Helpng to make an eco diffrence

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Lobster in san diego, California

87 months ago

Would'nt it be something if a big box retailer like Home depot took the high road in helping to properly dispose of the new and increasingly popular energy efficient mercury filled cfl light bulbs. Its one thing to promote the idea that saving energy helps save the planet by reducing toxic carbons emitted from energy producing plants while allowing our land fills to be potentially contaminated with improperly disposed of
mercury filled cfl bulbs. When will not only the manufacturers but the retailers who will in the end make enormous profits by promoting
this product take responsibility for its proper disposal. Which will in turn help to educate the public as well. Or do we do what we Americans always do and wait till its to late and its nessessary to spend billions to clean up all our land fills. I work for home depot and I do promote
the cfl bulbs to my customers but I would be more comfortable doing so if I knew that they would be disposed of properly .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Just an after thought, If home depot were to impliment an in store recycling program customers could bring in their spent cfl bulbs for proper disposal while shopping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I would like to applaud Home Depot for walking the talk when it comes to the environment. The company has recently implemented an in store recycling
program that allows customers to bring in their spent cfl bulbs for proper disposal. I'm not sure how many other stores offer this important service
to their customers but you can be sure Home Depot is a leader Who's example sets a standard for responsible retailers World Wide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

george amoako in Satellite Provider

81 months ago

it good to be making eco worked

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.