Age Discrimination

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

scubabum in N Ft Myers, Florida

66 months ago

Hey all you former or so to be Home Depot employees. I wolud like to know how many of you are long term workers or above the age of 60? It seems to me they are getting rid of all long term employees, like me 20 years, and just want to lower the payroll. I had heard at my former store (0268) that we were over staffed with too many full time employees. The ratio is to be 60/40 full time to part time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MYSTERY MAN in Naples, Florida

66 months ago

Well you keep saying they fired you because of how long you have been with the company yet you haven't said what the reason is that they gave you? You may get paid a decent amount and Florida is a right to work state, but people don't just get fired for no reason and if you supposedly did then you should of already been to a lawyer and not worry about the cost of one due to the fact that you will win in court. The fact is yes that the ratio they want is 60/40 ratio and yes payroll may be over in some stores, but if you don't think this is going on in every company with how the economy is then you are just not wanting to see the truth. We are assets to the company and nothing more, yes we are the most important people in the company due to we are the front line to our customers, but the bottom line is that it is a number's game. It is not just a district level or store level theses rules come down to us associates starting from the top and running down hill from Atlanta. Everyone is in fear of their job right now even the managers, but that's just business and I understand your mad at them for firing, but you had to do something for them to single you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

la jonez in Denver, Colorado

64 months ago

MYSTERY MAN in Naples, Florida said: Well you keep saying they fired you because of how long you have been with the company yet you haven't said what the reason is that they gave you? You may get paid a decent amount and Florida is a right to work state, but people don't just get fired for no reason and if you supposedly did then you should of already been to a lawyer and not worry about the cost of one due to the fact that you will win in court. The fact is yes that the ratio they want is 60/40 ratio and yes payroll may be over in some stores, but if you don't think this is going on in every company with how the economy is then you are just not wanting to see the truth. We are assets to the company and nothing more, yes we are the most important people in the company due to we are the front line to our customers, but the bottom line is that it is a number's game. It is not just a district level or store level theses rules come down to us associates starting from the top and running down hill from Atlanta. Everyone is in fear of their job right now even the managers, but that's just business and I understand your mad at them for firing, but you had to do something for them to single you out.

Hi, Home Depot Manager,
Which store do you work at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

happy positive in Anywhere

53 months ago

FYI Help is available for anyone who has been discriminated against at Home Depot. You are legal right for freedom of speech, and protection from discrimination.

Email: rainbowsnbeaches76@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

happy positive in Anywhere

53 months ago

scubabum in N Ft Myers, Florida said: Hey all you former or so to be Home Depot employees. I wolud like to know how many of you are long term workers or above the age of 60? It seems to me they are getting rid of all long term employees, like me 20 years, and just want to lower the payroll. I had heard at my former store (0268) that we were over staffed with too many full time employees. The ratio is to be 60/40 full time to part time.

Help is available, email: rainbowsnbeaches76@gmail.com Age Discrimination is illegal, and any type of discrimination. Class action

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.