Home Depot Employment Credit Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Mkalib961

49 months ago

I have recently been through the entire interview process for an ASM position with Home Depot and have signed the job offer, background check forms, etc. I know I will be fine on the drug test because I don't take anything stronger than Advil or Tylenol. My concern is the credit check process. I know my credit isn't good. Should I call the recruiter I have been working with and discuss the potential issues with her or wait for her to contact me? Everyone who has been involved in my interview process has been extremely excited about my experience and interview responses. I really want this job and don't want anything to get in the way. For years I was struggling raising 3 children alone after my youngest sons father stole my identity and then put me through 2 years of hell fighting for custody. All of these things have adversely affected my credit and I have been in dispute for years. Any suggestions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

llama in you only want to know, American Samoa

49 months ago

Wow good luck... Do you know that you will be pulling 75+ hours a week. Dosen't matter HD hires crimals why should your credit score be an issue. Welcome the the most wrost years of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mkalib961

49 months ago

Hello llama. I have been in management for 6 of my 16 years in retail and am quite familiar with the number of hours management work. I appreciate your input and opinion. I hope that if you are still employed with the home depot, and find yourself unhappy with the company, you find a place that you are happier at. I was miserable at my last job and stuck around regardless. It proved to be very unhealthy for me and my family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kermitthefrog in brunswick, Ohio

49 months ago

Mkalib961 said: I have recently been through the entire interview process for an ASM position with Home Depot and have signed the job offer, background check forms, etc. I know I will be fine on the drug test because I don't take anything stronger than Advil or Tylenol. My concern is the credit check process. I know my credit isn't good. Should I call the recruiter I have been working with and discuss the potential issues with her or wait for her to contact me? Everyone who has been involved in my interview process has been extremely excited about my experience and interview responses. I really want this job and don't want anything to get in the way. For years I was struggling raising 3 children alone after my youngest sons father stole my identity and then put me through 2 years of hell fighting for custody. All of these things have adversely affected my credit and I have been in dispute for years. Any suggestions??

i dont think you have too much to worry about--they hired Martha Stewart, didnt they?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mkalib961

49 months ago

Valid point but I am no Martha Stewart.... I will keep a positive outlook and hope for the best. Thank you for your input Kermitthefrog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

llama in you only want to know, American Samoa

49 months ago

Mkalib961 said: Hello llama. I have been in management for 6 of my 16 years in retail and am quite familiar with the number of hours management work. I appreciate your input and opinion. I hope that if you are still employed with the home depot, and find yourself unhappy with the company, you find a place that you are happier at. I was miserable at my last job and stuck around regardless. It proved to be very unhealthy for me and my family.

No sorry they fired me for doing my job. I did a $4,000 sale on a 32sq roof. Called the SM told (he is new in are area) him that customer had a written quote from a local competor, he said meet not beet. I didn't put in the color of the the shingle, the next day had to refunded rering up. Needless to say it was just a 700.00 m/d and the SM said that I LIED and never called to get approval. I worked there for over 5 years. Never got a write up Never got introuble followed the SOP, and I got shaffted. Yes I am really bitter about it. I don't care that I got fired the point is that I am called a LIAR.
My old SM was shock and coudn't believe it. Yes, I am at a better job, Yes that place sucks. But I know that there are people that are hard workers, and people that are slackers. The hard workers are always over-look.

Good LUCK, I hope that you enjoy your work at hd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mkalib961

49 months ago

I also understand that side of retail as well. I was recently terminated from my "big box" job with a large electronics retailer. I feel it was a wrongful termination and have chosen to fight it but in the meantime I quickly realized that I am happier not being there. Thankfully I am receiving my unemployment but I have always worked and don't want to stop so I sincerely hope that my recruiter can look past the negative marks on my credit report and hire me based upon my extensive experience and desire to succeed at the job. I wish you the best at your current career.

Does anyone know what specifically is reviewed when looking at credit for employment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.