How to get a job at HD Supply.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

Do you work at HD Supply? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

thd retail in Charlotte, North Carolina

89 months ago

I work at the home depot and have been applying to other home depot and home depot supply jobs for several months now. Haven't gotten a reply yet. I think they have some secret policy, like asking the store you work in first if they can hire you. Of course my store will say no because we are short staffed and for some reason it takes them a good while to hire employees.
Does any work at HD supply on here?? Any clues on getting in??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shadechick in Buda, Texas

89 months ago

thd retail said: I work at the home depot and have been applying to other home depot and home depot supply jobs for several months now. Haven't gotten a reply yet. I think they have some secret policy, like asking the store you work in first if they can hire you. Of course my store will say no because we are short staffed and for some reason it takes them a good while to hire employees.
Does any work at HD supply on here?? Any clues on getting in??

Well, I just have been offered and accepted a job at HD Supply. I found the job on Monster.com and submitted my resume. I was called later that day for a phone interview, and then they wanted an in person interview. I did the interview and not 5 minutes after I got home, I received a call saying they were impressed with my interview and made me an offer.

It wasn't difficult for me at all to get in... Of course, I wasn't trying to get a job specifically there.. in fact, I'd never really heard of HD Supply. (of course I've heard of Home Depot, but I didn't know about this part of it)

Overall, I guess I'd say to have a good resume, and of course background somehow relating to the position you're interested in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

89 months ago

HD Supply. They usually have the job promised to someone. They have to post it for the HR reasons. They do a N +2 hiring method. If they have someone already working for them, and they want to promote them they still post the job and interview at least 2 other people. Although they are going to give the job to the internal canidate, they still act like it is avaliable for anyone. This is why most people do not get any feed back from them, or email, interview. I know this, due to I was a hiring manager for HD Supply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

rep in depot in Saco, Maine

88 months ago

This company was originally crown bolt,about a year ago home depot bought out this company.The unfortunate part is that the reps went from packing out nuts and bolts to many products through out the store,so I gurantee everyone the responsibilities of this job will increase,but your pay wont.Home depot is trying to phase out many of the merchandising service teams,the program is called Iss or In store service,which means depot puts their hand in the pot when it comes to service contracts,one would not be amazed to see a private company lose a contract to hd distribution which forces that company out of business.I know all this because I reped in side depots for over seven years and I have seen the declining service and customer service available to customers,do yourself a favor get inside lowes where its more organized and structured.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Searching in KY in Millersville, Missouri

88 months ago

Alan in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: HD Supply. They usually have the job promised to someone. They have to post it for the HR reasons. They do a N +2 hiring method. If they have someone already working for them, and they want to promote them they still post the job and interview at least 2 other people. Although they are going to give the job to the internal canidate, they still act like it is avaliable for anyone. This is why most people do not get any feed back from them, or email, interview. I know this, due to I was a hiring manager for HD Supply.

Wish I had read this a month ago as I went through three phone interviews, drove 90 miles to do a panel interview and take their four tests, drove back the next week to do the "fit" interview all for a Store HR Manager position. Was told that a decision would be made that week. Haven't heard anything since. Guess I wasn't a "fit".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Baradlee

87 months ago

I have applied numerous times for positions I am qualified for via the HD Supply website and never received any kind of response. I have over 15 years of MRO/Industrial Supply experience with McMaster-Carr Industrial Supply, a Bachelor's degree, I am under 40, and I don't require an outrageous salary.
Guess I'm just not the type of employee they require.
Does anyone know of a direct HD Supply e-mail address I can write to??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

discouraged in CA in Spring Valley, California

87 months ago

Alan in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: HD Supply. They usually have the job promised to someone. They have to post it for the HR reasons. They do a N +2 hiring method. If they have someone already working for them, and they want to promote them they still post the job and interview at least 2 other people. Although they are going to give the job to the internal canidate, they still act like it is avaliable for anyone. This is why most people do not get any feed back from them, or email, interview. I know this, due to I was a hiring manager for HD Supply.

Thank you for this info. I interviewed with the company about 3weeks ago. Never heard anything back and I also called a few days later,my call was never returned. I thought I interviewed well..so I was wondering if I was just a policy interview canadite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

discouraged in San Diego, California

87 months ago

nora in San Marcos, Texas said: I have put in several application on line and have plenty of experience and have not been called yet. I even call the center directly and they said it usually takes a month or so to go over application. It is a shame it take so long

It is a shame. Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it. It took a month for HD supply to call me after I summited my resume the first time. The second time it took about a couple of days.

shadechick in San Marcos, Texas

87 months ago

nora in San Marcos, Texas said: I have put in several application on line and have plenty of experience and have not been called yet. I even call the center directly and they said it usually takes a month or so to go over application. It is a shame it take so long

Well, when I applied was when they were hiring a lot of people at once, so they called me the very same day I put my application in. In fact, most of my co-workers that were hiring around the same time were called in for interviews pretty quickly. I do know that my resume is pretty good, which also may have had something to do with it... you may just have to have an impressive resume for them to take notice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HD has been good to me? in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

Baradlee said: I have applied numerous times for positions I am qualified for via the HD Supply website and never received any kind of response. I have over 15 years of MRO/Industrial Supply experience with McMaster-Carr Industrial Supply, a Bachelor's degree, I am under 40, and I don't require an outrageous salary.
Guess I'm just not the type of employee they require.
Does anyone know of a direct HD Supply e-mail address I can write to??

What type of position are you interested in? They acquired they company I had worked for, for many years. HD has been very good to me. Right now, with the possibility of being sold (this would be the 3rd acquisition I have endured) they may be holding off on any hiring beyond the positions necessary to keep a DC running.

Let me know what type of position you are looking for and what part of the Country you are in. I work for the MRO Division - Houston area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leaning in san diego in San Diego, California

86 months ago

HD has been good to me? in Tampa, Florida said: What type of position are you interested in? They acquired they company I had worked for, for many years. HD has been very good to me. Right now, with the possibility of being sold (this would be the 3rd acquisition I have endured) they may be holding off on any hiring beyond the positions necessary to keep a DC running.

Let me know what type of position you are looking for and what part of the Country you are in. I work for the MRO Division - Houston area

From what Ive been told,the company is not hiring right now due to everything that is going on..hang in there. Im sure they will contact you.

Baradlee

86 months ago

Thank you for your reply. I live in California, in the Los Angeles area. I have been seeking Inside Sales/Customer Service, Marketing, Warehouse and Will Call positions.
I have applied to HD Supply, HD and White Cap openings in my area.
I'll hang in.

Thank you,

Bradley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane Doe in Pine Bluff, Arkansas

86 months ago

I applied at indeed.com and got a call the next day for interview. I thought the interview went really well, but they said they had a few more people to interview and that I would hear back from them. I don't know anything yet though. So, I don't know if that was helpful but anyway. . .

Still Looking... in Burgaw, North Carolina

85 months ago

I am trying out for a counter sales position with this company and as soon as i find out what the deal is with all the long waits i will post another blog on here hopefully with good news. as far as what they are telling me is that they are going through a transition now that HD has sold the company to a private owner and that the manager has lost his computer. i am going for an interview inperson to make sure he has a copy of my resume and hopefully it won't be a waste of my time and money.

Johnson in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

Baradlee ... with your background, you should be of interest to an independent distributor in the electrical or industrial distribution business. There are many good, large independent distributors in your area...and the work environment can be very satisfying with comparable benefits

Someone who knows in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at HD Supply? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Don't bother! This company is about to collapse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.