Home Depot-If you leave can you come back

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

hammerthwer in Victorville, California

80 months ago

I was an Assistant Manager at Home Depot. I left home depot after 10 years and I left on good terms. I got a position with starbucks as a store manager but I got fired for not learning fast enough. I tried going back but I was told that the DM said I left them and she does not want me back. A friend of mine told me there is an unwritten rule with Home Depot "once you leave you can never come back' Does anyone know if this is true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Rickman in Northport, Alabama

80 months ago

I have been a HR Manager for HD for almost 6 years. We have re-hired numerous former associates and managers during this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

johnnystuyv in Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Jack Rickman in Northport, Alabama said: I have been a HR Manager for HD for almost 6 years. We have re-hired numerous former associates and managers during this time.

If you are hired back within a year do you get to keep any of the earned benefits from before? Or do you start from scratch ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Veracious in Elyria, Ohio

80 months ago

I'm an HR manager as well and you can return. We have rehired plenty of salaried members as well. But your former district manager has every right to refuse to take you back if she feels you weren't with the program. Ultimately you are that DMs employee. Why don't you try reapplying to work in an adjoining district?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

on the titanic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

78 months ago

johnnystuyv in Pennsylvania said: If you are hired back within a year do you get to keep any of the earned benefits from before? Or do you start from scratch ?

Nope, one year is far too long to try to reverse anything from Atlanta. But as long as when you left you were entered as eligible for re-hire there shouldn't be any problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie501 in Fontana, California

78 months ago

Hello,

I just want to know what is the starting salary for an associates and if there's a benifits. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Jackie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.