HR Managers getting fired

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 229)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

queeny in lemont

76 months ago

Paul1947 in Shickshinny, Pennsylvania said: I heard today that all HR Managers in stores below 35 million will be fired in the 2nd quarter.

has anyone heard about the scheduler losing their jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Redy2run in Georgia

76 months ago

queeny
Are you a scheduler?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DrPepper in fort lauderdale, Florida

76 months ago

From what I read the schedulers will be reassigned as the Associate Coordinators,take some class with the SM and become an Administrative assistant to the SM

Redy2run in Georgia

76 months ago

Where did u read about the Administrative Asst. at?

SHRM THD in UpNorth, Minnesota

76 months ago

I know several HRs that went home crying more than once about what the THD was making them do to the IMA's and freight teams. It was very personal, they knew they were changing someone's life forever. One actually quit before she had a nervous breakdown over it. All the HR's I know feel a responsiblity for their associates. Personally I am still working over 60 hrs a week (even after I was told my job ceases to exit after 4/30) to get my store staffed. Not for the company but for my associates who are suffering on the sales floor without adequate help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

SHRM THD in UpNorth, Minnesota

76 months ago

HRinCO in Colorado said: It was officially announced today. Over 2000 store HRs will now be vying for a few new district positions.

Interesting how they were able to make the announcement to get rid of HR's on Wed and announce new DHRM's on Friday. Never even saw the opening posted for this position. All positions will not be filled based on N+2, but will be filled through pre-selection that was established months ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio

76 months ago

Dear Homers not fair Florida, I am offended by your comment directed to me. You do not know what I did for my freight team or IMA's. Every one was placed (all at the same pay rate)and are happy in their new positions. I made sure they were taken care of. People were deeply disturbed over that situation. What did your HR and SM do for you? Were you assigned to pd team or did you accept the job. It is bad enough what THD does to it's employees, don't need negative here. My suggestion would be sue them or get over it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

The scheduler job title has been changed to Associate Coordinator. They will do schedule, set up interviews, enter Homer awards, new hire paper work. This was all a part of the reorganization information sent out by email. They DO NOT have to reapply for their jobs. They are SAFE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

HDNOMORE in Indiana said: Homer Dumped On,
The facts are they did not take care of all the IMA's and Freight Team. IMA's took a large paycut if they stayed as an IMS and Freight Team had to go from full time to part time or find another position. These positions were not high dollar an hour positions and many IMA's still took pay cuts some even had to leave the company.

I can say we did not move or lose anyone or take anyone's pay away. We can say we did the right thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: WE ARE DONE>>>HEARD IT WITH MY OWN SHRM EARS!!! In Pittsburgh market they told us via conference call with RVP that we are done and will no longer work as of May1st. 60 days pay (not sure if it will be a lump sum or not. All HRMS and SMS were on the call. RVP read a cold hearted script. Reason to put more aprons on the floor. Going back the ADCs and DHRM. Will be 4 in Pittsburgh already preselected to be announced by name tomorrow in Pittsburgh. Want to see them explain that hi pos got the jobs. Selection is to be based on the best qualified for the job not Enclouraged to apply for other jobs that will be on line tomorrow. That is called preselection. I want to see them explain how those people were selected for the jobs. EEOC here we come. offering out placement help and EAP. Screw that. I gave up a great career to join this cut throat company. What did you hear? There will be no more aprons on the floor. They should get rid of the incompetent ASMS they have..Schedulers to get most of hr stuff to do. Good Luck to all of you. I am miserable but glad to leave the fear filled culture. God Bless everyone.

I will reply to you after the selections process (that has already been determined). Talk about pre selection and a large case against HD. Can't comment yet, since retaliation is a best practice in our area.

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: I think there is a huge class action coming....by the way it's been a hostile work environment for a long time...

I agree, and I can not wait. It is almost a relief that this has happened. Hopefully someone will do something.

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio said: First, we need to get serious and do something. This could be a monumental class action suit! Trust me I have a law degree. Very few working at THD have the required background they list on the job description. Others who do were not selected. Can you see them try to justify what a O means in court...In tnis area we are reviewing employment law attorneys.I know a few but we need to pick the best.Have you read the "new" Associate Coordinator job description.Sounds like an HR Mgr to me - same duties. Also if you are a gay woman unfortunately you are through now in HR. they also preach to call and "reach out to RHRM-RHRD". If anyone is successful let us know. we are being treated like trash right now...well maybe not a lot different than usual. How may of you are over 40 or female? Hang in there. help is on the way

I'm in

homersnotfair in Florida

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio said: Dear Homers not fair Florida, I am offended by your comment directed to me. You do not know what I did for my freight team or IMA's. Every one was placed (all at the same pay rate)and are happy in their new positions. I made sure they were taken care of. People were deeply disturbed over that situation. What did your HR and SM do for you? Were you assigned to pd team or did you accept the job. It is bad enough what THD does to it's employees, don't need negative here. My suggestion would be sue them or get over it.

As I said.. it was not an attempt to offend anyone. We are all speaking only of our own and very personal situations. When our SM met with the IMA's over this, we were informed that it would cost us as a team anywhere from a $3 to $6 an hour paycut.
Then as we were reeling from that news our SM left the company (with a little help from our DM and RHRM.
We floundered as a store and as individuals. They sent in a few temp SM for almost 3 weeks and because these SM knew they were only 'babysitting' know one could commit to an answer. We also had our HR transferred out 2 days after the announcement was made.
We got a new HR almost,the end of Feb. 7 HR transfers in our area during the the middle/end of Feb.
Therefore there was no history, no understanding, basically no guidance. As I previously stated, we are all posting about our own personal experiance. I'm not implying that there's no such thing as a wonderful HRM, just the facts in our district. I believe our RHRM/DM did this on purpose to upset the natural balance in and between stores. But that is only speculation on my part, something that will never be able to be proven.
Insofar as suing Florida is an 'at will, Right to work state'. The only protection we have as employees is protection from retaliation. As this was a compant wide decision that's not applicable. In Florida you can be let go with no reason required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

homersnotfair in Florida

76 months ago

cont.... We as a district had 8-19 year veterans let go because of the pay status issue. The financial move from a D payband to a B payband was too much to ask. But here in Florida you can collect partial unemploment for lost hours, my lost 20 hours a week translates into a $59 weekly check from the state. Hardly adequate compensation. The maximum you can collect for complete unemploment is $262 per week!
I apologize once again if you took offense.. maybe others out there will realize as bad as they think they have it there are other areas where it's even worse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Good to hear from those who are in...We can make a difference for ourselves since THD did not care to have us do it for them. One of the other HRS in my area as well as his sister hold law degrees as well. THD is not prepared for this. I have seen how they just settle every case so they do not have to respond. Additionally, since they did away with the majority of their law department it should be easier than ever- especially since they were wrong. Hang in everyone. I understand the retalliation factor. Florida and every state out there is covered by the federal equal employment opportunity commission regulations. There is hope for you. I think you said you were over 40 which is all you need to be in this situation. Hey on a lighter note, maybe Oprah will book us! God Bless...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DJC

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On -

What law school did you go to? Just because one person is discharged over the age of 40 does not make a suit. It is possible for one person or even a percentage of persons to be let go over a certain age without there being discrimination. At will employment allows persons to be terminated without must justification. Removal of the position through restructuring - even if they rename the position and then hire a brand new person into that position is legal. You need to have either someone stupid enough to claim it is because the person being let go is over a particular age or you need to have the entire group that is discharged be over a certain age. Further if you are giving legal advice on these boards, I hope that you passed the bar. By stating that you went to law school and you know does not make you qualified and you are opening yourself up to liability when the suit fails.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

DJC said: Homer Dumped On -

What law school did you go to? Just because one person is discharged over the age of 40 does not make a suit. It is possible for one person or even a percentage of persons to be let go over a certain age without there being discrimination. At will employment allows persons to be terminated without must justification. Removal of the position through restructuring - even if they rename the position and then hire a brand new person into that position is legal. You need to have either someone stupid enough to claim it is because the person being let go is over a particular age or you need to have the entire group that is discharged be over a certain age. Further if you are giving legal advice on these boards, I hope that you passed the bar. By stating that you went to law school and you know does not make you qualified and you are opening yourself up to liability when the suit fails.

Bravo DJC, you are correct in your statement, HOWEVER, the selection process is a different matter. I can prove without a shadow of a doubt the negligence in this process. I have never been on these forums and just needed an outlet due to the fact that I cannot voice my opinion or concerns without losing my position. Oh did I tell you I still have a position with HD. However, I came to the company because of its values, and it is sad that people can affect other peoples lives for their PERSONAL gain not the company's.

DJC

76 months ago

Negligent hiring is based on the theory that employers have a commitment to defend their staff and clients from harm caused by their employees. An employer can be found guilty of negligent hiring practices if they have any inkling that the employee may create a hostile work environment or if they simply blow off the entire background verification process, and that employee proceeds to harm a fellow worker.

I copied the above passage off the following website: www.forthepeople.com/negligent_hiring.htm

Ask yourself if the information you have falls into the above outlined elements.

I am an Attorney in Connecticut.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

DJC said:

Do you know if this action triggers the WARN Act?

DJC

76 months ago

The Warn Act trigger is based on a percentage of workforce reduced - if it is 500 or more employees or 33% of the workforce affected, the answer is yes. That 33% means the total workforce not just the HR department. If so, then an employer is required to provide 60 days (calendar - not work days) notice of the reduction. The employees do not have to be allowed to work during those 60 days but must be paid for the appropriate hours. However they can be allowed to work. So for example, during those 60 days if an employee regularly worked 40 hours they would have to be paid for 40 hours for 8 weeks. Most companies provide notice on Thursday at the close of business so that they can start the calendar ticking on Friday and get an extra weekend in. Hope this answers your question.

I noticed that you copied the part of my previous post that said I am an Attorney in Connecticut - I am not providing particularized legal advice and I am licensed only in Connecticut.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

DJC said:

I noticed that you copied the part of my previous post that said I am an Attorney in Connecticut - I am not providing particularized legal advice and I am licensed only in Connecticut.

I understand and am not seeking any legal advice. I'm simply curious because my understanding is that while over 500 HRs will be affected, they are not located at a single site. Strictly reading the law, it would appear WARN isn't applicable; however, I do understand that often with law there are rulings made that go beyond the simple interpretations. I'm wondering if HD's offer of 60 day's pay is simply them being "nice" or if they were under some obligation due to the WARN Act.

I'm also curious about how this will affect our 401(k) accounts. I know from previous layoffs where I was involved and the WARN Act applied, that we were obligated to automatically vest employees in the company contributions.

DJC

76 months ago

You are correct that the 60 days of pay and benefits are for Warn. If they are removing 401K from your pay then they do have to put it into your 401K however, much like your personal days and sick days - the company does not have to match what they take after your "notice" date. In other words, while you are on what they call a severance pay which on your pay stub will most likely be referred to as a "RIF" standing for reduction in force, they do not have to match your 401K contributions.

I was insinuating that you were asking for advice - I was just performing a CYA. (LOL)

Hope this helped.

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

DJC said: Negligent hiring is based on the theory that employers have a commitment to defend their staff and clients from harm caused by their employees. An employer can be found guilty of negligent hiring practices if they have any inkling that the employee may create a hostile work environment or if they simply blow off the entire background verification process, and that employee proceeds to harm a fellow worker.

I copied the above passage off the following website: www.forthepeople.com/negligent_hiring.htm

Ask yourself if the information you have falls into the above outlined elements.

I would like to explain the situation, but under the circumstances I cannot at this time. I would really like to see what your opinion is. Thanks for the information. By the way what is an Attorney from Connecticut doing on this forum?

DJC in Naugatuck, Connecticut

76 months ago

You are most welcome. I have a friend who is under a similar situation as the HR Managers but he is from another company. Due to his 60 day severance not being up yet, I cannot share more information. When doing a search on recent job reductions I came across this issue and was reading. At that point, I noticed some unusual information and did not want people who have already been mistreated to then suffer the disappointment of being mislead. I will check back now and then and if I can be of any help I would be more than glad to do what I can.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

DJC said: You are correct that the 60 days of pay and benefits are for Warn.

Upon further consideration, I don't believe it is...

First of all, there was not the official written notice required by WARN. Verbal announcements (such as the telephone conference calls that were held) and press releases (such as the notice posted on My Apron) do not satisfy the WARN requirements. There were written "speaking points" delivered to the Store Managers that might have satisfied the requirements, but they were explicitly instructed not to distribute copies to anyone.

Also, there does not appear to have been notice filed with my state's Rapid Response Dislocated Worker's Unit... a primary requirement of WARN.

Additionally, pay in lieu of the 60 day notice is not recognized as satisfying the requirements of the WARN Act. While offering to pay the 60 days pay would relieve any penalties should this action be found to trigger WARN, it still does not satisfy the 60 day notice required. HRMs were given only 29 days notice.

As there are no contractual or regulatory obligations to give notice, the 60 days of pay and benefits given to HRMs appears to be strictly severance. This is an important issue to recognize as it may affect unemployment benefits... while pay in lieu of notice is typically deducted from unemployment benefits, severance is not.

HomeDepotGuy in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

All this talk of lawsuits and WARN act is not going to get anybody anywhere. No lawsuits will stick the company has been extensively researching this for months and they know the legal aspects of it. Many on here think Frank Blake woke up one morning and yawned and was like "I am going to get rid of HR today". It did not happen that way so all the sudo lawyers quit trying to give people hope. This is how the company has become after the dust settles from the HR change assistant store managers and supervisors will be re structured next. All the cost cutting and by the way Frank's compensation was increased by a few million dollars as well as the Division Pres and Evp's because the increases in inflation. Sweet deal lay people off then line your pockets I can't wait for my job to be eliminated.~

sweetpea08 in Illinois

76 months ago

What do you do for Home Depot? I am a HR manager.... Till May 1st....

DJC in Naugatuck, Connecticut

76 months ago

Homer, I have no anger. I have no idea to what you are referring? What I do have is a law degree and a bar admission. I had misunderstood and thought that written notice had been given at the meeting. Futher, many companies do not want to find out later that they were in violation and have to owe employees the 60 days so they are doing it. Reduces future litigation. The other reason in this case for providing the 60 days is public relations.

Homer, I noticed you responded to me but never shared what law school you went to.

queeny in lemont

76 months ago

Considering this is a "lateral" move for schedulers with all the added work, is a raise within reason?

Redy2run in Georgia

76 months ago

A group of us HD associates went on a Autism walk in Atlanta today. We met Bernie Marcus,took a picture with him and told him just how much we missed him!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

DJC - It was not an oversight to share my AM but intentional. I am one of an elite few who work (ed) for THD to have been graduated from this school. On July 1st when this is done I will post my curriculum vitae. Oh, and your AM would be?

76 months ago

TO HR In Colorado, The SM gave me copies of everything as did most of the other sms in my market. One of the DM's actually sent it via email to the HRS. What do you think.

Sara Anderson in Cartersville, Georgia

76 months ago

I honestly don't think HD would eliminate any ASM positions... they just added a 3rd ASM to low-volume stores. Why bother if you are going to start eliminating positions this quickly? Besides, HR is usually the last to go in rounds of layoffs because they have to do all of the related work. I don't see anymore store layoffs honestly. I wish everyone at HD the best... I had a lot of fun working here.

Sandy Beach in Destin, Florida

76 months ago

Since there seems to be a shortage of people on the floors of HD's everywhere, give the HR's aprons and the chance to take those positions, at lower salaries like many of the long-time dedicated troopers and even store managers who have bled orange for years. I'm sure they could use the help. Not to be rude, but it would definitely open their eyes and possibly hearts to what illogical practices and policies can do to employee morale. They truly would know how understaffed and overworked the associates have been since the reign of Nardelli. It wouldn't be punishment, it would only make them a better HR person at the next place they're hired to have that life experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

H2o in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

Any more truth about all ASM's losing their jobs not just Ops? How true is this and are Managers the next to go.

LivingTheDream HomeDepot

76 months ago

H2o in Atlanta, Georgia said: Any more truth about all ASM's losing their jobs not just Ops? How true is this and are Managers the next to go.

I have an idea, not that it would go anywhere, but what if Frank Blake had a town hall with several of the HRM's on their way out. Wouldn't he be surprised! He would have to peel the layers to get to the true issues with his company. Could you see the faces of the DM's and upper leaders. Then they would really find out the inconsistencies and lack of living the values. He would see the unfair practices, forced pencil whipping, and lies his regions tell. I would pay to see that. Would have a lot of DM's running scared. Makes me smile just thinking about it. To be honest if I was a CEO I would like to hear what everyone has to say.

Sue2you in Macomb, Michigan

76 months ago

LivingTheDream HomeDepot said: I have an idea, not that it would go anywhere, but what if Frank Blake had a town hall with several of the HRM's on their way out. Wouldn't he be surprised! He would have to peel the layers to get to the true issues with his company. Could you see the faces of the DM's and upper leaders. Then they would really find out the inconsistencies and lack of living the values. He would see the unfair practices, forced pencil whipping, and lies his regions tell. I would pay to see that. Would have a lot of DM's running scared. Makes me smile just thinking about it. To be honest if I was a CEO I would like to hear what everyone has to say.

What a wonderful idea!

Disposable HR in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

I just got through working some math. Wanna see?

Let's say the company eliminated 2,200 jobs, but they are going to fill about half of them (just to round off the math). That's 1,100 jobs eliminated. Let's multiply that by an average yearly salary of $50,000. That's $55,000,000 per year the company is saving. That's not accurate since they are funding the support stuff, but again, just for easier math. Divide $55,000,000 by 2,200 stores and that's $25,000 per store per year. Divide that by 52 weeks per year, and divide that by an average wage of $12/hour and you get 40 hours per week. That's right, we lost our jobs so the company could put ONE more full-time apron on the floor.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio said: TO HR In Colorado, The SM gave me copies of everything as did most of the other sms in my market. One of the DM's actually sent it via email to the HRS. What do you think.

I have a copy, too, plus all the other supporting documents that they sent out to the SMs... and I think it doesn't make one iota of difference.

As Home Depot has a slew of labor attorneys at their disposal, my guess would be that if this action did trigger the WARN Act, there would be no question... it would have been done properly. Whether HD is ethical may be debatable, but they aren't stupid.

The only reason the WARN Act matters at all in this case is so that those affected have the proper information; it affects determination as to whether the 60 days pay is considered in lieu of notice or severance... which in turn affect unemployment claims.

All the conjecture and speculation about lawsuits, etc. is really moot. We may not like the decision or how they've handled it, but it doesn't appear that Home Depot has done anything illegal.

It's time to let it go and move on.

Just my two cents. ;)

76 months ago

Disposable HR in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just got through working some math. Wanna see?

Let's say the company eliminated 2,200 jobs, but they are going to fill about half of them (just to round off the math). That's 1,100 jobs eliminated. Let's multiply that by an average yearly salary of $50,000. That's $55,000,000 per year the company is saving. That's not accurate since they are funding the support stuff, but again, just for easier math. Divide $55,000,000 by 2,200 stores and that's $25,000 per store per year. Divide that by 52 weeks per year, and divide that by an average wage of $12/hour and you get 40 hours per week. That's right, we lost our jobs so the company could put ONE more full-time apron on the floor.

Maybe they are just trying to undo what Nardelli did and this is the first layer of the onion that will be peeled.

blood orange in eastern, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio said: . . . Also if you are a gay woman unfortunately you are through now in HR. they also preach to call and "reach out to RHRM-RHRD". If anyone is successful let us know. we are being treated like trash right now...well maybe not a lot different than usual. How may of you are over 40 or female? Hang in there. help is on the way

Homer this is not specifically directed at you

I am an SHRM, openly gay and female over 40. Even at this juncture, I don't feel as if I'm being treated any differently than I have been for the past 7 years; I was hired with the first wave of exernal HRMs.
Truth of the matter is, the natural reaction is anger when news of this nature is announced. While I agree it stinks, especially when it only adds about 40 hours (my math yielded the same number). Looking for someone to blame is not going to help any of us, or the associates in our buildings. While some may say they don't express these 'tense' views at work, they do without realizing it. With 2 weeks left, we as a community need to do the right thing for the ones we are leaving behind; the ASMs, SM and most importantly the associates. Good luck to all of you weather you decide to stay or go; I hope you all find peace

CO Catbert in Colorado

76 months ago

I agree with you, Blood Orange in Eastem. What I am trying to focus on is staying positive for the associates, DSs, and ASMs. There are a lot of nervous people out there who are all questioning what is going to happen next. The most frustrating thing I am experiencing at the moment is the lack of communication (i.e. changing MyApron without notification). As I am working these last couple of weeks, I am still expected to do the same job but they are starting to take some of my tools away. I am trying to pull back to give more responsibility to the scheduler “Associate Coordinator” and the ASMs but they have not been given much information about their new roles. As for the SMs, in this district, the training for their new responsibilities is not until the second week of May. I know this should not concern me, but I still feel a duty to the associates. It is going to be hard not to call after May 1 to check in and make sure everyone is OK.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

partytymekaraoke in Indiana said:

...I had an experience today that i want to get opinions about weather it was done correctly or if it was not handled correct.

You are correct in that disciplinary actions are supposed to be approved by the HR before being given. However, no... the HRM is not required to be present.

You do say that the LP contacted the LPM... it is possible that the LPM sought advice and received approval from the RHRM for the disciplinary action. That would be acceptable if it was done prior to you being given the disciplinary notice.

I suspect that some type of action would be supported as it would be reasonable to assume that you should have been aware of the restrictions against ringing yourself up... it is an issue that is covered during orientation, it is in the Code of Conduct (which you should be aware of), and it is also covered in cashier training.

I do understand your frustration in this situation. I would be appalled at the extensive investigation made into what might be considered a minor misunderstanding. I would feel embarrassment at knowing that my honesty was under scrutiny. However, that is what LPs do. In the same way that their zealousness can stop the criminal loss, they can also provide enough evidence to indicate that it was simply a mistake.

Just realize that what you've received is essentially a warning... do not ring yourself out again and this incident is behind you.

I would encourage you to visit with your HRM if you still feel this action is unwarranted or was handled badly.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

Partytymekaraoke, I would encourage you to please use the open door policy and visit with your HRM or Store Manager about your concerns. If they are not available or you do not feel comfortable talking to either of them, you should contact your Regional HRM or even use the Aware Line. Telephone numbers for both should be posted in your breakroom.

76 months ago

PghDan in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: They are opening distribution ctrs every where - check hd careers - there will be hrs there. Heard info from reliable source - SHRMS are going to be gone - only in job 18 months myself. In my area they have preselected those "favorite hrs" that will be given a couple buildings to run. A haven for lawsuits awaits!

They let a bunch of their legal department go as well. Isn't Frank Blake an attorney?

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

partytymekaraoke in Indiana said: We all really know how the closed door policy really works. once you complain about something then you are soon gone.

I am sorry that you feel that way. The open door policy CAN work. If you believe your store management cannot be trusted to be fair and impartial, then use the Aware Line. The Aware Line is an outside service that reports calls to the corporate level. The calls are not just filed away or ignored. Believe me... management must investigate and answer to the company for every call.

If you do not wish to use the Aware Line, you can always contact your District or Regional management directly. There is a wonderful lady who is the Employment Practices Manager for your area, as well. If you have to, call another store in your area to ask for telephone numbers or email addresses for the Regional HR Director or Regional VP or Regional Employment Practices Manager. Even if you can only get their name, most Home Depot email addresses are firstname_lastname@homedepot.com.

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

HR in CO you must live in a fantasy world. Employment Practices is as backstabbing as any other District position. The AWARELINE is your best bet. If that doesn't work EEOC is always there

Dottie in San Diego, California

76 months ago

Mamma Bear---Amen to that!

caddblue in Selden, New York

76 months ago

this is not a new concept. It is gone over in orientation AND in cashier training. It is in code of conduct also, I believe. We are not the only company to do this. Bet you're part of the group that does not know you can't accept tips and gratuities either. The "video" is actually kept for quite some time as it is stored on computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lost in space in California

76 months ago

partytymekaraoke in Indiana said: I was told today this should have been a Human Resource issue to correct not a LPS issue. Should it have been.?

Hey Party, The simple fact of the matter is that you and your fellow co-workers violated Home Depot's "Code of Conduct". What you were doing would be considered a Major Work Rule Violation which has grounds for immediate termination. You are lucky to still have a job at this point. Sounds like the LP was giving you a break here. And by the way, till management does fall under a Loss Prevention Issue. Bottom line, seek help from your HR to obtain all this information you say you were never told (or did not retain), learn it and MOVE ON!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.