What's the company culture at Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.?

Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Norman, Oklahoma

26 months ago

The atmosphere is casual, jeans everyday. That's about it. In the art/creative department everyone is trying to get ahead at all costs so you can't trust a single soul. If you want to keep your job, keep your head down, watch every word that comes out of your mouth and don't "friend" anyone on facebook and don't hang out with anyone after hours. It was the most catty, ruthless work environment I have ever worked in, in my entire life. So glad to be gone from there. The worst part about it all, is that it's a dead-end job for most people and if you somehow managed a promotion, all you got was a dollar raise and a whole lot of stress. I always joked that there had to be a prize if it were going to be a competition. Never understood why people tried and threw each other under the bus. HORRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT!!!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.