Applying at Home Depot is a complete waste of time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 150)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Anonymous in Enid, Oklahoma

109 months ago

HRDude in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Glad I read you post. I applied as well and did not get any response. I have an MBA and 20 some years in the field. They won't even look at me. May be I am the lucky one. With all these negative comments, I won't work there if they pay me double what I am making now.
I think Lowes, Toy R Us, Pepsi may be in the same line.

Oh I can assure that one of your three in the last line of your response is true. I was 'sold' on my current HR position with one of these companies and now that I've been working in it for the past nearly two months its not even close to what I was told it would be like, and whats worse is that I have almost 4 years of relevant HR work through the military and no one seems to give a damn about military experience or the fact you served this country. In my case it seems to be more of a curse than anything else. Corporate America needs to get their heads out of their asses before employment law starts getting shoved up there. Not to mention that my employer before service has denied me re-employment, thank you morons you just opened up a nasty ass door to civil action. Lets see how much more Corp America wants to treat its Veterans like crap before we all get sick of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

H. Depot in Wayne, Michigan

109 months ago

If HD is so bad why are you trying to apply there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sue

109 months ago

Professional Manager in Aurora, Colorado said: I recently attended a job fair and met Home Depot's Human Resources Manager, (*name removed).

She said that she got hired by using keywords from Home Depot's job description in her resume, and posting it on monster.com. In other words -- she got VERY lucky to get noticed and hired.

Take it from me. I am an Air Force veteran with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and more than 8 years of retail experience, and I can't even get an interview.

WITH THOSE QUALIFICATIONS, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK AT HOME DEPOT ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HR Dude in Gainesville, Virginia

109 months ago

Why do you think I am not applying there anymore? No one knows such a big box company is that bad. After you sample a taste or two, you know who they are and how they treat people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Current Employee in Kennesaw, Georgia

109 months ago

I currently work at the Corporate Home Depot in Atlanta and I can tell you without a doubt it is the worst company I've ever worked for. Everyone in my department is either in the process of leaving or looking to get out. This is not a company you want to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

I believe you. I applied twice: the first time and the last time.
I don't even shop there anymore. I shop at Lowe's. If you shop at HD you know their employees are not happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

John Florida in Port Richey, Florida

109 months ago

Gave up with them and got a real job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

Already had. Got a job at Lowe's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Hollywood, Florida

109 months ago

HR Dude in Gainesville, Virginia said: I believe you. I applied twice: the first time and the last time.
I don't even shop there anymore. I shop at Lowe's. If you shop at HD you know their employees are not happy.

Im pretty happy working at home depot, they have lots of room to advance if you work hard enough to earn a promotion. You will start out at the bottom but if you have the drive, desire, motivation, etc you can quickly rise through the ranks.

By the way they also give a 10% discount over a competitors prices on the same product so if you find something really cheap at lowes you can take the ad to home depot and get a 10% discount over the price that lowes is advertising.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

I am glad you are happy working for HD. I have never work for HD and will never consider working for this company. Good for you and I am happy for you.

However, I will pay the extra money to shop at Lowe's and work for Lowe's. I cannot compare the two company, but judging from the way I was treated when applying for job. I beg to differ from your experience.

John-Miami

109 months ago

I shop at Lowes to, never again will I buy anything at Home Depot

I think Indeed should ban them from running ads for jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Linosh in Oshawa, Ontario

109 months ago

Question, did any of you who applied for a management position ever get your references checked? I applied for an HR manager job in Canada and have gone the whole nine yards - the phone interviews, testing, group interview, store interview, and then they (an external vendor) called and asked for 3 business references which I provided. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep from anyone. And because the process has been so disjointed I'm not even sure quite frankly who to contact. I left a message for the original recruiter a few days ago but no reply. I was so sure an offer was pending but now I'm afraid it's a NO. Reading these stories I'm not sure what to think now.... sounds like there are definitely issues with the hiring process. Would love to hear if anyone else got this far and if so, what was the outcome - a job offer, a rejection, or complete silence?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

109 months ago

John-Miami said: I shop at Lowes to, never again will I buy anything at Home Depot I think Indeed should ban them from running ads for jobs
We have added a new feature! You can click the "hide" link in the job description and the job listings for a company will be removed from your searches. Your hidden companies will be stored in your preferences. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia

109 months ago

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas said: We have added a new feature!
You can click the "hide" link in the job description and the job listings for a company will be removed from your searches. Your hidden companies will be stored in your preferences.

Thanks!

Now that is a good thing. I aways got tired of either locking out all staffing agencies versus having to scroll through those that I have already decided I wouldn't work for. Thanks, Indeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Olive Branch, Mississippi

108 months ago

Home Depot do a lot of promoting within the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MJ, Michigan

108 months ago

Jody in Milford, Pennsylvania said: Applying for Home Depot is a JOKE....those of us that have experience and education can't pass their Robot test. In other words, their test is geared towards certain personalities and if you don't fit their criteria...then you might as well not waste your time...they don't know what valuable assets they are missing out on..

Apparently the owner of HD is no better at picking people for his football team ! I delight in seeing these "icons" make money at something, and then proceed to screw-up everthing they've built from then on. Like the commercial said: "You don't know Jack" ! It wouldn't surprise me to see these and similar chains go under within 10 years - they s_ _ k at mgt. !

pirate

108 months ago

HOME DEPOT HAS AN OWNER? AND A FOOTBALL TEAM? YES THEY REALLY MISSED A CATCH PASSING UP SOMEONE WITH YOUR EDUCATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CH in O Fallon, Missouri

108 months ago

Apply at the store to get the best opportunity for placement...that's what I did....5 years later I am still working there. Just with any company, HD has some problems. We've lost some people to Lowe's, but a few of them soon found out that it wasn't much better there than at HD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CH in O Fallon, Missouri

108 months ago

Home Depot does NOT have a football team!! FYI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

pirate

108 months ago

OR AN OWNER THAT WAS MY POINT!

CH in O Fallon, Missouri

108 months ago

I love how people leave comments on here and don't know what they're talking about...........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nick Atkins in Wilmington, North Carolina

108 months ago

Would love to hear from anyone who works at the HD on racine dr. here in wilmington. I'm thinking of applying to the HD on carolina beach road.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jordan in Tacoma, Washington

107 months ago

i am currently employed at the home depot as department supervisor of department 21 (lumber). i found the hiring process at HD to be extremely quick, and i was given a surprisingly high hourly wage. Seven months after being hired on as a sales associate i was promoted to dept. supervisor. maybe you guys arent being hired or given decent wages because you are the kind of people that like to sit on your computers all day whining about how nothing is being handed to you on a silver platter. After being hired on i worked my ass off and easily seperated myself from most of the other associates as a hard worker. i also actively sought advice from management on the various sales reports and how to properly read them. Retail may not be the most glamorous job, but it is an environment in which anyone can succeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

jordan in Tacoma, Washington

107 months ago

jordan in Tacoma, Washington said: i am currently employed at the home depot as department supervisor of department 21 (lumber). i found the hiring process at HD to be extremely quick, and i was given a surprisingly high hourly wage. Seven months after being hired on as a sales associate i was promoted to dept. supervisor. maybe you guys arent being hired or given decent wages because you are the kind of people that like to sit on your computers all day whining about how nothing is being handed to you on a silver platter. After being hired on i worked my ass off and easily seperated myself from most of the other associates as a hard worker. i also actively sought advice from management on the various sales reports and how to properly read them. Retail may not be the most glamorous job, but it is an environment in which anyone can succeed.

BY THE WAY, THIS COMMENT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HD'S MANAGEMENT HIRING PROCESS. I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER ON HOW IT WORKS. ITS ONLY THOSE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT BEING HIRED AT LOWER LEVEL POSITIONS THAT ARE ANNOYING THE HELL OUT OF ME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jeremy collins in Chicago, Illinois

107 months ago

James Robert Smith in Monroeville, New Jersey said: What does everyone think about the four employees of HD getting fired for apprehending a Professional Ring of Shoplifters? Their firing came after the employees had received letters of commendation from HD & the Police Department. HD reason: "The action of those employees could have caused injury to other employees and customers. By the way, The Ring attempted to steal $2,500.00 in wire.

i like that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jeremy collins in Chicago, Illinois

107 months ago

i need a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wastedthreeyearsthere in Show Low, Arizona

107 months ago

As a new college student I applied at HD hoping to get a better paying job than the one I had. After my third application I finally got a call back and was hired. I started at $8.00/hr to be a cashier. I thought it was great until I learned that other kids my age were staring at $10.00/hr because they worked the "floor". I became a Head Cashier later and was treated like crap because someone else wanted my job. I then moved to the "floor". As a girl in a hardware store it was rough.On top of having customers doubt you because you're a girl, I had a jerky DH telling me that working my butt off wasn't good enough. Over three years I went from $8.00/hr to $9.75/hr and I was the one that had to train the new guys that started at $11.00/hr!!! I felt that managment never really appriecated many people there. One person was recognized more that anyone else I've ever seen. Not only that, this person made the rest of us look like idiots by coming up to us while we were helping a customer and stealing them away.I was thinking that it was just the managment at this store and that other stores had to be better. However, I see that it is hit or miss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ronda in Atlanta, Georgia

107 months ago

I had the same experiece. I was told one thing,and got the complete opposite. My schedule was NOTHING as we discussed. When I said something about it, I was punished with being given 4 hrs the next week! It was the worst place I have ever worked im my life. To add to it, my co-workers tried to completely sabotage me, my manager didn't bother to make a point to introduce himself to me until after a month, and HR didn't care one bit about what goes on. The place is aweful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Evans, Georgia

107 months ago

Start applying at the nearest Lowes - today. Lowes is a much better place (for that type of employment) and they are always happy to snatch another employee from Home Depot. If you work at HD too long, Lowes will consider you tainted somehow. Now is the time to switch. You don't wanna work for "Home Desperate" anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nene2976 in Kenner, Louisiana

101 months ago

Kevin in Dallas, Texas said: Dont waste your time, I currently work for HD and just an fyi, they opened a center in Addison, Tx 9 months ago, spent millions and hired 700 people for this center, up till 2 weeks ago people from the company all across the country have even transfered there in good paying positions. Just today they announced they are closing the center. I have years of service there and I just found out that to go back there (a step down from where I was)I have to interview for the position, hell I trained half the dept where I am trying to go back to!!! its all about the bottom line in this disorganized co. I am out!

good luck in whatever you do. I lost my fiance to a human resource manager in Brenham. How professional is that! Well, anyway, you can do better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hdblonde in Missouri

101 months ago

I work for HD also. I work at a store. I seen where they were laying off people at the SSC in Atlanta and now your center?? Should we worry about the future of HD??? Should I look for a different job?? I've been there 6 1/2 years and have 3 weeks vacation. I've worked hard to get where I am and get the pay that I have now......Any comments would be appreciated....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Anthony in Lady Lake, Florida

101 months ago

Mikey in Gloucester, Massachusetts said: I applied at HD on-line, was called to come in for an interview, drove 75 miles to the store (I was relocating), and the store "manager" pulled a no-show! Then, they told me that there were no managers on duty that day! (huh?). 3 e-mails, 2 letters to corporate, no response. Called their 1-800 number and was told that it "wasn't our problem....talk to HR". They gave me HRs phone # which was the employee benefits line. Finally, I sent a letter to the store manager, guess what? No response. Stay far away!!

Thanks for this post. I filled out an online application about two weeks ago, and was just called for an interview. The HR person called at 7 am and wanted me to be there within two hours' time. I was out of town, so had planned on calling them back. But I just went through an experience similar to yours (with a major office supply chain), where I was passed off on an associate manager the first time, stood waiting for over an hour the second time, only to be told I would have to come back, and then walking out of the place after waiting 45 minutes the third time. (the manager left for lunch 5 minutes before they were to meet with me). I drove quite a distance, took time off from my job, and have never been treated with such disrespect by any employer/prospective employer. I came to this board looking for info because I didn't want to go through the same experience again.
I thought it would be fun working for HD, but after reading the many comments here, I'm re-thinking that position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

hdblonde in Missouri

101 months ago

Home Depot does need to get their head out of their ass! Listen to how they do their reviews....Lets just say they rate you A,B, or C. (A being the best). If 20 people are up for reviews, they must give so many A's, so many B's and so many C's. Even though you may go to work everyday, on time, do your job, etc.....you could still get a C. I'm just waiting for someone to sue them on their review process. Also, my direct supervisor does not give my rating. ALL the managers and dept supervisors have a closed door meeting where they all discuss who should get what on their reviews. How in the world can the lumber dept supervisor possibly know how someone performs who works in garden or cashier????? They are way on the end of the building!! It's not right. I believe that I should have gotten an A, but received a B. If you get more than one C, you could lose your job....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carolynsnow in Sterrett, Alabama

100 months ago

Applying at Home Depot for a part-time position proved to be a tremendous waste of my time. My HRM seemed like a great guy, but I was told I could be terminated after I buckled and told management I could not work under the Outside Garden Department Head in this store, former co-associate who had sexually harassed me in 2002 at another store. I was shocked when, after signing payroll papers, I learned that he was going to be my supervisor. I had no idea he had moved to this store. And yes, I did resign Tuesday morning, after going through orientation last weekend and after having spent 5.5 hours on web-based training Monday evening. Just the sound of this lying pervert's voice back in the break room near the work station gave me the creeps. At the former store, I documented six incidents by him. Because I loved my job, I tried just ignoring his ignorance. I thought he would stop. The harassment escalated from lewd comments to his hand going down the back of the waist band of my jeans after he sat down beside me in an otherwise abandoned break room. He removed his hand when I told him he better watch it! My husband wanted to beat the "h_ _ _" out of him, but I didn't want him to be arrested for assault. I reported it to management instead and what a shake up, including my own position.

They moved me from Outside Garden to Hardware. Retaliation was so bad on day shifts that I requested to work nights on the freight team.

I came from a profession where all of my male co-workers treated me with tremendous respect. I will never LOWER myself to tolerate this kind of disrespect again, regardless of how small it is. Furthermore, I should never be EXPECTED to tolerate it.

If HD's new CEO Frank Blake means business, he will have management keep their eyes open and make them more open to believe that this garbage is going on at HD. This is horrible for employee morale. Employee morale contributes to poor customer service--the absolute bottom line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Homer D. Poe in Canton, Michigan

100 months ago

Sounds like you have a valid complaint. Why don't you write a nice registered letter to Frank Blake and drop some names explaining this. If it is documented as you state, maybe the necessary heads will roll.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Swaine in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

Prior military experience and education is completely intimidating to corporate america. Yes, we are beating up HD but the truth is that........many companies feel that way. If they cannot disqualify you through your resume and experience, they will choose to "not" hire you.

I was told that companies look at age, military experience, and education to determine their ability to place you. If you are prior military and possess education and experience over a bachelors degree, forget it. Military experience is considered a threat to people who have been raised from college at an organization.

Take me for instance. I am over 40, have 20 years of military leadership, an MBA, experience in HR, Training, and Recruiting. Now, I must admit, I am getting plenty of interviews however, 9 times out of 10, I am more qualified than the person interviewing me. Everyone wants me to "dummy down" my resume and act humble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

maliceinwonderland in New Orleans, Louisiana

98 months ago

Swaine in Atlanta, Georgia said: Prior military experience and education is completely intimidating to corporate america. Yes, we are beating up HD but the truth is that........many companies feel that way. If they cannot disqualify you through your resume and experience, they will choose to "not" hire you.

I was told that companies look at age, military experience, and education to determine their ability to place you. If you are prior military and possess education and experience over a bachelors degree, forget it. Military experience is considered a threat to people who have been raised from college at an organization.

Take me for instance. I am over 40, have 20 years of military leadership, an MBA, experience in HR, Training, and Recruiting. Now, I must admit, I am getting plenty of interviews however, 9 times out of 10, I am more qualified than the person interviewing me. Everyone wants me to "dummy down" my resume and act humble.

Swaine, I'm a former Home Depot HR, and you look like a great candidate on paper. Your education and military experience are more of a positive than a negative! I don't think it's considered "threatening". Also, it's illegal to discriminate based on age, but that's another thread.

The qualifications you have far exceed a sales associate or DH position. You need to apply through an external recruiting source like hotjobs or monster.com for a salaried position. If not, are you willing to take a pay cut? It will be tough to get $18/hr or more as an hourly associate.

I don't think the problem is your resume, education or experience. I think it's your attitude. You may be a nice guy, but that "smarter than thou" attitude is probably coming across in your interviews which won't get you a second look. Don't "dummy down" your resume. You earned those accomplishments. Dial down the attitude. Being humble simply means that you are showing respect or deference towards other people. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dickm6372 in Moultrie, Georgia

66 months ago

I'm retired so I'm not looking for a job.....but I want to comment on "no call back". On several occasions I have asked (in the store) for information on a product or service and was told I would be contacted by phone at a later date. Not once did I get a return call so I guess this practice is prevalent not only to job applicants but to consumers as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Florida USA in Florida

66 months ago

Thank you for the feed back

Home Depot never gets back when you send in an application, bad business practice in my opinion, bad ethics and morals for a company

Have an option,,,,, everyone go to Lowes not Home Depot

Vanessa in Safford, Arizona

60 months ago

Chris in Foristell, Missouri said: Sorry, your theory is wrong. I have worked there for 5+ years now. There are alot of good people that work there and help each other every day in learning the job. Also, anytime you work in retail, you have crazy hours, you should have know when you applied for the job.

I could not agree with you more! I was just hired on about 3 weeks ago and I have never worked with NICER people. They are more than willing to help when i get stuck on learning something. They never make me feel unwelcome. :0)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

116 in Whittier, California

60 months ago

I did just get out of high school and this is my 1st job,been working there 3 months but still havent seen anybody get stabbed yet..it depends which home depot you go to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl909 in San Bernardino, California

53 months ago

omg i applied today and seems this girls under dressed then me got the job and i didnt..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

VOR in Modesto, California

53 months ago

I've been looking for a part time job nights and weekends (full time student). I put on my application when I would be available (nights and weekends). I expressed to the initial phone interviewer from corporate when I would be available (nights and weekends) Then was scheduled for an in store interview during school hours. I called the store to reschedule, and they said the position may not be open for those hours.If you knew what hours you needed someone, and you knew I wasn't available from my application and first interview don't waste my time or yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

shawndecker1 in Voorhees, New Jersey

42 months ago

I've applied to HD several times to see if they are a legitimate company to work for. I have 20+ years experience in carpentry/remolding/roofing/siding ect and the online application treats everyone like they are 16 year criminals. I thought I would use my expertise in helping others in their purchasing of building products and help them further with my knowledge but no. HD would rather assume EVERYONE using the online job application form is a homeless, jobless, mentally retarded baboon. I assume it's because everyone and their son has applied there. To prove my point I've walked into many HD's and asked for something to be cut to size. Next I see a pimple faced 17 year old tell ME that I'm not qualified to operate that saw, that HE must do it. Mind you I've mastered 100's of power tools long before this squirt was even born. When he hands me my piece of wood cut 1/4" short he says "have a nice day" I just want to shoot myself. HD has a MAJOR problem with their hiring process. They would rather pay a 17 year old $8/hr as their "pro" carpentry associate who knows nothing rather than hire a true professional who can actually make a difference. They are junk employees who are hired at the right price. All it does is leave the customer guessing and coming back dis-satisfied. Again. It forces them to use the contractors in the end to answer their questions. Yet, isn't that why they went to HD in the first place, to bypass the contractor?? The place is really stupid to anyone with a clue. For those who go there looking for professional help, don't expect it. Period. HD won't hire those who know, only those who can get through the maze they call an online application and work for minimum wage!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Corey Smith in Chapin, South Carolina

40 months ago

D said: Yeah I applied there several times and haven't heard a damn thing about it. It's like if you're posting that you are hiring for all these open positions at least check out the website everyone is applying to. Then maybe you could hire some people instead of just posting now hiring.

Yeah well All of the Positions that are on the website are not all Open jobs. When you apply at Home depot you are just applying for Departments in the Store. But you have no way to know if any of those jobs are open or Not. Like with Lowe's they only post Open jobs online. So there's a different between Home Depot and Lowe's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

deedodweeb in Trenton, New Jersey

40 months ago

If you apply on-line at THD don't expect a call back. It is like applying for any other job at any other company. You should apply on-line, yes, but then go into the store where you want to work and speak with the store manager or one of the assistant store managers. Let them know you applied on-line and are very interested in a position. Make sure to get their name, phone, email (if possible) and be sure to follow up with them. If you don't hear back from someone in two weeks, follow up with them again. It is also a good idea to speak with more than one ASM if possible just so you have more than one contact to follow up with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dcw in Gastonia, North Carolina

40 months ago

I recently worked for a home services division of Home Depot and am very disappointed in the way my co-workers and I were treated. All of our jobs were moved to the Atlanta corporate office so we have all had to find new jobs, even though we had been with HD many years and were successful at our jobs we were not offered positions in the stores. i guess since this was a nationwide realignment of duties and they maybe could not place all of us in a store they did not offer any of us that option, but it was also the same week they announced the temporary hiring they were doing for Spring.

But if you are applying and want to send a follow up email to a store or department manager, all email addresses are firstname_lastname@homedepot.com Good luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zac in Virginia Beach, Virginia

39 months ago

I've only been working at Home Depot for the better part of 2 years now, but out of all of the jobs that I have held, it is the best, hands down. Granted, the pay may not be outstanding - there may be some shady activity behind the scenes, all true. However, what people like you fail to realize is that complaining isn't going to get you success. Instead of putting effort into bashing a company, why not instead go find a job that actually wants to hire people who show an uncanny display of incompetence. I have been trained by people that have been with the company for over 15 years. It isn't that they don't have good benefits, it is that they are not given easily. You actually have to thrive, and work. It is a dog eat dog world. Again, I have only worked there for 2 years, but when I have something to say, I SAY IT. Nobody will do anything about it, because I BUST MY ASS at work. I work for my worth, granting me the respect - which is obviously what the savages who worked at your store, yourself included, lack.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SgtSludge in Hartford, Connecticut

39 months ago

Home Depot wasnt that Bad to work for. The Hours did stink. They keep rotating your days and Hours as a P/T Employee it got to be to much. Fellow Employees were ok to work with. Limited Growth so its not a Career place. But otherwise It was a good P/T Job.

SgtSludge in Hartford, Connecticut

39 months ago

maliceinwonderland in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Swaine, I'm a former Home Depot HR, and you look like a great candidate on paper. Your education and military experience are more of a positive than a negative! I don't think it's considered "threatening". Also, it's illegal to discriminate based on age, but that's another thread.

The qualifications you have far exceed a sales associate or DH position. You need to apply through an external recruiting source like hotjobs or monster.com for a salaried position. If not, are you willing to take a pay cut? It will be tough to get $18/hr or more as an hourly associate.

I don't think the problem is your resume, education or experience. I think it's your attitude. You may be a nice guy, but that "smarter than thou" attitude is probably coming across in your interviews which won't get you a second look. Don't "dummy down" your resume. You earned those accomplishments. Dial down the attitude. Being humble simply means that you are showing respect or deference towards other people. Good luck.

I agree, Seems like he is looking to get in at the wrong Level.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.