Home Depot RMA Testing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

V.

86 months ago

Hi,
I'm thinking about going to the 2nd phase of HD interviewing- consisting of tests on customer service, leadership and business acumen. Any specifics on the business acumen portion would be greatly appreciated!
Don't want to drive 200 miles for ridiculous tests.
Thanks,
V.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in North Richland Hills, Texas

86 months ago

I just went through the RMA's, and the Business Acumen testing can be tough, even for seasoned associates like myself.

Specifically, you will want to familiarize yourself with the metrics:

GM (Gross Margin)
How it is determined
How to increase it

GMROI (Gross Margin Return on Investment)
What affects GMROI
Ways you can increse GMROI

Also, make sure you have a solid understanding of the P&L (profit and loss statement)
The P&L and questions regarding it can be confusing. Just remember, all the answers are on the left side of the sample they give you, not the right. (it's confusing when you look at it)

Make sure you feel comfortable doing algebra, because you'll need it on the last few questions.

Also, be prepared for a pretty in-depth interview again with a store manager and human resources manager. You will want to have some pretty specific examples for the questions they ask.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Woofie

83 months ago

V. said: Hi,
I'm thinking about going to the 2nd phase of HD interviewing- consisting of tests on customer service, leadership and business acumen. Any specifics on the business acumen portion would be greatly appreciated!
Don't want to drive 200 miles for ridiculous tests.
Thanks,
V.

PLEASE! Save your time, money & miles on your car....it's NOT worth it! What will they be paying you per hour? Think about it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.