall is actually profitable but prices will either be maintained or be adjusted by as much as 15% to accommodate market condidtions. Remember, cash is king. Cash is king, not debt and not credit. Have you been reading the credit situation with major companies in the news?
I was one of those top talents, but I chose to leave on my own and was offered quite a bit of money, in addition to your "Resticted Shares" to stay but I look at real numbers not pro forma. I'm now the VP for a fortune 500 company with deeper pockets and more diversified to reduce risk. Real numbers put food on my table so I'll take the desk job until sales pick back up. HD is a 90 billion dollar company that is selling HD Supply to private equity investors. Remember, this is a Sales & Distribution company built on relationships. How long will HD Supply as you know it now be able to sustain themself when this market is forecasterd to stay this way at the very least until 3rd Qtr 2009. Any company can be sold at anytime in this day and age that we live but when you have your top performers the loyalty is to the bottom line. Who knows what HD Supply will be called but hang in there, you sound like a top performer but as you mentioned,"All building material companies right now have to mean and lean and it will be a survival of the fittest".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

unknown for now

86 months ago

VP in the real world in Orlando, Florida said: You know, in theory I beleive most of what you shared but I think you missed my point and it has nothing to do with competition. Remember, cash is king no matter who owns HD Supply. My point is your in a Sales & Distribution company. Let me repeat, Sales & Distibution company. You gain market share by obtaining new business in a down market but to your point, "...see what builidng material supplier right now is making money. (The answer is NONE!)". You spoke to building supplier so let talk appples to apples. Residential new construction is down 40%, commerciall is actually profitable but prices will either be maintained or be adjusted by as much as 15% to accommodate market condidtions. Remember, cash is king. Cash is king, not debt and not credit. Have you been reading the credit situation with major companies in the news?
I was one of those top talents, but I chose to leave on my own and was offered quite a bit of money, in addition to your "Resticted Shares" to stay but I look at real numbers not pro forma. I'm now the VP for a fortune 500 company with deeper pockets and more diversified to reduce risk. Real numbers put food on my table so I'll take the desk job until sales pick back up. HD is a 90 billion dollar company that is selling HD Supply to private equity investors. Remember, this is a Sales & Distribution company built on relationships. How long will HD Supply as you know it now be able to sustain themself when this market is forecasterd to stay this way at the very least until 3rd Qtr 2009. Any company can be sold at anytime in this day and age that we live but when you have your top performers the loyalty is to the bottom line. Who knows what HD Supply will be called but hang in there, you sound like a top performer but as you mentioned,"All building material companies right now have to mean and lean and it will be a survival of the fittest".

As VP'S, WHO ARE YOUR Top Performers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

prospective employee in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Well I am scheduled for an interview with HD supply tomorrow. after reading these posts and most importantly how the VP that works there beat around the bush and didnt pointedly answer the questions to the facts that were posed indicates to me that there is something to hide. he could not or would not answer the direct question about which business unit was MAKING money at HD supply and could not or would not respond to what HD supply has for operating cash flow once they are sold. sounds to me like the depot is dumping HD because they are a money pit thats sinking not because the depot can make money from the sale. cutting their losses while they can. Guess I'm calling to cancel my interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Timetested in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Sorry to hear that you do not want to come to work for the best in the industry. At this point the sale may or may not happen. We at HD Supply look forward to the chance to go on our own and control our own destiny. Yes it is safer to be under the umbrella of HD but we are very excited about the sale and the great opportunities that it will bring. I would advise you not to listen to people on this post who are clearly upset because they were cut. We are only looking for the best and the people that have been let go were the dead wood that needed to be let go and drift where they may.

There are plenty of resources at our disposal whatever way this ends up going and anybody who tells you any different just works for our competition.

Thanks for listening to reason!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unknown for now

86 months ago

Timetested in Atlanta, Georgia said: Sorry to hear that you do not want to come to work for the best in the industry. At this point the sale may or may not happen. We at HD Supply look forward to the chance to go on our own and control our own destiny. Yes it is safer to be under the umbrella of HD but we are very excited about the sale and the great opportunities that it will bring. I would advise you not to listen to people on this post who are clearly upset because they were cut. We are only looking for the best and the people that have been let go were the dead wood that needed to be let go and drift where they may.

There are plenty of resources at our disposal whatever way this ends up going and anybody who tells you any different just works for our competition.

Thanks for listening to reason!

I have been let go and I surely do not see my self as dead wood as you put it. My life was dedicated to the success of the company until the company felt it needed to start getting rid of many fine employees that had worked for many years,15 to 30+ years to make their company successful. It is awful funny how many of the companies that were purchased by Home Depot that have become HD Supply, have lost buisness because of the lack of understanding of the management group form HD of the buisnesses they purchased. Obviously, your one of them that sits in Atlanta and likes to believe that they know whats best for the lives of those that work for you. Keep playing God. Your day is coming too when there is know buisness left to gloat about.

unknown for now

86 months ago

unknown for now said: I have been let go and I surely do not see my self as dead wood as you put it. My life was dedicated to the success of the company until the company felt it needed to start getting rid of many fine employees that had worked for many years,15 to 30+ years to make their company successful. It is awful funny how many of the companies that were purchased by Home Depot that have become HD Supply, have lost buisness because of the lack of understanding of the management group form HD of the buisnesses they purchased. Obviously, your one of them that sits in Atlanta and likes to believe that they know whats best for the lives of those that work for you. Keep playing God. Your day is coming too when there is know buisness left to gloat about.

One last thing, the only Dead Wood as you put it is sitting in Atlanta and as Regional Managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

As a current VP it's only in title. I roll my sleeves up just like everyone else believe it or not. I have always placed myself in the inverted pyramid. Customers first, employees next and me under them. I have just been fortunate enough to listen and execute on the Voice of my Customers. So you ask if I'm a top performer and I can tell you that I listen, keep it simple, take care of my customers so I will never not have a job. I fight poverty, I work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

unknown for now

86 months ago

Thats great to hear. I commned you for listening? Have you ever been willing to give up your position in tough economic times to save the worker bee? Thats the sign of a a leader in my book. Lead by example!! The owrker bees are the ones that have the greatest impact to the success of the company and the customer, first hand.

unknown for now

86 months ago

unknown for now said: One last thing, the only Dead Wood as you put it is sitting in Atlanta and as Regional Managers.

Sorry I am not done yet. I hope that those that think like you do all have the chance to work for HD Supply for thirty years. Once you have met this milestone, and are prowd of your accomplishments. You have worked hard to make all the right decessions. Worked long hard hours.

Then have someone walk into your work area, herd you away like a 30 year veteran to a private room with a bunch a hard working companions and your all told your no longer needed. Your postion is not important. Here is a 30 day severence package, have a nice day.

Something to look forward to isn't it.

86 months ago

I guess we shouldn't have a President and we shouldn't have CEO's. Let's just distribute the wealth in tough economic times. I love America it's the land of opportunity. I would like to think that a real leader is a catalyst for change and sees problems as opporunities. Whether I was VP or not opportunity is all around us. Some of us work hard enough to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Worker bees are important but everyone serves there purpose in life. Not everyone is a leader like yourself. Evevy good team needs a coach whether you accept that or not.

86 months ago

Can I ask a question here?
I thought "VP" stood for "Vice President" of a company, is this just the usage in my own industry, or does HD have a "Vice President" at every location or?

unknown for now

86 months ago

Regional VP'S.

Katoka in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

It was interesting to mention Toys R Us. After the share buy back, Toys R Us become a Private corporation, and the price of stock fell 50% (private stock)
And as I'm listening to gossips, they have good benefit packages only for management, and they operate mainly on part time employees.

86 months ago

Hireling and firming??? It is no matter, how good you work any more! American workers are abused, and has no future, but this created by the worker it self. No more respect of the worker, and more dignity of the worker! Why? Because By accumulated debts up to the workers neck, must accept any terms what the VP offers! They can take away all benefit, can give once a year raise, below the cost of living, can change schedules, make one work 10 days on the row, run around 7 departments, sweat, and try to be everywhere, because short hand in employees! But the worker will never speak up, because he/she need the job no matter what!!! The bills do! I see old employees in this HD stores. They cannot keep up, but not a word! I guess, that it is HD, or HD Supplies, it is all the same! Cut back all the time on those, who actually makes the profit for them, "the working bee", in order to pay the generous bonuses and rewards on the top. But slavery is an old tradition in the USA.
Sad story. And all this beat up slaves are supporting the Neo cons:( If the worker bees are abused, might they deserve it? Most does not have memory from the better past?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Be patient, be a shiplle, and follow the rulers! Are we not all ships on the ocean, beaten by the waves?
As of HD Supply, HD Stores can be a private corporation, when ever it will be pleased.
The worker bee has no respect for many years now!
Economy made us to be vulnerable.

Spider in Vancouver, Washington

86 months ago

J in SA in San Antonio, Texas said: I interviewed for this same position being posted approximately three weeks ago. I felt very good about the interview and expected to be called back for a second interview, however, I never heard anything back from them, and now the position is posted again. When I interviewed, the DC manager was not sure which specific position he was going to fill. Something smells in Schertz.

He doesn't want to hire you, and doesn't have what it takes to just come out and tell you. That's what it means when they seem to be wishy-washy on filling the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Carol in San Antonio, Texas said: J in SA- How did you even get an interview? I cant even get a reply via email from HD Supply that they received my on-line application!

APPLY IN PERSON.
Tons of people apply online - even if they are obviously way under or over qualified. The hiring manager's are overwhelmed with the online app's and can't wade throught them all - and they don't have the support staff to do it for them. So paper app's, and people met face-to-face get more attention (if not all of it).
I'm speaking from experience. I managed an HDS business branch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

George in Kissimmee, Florida said: Could you give me the email address of the HR or the hiring manager for the Orlando location of HD Supply?

If you want to communicate with that manager, walk your butt into the store and try to see him/her.
Anyone can shoot an email, with a resume.
Be persistent (if you have what it takes to do the job they are hiring for).

86 months ago

Unknown said:

When THD bought the company I work for, to add the HDS, they gave key people cash incentives to stay (paid after a retention period). I imagine the same thing happend at most other acquired companies (HDS was built by acquisition of construction supply companies).
With the sale of HDS to the private investment group we're not seeing that kind of retention incentive. It's not needed. Most of us were not happpy being under Home Depot, so we expect to be happier now that we are free of them.

86 months ago

Todd in Sanford, Florida said: I really think that whoever wrote this post in the first place was one of those under acheivers. HD Supply LBM is taking over the Orlando market and made inroads into every major builder in Central Florida. If I were the competition I would be looking to get a job quick in HD Supply.

I don't know about those 69 layoffs, that a previous poster claimed took place in Orlando.
I would suspect, though, that they were probably in the Hughes support center. It probably could have been eliminated sooner, but was held in place for a long transition due to the size of the Hughes division of the HDS business.
THD probably dumped it in preparation for the sale. Cleaning up house.
HDS business are doing pretty well currently, all things considered.

sky in Cleveland, Georgia

85 months ago

you are right the ship is sinking.i was a manager with h.d. supply for 8 years it was williams brothers lumber for the first 6 years then when home depot supply bought us it went down hill.we lost customers they fired or layed off managers and nonmanagers they put a freeze on pay the benifits where high.i could go on and on.it is not a good company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

unknown for now

85 months ago

sky in Cleveland, Georgia said: you are right the ship is sinking.i was a manager with h.d. supply for 8 years it was williams brothers lumber for the first 6 years then when home depot supply bought us it went down hill.we lost customers they fired or layed off managers and nonmanagers they put a freeze on pay the benifits where high.i could go on and on.it is not a good company to work for.

This is just the beginning. Buyer (Customer), current and future employees beware. Customer Service certainly is not this companies objective. Even if it was, they have cut so deep that their ability to service the customer is a strugle. Many very dedicated employees have also bailed before they get let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

StayTune in Mission Viejo, California

85 months ago

I read these postings and was prepared to be disappointed anyway. I went for the interview with my best just to get the practice and learning about this company that I do not know much.
I must say I was inpressed with the interviewing managers, very professional and got good impression about the company. I sensed some employees there are not that happy. I am sure the sale of the division left a lot of people in the unknown and unpredictable mode.

Other industries are taking a hit also, the company needs to survive and stay profitable. I have seen worse and the worst in managers, having a positive attitude always help. I left my last job just because nobody could force me to work against my ethics ... and my will ... after many dedicated years.

If I am lucky enough to be hired, I will take the chance. There is no guarantee in life, you just have to take the best shot from all the available opportunities. No one can force you to work except yourself! But if you don't try, the answer is always "no"!
If it turns out great, wonderful!
If not, take a lesson and move on!

Hard Worker in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

85 months ago

After working at 2 of the larger supply chains in the US, it seems to me that the only company looking to go get buisness and not sit back, down size, and think WOW is me, would be HDS. In a time where the market is at record lows, they are going after their competitors best employees and geting they best team they can put on the field and are ready to go to WAR. Times like now, they seem to be the only ones doing that and I am concidering their offer of employment. Other LARGE supplyers are either promoting freinds and family to positions not deserved, or downsizing to the piont you cannot be successfull. HDS is looking to get best emplyees in the market to get the market share and hit all their competitors in the mouth when it turns around. Sounds like a great place to be!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

unknown for now

85 months ago

Wow, I wish you the best because you are in for a shock. HD is not any different then the rest as you described them.

RealDeal in Orlando, Florida

85 months ago

I worked at HDS main Orlando corporate HQ. I was an excellent performer with vast IT experience in many industries including the financial and entertainment. What's more, my performance was documented and approved for my review but then the VP decided that he would go with his crony manager's opinion ( manager for only 3 months) and would ignore the documentation and would not give me my raise. Went to HR and they didn't care. HDS is very unprofessional for professional. Benefits are substandard and advancement is onlyin the cards if you go to India (outsourcing). The company will very likely be chopped up now in the hands of the private equity firms... been there seen that. I know that will happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

job seeker in ATL in Smyrna, Georgia

85 months ago

I was just "let go" from this company for no reason whatsoever. After all the hard work and long hours I put into this job, I was left with nothing. Not a good company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

job seeker in ATL in Smyrna, Georgia

85 months ago

job seeker in ATL in Smyrna, Georgia said: I was just "let go" from this company for no reason whatsoever. After all the hard work and long hours I put into this job, I was left with nothing. Not a good company to work for.

I would like to expand on my comment above:
About a month ago, my manager started acting really distant from me. On my 1-1 meeting with her she told me that I wasn't doing a good job at my position and told me to submit a summary of my daily tasks every day for a month. It was all a shock to me b/c I am a professional with an engineering degree from GA Tech and have never been told by any of my manager in my 5+ yrs of work history that I am not working hard enough.

I provide all status every day for a month and went above and over my duties to make sure I was doing a great job. However, as soon as my 1 month was up, my manager told me that she wasn't "comfortable" that I could get the job done. I asked her for specific examples that I had messed up on, and she couldn't come up with anything. All she told me that she just wansn't comfortable and she would make a decision in couple of days wheather to keep me or let me go.

I went and talked to our Director and she gave me the same BS explanation. And yesterday they told me that it was just not going to workout for me over at HD Supply. I was "let go" for no appreart reason. After doing such a great job, I was expecting kudos and promotion, instead it was complete opposite.

The culture at HD Supply has completely changed after the spin off from The Home Depot. I was a part of the company before it was sold off and we all used to have a great time. But as soon as the news came that it was being bought out by private equity firms, things changed dramatically.

I would not recommend anyone applying or working for this company. This company is going down and everyone's future at this company is very uncertain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.