Just got fired yesterday from Home Depot!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 238)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

32 months ago

I was under the impression that all big box stores are shrinking their footprints. Build new smaller stores. Abandon the old big stores.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

johndoe1980 in Home Depot Sucks, Georgia

32 months ago

Shannon Hoffman in Spring Hill, Tennessee said: Making excuses for Corporate Greed!
If Home Depot was a good place to work they wouldn't have a big turnover in their workforce.
Face it, RETAIL sucks no matter who you work for.
If people were smart they would organize a UNION! I know there are those of you Idiots who think union's are unnecessary but that's because you are either an idiot or a suck ass or both.

Its reasons like what you stated Shannon Hoffman that they need to organize a union. Their anti union video is on the web. Look it up. Its disgusting. Same with Target and I think even Walmart. Even if they do unionize, its a shame we all won't be there to see it since we will be long gone. People told me that when I leave, I would be stress free and I do indeed notice that. No more stressed with cutting overtime, doing work outside of your job responsibility and dealing with an ungrateful manager. Bob Nardelli even with him gone has sent that once great company to the ground even with Frank Blake at the helm. Blake isn't doing much and it shows. He was one of Nardelli's boys for a reason. A union will not cure the problem, but it sure will help keep the managers in check. You do have rights and they have a responsibility in keeping their employees happy or else you do have a right to call your union rep if you have one or the Department of Labor and if they fire you because of it, you can sue for wrongful termination. Its reasons that they get away with murder is also reasons of their high turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shannonhoffman in Spring Hill, Tennessee

32 months ago

That's true, it's not just Home Depot, it's many many companies.
Why do you think they are so against unions? If they treated people right they wouldn't have to worry about people organizing.
They don't want a union because it limits their ability to do as they please.

Unions are not prefect, they have their problems but I say again, if you are against unions you are an idiot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

deedodweeb in Trenton, New Jersey

32 months ago

We as individuals might not have the capital or inclination to start our own businesses, BUT we are responsible for how well we negotiate when we sell our own labor. A union is one way workers can band together and gain more power from their collective bargaining strength. How well a union is run is up to the members, just like our own government. The pendulum has swung hard against unions during the past 20 years. Perhaps it is time that it swings back, and the retail industry is the most likely target, since many of the political decisions made by both ends of the political spectrum have exported the types of jobs that used to provide a decent living to the average joe. Organize!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MaryMRevis in Dayton, Ohio

31 months ago

@SayNoToDepot in Avon, Ohio While I do understand your feelings of being upset over the loss of a 4 year job, at 4 years on the job..you SHOULD KNOW the policies. You stated everyone you knew leaves the store on their breaks. If these are the on-the-clock 15 breaks, then they should NOT be doing it. Hence, why would YOU follow what others are doing if it's wrong..just because they are doing it?. Your focus should have been "I don't want to lose my 4 year job just for a cup of coffee". In any case, it is sad this happened for whatever reasons. Both you and the store had blurred lines. You for seemingly not realizing store policies after 4 years there, and the store (specifically dept. heads and management) for allowing the policy to be broken, where others can see it and think they also can do it.

31 months ago

@SayNoToDepot in Avon, Ohio While I do understand your feelings of being upset over the loss of a 4 year job, at 4 years on the job..you SHOULD KNOW the policies. You stated everyone you knew leaves the store on their breaks. If these are the on-the-clock 15 breaks, then they should NOT be doing it. Hence, why would YOU follow what others are doing if it's wrong..just because they are doing it?. Your focus should have been "I don't want to lose my 4 year job just for a cup of coffee". In any case, it is sad this happened for whatever reasons. Both you and the store had blurred lines. You for seemingly not realizing store policies after 4 years there, and the store (specifically dept. heads and management) for allowing the policy to be broken, where others can see it and think they also can do it. Oh, and just to share with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

@SayNoToDepot in Avon, Ohio While I do understand your feelings of being upset over the loss of a 4 year job, at 4 years on the job..you SHOULD KNOW the policies. You stated everyone you knew leaves the store on their breaks. If these are the on-the-clock 15 breaks, then they should NOT be doing it. Hence, why would YOU follow what others are doing if it's wrong..just because they are doing it?. Your focus should have been "I don't want to lose my 4 year job just for a cup of coffee". In any case, it is sad this happened for whatever reasons. Both you and the store had blurred lines. You for seemingly not realizing store policies after 4 years there, and the store (specifically dept. heads and management) for allowing the policy to be broken, where others can see it and think they also can do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Re-Invent Yourself in Paso Robles, California

29 months ago

I've worked at depot for 5 yrs. Started on the Freight Team. I'm between 40 and 50 yrs. old. I stumbled on this post trying to login to employee self service to verify my vacation time. I never planned on staying there, needed the insurance. I've had a lot of interviews for "Grown up" jobs since I started working there, State, County, every combination, but I have no Degree. As I right this I'm researching the location of The LastLogonTimeStamp attribute of an Active Directory account in Windows Server 2008 R2. I've graduated from a Vocational IT school like ITT Tech using Federal loans for the last 18 mos. for IT/Network Administrator. Lots of jobs out there. I agree with a lot of these posts, but Please Re-Invent yourself and move on...life is to short, enough said, need to study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

will let me go in Grants Pass, Oregon

29 months ago

Re-Invent Yourself in Paso Robles, California said: I've worked at depot for 5 yrs. Started on the Freight Team. I'm between 40 and 50 yrs. old. I stumbled on this post trying to login to employee self service to verify my vacation time. I never planned on staying there, needed the insurance . I've had a lot of interviews for "Grown up" jobs since I started working there, State, County, every combination, but I have no Degree. As I right this I'm researching the location of The LastLogonTimeStamp attribute of an Active Directory account in Windows Server 2008 R2. I've graduated from a Vocational IT school like ITT Tech using Federal loans for the last 18 mos. for IT/Network Administrator . Lots of jobs out there. I agree with a lot of these posts, but Please Re-Invent yourself and move on...life is to short, enough said, need to study.
I agree , former kitchen designer oregon, lived arroyo grande all my life, they shafted me age 50 white male ..F-EM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

no union at HD in Virginia said: Most know that the $10-$11 hour hourly wage is terrible when average stores are generating 25-30% margine.

Not all store profit! If the union give raises across the board based on a "25% profit" what of those store that don't profit. Let me guess, you'll take money from another store? Eventually you will run into a deficit. Somethings gotta give, will it be the union dues?

It's much better to allow , the employees to be treat like throw away people, these people do Not Support their employees one bit the shove their Stuff down you neck how they help people in the community, the homer fund .. the manager will sell their soul to the devil if you drop a dime on the floor, this co. is full of Money grubbing .. walk over anyones body any time any place, they should be union .. all the mangers want is the Assoc. to deeply kiss their rear every chance they get .. Money grubbing people. One guy from here said he him self need to a adult job.. I have a trade.. the times took that way from me,Things are getting better My adult job No thanks to our President !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Female at Home Dump in Union, Kentucky said:

You got Fired because they need to cut payroll .. bingo easy.

I was making $18 as a kitchen designer , They pressured me out .. wages ,age , working for ..mostly woman run store, store manger woman check, ASM woman,check, dept. super woman check, co worker woman check ,caused problems , COS woman check.. Guy from HQ ATL called me , that has nothing to do with you feeling pressure to resign .. They do not like Older white males.. They should have a union .. Most places have a fire at will .. so they use it .. No one stays there long.. It easy to get rid of people..
Ps I work with woman all the time.. most woman are great.. but if you are on the wrong side look out ... The phone call from guy From ATL HQ really pissed me off.. they pushed me out of the dept. because I was a man..daa . I have never seen such dumb people.. if you work at depot, you need some great butt kissing skills.. and better not make over 10 bucks a hour !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

karriegard in Salt Lake City, Utah

29 months ago

I was fired from Home Depot. I reported a coworker for smoking in the store. While on a lunch break that cowork walked by me smoking and stated that he could smoke where he wanted when he wanted because Dave our manager said he could. I make the comment "well arent you special because you can smoke in the store and nobody else can. Though I can be called a 8itch and asked if I wanted to ride a robot ick by some of my co workers that have work here longer than I and they are not terminated. I have filed a lawsuit against them. They has also refused to pay me for money that they owe me. So I sit at home looking for a new job and taking care of my family while The Home Depot pays me for 40 hours a week and they do not even know it yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cooldudefromsd in Jackson, Michigan

29 months ago

will let me go in Grants Pass, Oregon said: It's much better to allow , the employees to be treat like throw away people, these people do Not Support their employees one bit the shove their Stuff down you neck how they help people in the community , the homer fund .. the manager will sell their soul to the devil if you drop a dime on the floor, this co. is full of Money grubbing .. walk over anyones body any time any place, they should be union .. all the mangers want is the Assoc. to deeply kiss their rear every chance they get .. Money grubbing people. One guy from here said he him self need to a adult job.. I have a trade.. the times took that way from me,Things are getting better My adult job No thanks to our President !

unions are inflexible and suck money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

richardgardner in TOOELE, Utah

29 months ago

I was terminated from the Home Depot for calling a coworker special because he was smoking in the store and not getting in trouble for it. I reported him to management and HR; and then I was terminated for misconduct; but this same co worker and his girlfriend would call me &itch and talk about sex and their private parts in detail. I reported this was grounds to fire me REALLY? THE M.E.T MERCHANDISING EXECUTION TEAM NEEDS TO BE TERMINATED FROM THE HOME DEPOT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

divergirl in Brookhaven, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

I see there are a lot of disgruntled former employees of Home Depot, not just me. I was fired on false accusations, but I was really fired for the way I think. Someone should tell THD Corporate that thought control is illegal and unacceptable in America. If they want to do that, they should move to North Korea, or Iran!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shannonhoffman in Spring Hill, Tennessee

29 months ago

All employers should be unionized
Why do you think companies don't like unions?
It's because they can't screw people around

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KGard in Salt Lake City, Utah

29 months ago

yeah HD terminated me to for no reason. I have contacted the Utah labor and wage commission and I have filed a case against them. Monday I meet with my attorney to get the paperwork ready to take them to court. I have so much proof/evidence and paper trail that I was advised by my attorney we have a very strong case. Maybe the Union will see all the wrong that the HD is doing and how they make us sit through a 45 min video telling how not to give our signature to the Union or we will be terminated WTF AND WOW. My husband has been Union for almost 20 years; and my father in law (God rest is soul) was head of the AFLCIO for years. Home Depot is the same as Wal Mart just hidden behind orange paint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

KGard in Salt Lake City, Utah said: yeah HD terminated me to for no reason. I have contacted the Utah labor and wage commission and I have filed a case against them. Monday I meet with my attorney to get the paperwork ready to take them to court. I have so much proof/evidence and paper trail that I was advised by my attorney we have a very strong case. Maybe the Union will see all the wrong that the HD is doing and how they make us sit through a 45 min video telling how not to give our signature to the Union or we will be terminated WTF AND WOW. My husband has been Union for almost 20 years; and my father in law (God rest is soul) was head of the AFLCIO for years. Home Depot is the same as Wal Mart just hidden behind orange paint.

lie. the video does not say you will be fired for it. it just said be carefu what you sign. and it told abut the inflexibility of unions and their bossy tactics, and that uniuns don't guarantee anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CharmedUtah in Salt Lake City, Utah

29 months ago

Sorry; but we watched a video for 45 mins and it was questioned how Home Depot could fire an employee for signing a union card. We were told a story about over 20 HD employee's that signed this union card and where terminated for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

CharmedUtah in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Sorry; but we watched a video for 45 mins and it was questioned how Home Depot could fire an employee for signing a union card. We were told a story about over 20 HD employee's that signed this union card and where terminated for it

if they were fired that's illegal per Labor Act.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

remosantini in Torrance, California

28 months ago

Just a heads up from a former employee(quit not fired) KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO at HD. If you opt for unrestricted schedule LOOK OUT. They will have you close at 12 pm and turn around right back at 7 am. The most important thing to remember is that the more money you make the better your chance of being fired. In 6 months They fired over 20 employees at the Carson Ca store and I do not believe it was coincidental they were some of the higher paid associates. I came to work every shift on time and did my job well and received outstanding reviews, but I never lost sight of the fact you could be fired for any petty reason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

mdc76082 in Littleton, Colorado said: In a working sense, you weren't making very good money at all, but at least you were employed. Other than that, everyone "badmouths" corporations, when situations for one reason or another do not go there way. You evidently did not meet corporate standards and therefore, you were let go.

It is common place for former employees who are angry to say nothing positive, but rather, they attack a company and draw conclusions based on their "personal" and "what they perceive" as attacks by a company on them, and they come to a place such as this and do nothing but complained about it. Who cares? Basically, you just couldn't do a simple job, keep corporate happy (they love profits - that's how business works), and just simply do your job. Nobody "attacked" you, no one treated you "badly" it was all how you perceived the experience. Shocking ain't it...and also, like the one poster put it, "The Army is still looking for people." Whiners like you give workers who do good, and are happy at doing what they do and who they work for a very bad name. Disgusting.

Did your store manager give you a candy bar for defending the orange?

28 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Have to disagree with you Mr. Union thug, at our store very few people get term'd that didn't see it coming by way of warnings and write-ups. The system is in place to weed out the associates who don't pull their own weight, or are a negative influence on overall store morale. Yes there is a bit of selective enforcement, but it's for the good of all.

Or to weed out the higher paid employees - You will be a victim some day soon

28 months ago

James1963 in Parlin, New Jersey said: Wow. thats all. such a small box you work at. When you work at a high volume store then maybe we will listen to you. As it is, you dont even know the correct way to read stats. Must be a wanna be manager.

LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NotPaid in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

Commissioned in home sales people beware of your sales being house canceled by management and then re-written by management so you do not get paid the commission and they do.

28 months ago

no union at HD in Virginia said: Fix HD what company next? When is enough, enough. When did America breed so many thin skinned, take business so personal individuals? You are telling me in your AD time frame you could not ride someone hard at work and then go and have a beer with that individual? Or perhaps someone rode you would you call that person and @s$ and only respect the rank?
Now to the union. Did the union keep the big three automakers CEOs from receiving a bonus? Did the union keep Chrysler from being bought out by Fiat? Bad management will still protect bad workers even in a Union. More positions will not be created just because you have a union. If the position is not there the position is not there. Will you be happy to be promoted just because of the union, will it make you feel accomplished, even if the other individual was more qualified and had more family and worked hard and had better reviews but you got it because you were in the Union. Would that make you feel good? You are in the Union clique does that make you different than the clique of management that already exists? Will the cost of union fees for the cashiers be of the same percentage as it is for hourly employees that have been there over 10 years? With all Government involvement we have now can DC really afford more lobbying? Will you strike in CA if FL has a hurricane and receives a bonus because of the sales? Will the customer be happy when someone shuts down a cashier line because union demands they receive more than one 15 min break every four hours. Would the union fight for me to be able to keep my FICA tax and let me invest it myself.

All I know is there used to actually be a middle class in this country when union membership was high -Now with the private sector at less than 7% union SEE ANY COROLLATION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

What really saddens me is the people who have bought into the whole idea of the Home Depot " Family of Orange" concept. The people who post positive comments about HD or defend the Orange are probably very good, dedicated workers. Unfortunately they will some day become a victim of their salary. The simple fact is anyone can be trained to work at HD in a short amount of time.The safest people are working at the pro desk because they actually need continuity there.Does it surprise anyone that most employee purges take place just before Success Sharing payouts? Wake up this is one of the largest employers in the USA and it will always be about the bottom line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

cooldudefromsd in Jackson, Michigan said: lie. the video does not say you will be fired for it. it just said be carefu what you sign. and it told abut the inflexibility of unions and their bossy tactics, and that uniuns don't guarantee anything.

Nice spelling

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

mdc76082 in Littleton, Colorado said: In a working sense, you weren't making very good money at all, but at least you were employed. Other than that, everyone "badmouths" corporations, when situations for one reason or another do not go there way. You evidently did not meet corporate standards and therefore, you were let go.

It is common place for former employees who are angry to say nothing positive, but rather, they attack a company and draw conclusions based on their "personal" and "what they perceive" as attacks by a company on them, and they come to a place such as this and do nothing but complained about it. Who cares? Basically, you just couldn't do a simple job, keep corporate happy (they love profits - that's how business works), and just simply do your job. Nobody "attacked" you, no one treated you "badly" it was all how you perceived the experience. Shocking ain't it...and also, like the one poster put it, "The Army is still looking for people." Whiners like you give workers who do good, and are happy at doing what they do and who they work for a very bad name. Disgusting.

Your claims may be true for some employees, but not all. THD employment is "at will", if so, WHY would they have to fire me on two false accusations? To keep me from getting unemployment for 8 weeks? After I left, an assistant store manager even stole my old bike!! (Reported to police)And I'm 65 so no "Army" for me (unfortunately).

Jack Kerouac in Newport News, Virginia

27 months ago

Yesterday, a customer while returning her grill, complained about me sharing my work experience while loading a grill. The OPS manager and Store manager sided with the customer. They decided that it was time to terminate me. I decided to resign instead of being terminated. In the eighteen months I worked there, Home Depot didn't seem to recognize hard work. They seemed to give out Homer Badges and job promotions to people who snitch and slack (basically people who were in their little clique). The pay was not good. I had to wait a year for a raise and they only gave me a very small one. They promoted tow DSs to ASMs who were basically not ready for it and just horsed around. Three people got promoted to DS who had less experience than I and didn't do anything. It was such a great relief to me. I won't miss working at The Home Depot.
I know with Lowe's and all these big box corporations like Walmart, Target, Office Depot etc. they all work off corporate politics. Everything goes great there until someone makes a mistake and the old saying goes "crap runs downhill." If any of you work at Lowe's just as well as these other big box corporations, BE CAREFUL THERE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zlloyd1 in Norfolk, Virginia

26 months ago

I too was fired from Home Depot after only 2 months working as an overnight freight associate....
I was given only one warning four days after starting the job, which claimed that I went out to my car for 20 minutes while on the clock. This was entirely fictional, I went out to my car because I needed to get a pen, and paper to make a list that Dan, my supervisor, wanted me to make of some SKU numbers that needed to be checked in receiving, and I was out there at most for 5 minutes to gather these materials. Still, when I came back in there was Cree, another manager, waiting at the door, who then asked me to come back to the office to talk to him, which I did. He proceeded to claim that I had taken an unauthorized break for 20 minutes, which was ridiculous. The next time I came in for work, Cree called me back to the office again, where he had a disciplinary action notice called up on the computer also claiming that I had taken an unauthorized, 20 minute break while on the clock. I did not sign this....
So, for the next month everything seemed to be moving along smoothly, I came in on time, ALWAYS, and stayed until the early morning when everything was done, and I was told to punch out. Then, last night, I got a call asking me if I could come in early to have a discussion over something. So, I did come in a half an hour early, and when I got there, I was hustled to the back office, where Cree was waiting, on the computer. My heart sank, because every time I had needed to talk to Cree, he was complaining about my performance. Still, I listened, and the first thing he said was that he was talking to me because I was being terminated, to which I was astounded, and asked why. He said that I was unproductive on the job, and claimed that there were a number of incidences where I had been just wandering around while at work....
This was fiction, and the only times I was wandering on the job was to find equipment that I was sent to retrieve.
This was unbelievable!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Roscommon, Michigan

23 months ago

I was still in training and they called me today to say they're "cutting back" and I'm no longer needed. I'm not stupid. It was just on the news that a cashier was caught embezzling. I was a cashier so I know they're short. They were short before! During my interview, I was told my part time hours would be weekends holidays and some Thursdays and Fridays. I was also told I would get my schedule 3 weeks in advance. Well, none of this happened. Unfortunately, after I was hired, I landed in the emergency room with a gallbladder attack and had to call in. A procedure (cardiac catheterization), which I scheduled for a Monday due to what I was told during my interview, I was asked to CANCEL from the human resource rep. She was rude on the phone and didn't seem to care that I wasn't given any notice of my schedule. I refused to cancel the cardiac cath, I told her my health was more important, so I'm not surprised they let me go. She wanted me to work at 6 am the day after the cath. I wasn't told I couldn't work after so I agreed. Unfortunately, they couldn't go through my arm, they had to go through my groin and they told me I couldn't be on my feet for 48 hours. I told my husband I might as well call in dead. He called me in while I was still recovering and the human resource rep was unprofessional and rude to him also. I've been in management and I didn't get there by poor attendance but I know they aren't aware of this. I would raise an eye too if a new employee was calling in like that. But I wouldn't be unprofessional or rude. And I wouldn't be heartless. I know they say doctors notes won't help with time off but I could prove I was sincere. I wasn't calling in with the sniffles, a headache or saying that my car wouldn't start. But none the less, as much as they promote how much they care about their employees. There are some that need to not only talk the talk but also walk the walk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

nicsdragon in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Wow...and you cannot read. He clearly stated "leaving the store property". Get a band aid cause you're dripping orange blood everywhere!

tarheel00 in Batavia, Ohio said: Wow...you're misinformed and insulting. Yes, I do work for HD, and you clearly do not know the policy. SOP does not, in any way, state that you can not leave the store (to go outside or to your car). The policy is very clear that you can not leave the property, when on the clock, unless it is for company business . One can only wonder what other policies you were unable to understand.
As for your personal attack, I feel no need to respond. Good luck in your future employment.

nicsdragon in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Your are kidding yourself if you think you won't give HD a reason to fire you! They can fire you for any reason at all including writing on this very board!! My friend is a hardworking employee who got his final write up for not signing onto the First phone. During his shift on a Saturday; as a Greeter, he was handed the First phone by a DH who
said "jon" went on break so take it. My friend said I can't answer the phone while I'm greeting?! The DH ignored him and left. He didn't even tell him that no one was even signed in! The whole thing was completely redicilous & now one more BS write up and he's out!

Nancy in Saginaw, Michigan

22 months ago

Even with "at-will"employment, employees do have rights. It's different between states. If you or someone you know feels their job is in jeopardy, they should seek legal counsel. Most employers don't even realize this! They take advantage of employees thinking they can be terminated for ANY reason. NOT true!!! Your rights are limited but you do have some!!!

cyfulton in Bronx, New York

22 months ago

Since money is an issue, here, and the low wage a factor, people are always getting taken advantage of and fired for no apparent reason. I bet that if at all possible, we can all avoid working at Home Depot, and choose another place, in large numbers, to the point they do not have workers to actually run the place and pick up the wood planks, the light fixtures, the blinds, help the customers, ring at the register and the like, then they would be in a pickle that they would feel.

Hopefully in a world where bad press and social media rein, people can avoid this choice as a place to work, and let the big wigs run it themselves. Even down to the janitorial areas, stock and the like. It is possible to get their attention and hit them where they would feel it as well.

Whaddya say? Can we do this as the general public?

bluto in Live Oak, Florida

21 months ago

tarheel00 in Batavia, Ohio said: If you worked there for 4+ years, you should know that you can't leave the property while you are on the clock. That is told to new associates at Orientation. Don't blame other people for the fact that you broke a clearly written and explained rule!
CORPORATE SUCK ASS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

cyfulton in Bronx, New York said: Since money is an issue, here, and the low wage a factor, people are always getting taken advantage of and fired for no apparent reason. I bet that if at all possible, we can all avoid working at Home Depot , and choose another place, in large numbers, to the point they do not have workers to actually run the place and pick up the wood planks, the light fixtures, the blinds, help the customers, ring at the register and the like, then they would be in a pickle that they would feel.

Hopefully in a world where bad press and social media rein, people can avoid this choice as a place to work, and let the big wigs run it themselves. Even down to the janitorial areas, stock and the like. It is possible to get their attention and hit them where they would feel it as well.

Whaddya say? Can we do this as the general public?

Yes that's a great idea but people just won't do it. They only want for themselves!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

yankee in Sioux City, Iowa

21 months ago

tarheel00 in Batavia, Ohio said: If you worked there for 4+ years, you should know that you can't leave the property while you are on the clock. That is told to new associates at Orientation. Don't blame other people for the fact that you broke a clearly written and explained rule!

The supervisor's always leave to get food or personal business. What is the big deal? I have not but I am a no body!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

helenrice93@*****.*** in Tucson, Arizona

20 months ago

How does the Home Depot associates feel about Shift Differential? I am a EOCC member and would like to get some feed back from present employee's. I might be beating a dead horse but I am sure if there is positive impact from honest people things can make a difference. The Associates I represent are hard working individuals who have family's and work nights. They miss out on most of there children's life. My kids are grown and I am older with issues of fighting with my significant other because we do not spend any time together. This is because I am always asleep! Shift Differential will not change our sleep habits but will help in saving money to get that quality time for our family's. Most people do not want to work nights because of this reason. I have spoken to other companies to witch I have made a difference in. Maybe with your help I can with the Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Home Depot did some similar thing to me I was fired,from as they said stealing time I apparently I wasn't clocking out for my lunch breaks leaving the building without punching out .Always made my sales plan , gotten homer
Badges , all star badge. Always on the top 3 in store, always in the top 10 in the district. Besides if I haven't clock out for lunch I'll have overtime like crazy rite. But how crazy it sounds now if you know that if you have missed punches the clock going to make a sound, and you going to need a goober sign by management. They fired me in august right but it started in April 4 months no unions, @ will they can fired you even though I didn't had a verbal warning nothing they fired me without knowing what the he'll they talking about because I know that I was clocking out for my break let me see the footage that they claim they have when I just walk pass the time clock without use it .New M.O.D.S & dept head BUT WHY ME I JUST WANNA DO MY JOB TRUST ME, it's more worse stuff happening there then picking on me and got me Fired

Toponeroc in Bronx, New York

20 months ago

What a bunch of ass kissers, I am glad that I will never work at HD. By the way, 17hrs is not good pay, but then again, many here don't have any education. Hahaha, I make $30 per sitting at computer desk all day, be smart, go to college and stop wasting your lives working for corporate slavers...peace!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Vincent in Brentwood, California

19 months ago

SayNoToDepot in Avon, Ohio said: This will be good therapy for me...
I worked for Home Depot for 4 1/2 years...New Dept. Head was hired in, New Store Manager past 6 months...they decided to "clean house" nothing you can do because of the "at will" law in Ohio...Literally " fire " at will...you don't need a single reason why...In short I was making pretty good money as a kitchen designer $17.00 an hour..my reviews were always good and had excellent customer comments...I was third in "dollars per hour" among my peers....not bad, just not as good as theirs...this dept. head sat me down for the first write up which was rediculous...a few months went by, then a few days ago they told me to come into the office...since my first write up they added three more, which I wasn't even aware of, more crazy accusations....then I was "in there sights"...then a few days after that they called me into the Loss Prevention office and charged me with leaving the store property, which I did to go get coffee, they said it wasn't company policy to leave the property during breaks...everyone I knew did it so I never questioned it..worked retail all my life...it didn't surprise me...Only work there if, you're part time, a college student, or a retired person that has to get out of the house...not a good place to consider it a career type job...Think about it, they don't lay off at Home Depot,they harass you until you quit or transfer to another store, or they fire you.. I was making about 30,000 a year, fire me and nine other workers at the same pay scale, you just saved the company over $300,000..if you do work there, memorize the associate handbook, or "My Apron" as they call it and pray that you don't do anything wrong...oh, it wouldn't hurt to "kiss a lot of ass..."

Talk to friends and relatives that may have worked at a Home Depot...Home Depot may have been a good place in the past but I think times have changed..

think twice about the Big Orange Box!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

vincent63 in Brentwood, California

19 months ago

whats your post have to do in any way about getting fired from Home Depot??

wow in Scarborough, Ontario

18 months ago

DS of plumping Maria at store 7080 is the worst associate I've ever seen

18 months ago

remosantini in Torrance, California said: Nice spelling

To mdc76082 in Littleton CO: hey Jerk!! You have NO basis to call me a liar, incompetent, or not having done my job, etc.! Everyone has a right to complain when they're fired after a "Spanish Inquisition" type questioning for a very simple thing, which hurt NO ONE, and further, to use FALSE ACCUSATIONS of wrongdoing as an excuse to fire a loyal employee. You need to try to become more fair-minded and considerate of other folks' victimizations. I used to be a machine designer, on-the-board drafting, mechanical, in the 70's and 80's. I went back to college in 2008, did very well, even made the Dean's list, went into debt with student loans and now, debt & no job! THAT'S how I would up at Home Depot in the first place. Since THD terminated me, I haven't been able to get any but restaurant jobs. Nice way to treat a loyal Senior citizen who made sacrifices to do a good job. Also, just before the termination I was reprimanded by my ASM for chasing a thief just a few feet from the building to get a license number of the getaway car. Ain't that just a shame?!

18 months ago

helenrice93@yahoo.com in Tucson, Arizona said: How does the Home Depot associates feel about Shift Differential? I am a EOCC member and would like to get some feed back from present employee's. I might be beating a dead horse but I am sure if there is positive impact from honest people things can make a difference. The Associates I represent are hard working individuals who have family's and work nights. They miss out on most of there children 's life. My kids are grown and I am older with issues of fighting with my significant other because we do not spend any time together. This is because I am always asleep! Shift Differential will not change our sleep habits but will help in saving money to get that quality time for our family's. Most people do not want to work nights because of this reason. I have spoken to other companies to witch I have made a difference in. Maybe with your help I can with the Home Depot.

I never heard of a "shift differential" in THD. I worked crazy hours - til 10PM one nite then coming in at 5:45 AM next day, and every conceivable shift in between. I never complained. Didn't help me any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Franklin, Ohio

18 months ago

When I started at homedepot about 3 months ago it seemed like a great place to work. The pay is terrible and they are very anti union, mostly because they are afraid that they may have to pay a descent wage. My manager is a great guy, however due to family issues I needed to reduce my hours and the store manager denied my request. I guess he would rather me call off so he can fire me. If he wants me to choose between home depot and family that is a very easy choice for me.When it was time for my six month review I was working at self check out and was very buusy, my manager came up to me and pulled out the review and said here are the comments I wrote now just sign it. I am not going to miss working for that company but I will miss working with the people I work with every day.

AntiOrangeNow

18 months ago

Well... I'll what my experience was with Home Depot. I was hired as a cashier, and was told the policies and procedures. All went well for the first two weeks. I began to notice that some front end managers, would be walking around and giving out Homer Awards. I was told awards was for above and beyond great service. Yet one newly hired (only 8 days on the job) male cashier received one, simply by helping a front end manager clean snow off her car. I was also told there would be no unusual touching or contact by management and employees. However that same male cashier was seen hugging the same female manager...who's car was cleaned off. This display happened in the front entrance of the store, near the cash registers for everyone to see. Don't get me wrong…I think it was a nice gesture what the cashier did. But did that really warrant an award, when others have done clearly higher standards for the customers? and have not received any...after service of two or three or four years. Wow just wow. Home Depot management really is screwed up at this particular store. Located in West Chester Ohio. I was seriously disappointed and a bit angry at the hypocrisy the store was allowed to get away with. I am now very happy in my field and cashier job that I have..far away from Home Depot. Home Depot seriously lost out on a good employees with their policies and practices. Just sign me "Orange never again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lightend in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

I think someone should write a novel base on these stories from The Home Depot employees. Indeed I enjoyed it very much. These are 200+ amazing real stories. www.homedepoter.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.