Home Depot and Temps

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

JeanGenie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

I was hired as a temporary along with another temp at my Home Depot back in April. I didn't like being hired as a temp but they said if we had worked hard and showed up to work basically, we'd be re-hired after our 90 days. Well, my friend was re-hired 2 weeks before his temp was up. I had never heard a word from the Operations Manager about it until the very last day which she told me that they could not keep me anymore, essentially laid off. I had asked her previously to let me know very soon and she waited until the last minute to do it. I worked the front end and they are very, very short on cashiers so I was pretty sure I'd get hired. A friend of mine asked the store manager why they did not keep me and they said it was based on feedback. I never received a negative VOC comment, never had low metrics and only one performance evaluation. I wasn't told about this feedback. I heard from another friend that if any manager (head cashier, etc.) had beef, you were as good as gone. I had a problem with a head cashier acting very unprofessional to me, never picking up strips when I call or bringing change and being rude to cashiers like myself and others. After busting my butt at Home Depot for 3 months, I'm disgusted with the management and I'd strongly advise anyone else to not consider working there. Is it possible to call the employee anonymous line to report the head cashier and the management for their unprofessional demeanor in the workplace? Thanks to them letting me go, I can't afford my books for school. Home Depot - We Put Customers First and Cashiers on the Bottom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

56 months ago

JeanGenie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was hired as a temporary along with another temp at my Home Depot back in April. I didn't like being hired as a temp but they said if we had worked hard and showed up to work basically, we'd be re-hired after our 90 days. Well, my friend was re-hired 2 weeks before his temp was up. I had never heard a word from the Operations Manager about it until the very last day which she told me that they could not keep me anymore, essentially laid off. I had asked her previously to let me know very soon and she waited until the last minute to do it. I worked the front end and they are very, very short on cashiers so I was pretty sure I'd get hired. A friend of mine asked the store manager why they did not keep me and they said it was based on feedback. I never received a negative VOC comment, never had low metrics and only one performance evaluation. I wasn't told about this feedback. I heard from another friend that if any manager (head cashier, etc.) had beef, you were as good as gone. I had a problem with a head cashier acting very unprofessional to me, never picking up strips when I call or bringing change and being rude to cashiers like myself and others. After busting my butt at Home Depot for 3 months, I'm disgusted with the management and I'd strongly advise anyone else to not consider working there. Is it possible to call the employee anonymous line to report the head cashier and the management for their unprofessional demeanor in the workplace? Thanks to them letting me go, I can't afford my books for school. Home Depot - We Put Customers First and Cashiers on the Bottom.

Things are exactly the same in Canada. I was hired as a temp. for 120 days and on the 120th day they gave me the old "this is the part of the job I hate" B.S. and said they had to let me go. This was after having 2 customers call in to compliment me on excellent service. I worked the days that all of the others wanted off and filli

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.