Just how much control to front end supervisors have?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

bob vila in Windsor Mill, Maryland

59 months ago

ok here's the background- been with the company for 7 years, used to work in paint- now im in hardware. The front end supervisor used to be my supervisor in my paint days.

Just yesterday a customer (or employee? didn't see it happen) vomited ALL over the floor and he told me to mop it up. I was with a customer and our pro desk man trying to locate an item and he followed ME around hardware telling me i needed to do it right now, rather than just asking someone else who wasn't doing anything, or GETTING OUR JANITOR. You see, there's a lot of bad history between us, and i think he misses being able to boss me around. Also, not related to me- he's constantly being addressed in town hall meetings- should have been fired LONG ago, but his sister works as a manager

In the end, I did NOT clean it up and he was a bit threatening, asking me what time i get off, and 'we're gonna have a talk later'

I'm not afraid of him- and management loves me cause I'm always making signs for them (also not my job, but I was an art major in college and it's certainly more fun than cleaning up vomit), but like the subject says, just how much control does he have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scubabum in N Ft Myers, Florida

59 months ago

Bob, If your front end super had a brain they would have known that vomit is hazmat. It is a body fluid and subject to hazmat guide lines. I know your feelings, i worked for the depot for 20 years and was fired 4 weeks ago. Don't let this meatball scare you do whats right. By the way can you get your hands on employee sop or a hand book, i need one to take these people to task.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bob vila in Windsor Mill, Maryland

59 months ago

Unfortunately i checked SOP and there was nothing about hazmat. Can you believe that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scubabum in N Ft Myers, Florida

59 months ago

Bob, I don't think it would be in sop but if you were to check with 3E or someone like that they could tell you. I know that where i'm at in florida and driving limo that if someone vomits in the limo we should call haxmat and charge the customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

59 months ago

Scubabum is right it is considered biohazard and needs to be cleaned up by a 3M certified associate, Ie. DH or ASM the material needs to be place in red bio bags and stored for disposal. It sounds like the FES is a jerk-off and you could have gotten him written up for not following hazmat procedure. Check out the 3M certification guide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.