Comments (18)

John Florida

96 months ago

Home Depot does not get back ever

Are their job ads ligitimate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Craig B

95 months ago

I was an HR Manager a HD for two years. I worked 50-70 hours a week doing HR, then they asked the HRs to work stocking shelves for one day a week extra. The training is very good at HD but many managers fake the training records to help thier bonus. One store faked most of the training to save on labor costs. The corporate office ran all the adds, most of the time the hiring manager did not even know about that the add was running.

Mat S in Loganville, Georgia

95 months ago

So the best way to get an interview is to go directly to the store and apply? Or should you do an online application and go to the store as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GH in Stockton, California

95 months ago

John Florida said: Home Depot does not get back ever

I'd say nobody is paying attention to these ads. I've replied to several, some more than once and have never heard anything. Yet the same ones keep being posted.

RP in Bethany, Connecticut

95 months ago

I think they promote from within but constantly fish for new applicants at the same time.

Ed in Cedar Creek, Texas

95 months ago

Mat S said: So the best way to get an interview is to go directly to the store and apply? Or should you do an online application and go to the store as well?

Doing an online is a waste of time. I applied online several weeks ago and have seen several ads run for the same store. Never got a call, e-mail, snail mail, nothing.

Steve C. in VT in Claremont, New Hampshire

95 months ago

I applied for a Customer Desk spot. The store in Claremont NH had no idea what the position was or why it was open. They insisted I apply via Corprate and I never heard a thing. Maybe now that they have paid the former CEO 217 Million to leave things will get better.

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

95 months ago

Indeed has taken a look at your concerns over the outdated Home Depot job listings. They have removed the outdated Home Depot listings and have put measures in place so they do not return.

John

95 months ago

If you look at all the Home Depot remarks

One person said the are reporting Home Depot to the FTC

Cloudmaster in Lincoln, Illinois

95 months ago

John Florida said: Home Depot does not get back ever

I don't think so. I search for "(linux or perl)" in my zip code. I constantly get back the result "Sales Associate (Full Time) - Home Decorators Collection - new, Home Depot (164 comments) - my town".

First of all, there *is* no Home Depot in my small rural town. The closest one is 40 minutes away on the Interstate - but the results says there's one in the zip code I search for. When I click the ad, it's actually in a similarly named city - but I'm searching based on zip code, not city name.

Second, selling home furnishings does not in any way related to Unix systems administration. Neither of my keywords are actually in the ad. They're clearly just spamming with every possible keyword imaginable, which I find appalling.

sheela in Bakersfield, California

95 months ago

ive got a reply from there recruitment firm they seemed to like me and interviewd me then pased my resume to corporate hd who rescheduled my interview 2 times then finally interviewed me which went off well from there they passed my resume to hd local where no one has contacted me its been 3 weeks now.....theres sometging wrong with theur administration

99 in Minonk, Illinois

95 months ago

nice

Robert Tobys in Portland, Oregon

95 months ago

I applied for the HD Leadership training program. I was contacted by their HR (a recruitment/placement company), completed an interview with them and had my resume passed on to HD.
I have extensive business background and an MBA, yet they (HD) emailed me and said that I didn't qualify and that they had other "better" contacts.
I don't know what is going on over their or who is making the decisions, but I was very much qualified and am very frustrated that they didn't even give me a single in person interview.
Further, they continue to post job opening for Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager for all the stores in the Portland, Oregon region. Are they firing all their Managers in all the stores? Strange.

HD Employee in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

95 months ago

RP said: I think they promote from within but constantly fish for new applicants at the same time.

Isn't that exactly the sort of employer you'd want to work for? A company who makes every effort to promote from within? Wouldn't you want your hard work and dedication to be rewarded by increased pay and responsibility? It seems to me that Home Depot is doing exactly what they should be doing.

TexasEd in Cedar Creek, Texas

95 months ago

HD Employee said:
Isn't that exactly the sort of employer you'd want to work for? A company who makes every effort to promote from within? Wouldn't you want your hard work and dedication to be rewarded by increased pay and responsibility? It seems to me that Home Depot is doing exactly what they should be doing.

Sounds like you wave a little too much flag for Homely Depot. Maybe you aren't the un-biased respondent you pretend to be. I applied online to HD and at the end of their application they ask for your date of birth. Now, I thought that HD of a lot of large corporations might be a little more age friendly but.... I guess not. Also, the store in Bastrop. Texas never, never has enough staff to help. And I have never been asked if I could be helped. So keep your pitiful little comments for someone who hasn't dealt with the likes of HD and their incompetent CEO's who take millions when they are asked to leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grey702 in Charlotte, North Carolina

87 months ago

Robert Tobys in Portland, Oregon said: I applied for the HD Leadership training program. I was contacted by their HR (a recruitment/placement company), completed an interview with them and had my resume passed on to HD.
I have extensive business background and an MBA, yet they (HD) emailed me and said that I didn't qualify and that they had other "better" contacts.
I don't know what is going on over their or who is making the decisions, but I was very much qualified and am very frustrated that they didn't even give me a single in person interview.
Further, they continue to post job opening for Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager for all the stores in the Portland, Oregon region. Are they firing all their Managers in all the stores? Strange.

Don't feel bad I also have an MBA and its been 2weeks I haven't even gotten an email.

leigh rios

87 months ago

I have applied there and never heard a word from them

on the titanic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

TexasEd in Cedar Creek, Texas said: Sounds like you wave a little too much flag for Homely Depot. Maybe you aren't the un-biased respondent you pretend to be. I applied online to HD and at the end of their application they ask for your date of birth. Now, I thought that HD of a lot of large corporations might be a little more age friendly but.... I guess not. Also, the store in Bastrop. Texas never, never has enough staff to help. And I have never been asked if I could be helped. So keep your pitiful little comments for someone who hasn't dealt with the likes of HD and their incompetent CEO's who take millions when they are asked to leave.

While I must agree that our previous CEO was a thief and our current one isn't much better, you are incorrect re:DOB. The HD must make sure its applicants are over 18 years of age, also when applications are viewed by the HR for considerationf for interviews age/DOB are not visible. The question "Are you over the age of 18?" is however. Reasons people may not be called are the hours they make themselves available, if they passed the test during the online appl, and pay. Also, sometimes stores are hiring b/c they are under hours/understaffed and lets say they hire 4FT assoc you just added 160hrs of payroll to your week that your SM didn't forecast 2-3wks before & you are now running over hours. If your store is not meeting sales plan, which most are not given our current recession in the works then your lucky if they drop your sales plan and you are screwed with staffing issues. It's not easy and if current associates have to open their availability up & be fully flex do you think it's fair to hire someone who wants a wknd day off. Our associates don't get a whole wknd off unless they request it. The "Business Needs" crap.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.