Benefit Eligibility

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

MNPartTimer in Minneapolis, Minnesota

86 months ago

How many hours/week do you need to work at Home Depot stores in order to be eligible for medical benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

You'll only understand, in Franklin, Massachusetts

83 months ago

You must complete your trial period if your a new hire-3 months 90 days and your window is short so monitor it, also if part time 20 hrs 1/2 benefits and of coursr 40 full coverage. Make sure once you complete your 90 day period you fill out your documentation and get it into HR or go on line to complete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

53 months ago

Don't waste your time even trying. They will let you go before you become elligible for benefits and tell you that you are elligible for rehire, knowing full-well that they have no intention of ever rehiring you. This is a sleazy business. They got to be where they are on the backs of their employess. This is truly the most thankless company I have ever worked for. I feel sorry for the ones still working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

53 months ago

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario said: Don't waste your time even trying. They will let you go before you become elligible for benefits and tell you that you are elligible for rehire, knowing full-well that they have no intention of ever rehiring you. This is a sleazy business. They got to be where they are on the backs of their employess. This is truly the most thankless company I have ever worked for. I feel sorry for the ones still working there.

Not true, they discontinued their temp only hiring policy. they're back to the old way where everyone is a permanent employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

53 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Not true, they discontinued their temp only hiring policy. they're back to the old way where everyone is a permanent employee.

Maybe in the States but not in Canada. They hire you for 90 or 120 days and let you know on the last day that they are not keeping you. It's cheaper that way. This is a company that does not care about customers or employees and that, my friends is the truth (something that Americans are not used to dealing in).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

desert lady in Rancho Cucamonga, California

53 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Not true, they discontinued their temp only hiring policy. they're back to the old way where everyone is a permanent employee.

I was just scheduled today for an interview at Home Depot and I was told over the phone that all employees are hired as temporary employees and that at the end of the 90 day period an employee may or may not be offered continuing employment. I've heard the same from several companies, so it seems to be a pretty common practice.

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

53 months ago

Desert Lady, do yourself a huge favor and do not accept a job with Home Depot.
If you choose to, I am 100% sure that you will eventually come to the conclusion that it was a mistake to do so. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

desert lady in Rancho Cucamonga, California

53 months ago

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario said: Desert Lady, do yourself a huge favor and do not accept a job with Home Depot.
If you choose to, I am 100% sure that you will eventually come to the conclusion that it was a mistake to do so. Good Luck.

I'm curious, why do you say that? Is it just because of the 90 or 120 day probationary period? Every company out there seems to be doing that now. Or is there some other reason?

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

53 months ago

desert lady in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I'm curious, why do you say that? Is it just because of the 90 or 120 day probationary period? Every company out there seems to be doing that now. Or is there some other reason?

Read all of the different threads. There are alot of unhappy employees out there. I can tell you from person experience that what they are saying is true. Just be prepared for the job to only last the 90 or 120 days and do not buy into the whole "We are one big, happy family" routine that they try to brainwash you with during the training. That is just managers saying what they are being told to say. As a new employee, you will be dumped on by the permanent employees and expected to do what they would never do, only to find out in the end that they are not keeping you. Consider the different threads in here to be a warning of what the place is really like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

2dz1luv in Riverside, California

52 months ago

I just interviewed on Wednesday evening, and I was also told that there is a 90 probationary period. I am not offended or worried by it, I see it as a smart way to do business actually. Not everyone they hire is going to be for the job, and this is a nicer way of letting someone go if they are not in fact suitable for the job in which they were hired.

Of course there are going to be a lot of unhappy employees on these forums, if they were happy they would not be on here looking to complain... The happy employees are all at work, working!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

52 months ago

2dz1luv in Riverside, California said: I just interviewed on Wednesday evening, and I was also told that there is a 90 probationary period. I am not offended or worried by it, I see it as a smart way to do business actually. Not everyone they hire is going to be for the job, and this is a nicer way of letting someone go if they are not in fact suitable for the job in which they were hired.

Of course there are going to be a lot of unhappy employees on these forums, if they were happy they would not be on here looking to complain... The happy employees are all at work, working!!!

Maybe they are not all happy. Maybe the only reason they are there is because they so desperatly need the money. When I was there, there were alot of very unhappy people working there. I am truly glad to no longer be working there. The unlucky ones are the ones who are still there, putting up with the same, tired, boring old crap from the same tired, boring old Home Depot managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.