HEALTHWAYS News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does HEALTHWAYS stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan Daniels in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Whoever the Web master is should change this...I signed in to read this thread but never typed a word...for some reason "sad" now appears to my name...very strange...please delete that as I did not say it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Carol Jones in Nashville, Tennessee

75 months ago

They started laying off last week....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

curious in Saint Louis, Missouri

74 months ago

hiring freeze at this point at least in St. Louis is the latest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

looking4ajob2008 in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

I got laid off from this company. Ironically, a month before they gave us all $2 raises. I would be leery of this company even staying afloat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ghost writer in Manhattan, New York

71 months ago

I heard that Hways recently laid off 150 people. I think that answers this question, for now anyhow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

leedle.larry3 in Phoenix, Arizona

68 months ago

This company as far as the Phoenix care enhancement center ( as they call it) surely will not survive with its current staff. Since June they let go some key players. Since then, the morale is at an all time low. More layoffs ( delayering) are lurking before the Holiday. Hows that for staff loyalty. Ben Leedle left his post at a good time...when the going gets tough get out....his moto!
If your looking for a DM position look elsewhere. Their stock once sat at around 70$ now it sits at 6$...eek

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Going Under in Saint Paul, Minnesota

66 months ago

My wife is a RN at the Eagan, Mn business unit. The past 6 months have been extremely stressfull! Constant pressure on everyone to meet metrics that are constantly changing and largely unrealistic!!Ongoing threats - "if you don't meet your metrics you won't have a job" Lots of management has been let go recently,I think I heard 5 layers of management were let go, those that were LCM's are now "coaches" There are very few calls in the afternoon so people are being encouraged to take time unpaid - use PTO whatever - for those that work at Heathways - this is a GIANT change in philosophy!! Everyone has been told they have to work evenings and there is some "mysterious" meeting a week from today that everyone has to attend to discuss "staffing" and "schedules" - the assumption is there will be lot's of LAYOFF'S or line staff RN's (those that make and take the calls)
or potentially the closure of the Business Unit in Mn.
This is probably happening in many other call centers as well.

They don't stack up well against the competition as evidenced by only having 2 contracts that produce most of the revenue. If they can't "pull a rabbit out of the hat" my prediction is the company will be out of business, bought by a competitor or drastically downsized. It used to be a great place to work - now the enviroment as described seems "boiler room" like

Best of luck to you all!! We are planning for the worst!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

mzloco in Tempe, Arizona

64 months ago

As an X- Employee all I can say is Ditto " It used to be a great place to work - now the enviroment as described seems "boiler room" like...". The tension is so thick in AZ you can cut it. The Nurses are walking around on Pins an needles! All I can say about the Phoenix Call Center is that they have no management personel that has any managerial skills worth talking about. They delayered their experienced staff and now have hired staff with little to none experience. There own Nurses who have worked there for years wouldn't take the management positons offered. That ought to tell you somehting....The product they are offering to potental and current contracts is far from what they say they can deliver. This company is worse than dysfunctional!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

blastfromthepast in Manhattan, New York

60 months ago

Also an ex-hways employee, pardon the pun mzloco, but don't you mean "walking on pins and leedles?" LOL! Hways was a good ride before it went public. But their business goals, no matter the song and dance, were always lurking behind the scenes. They are master spinners of information, not only within the organization but also to healthplan customers of which they have few remaining in the US. It is only a matter of time before they do the same with their international contracts because the bottom line is that the company does not care about people and product delivery; they only care about money, and they will spin it any way they can to attain that goal. What goes around comes around though. Senior leadership is misguided and will crash and burn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

fenway2000 in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

"I used to work at Healthways...the coaching part is rewarding, but the environment is the worst I have experienced in my 11 years post-college. I think it is similar to being in jail since they monitor your every move down to how long you are in the restroom. Plus, the managers that run the place have no business sense or people skills. Not all of them even went to college and they are so ignorant and insecure, they try to demean the educated employees. They mismanage and lose accounts too."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

burgh nurse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Hiring in Pittsburgh.
Don't know what the future holds but I'm riding this gravy train to the last stop.
It's the best paying job I've ever had, and the stress is no worse than anywhere else I've worked. I mean come on... it's easy work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

burgh nurse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

update!
things getting worse here in pittsburgh for sure. they're statting us to death, everyone's on "success plans" (huh!) or worse, and even though they said they'd never ever fire anyone over stats, it's now becoming a reality. morale is in the toilet, and rumors of closure are rampant. our pittsburgh ED is planning a town hall next week to address rumors. we're hoping they're true so we can be put out of our misery. it's hard to get through the days. they've taken an easy job and made it impossible to execute. what a shame. everybody's looking for a way outta here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.