What's the company culture at HEALTHWAYS?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at HEALTHWAYS?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at HEALTHWAYS?

Reply - Report abuse

curious in Saint Louis, Missouri

84 months ago

Benefits are good.
CO workers are a supportive lot of seasoned nurses for the most part, very cohesive, unlike my experiences in the hospital setting. Most are quick to assist, not to stick a knife in your back.
Few people recently lost their jobs, most everyone deeply hurt. Empathetic & caring people.
Jeans & sneaks predominately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

leedle.larry3 in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

lets update a little bit. In Phoenix the culture has changed drastitically. It went from a friendly, loyal culture to a micromanagement at its best. The once cohesive staff is so split they just kind of do their job and go home. Long gone are the potlucks and afterwork socials.

The clinicians and leadership seem to be at war.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

FormerHWAYS in Chandler, Arizona

78 months ago

Host said: Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at HEALTHWAYS?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at HEALTHWAYS?

Culture used to be good, however, recently it has taken a big downturn. In addition, they are very good at scapegoating. And once they want you gone, you can't do anything right. In my year there I saw 2 managers leave over the same client due to mismanagement.

The leadership is all about catering to clients, no matter what the cost is - its no wonder their stock has dropped.

They are very good at rewarding poor management and EXCELLENT at setting a person up to fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

burgh nurse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Laid back, relaxed, jeans & ts or sweats.
The most supportive, caring, friendly group of nurses I've ever worked with!
LOTS of folks get together for drinks after work, we have 'food days' where it's pot luck. Little things count, like free coffee/tea/cocoa/etc, "Bagel Mondays", free monthly massage therapist, tailgate parties, etc.
Pay and benefits are quite adequate, though used to be better.
Every job has it's ups and downs, so does Healthways, but I'm staying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.