New insurance for 2009

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

speedie in Michigan

72 months ago

does anyone know if and how much more the new insurance gonna cost and if the coverage will be the same. You would think now that THD went to a bigger insurance company it would be cheaper. I heard it is gonna cost us alot more. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

happyd in Ohio

72 months ago

Your DHRM should have the numbers by now, so call him/her and ask. The cost will also come w/ your enrollment info. And yes, the cost will undoubtedly increase, even thought the insurance carrier has changed. Your annual increase in pay will never equal the increase in your premium, wh/ constitutes an annual pay decrease. An ugly fact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allie in Ypsilanti, Michigan

72 months ago

My husband just got his Insurance info. For employee and spouse it's about $200.00 every paycheck, give or take 20 bucks. This is after they told him they are cutting everyone down to part time.

So our insurance will cost HALF of his bi-weekly paycheck.

I guess if you are single the cost is less but after 10 years of service you would think they could treat their people better. Live the orange life my @#$%!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

You know what. I take back my last comment. Our new insurance will cost over $600.00 a month. Because they lied and CANCELLED our insurance when they moved my husband to mandatory 12 hours a week. They LIED when they said we would still have benefits. The only option open is COBRA which costs more than what he is even making now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

happyd in Ohio

70 months ago

Allie,

If your husband's status changed from full time to part time,
he is still eligible for insurance. The coverage will be
different than it was when he was full time, but he can get
insurance. Tell him to call the Benefits Choice center right away, explain his status change and then tell the B.C. rep that he wants to enroll in the insurance that is available to
part time associates. The new insurance will be retroactive to the date of his status change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Sure, we will try that. Can you explain why we recieved the COBRA letter but no information on the part time insurance? We will see if that is even available to us now. He is quitting as soon as he finds another job.

If they had told us the truth in the first place he could have got another job by now. Instead they string them along. Due to their lies and deceit neither I nor none of my family will ever shop at Home Depot again.

They are trying to make all of the people who get paid more quit so they don't have to pay unemployment. Cutting their hours down to an unlivable wage is the best way to make them do that.

Then they can keep the unknowledgable college part time employees that they hired when they reduced everyones hours. Why hire more people when you are cutting the hours of everyone else on staff?

Home Depot has lost all credibilty in our eyes. If you can't tell the truth to your own employees then why should the customers trust them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

happyd in Ohio

70 months ago

Allie in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: Sure, we will try that. Can you explain why we recieved the COBRA letter but no information on the part time insurance? We will see if that is even available to us now. He is quitting as soon as he finds another job.

If they had told us the truth in the first place he could have got another job by now. Instead they string them along. Due to their lies and deceit neither I nor none of my family will ever shop at Home Depot again.

They are trying to make all of the people who get paid more quit so they don't have to pay unemployment. Cutting their hours down to an unlivable wage is the best way to make them do that.

Then they can keep the unknowledgable college part time employees that they hired when they reduced everyones hours. Why hire more people when you are cutting the hours of everyone else on staff?

Home Depot has lost all credibilty in our eyes. If you can't tell the truth to your own employees then why should the customers trust them?

I have no idea why the COBRA letter was sent when your husband is
still a HD employee. As long as he is employed, they can't refuse to give him the part time associate insurance. If he has a problem with the Benefits Choice folks, have him contact his
District Human Resources Manager and demand that she/he step in and take care of things. Tell him not to let anyone brush him
off - we both know how things work at HD.

I'm lucky, I left HD and now have a job which I really enjoy. And,
I don't shop there anymore either. I'll spend my money at my
local hardware store, where the management isn't over paid and
cold hearted. The part time associates at the store where I
worked are getting just a few hours a week because sales are
awful and not generating enough hours. Sad situation.

Let me know what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.