HR Managers getting fired

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 229)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

Their sharing AIS information is also a violation of Code of Conduct and could get you both fired. Report it immediately either directly to LP or through the Awareline or MYTHDHR. You don't know if you were singled out because the others may not have wanted to disclose their finals to you. The company will not tell you as it is confidential. You don't knw for sure you were singled out. Accept you were wrong, get over it and move on. Don't allow anyone to give you their AIS numbers and report it when it happens. You can still have a long productive career with HD even with the final. It's your choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Has Questions in Madison, Ohio

76 months ago

I want to know if any of you have found an interesting "new" interview packet in "My Office" (located where the Master Trades interview packets are) for a position of HR Supervisor? I did not notice this until today. Did I just miss it in the past? I wonder if our insider on this blog in Atlanta can shed any light? Are they going to turn around in a few months and replace the HRM's with supervisors?

Best wishes to all of the HRM's in their job searches. It is a shame that many ASM positions were filled right before April 2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fired from THD in Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Mark Has Questions in Madison, Ohio said: I want to know if any of you have found an interesting "new" interview packet in "My Office" (located where the Master Trades interview packets are) for a position of HR Supervisor? I did not notice this until today. Did I just miss it in the past? I wonder if our insider on this blog in Atlanta can shed any light? Are they going to turn around in a few months and replace the HRM's with supervisors?

Best wishes to all of the HRM's in their job searches. It is a shame that many ASM positions were filled right before April 2.

The HR Supervisor SIG was on My Apron for months, maybe even a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LivingTheDream HomeDepot in Kentucky

76 months ago

HRinCO in Colorado said: If it is a fantasy world, then at least it's not one wrapped in bitterness and mistrust. As it is, I happen to know the Employment Practices Manager in Party's area.

I also happen to know enough about HR to understand that the EEOC would be of little help in this case based on what Party has said so far. The EEOC investigates practices that discriminate against individuals based on some protected class: age, gender, race, etc. While Party might feel he is being targeted, the EEOC will not step in unless compelling evidence is presented showing that the actions taken against party are because of discrimination based on one of the protected classes.

The fact remains that Party was violating company policy and the company is well within its rights to take disciplinary action for that violation. On the surface it appears that the best course for Party would be to pursue what he originally questioned... that the action itself violated company policy. Now if Party has some solid reason to believe that only associates over 40 (male, Muslim, disabled, or some other protected class) are being disciplined for violating company rules, then he might have a good case for the EEOC.

I happen to know that team in the Indiana area as well, and can confirm that the open door policy does not work if you have a complaint against any of the regional or district leadership. I also know that if anyone was brave enough they could have an EEOC complaint with enough backing. I guess your one of the chosen ones.

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

LivingTheDream HomeDepot in Kentucky said: I happen to know that team in the Indiana area as well, and can confirm that the open door policy does not work if you have a complaint against any of the regional or district leadership. I also know that if anyone was brave enough they could have an EEOC complaint with enough backing. I guess your one of the chosen ones.

The individual I know isn't part of any team in Indiana... she covers a much broader area than that, but be that as it may, I believe Party's complaint wasn't against anyone at the district or regional level, but rather the management in his store and his store's LPI. It appears, though, that Party has decided to move on from the issue.

As far as the EEOC, I doubt seriously if bravery has anything to do with meeting their jurisdictional criteria, however, believe what you will.

I'm not entirely certain what you meant by my being a "chosen one", but for what it's worth, my employment with Home Depot is ending along with many others next week. Do I believe that there are some serious problems within the company? You bet I do. However, I'm just not going to let it get to me... it's not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mindtap in saginaw, Michigan

76 months ago

Here is an email I got from Frank Blake- now stop your panicking:
Many thanks for your note. I don’t know what the rumors are on the internet, but let me assure you we’re not planning on eliminating ASM positions (and this isn’t one of those ‘I assure you nothing’s happening’ notes that gets followed by the very thing happening shortly after). I fundamentally agree with you that ASMs are vital to the company’s future…that’s why we started the stock grant program last year.

We did announce changes in Expo on ASMs…maybe the rumor got started from that.

Frank

Home Depot HR in Sacramento, California said: I am an HR being let go, and I am doubtfull about getting one of the district jobs, I have seen preselection already when it comes to management positions.

My concern is the I had entertained moving to an ASM position but the post about OPS ASM's is not making me feel too good. Has anyone else heard that rumor? With only a couple ASM's are we going to let DS's run the store now?

Homer Dumped On in Pitt? Any more words?

I wish I would of looked on here a couple months ago and saw the HR rumors....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HRinCO in Colorado

76 months ago

mindtap in saginaw, Michigan said: Here is an email I got from Frank Blake- now stop your panicking:

Many thanks for your note. I don'€™t know what the rumors are on the internet, but let me assure you we'€™re not planning on eliminating ASM positions (and this isn'€™t one of those "€˜I assure you nothing'€™s happening"€™ notes that gets followed by the very thing happening shortly after). I fundamentally agree with you that ASMs are vital to the company'€™s future€; that'€™s why we started the stock grant program last year.

We did announce changes in Expo on ASMs; maybe the rumor got started from that.

Frank

Not to encourage panicking, but well... they denied the rumors about HRMs, too. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

mindtap in saginaw, Michigan said: Here is an email I got from Frank Blake- now stop your panicking:
Many thanks for your note. I don’t know what the rumors are on the internet, but let me assure you we’re not planning on eliminating ASM positions (and this isn’t one of those ‘I assure you nothing’s happening’ notes that gets followed by the very thing happening shortly after). I fundamentally agree with you that ASMs are vital to the company’s future…that’s why we started the stock grant program last year.

We did announce changes in Expo on ASMs…maybe the rumor got started from that.

Frank

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but they did deny the HR rumors at very high levels as early as last Sept and very convincingly. One RHRM denied it adamantly three days before the layoff and they continued to hire the position up to a month before the layoffs. It is well known this management group has been fascinated with the grocery model for awhile. Also, did you really expect Frank to confirm it?
I'm with HR in CO and don't want to inspire panic but they do have a season to get through. Look for it in the fall/winter season

frank lopez in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: I hate to burst anyone's bubble but they did deny the HR rumors at very high levels as early as last Sept and very convincingly. One RHRM denied it adamantly three days before the layoff and they continued to hire the position up to a month before the layoffs. It is well known this management group has been fascinated with the grocery model for awhile. Also, did you really expect Frank to confirm it?
I'm with HR in CO and don't want to inspire panic but they do have a season to get through. Look for it in the fall/winter season

This new structure has been planned and detailed to top managements satisfaction. The bottom line is those at the top are doing what ever it takes to save their jobs. Instead of cleaning house at the top, were the # are, they are eliminating at the bottom were the work is done. Who suffers the associate who now must call for service and solve their issues over the phone. Oh yes, there will be 3 HRM running around trying to meet their new metrics, set up by the same group that created this new structure. These metrics of course keep the DHRM, RHRD, HR VP, SR. HR VP AND THE EXECUTIVE VP OF HR ALL BUSY WITH ALL THESE REPORTS.

76 months ago

Isn't it great that they are continuing our pay for two months and holding us hostage to termination for behavior unbecoming until the end of June.
I understand Indiana's comments about being brave and supported before going to EEOC because there are many who will complain but when push comes to shove will shut up and disappear.
The two months buys more time for the EEOC 6 month timeframe.

Xanex10 in MindBoggled, North Dakota

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: Isn't it great that they are continuing our pay for two months and holding us hostage to termination for behavior unbecoming until the end of June.
I understand Indiana's comments about being brave and supported before going to EEOC because there are many who will complain but when push comes to shove will shut up and disappear.

I have a question regarding the holding us hostage part. How are they doing that? I am in the process of exploring my legal options but I do not want to do anything that jeopardizes my receiveing 2 months pay and at the same time moving forward with exploring my options. I was only very recently hired and I wonder if they knew that when they hired me. Anyone out there that knows about how they knew as early as last September - please send me information.

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: Isn't it great that they are continuing our pay for two months and holding us hostage to termination for behavior unbecoming until the end of June.

Does anyone out there know when they started advertising for the HR call center employee positions?

76 months ago

Well since they have closed so many call centers in previous years they probably have them on a call back list. It's hard to tell since they are refered to as Contact Center and Research Contacts. You would have to look back into postings unless someone in Atlanta speaks up. But given the way they are watching posts I wouldn't count on it.

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: Well since they have closed so many call centers in previous years they probably have them on a call back list. It's hard to tell since they are refered to as Contact Center and Research Contacts. You would have to look back into postings unless someone in Atlanta speaks up. But given the way they are watching posts I wouldn't count on it.

Well there are other ways to find out :) Thanks though.

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: Well since they have closed so many call centers in previous years they probably have them on a call back list. It's hard to tell since they are refered to as Contact Center and Research Contacts. You would have to look back into postings unless someone in Atlanta speaks up. But given the way they are watching posts I wouldn't count on it.

Surely no one would spend their HD paid time on this website. Gee, I hardly think shareholders would be pleased at salaries being earned by watching posts. Interesting....after all, I seek only truth and information. Why would that be worth anyone watching/listening? And why would anyone not want me to have it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

td1 in san diego, California

76 months ago

im sorry to hear of all the problem with Home Depot....sign of the times.

about legal action....for those who have not been envolved in this type of thing before.....it is devistating....i once sued a company over harrassment/layoff issues...violation of union contract, ect....it consumed almost 5 yrs of my life...i prevailed, but the cost was very high and would probably never do it again (i just had an opportunity with fedex kinkos but passed on the legal action). it hurts when you feel you have been wronged, you want to share your pain with the company and try to extricate some measure of redemption, but it will consume you, the anger, the bitterness, the fingerpointing, the unhappyness.....just isnt worth it IMO. sure it hurts to feel like you are a piece of meat, being treated unfairly and without respect.....but that is unsavory part of belonging to a BIG MACHINE like home depot....when times are good, times are good....when they are not so good, well....you are seeing the result.....invisible people who are making decisions about you that will affect your life and well being....and that is crazy making....to not be able to confront the person(s) who are responsible for these decisions....thats what HR is for....the face of the machine....personally i dont trust any HR employee...IMO they are there to protect the machine, and its liabilities and they will do so, as THAT is THEIR job....a tough job at that.....i wouldnt wish it on anyone. they are kinda like the people who give you parking tickets.....the people on the streets loath them, but to the governement machine they are darlings.....my apologies if im a negative nancy in that regard, but my past experiences have not been so pleasant.....and i still have a tinge of a hangover in some areas.

to be continued....

76 months ago

anyway....if you are considering legal action.....try to think it through.....what will you get? what is your purpose? if you get what you want will you be happy? if you get you job back, do you REALLY want to work for a company who treats its employees like they treated you? will you be able to "let it go" and do the best work you can? if you get some cash out of it (sorry, you wont) will it fill the void, the hole they created by doing what they did? is the face on the dollar bill ov your settlement going to suffice for the faceless person whom created your burden? will you be able to "let it go" and do the best work you can?

unfortunately these questions can (generally) only be answered in hingsight, after the process....i know as i have asked and answered them myself....yeah....i have "taught them a lesson"....but most importantly.....i have learned a few things myself, and that is irreplaceable.

76 months ago

td1 in san diego, California said: anyway....if you are considering legal action.....try to think it through.....what will you get? what is your purpose? if you get what you want will you be happy? if you get you job back, do you REALLY want to work for a company who treats its employees like they treated you? will you be able to "let it go" and do the best work you can? if you get some cash out of it (sorry, you wont) will it fill the void, the hole they created by doing what they did? is the face on the dollar bill ov your settlement going to suffice for the faceless person whom created your burden? will you be able to "let it go" and do the best work you can?

unfortunately these questions can (generally) only be answered in hingsight, after the process....i know as i have asked and answered them myself....yeah....i have "taught them a lesson"....but most importantly.....i have learned a few things myself, and that is irreplaceable.

Gee, I guess all those who have sued HD and won need to understand - they have really lost. It was my understanding they thought they had achieved some sort of justice. I guess we no longer need court systems to right the injustices of the world or prevent those in a less advantageous position from being taken advantage of. Silly me. What about the EEOC or FLSB? Are they of no use either or do they still serve a purpose? In my world, all of the above is good......and fair. But I did enjoy your comments....very insightful.

76 months ago

[QUOTE]Gee, I guess all those who have sued HD and won need to understand - they have really lost.

i think that would be up to each individual to evaluate and determine, not you or me as only the individual knows what it costs to "win", as "winning" comes with a price, like most other things in life do. "winning" may have a different meaning for each person as well.

[quote] It was my understanding they thought they had achieved some sort of justice.

see above and substitute "justice" for "win/winning"

maybe "justice" was acheived....i acheived "justice".....got some $$ out of it....oddly all i wanted was an apology for the "injusticees" done to me, but that is not possible for the machine, the way the machine apologizes is to write a check, its the machines way of admitting, without admitting, enter the "Settlement"......"justice" is not free, there is a price attached, a price which i am not willing to pay again "been there, done that, got the bill". it may be different for others as i can only speak for myself.

justice, the court system, right the wrongs of the world? enjoy that my friend, noble task to take on the world, did it myself for a spell....i stopped that insanity once i took a truthful look at myself and my motives. today im happy and satisfied in keeping my little corner clean, as i understand it to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

An apology is only as good as the sincerity behind it. Perhaps there may not be a possibility of obtaining a sincere apology in the current situation. Thankfully, I will not be judging that. Again, I only seek truth and information. It is odd how disturbing that is to some.

As far as the court system working, a long time before you and I were ever thought of, this nation defined when and why the court system might be an option. And we have constantly been refining that process every day – to protect us and inform us of all our rights. Everyone decides each day, to live within the confines of the law or to step outside those boundaries. As you say, there is always a price to pay for either. But often times, there is no price to be paid in seeking justice, until settlement is reached…….and then all parties will, hopefully, get what they have truly earned. But of course, not everyone has the stomach for that. From a personal perspective, I am not sure if I would. But still, perhaps I am remain naïve enough, hopeful enough, and honest enough to wish the "underdog" could do to the "machine" what dogs do to fire hydrants. And somewhere, maybe there are a few others that would agree with me. I plan to watch and see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

[QUOTE]An apology is only as good as the sincerity behind it.

from my POV an apology is only as good as the willingness to accept one....in whatever form it may come.

[quote]Again, I only seek truth and information. It is odd how disturbing that is to some./[quote]

truth has as many interpretations as there are truths.

[quote]Everyone decides each day, to live within the confines of the law or to step outside those boundaries.

laws that govern humankind are a matter of perspective and subject to interpretation and argument, they are forever changing, unlike the laws of nature....there are no absolutes.

[quote] As you say, there is always a price to pay for either. But often times, there is no price to be paid in seeking justice, until settlement is reached

there are monetary prices to pay, but these are inconsequential to the emotional and spiritual price that will be paid, these are absolutes as there is no "free lunch".

[quote]But still, perhaps I am remain naïve enough, hopeful enough, and honest enough to wish the "underdog" could do to the "machine" what dogs do to fire hydrants.

who is the underdog, the machine and who plays the role of the fire hydrant is a matter of perspective and open to interpretation.....all depends which side of the glass one is looking from.....true victory is realized when we can see what our "enemy" sees, and FULLY understand and respect that position.....unfortunately many times that opportunity will not present itself as is takes COMPLETE commitment to truth and pure honesty which you will not be seen in court.

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio

76 months ago

Entry - April 28th
It has been interesting to sit back and read the comments. Some are great others are great too since that is how the people feel. I was told today over speaker phone at the end of the day that I was no longer employed. I knew that going in. I have absoloute proof that the individual placed in the remaining positions were preselected. I kept copies of emails sent in which they referenced activities they were planning for future months. I will file charges only because I know my age and sex played a role. I am not a prude by any means but where do you go when the store manager has their mouth in the gutter day after day along with the ASMS and some DS. You report it and nothing gets done. We were in place for one reason and that was in line with the concilliation agreement the EEOC and THD entered into. That expired last year and THD knew they could start planning this well before. I wish all of you the best. Most of all I wish you a job that will be better than this one. I wish you financial security as the months go on and the job market is swamped with all of us. I wish those selected the best also. We know they will surely need luck to survive till the next change....and there will be another change. God Bless and good bye.

76 months ago

Gee - I love to fish, don't you?!

76 months ago

enjoy "the process" homer! stay on the AirBorne/Vitamin C tablets....stress like you have never known is knocking at your door!

bobbieb

76 months ago

I am in Illinois, checked with the EEOC today, and a case can not affect your severance. I am in - anyone else in IL over 40 fell the age was a factor in this decision?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I hardly think poor Homer can afford anymore stress - look at the stock, run the financial statements - pay attention to relevant ratios and more importantly, Homer seems to have a long line of lawyers wishing to chat with him. Even if he wins, he loses. This will be a PR nightmare even for the most talented spin artist. I am at this time, merely an observer, but one who does not see all shades of grey.

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio said: Entry - April 28th
It has been interesting to sit back and read the comments. Some are great others are great too since that is how the people feel. I was told today over speaker phone at the end of the day that I was no longer employed. I knew that going in. I have absoloute proof that the individual placed in the remaining positions were preselected. I kept copies of emails sent in which they referenced activities they were planning for future months. I will file charges only because I know my age and sex played a role. I am not a prude by any means but where do you go when the store manager has their mouth in the gutter day after day along with the ASMS and some DS. You report it and nothing gets done. We were in place for one reason and that was in line with the concilliation agreement the EEOC and THD entered into. That expired last year and THD knew they could start planning this well before. I wish all of you the best. Most of all I wish you a job that will be better than this one. I wish you financial security as the months go on and the job market is swamped with all of us. I wish those selected the best also. We know they will surely need luck to survive till the next change....and there will be another change. God Bless and good bye.

Email me copies of what you have please. I would like to evaluate.

76 months ago

Homer, it happened many places, that's ok two more days away from HD and it was 5 o'clock some where! :)

We ARE NOT ON SEVERANCE it is a pay continuation package they can end at anytime they feel you have violated they Code of Conduct.
it's bitsy fine print

76 months ago

Thanks, I had no idea. But I guess if you are not there it is hard to violate the code of conduct.

76 months ago

You are still on the payroll and a "representative of the company". Thus the importance of the salary continuation vs severance package.

76 months ago

mamma bear in chicago, Illinois said: You are still on the payroll and a "representative of the company". Thus the importance of the salary continuation vs severance package.

I think I am glad I am merely an observer. It must be difficult to work under those circumstances. But I do no believe the code of conduct you refer to cannot take away your rights to pursue your best interests in the event there has been an unfair labor practice. Did you sign a receipt upon reading and receiving this code? Was that gone over in your orientation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

And Mama Bear - if you are still at work, aren't you afraid someone will tie this to your work pc? I believe I would be. I was just trying to get some information yesterday and I do believe big brother got a bit nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Homer Dumped On in Pittsburgh, Ohio said: Entry - April 28th

Homer who was your DM, and VP?

76 months ago

bobbieb said: I am in Illinois, checked with the EEOC today, and a case can not affect your severance. I am in - anyone else in IL over 40 fell the age was a factor in this decision?

I am one that lost the position, but in reality, and what it comes down to is THD can place the positions they want in the company. If they feel they can save money and continue to be successful without HRM's that is their choice. You cannot file a claim just because you lost your position. You have to have some kind of reason behind it, and just being past 40, a minority, or gay does not give you that reason. Many of the HRM's they kept are over 40, minority's and/or gay. The company has the legal aspect of this sewed up tight. They have been working on this for a year with many teams going over what lawsuits will come out of it. The problem is going to come down to each region and district, how have they handled this. They were given STRICT guidelines what to say. The problem is many did not follow it. Another problem is the selection process, some did not play nice. That is where they are going to get into trouble. Every HR that lost a position will not have a case, but some will, and do not think for a second they do not realize this and are ready.

THD is a giant trying to stay on top, can you blame them, what would you do if you owned the company? Think about it. Now this is being said from someone that knows first hand of issues that could get them in trouble, and you know what, is it worth it to place a case with the EEOC? I would love to be able to sit in a room with Frank Blake and crew, that is all I would want, not money, not my job, just to tell them what really goes on under their noses. The unrealistic expectations given to everyone. They wonder why the DH's and ASM's are disgruntled, wow look at their unmotivated leadership who has expectations to make themselves look good to the Atlanta boys. They make it to where everyone is afraid to lose their job

GoneTHDHRM in Tennessee

76 months ago

I agree with you LivingTheDreamHomeDepot! (I am also one that lost the position.) Based on my observations and living the daily insanity of changing expectations and deadlines imposed not by Atlanta but from the region and district layers of the company! Trying to meet their requirements was a never-ending time-consuming race that interfered with being able to do those things that would most benefit or that was truly needed at the store level. If you wouldn't mind company, I would like to join you when you have that conversation with Frank and the crew! While Atlanta may have a grasp (somewhat, due to VOCs, sales, etc.) on what occurs within stores, I am convinced they are lacking in recognizing the issues that exist at the region and district levels. Or maybe they do and it will just take time for them to address. We can hope???

While I would prefer not to be jobless, I have to agree with you too that THD is free to run their own business based on business needs. Litigation in any form isn't for me but that is my personal decision. For those that think, feel or know that discrimination in any form existed in the selection process, and decide litigation is your only recourse, I truly wish you the best! In my district the SHRMs with the most seniority were selected for the HRM positions (the DM is a long timer). The DHRM was selected from ANOTHER district! Of course, the three HRMs were also the ones with the least HR experience outside of THD. What amuses me they were also the loudest complainers of the DHRM selection, making phone calls and sending emails to all the other SHRMs in the district, complaining, threatening lawsuits and "trashing" THD in general, claiming they had "...no loyalty left for THD", etc. All before they were selected! Oh My!!! Hmmmmmm, I wonder if THD chose the most qualified and best fit for the company??? Time will tell!

frank lopez in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

Upon reviewing the pre- selected DHRM in my region, I am convinced that any qualification will do if they want to promote you. College degree yes, College degree no, 20 years HR experience to 5 years, Home grown HR experience seemed more important than external HR experience, one started as a cashier in 1999 and promoted to SHRM in 2002. Overall the non selected had more HR experience.

Atlanta blessed the DHRM to be selected without interviews, but I am wondering did the region or ??? followed the qualification process ?? or ?? as needed per ??.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

GoneTHDHRM in Tennessee

76 months ago

frank lopez in Tampa, Florida said: Upon reviewing the pre- selected DHRM in my region, I am convinced that any qualification will do if they want to promote you. College degree yes, College degree no, 20 years HR experience to 5 years, Home grown HR experience seemed more important than external HR experience, one started as a cashier in 1999 and promoted to SHRM in 2002. Overall the non selected had more HR experience.

Atlanta blessed the DHRM to be selected without interviews, but I am wondering did the region or ??? followed the qualification process ?? or ?? as needed per ??.

Pretty noticeable in some areas, isn't it? It makes me wonder if the hiring of HR professionals, almost up to the time of the announcement, was some kind of experiment??? Purpose??? Obviously, the statements made during SureStart concerning they "....recognized the error in placing inexperienced associates in the HR positions when the program was rolled out" and they "....wanted to bring HR up to a more professional level in the stores" was just hype or maybe someone lost a last minute battle at the roundtable??? What is/was their motivation to keep the less experienced?

It is astounding to me that DHRMs were selected without interviews. For the sake of time, the company must have thought it was worth the risk??? Even though it was "legal", the placement of the DHRMs seems to be their greatest risk. I am just not seeing the motive for what appears to be a knee-jerk decision considering the overall risk. Sure, companies promote everyday without interviews, maybe one or two individuals....but not nation wide! Retaining less HR experience and potential exposure by the DHRMs selection process.....this is best for the company??? Not because it effects me personally but because it simply does not make good business sense. (BTW we were told the district's decisions were reviewed at the region level and then forwarded for review by Atlanta.)

They knew and We were through in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

I have seen postings here and on other sites saying this RIF of SHRMs has been planned since at least December probably as early as September. Can anyone comment on that? Also, does anyone know of any SHRMs that were let go in the last 2-3 months-in the "first wave of the RIF"? I know of 6 and want to know if there are more. Incidentally, all 6 had degrees, years of experience in HR, and were due to get bonuses in April. Thanks. Good Luck to All of you.

76 months ago

They knew and We were through in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I have seen postings here and on other sites saying this RIF of SHRMs has been planned since at least December probably as early as September. Can anyone comment on that? Also, does anyone know of any SHRMs that were let go in the last 2-3 months-in the "first wave of the RIF"? I know of 6 and want to know if there are more. Incidentally, all 6 had degrees, years of experience in HR, and were due to get bonuses in April. Thanks. Good Luck to All of you.

I understand there are those who were hired in the last few weeks prior to the "HR layoff". What do you think their chances of successful litigation are? From what I understand from reading the posts here, HD executed a carefully laid out and organized plan. Why recruite/lure employees from postions that were secure only to lay them off a few weeks later? Can anyone tell me what was the rationale for that?

76 months ago

Again, how much was part of the "Performance Management" process? Which was conveniently changed in November with new codes supposedly in response to the Employer of Choice Survey. I don't know how many different standards were changed throughout the year that made an assessment easy to sway in either direction. There was what seemed to be a deliberate process to try and remove the "potential" lawsuits prior to the Performance Management process. There was alot of manipulation of rules and people in the process. Lots of good people lost and bonuses lost. It was really sad and disappointing. Was it an early RIF or legal protection? It seems in this area they kept the most recently hired for the three new positions. As far as the new District positions that appeared to be determined by the "color" of your nose. It was definitely a joke around here. Yes our RHRM hired SHRMs as late as February. As fast as everything was implemented after the announcement it had to have been planned for at least 6-9 months. The northern division supposedly was testing it as early as last September. They announced in December there would be no HR Regional meetings in 2008 and travel would be restricted.

76 months ago

Again, the legal implications may be quite diffirent with regard to those employees that were hired when HD was aware of the impending layoff. Stay tuned for later postings. But in the meantime, do you want to provide me with their names and phone numbers?

Sheba1 in Wheeling, West Virginia

76 months ago

Just heard of this site...........WOW & WOW.......where have I been.
Hearing lots of pain out there.......Sorry I got fired too from THD -HRM job too. Where are you all from? Do any of you have an attorney?

76 months ago

Hey Paul 1947 - Why did you start this forum and drop out. Are you Home Depot's Big Brother?

H2o in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

Any more news on replacing ASM's with Key carriers. Just got word in my district all DH's must be key carriers why is that are they thinking about replacing ASM's with key carriers DH associates. I bet it's coming down the pipeline regardless what Frank Blake says. Any truth to this.

H2o in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

Jack Frost in Atlanta, Georgia said: I work at the SSC and it is true about ASM's all asm's not just Ops are under review. The company is looking to save money and they think the stores have to many ASM"s. DH's not to run stores they are adding key carriers and bringing abck race track manager with keys. Hourly positions though sorry to all those salaried out there. Not all ASM will be removed they are just under review they are looking at a grocery model where there is one store manager and one assistant. They are round tableing I will keep posted.

Just found out in my district all DH's to be key carriers any more news about replacing ASM's?

75 months ago

Sheba1 in Wheeling, West Virginia said: Hey Paul 1947 - Why did you start this forum and drop out. Are you Home Depot's Big Brother?

Trust me HD does watch this site - Probably not wise to access from work.

Everyone's circumstances are different. Many are no longer employed HRs though. It is my understanding that one of our newly (DHRMS) promoted had no certification and no more than 2 years certification in HR. Good for them - they must have done something right. Stangely enough, I have no beef with that. My real question is how can they offer jobs that only last a few weeks. Some folks left good jobs to come to work for THD and now they have landed in the unemployment line. Thanks to all who had a part in that. How do you sleep at night and have you talked to your attorneys??!! One blogger posted - "get ready, stress as you have never known is going to be knocking on your door." Who knows, he/she may be right. As far as the question, have you talked with attorneys - probably everyone on here is either an attorney repepresenting one side of the other, a HD watcher, or a disgruntled employee/former employee who has surely had contact with an attorney. Some may actually have a case :) and others may not. Do any of you guys have a local tv or radio personality that wants to chat with you regarding what has happened and if so, do you plan on doing this?

75 months ago

Sorry in my blog above I meant the one of the newly promoted had less than 2 years experience - no certification.

75 months ago

Jack Frost in Atlanta, Georgia said: I work at the SSC and it is true about ASM's all asm's not just Ops are under review. The company is looking to save money and they think the stores have to many ASM"s. DH's not to run stores they are adding key carriers and bringing abck race track manager with keys. Hourly positions though sorry to all those salaried out there. Not all ASM will be removed they are just under review they are looking at a grocery model where there is one store manager and one assistant. They are round tableing I will keep posted.

Well, hopefully, THD has learned from at least one of its many mistakes and not hire any more ASMS only to lay them off in a few weeks. That is just cruel!

75 months ago

THD closing 15 boxes in Ohio - they are in my sister's store right now. What next? They came in with regional team, people from Atlanta and liqidators! What next?

Fired from THD in Pennsylvania

75 months ago

www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=8254890

Home Depot to close 15 stores; 2 in Ohio

Posted: May 1, 2008 10:11 AM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Home Depot is closing 15 of its namesake stores, affecting 1,300 employees. It is the first time the home improvement retailer has ever closed a flagship store for performance reasons.

The Atlanta-based company said Thursday that the underperforming U.S. stores being closed represent less than 1 percent of its existing stores. They will be shuttered within the next two months.

A company spokesman says some of the employees will be relocated, while others could lose their jobs.

Spokesman Ron DeFeo says Home Depot has only closed 1 of its flagship stores previously because of structural damage.

The company reiterated its intention to open 55 new stores in the 2009 fiscal year.

The Home Depot will close 15 underperforming U.S. stores that do not meet the Company's targeted returns. The store locations are as follows:

#2015 East Fort Wayne, Indiana
#2032 Marion, Indiana
#2310 Frankfort, Kentucky
#379 Opelousas, Louisiana
#2819 Cottage Grove, Minnesota
#6901 East Brunswick, New Jersey
#6904 Saddle Brook, New Jersey
#6171 Rome, New York
#3702 Bismarck, North Dakota
#3874 Findlay, Ohio
#3865 Lima, Ohio
#4552 Brattleboro, Vermont
#4932 Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
#4933 Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
#4913 NW Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.