Home Depot Blows

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Tommy in Hannacroix, New York

104 months ago

I was told unless I was black I would never get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

104 months ago

You should report Home Depot. Have you tried going to the media? This is what needs to be done with a lot of these companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Peggy in San Lorenzo, California

104 months ago

I'm not black and I got hired. Before you automatically believe a statement like that, you should really take a step back and examine all the circumstances. Look at the store environment. What race are the majority of the employees? Is the mix out of balance with the area that the store is in? The person who told you that, are they someone you would hire if you were a manager, or could it be that they didn't get hired for a different reason and are trying to justify their own shortcomings by blaming racial prejudice?

Never jump to a conclusion. It usually means you have to jump off a cliff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

104 months ago

Peggy said: I'm not black and I got hired. Before you automatically believe a statement like that, you should really take a step back and examine all the circumstances. Look at the store environment. What race are the majority of the employees? Is the mix out of balance with the area that the store is in? The person who told you that, are they someone you would hire if you were a manager, or could it be that they didn't get hired for a different reason and are trying to justify their own shortcomings by blaming racial prejudice?
Never jump to a conclusion. It usually means you have to jump off a cliff.

I agree with you and I hope that Tommy from Hannacroix, NY finds a great career with the company of his choice. But it is something seriously wrong with the U.S. job market. I am not white but I am an American with a degree and strong professional work history. I was laid-off from my job as an Investment Analyst with NO notice. And I am having a hard time getting hired and one of the most recent things that happen is that I could not apply for a job because I did not speak spanish. It is really sad that middle class Americans are slowly disappearing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jimmy in Piedmont, South Carolina

96 months ago

I have applied several times for an outside sales position with Home Depot. Years of experience with in home sales but not even a confirmation call or email from Home Depot. I am wondering since I'm 61 years old that this could be the reason for no response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisey jensen in Schenectady, New York

96 months ago

Tommy in Hannacroix, New York said: I was told unless I was black I would never get hired.

Told is not enough, Tommy: you need more ecidence I am feeling sorry for you, but you should have a witness with you (friend, not a family member) SO you COULD HAVE sued THD for racial discrimination. You can contact me personnaly if you need help ( I am NOT a lawayer)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina said: You should report Home Depot. Have you tried going to the media? This is what needs to be done with a lot of these companies.

True, Dana, I aggreed with you. But without evidence, THD will just lough out loud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

jimmy in Piedmont, South Carolina said: I have applied several times for an outside sales position with Home Depot. Years of experience with in home sales but not even a confirmation call or email from Home Depot. I am wondering since I'm 61 years old that this could be the reason for no response.

Jimmy, if you are 61, I have a strong feeling that you are facing a case of age discrimination in hiring. Do you have evidence that younger people were hired at the position you were applying for ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.