Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

donthomas

127 months ago

A frind of mine was trained for a week at HD and then after a week of training was told they couldn't hire him because of his background. He had felony conviction charges over 20 years ago for possesion only of drugs. Now he's over 15 years sober and a very productive member of the community. What recourse could he take? His trainier said he would go to bat for him.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Troy Pinkard in Greensboro, North Carolina

126 months ago

I make mistake through out there life and think people deserve a second chance it shouldn't matter it an't like we are going to kills somebody or bring drugs if these company today would stop thining about our background and hire mabey they wouldn't have to put ads all the time and at this time every body need a job this has to stop cause it hurt family and this an't right.

Reply - Report abuse

donthomas

126 months ago

Thanks Troy, I Think everybody deserves a second chance too.

Reply - Report abuse

Troy Pinkard in Greensboro, North Carolina

126 months ago

Hey don tell you friend to ask for a pradon from the governor.That what I'm doing because it not right and I don't care who read this sstop looking at our past and look at our futrue that what they need to do.

Reply - Report abuse

Pamee in Vina, California

126 months ago

Troy Pinkard in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Hey don tell you friend to ask for a pradon from the governor.That what I'm doing because it not right and I don't care who read this sstop looking at our past and look at our futrue that what they need to do.

You go Troy!!! Thats what I think too...yeah!!!

Reply - Report abuse

christopherdennis in Saint Paul, Minnesota

126 months ago

I know as I have a felony. It was in 2000 and I can not find a job. I get alot of "we hired someone with more experience". Then I see they posted the same job two days later. As if I don't know what or who I had applied to/for. I am clean and sober. But in todays world it seems like if you make a mistake you no longer have a right to make a honest living. Just hang in there and prove all those stuck up @#$%^s that they are wrong. Good luck all.

Reply - Report abuse

Debbie

126 months ago

Don Thomas said: A frind of mine was trained for a week at HD and then after a week of training was told they couldn't hire him because of his background. He had felony conviction charges over 20 years ago for possesion only of drugs. Now he's over 15 years sober and a very productive member of the community. What recourse could he take? His trainier said he would go to bat for him.

Just so you know, HD's policy is not to hire anyone until the drug screen and background check has been completed. The Human Resources Mgr or whoever made the premature job offer is suppose to be fired (no second chance) if they do not follow this policy. I was to be fired but HD discovered that I was not the one who made the mistake and that I had never been oriented in their company policies even though I worked as a Store Human Resources Mgr. When I got sick and had to go on a medical LOA, they fired me (this should be a no-no) because my supervisor took my need for medical loa personally and retaliated against me. My advice, think twice before accepting job especially in mgmt since required to work min. 55 hrs week without ot pay. I sure learned my lesson!

Reply - Report abuse

D.D in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

123 months ago

does anybody know how far HD goes back to look at your record?

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.