Cutting salaried Assistants?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah

105 months ago

I have heard that they are looking at reducing the number of assistant managers assigned to each store. Has anyone else heard this?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

HomeDepotGuy in Atlanta, Georgia

105 months ago

They are working on it now. As soon as the HR service center is up and running and re structure is complete. The talk around here is after the summer depending on which model they go with. I have seen one with one assistant and one store manager than I have seen one where they are going to have zone managers and no assistants. It is salaried at 36,000 a year for 45 hours a week and is supposed to be the gateway to store manager so people have no choice but to take it.

Reply - Report abuse

HomeDepotGuy in Atlanta, Georgia

105 months ago

CHECK OUT ORANGE BLOOD MSN GROUP MANY ASSOCIATES FROM THE SSC, DISTRICT MANAGERS, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENTS, AND STORE ASSOCIATES ARE MEMBERS. PEOPLE IN THE KNOW ABOUT PENDING CHANGES POST WITHOUT GIVING UP THEIR IDENTITY. IN THE MEAN TIME DO THE BEST YOU CAN IF YOU ARE A GREAT WORKER YOUR STORE MANAGER MAY BE ABLE TO SAVE YOU. IF YOU ARE DOOMED UPDATE YOUR RESUME..

Reply - Report abuse

h2o in Atlanta, Georgia

105 months ago

I am currently an ASM in one of the local Home Depot stores I was wondering how true is the message posted above. Is it 8 months out just like the rumor of the departing HR's that came out and everyone denied until it happened last week

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

sandeigoflethcer in san diego, California

94 months ago

Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I have heard that they are looking at reducing the number of assistant managers assigned to each store. Has anyone else heard this?

get ready and protect yourself. I suggest looking on employment rights type sites like the eeoc and reporting some of the abuses you all know the company does. once you have reported an unfair or dangerous situation at work, this should protect you from getting fired for some trumped up fake policy violation they will use to get rid of you or keep your bonuses. we all know there are daily hazmat and eeoc violations. report them and stay safe. if they still fire you for some fake reason they trump up, you will have stronger legal recourse. I found this out as i looked around for legal info after the local san diego group trumped up something and put me on admin leave and subsequently fired me the same week they layed off 7000. do it if you are a good asm and protect your job.

Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

94 months ago

The first indication I got that this asm elimination threat is real, is when they made myself and 4 other Dept Heads "key carriers" they've never had more than 2 non ASM key carriers before. Their plan is to cut their asm force in half, and let DHs pretty much take over their work load. For the most part you can hire 3 DHs for the price of 1 ASM...

Reply - Report abuse

sandeigoflethcer in san diego, California

94 months ago

masterspec.. you will be safe for a time. Please do yourself a favor and review most SOP and progressive discipline information Follow it all the time, even if you are rushed for time and that is the way "it used to be done" . Your liability increases significantly professionally and yes personally. Help your Company survive as they cut the smaller payroll(ASM maxes out at 60,000 not like the DM or other exec. ) Remember to also review EEOC web, agricultural commissioner web, Hazmat compliance, this is the way the law wants it(not necessarily the Home Depot way)
Remember to get paid for every hour you work, take your breaks,leave the store for lunch.

Reply - Report abuse

ricardovalle in Torrance, California

91 months ago

Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I have heard that they are looking at reducing the number of assistant managers assigned to each store. Has anyone else heard this?
It depends on the volume of the store N of course your DM

Reply - Report abuse

ricardovalle in Torrance, California

91 months ago

it depends on the volume of the store N of course your DM

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.