Home Depot cuulture, Is S. Harrasement going on!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

autoguy in Georgia

81 months ago

After reading some of the posts here it sounds as though Home Depot may be in violation of keeping its working culture safe and harrasement free. I've seen it first hand and find often management looks the other way. If managers acknowledge the crime then they might get accused, rightly so. I wonder if all Home Depot Stores are experiencing this hidden culture. Everyone is afraid to blow the whistle. Whistle blowers usually loose their jobs.
A from GA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

F L in Georgia

81 months ago

This probably isn't the forum to bring this topic up on unless people are feeling to afraid of their job security that this is the only means of exposing this. It would seem to me that Home Depot would handle these issues internally and if employees feeling they work in a hostile environment are not happy with the internal dealings wth what ever may be going on, there are always legal ways to get represented fairly. H.D. is a very big company that has to much to loose by not squashing this stuff asap. One boss is not worth loosing many potential customers and the scandal. If you don't feel safe, this is not right. Go to the top to get protection.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

B40 in wilbraham, Massachusetts

81 months ago

autoguy in Georgia said: After reading some of the posts here it sounds as though Home Depot may be in violation of keeping its working culture safe and harrasement free. I've seen it first hand and find often management looks the other way. If managers acknowledge the crime then they might get accused, rightly so. I wonder if all Home Depot Stores are experiencing this hidden culture. Everyone is afraid to blow the whistle. Whistle blowers usually loose their jobs.
A from GA

Too bad this stuff is even going on. It only takes one bad orange to spoil it for everyone. Home Depot needs to wake up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

dth in ludlow, Massachusetts

81 months ago

My best friend used to work for Home Depot a few years ago. She personally never experienced this first hand. But, it was definitely going on and the culture was very hostile. The problem is that the top bosses never knew because it was kept from them. The middle mangers are usually aware and or involved. Middle management covers it up, or looks the other way. My best friend left because she felt uncomfortable. There is no need for this stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

dth in ludlow, Massachusetts

81 months ago

autoguy in Georgia said: After reading some of the posts here it sounds as though Home Depot may be in violation of keeping its working culture safe and harrasement free. I've seen it first hand and find often management looks the other way. If managers acknowledge the crime then they might get accused, rightly so. I wonder if all Home Depot Stores are experiencing this hidden culture. Everyone is afraid to blow the whistle. Whistle blowers usually loose their jobs.
A from GA

Auto guy.... Good for you for coming forward. Maybe now some will feel okay to expose the happenings going on. Auto guy.... HURRAY for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angela Jones 69 in Maple Grove, Minnesota

81 months ago

This place sounds similar to Cintas...management covering up the bad behavior of their favorites who feel they have the right to harrass others...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

carlil in Granby, Connecticut

81 months ago

Angela Jones 69 in Maple Grove, Minnesota said: This place sounds similar to Cintas...management covering up the bad behavior of their favorites who feel they have the right to harrass others...

This stinks. Why don't people speak up? Are they afraid to loose their Jobs? It seems to be the case everywhere. I would contacy EEOC. Are the customers complaining or gossiping?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacey2 in Warren, Massachusetts

81 months ago

dth in ludlow, Massachusetts said: My best friend used to work for Home Depot a few years ago. She personally never experienced this first hand. But, it was definitely going on and the culture was very hostile. The problem is that the top bosses never knew because it was kept from them. The middle mangers are usually aware and or involved. Middle management covers it up, or looks the other way. My best friend left because she felt uncomfortable. There is no need for this stuff.

Is she willing to speak up now, with legal representation? She should! Someone needs to be brave. Read the posts that Brad writes about this stuff. He sounds like he might be in a position to facilitate something to stop this stuff internally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisey jensen in Schenectady, New York

80 months ago

Legal representation, you name it. My friend was wrongfully terminated 6 months ago - she find a nice job at Lowe's actually, good for her. She is 63, and she filed an age discrimination with the Human Rights aANd the EEOC. The procedure is very long. Nobody is helping her, she has to hired an attorney. Home Depot offered an settlement - a ridiculous settlement. She said NO.

So, legal representation is MONEY, and the HD knows that most of their employees cannot simply afford to hire an attorney. It all that simple : they just expect you and me to shut up and pass the door with no words - even if we are in our rights. Shame on them.

We are wondering how many were discriminated against age ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

indiagirl in Spfld, Massachusetts

33 months ago

F L in Georgia said: This probably isn't the forum to bring this topic up on unless people are feeling to afraid of their job security that this is the only means of exposing this. It would seem to me that Home Depot would handle these issues internally and if employees feeling they work in a hostile environment are not happy with the internal dealings wth what ever may be going on, there are always legal ways to get represented fairly. H.D. is a very big company that has to much to loose by not squashing this stuff asap. One boss is not worth loosing many potential customers and the scandal. If you don't feel safe, this is not right. Go to the top to get protection.

I am afraid to report that the Wilbraham store is at it again! Middle managers dating the ladies or even married to them, favoritism favoritism, special favors, a very poor culture for the woman to work if not dating or sleeping with the bosses. So wrong and we are afraid of loosing our jobs if we speak up. I think if the bosses are dating the workers, then HD has a responsibility to separate and transfer couples to different stores. Unbelievable how common tis inner dating thing is. So many are excluded from special or extra's just because some of us have morals!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

dth in ludlow, Massachusetts said: My best friend used to work for Home Depot a few years ago. She personally never experienced this first hand. But, it was definitely going on and the culture was very hostile. The problem is that the top bosses never knew because it was kept from them. The middle mangers are usually aware and or involved. Middle management covers it up, or looks the other way. My best friend left because she felt uncomfortable. There is no need for this stuff.

I have a question for you Home Depot? Why is this actually very good company allowing their reputations to be tarnished with sexual favoritism? By the way HD the divorce rate for your employees is much higher than the national average? I wouldn't let my guy work here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

B40 in wilbraham, Massachusetts said: Too bad this stuff is even going on. It only takes one bad orange to spoil it for everyone. Home Depot needs to wake up!

I am afraid to say that the Wilbraham Home Depot is at it again!! More favoritism going on with the managers. Especially the ones that are dating the subordinates! It is not fair. The girls that are in relationships with the managers get extra considerations that the rest of us do not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

frank blake cheap in Federal Way, Washington

17 months ago

A from GA

home depot treats a lot of us very badly, it seems some of the part timers that kiss butt will get 40 hours and the rest of us will get 30. the CEO IS A CHEAP mofo we need 40 hours to survive. STORE 8944 needs to wake up and treat us better

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

frank blake cheap in Federal Way, Washington

17 months ago

frank blake cheap in Federal Way, Washington said: home depot treats a lot of us very badly, it seems some of the part timers that kiss butt will get 40 hours and the rest of us will get 30. the CEO IS A CHEAP mofo we need 40 hours to survive. STORE 8944 needs to wake up and treat us better

we all need to support each other on this nothing will get done unless we all work together contact home depot and stand up for our rights i need 40 hours to survive and it seems they don't care about us they would rather see us loose our homes. I make 10 dollars an hour we deserve more . The HR at store 8944 needs to treat a lot of us better it seems if you kiss butt you get what you want . but if you don't kiss butt they give you crapy hours and a lot of disrespect

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

barb49 bandy in Phoenix, Arizona

17 months ago

Finding a lawyer willing to take on Home Depot is difficult. If I ever win my wrongful termination case I'm going to endow a fund to help others fight for their rights against this tyrant of a company! I want to call it Orange Aide. Keep up the good fight out their. Strike one for the good guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.