The Home Depot: You can't do it. We aint gonna help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Scott

93 months ago

Yep you might say I am a disgruntled former employee of the Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

candelee

91 months ago

where did you work scott? what city

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nene2976 in Kenner, Louisiana

86 months ago

I lost my fiance to the human resource manager at the home depot in Brenham, Texas. I should have been suspicious when he was getting paid for times he did not even work and he kept getting raises. She also managed to find "grant" money
for him to pay off every debt he owed-car notes, credit cards, even rent for 2 years. I later found out that the stipulation was that he had to leave me. Well, I hope that one day he leaves her the way he left me. He must be really stupid to have traded me, an educated and beautiful 29 year old for a 50 year old fat rolls worn-down hag of a country bumpkin manager whom I might add does not even know how to talk to people and run a place. I am now dating a real man and I hope they both rot somewhere!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DeeZ in Enfield, Connecticut

82 months ago

Dear broken hearted, you are probably better off that this happened before you were married. I hear of this sort of thing alot at Home Depot. Secret dating at the work place is not only tolerated it is covered up. Who know maybe someday you will continue along your succesfull venue and end up being a top CEO for home depot. WOW... Then you could spearhead long over due policy changes that would benefit families and loved ones of those who work for the the GIGANTIC SECRET ORANGE DEPOT INNER DATING CULT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beat up in CO in Colorado

82 months ago

It is unbelievable the amount of dating and even sex that happens at Home Depot. The managers see new associates as "fresh meat" and some work their way through the employees. Frequently they look at how attractive the cashier is for the lumber doors. They want her to be easy on the eyes and encourage the contractors to come back.
Associates have been caught in the strangest places having sex.
I'm sorry you lost your fiance to the HR manager but if he did it engaged he would do it married. Be glad you are out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gregzilla in Aberdeen, Mississippi

82 months ago

I am a disgruntled form Home Depot Associate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

homedepotsam in Georgia

81 months ago

Beat up in CO in Colorado said: It is unbelievable the amount of dating and even sex that happens at Home Depot. The managers see new associates as "fresh meat" and some work their way through the employees. Frequently they look at how attractive the cashier is for the lumber doors. They want her to be easy on the eyes and encourage the contractors to come back.
I'm sorry you lost your fiance to the HR manager but if he did it engaged he would do it married. Be glad you are out.

Beat up in Co,
You seem very versed and realistic about home depot. You seem grounded and yet aware of the hd realities. You also respond to many rants calmly. You do have a way of making hd frustrations easier to tolerate. My question is in response to all of the home dept sex on the job stuff? What in the H--- is going on with that? Doesn't Atlanta worry about a sexual discrimination law suit? What happens when employees are caught having sex on the job in those strange places? Like where? Are employees reprimanded or giving a write up or is it covered up?
Sammy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Betty123 in Toronto, Ontario

80 months ago

I am from Canada and I know of a woman who has just been promoted to Assistant Store Manager. She has been with the company for several years and over the course of the years has had sex/dated at least 6 different men that I know of. On top of that, she can't do basic math or spell basic english words - how does someone like this get promoted and why do people let it happen? Why doesn't anyone say something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Impass in Olympia, Washington

80 months ago

nene2976 in Kenner, Louisiana said: I should have been suspicious when he was getting paid for times he did not even work and he kept getting raises. She also managed to find "grant" money
for him to pay off every debt he owed-car notes, credit cards, even rent for 2 years. I later found out that the stipulation was that he had to leave me.

Sorry, but you sound a bit delusional. Anyone who has worked in, or has knowledge of, corporate accounting and the scrutiny that this function is under (so that EXPENSES can be minimized, and profits can be maximized)will recognize this as pure fantasy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

googlin in Fredericksburg, Virginia

79 months ago

Beat up in CO in Colorado said: It is unbelievable the amount of dating and even sex that happens at Home Depot. The managers see new associates as "fresh meat" and some work their way through the employees. Frequently they look at how attractive the cashier is for the lumber doors. They want her to be easy on the eyes and encourage the contractors to come back.

Wooo...My fiance works for Hd now, and has told me about her store manager now in stafford who used to write her time in at the Fredericksburg store almost every night to have sex with her on the job.This went on for almost a year before he moved on to someone else. She and he were both married at the time and he is now married to a Hd HR. So I guess HD is the one taking the loss here as they are paying for it by the hour. But back to the subject..There is something very strange going on there for so many people to be married and having affairs in the building. What the hell is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.