READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Glad to be out in New Orleans, Louisiana

89 months ago

I was employed in this dept for several years and if anyone reading this has reviewed all the negative replies that obviously speaks for itself! I'm not slamming HD as a whole but the the Signing and In Store Environment Dept is not..how should I say this...conducive to a beneficial work environment. More likely than not they are trying to fill this position from within and the posting is more for legality than anything else. HD looks good on your resume but I got in and out as fast as I could. They really need to clean house as management has become stagnant. Sadly this will probably never happen as the "good ole boy" network has been in place for some time. The bright ones can really make a difference but it's difficult to move up depending on who you report to. I'm not saying don't apply for the position but at least listen to someone who knows this position and the company. Hope this has been helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

singing auntie em in Metairie, Louisiana

62 months ago

I was at the home depot in kenner, louisiana one of the biggest home depots in Louisiana and they laid us off one by one and it was only the full timers they let go...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

62 months ago

Glad to be out in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I was employed in this dept for several years and if anyone reading this has reviewed all the negative replies that obviously speaks for itself! I'm not slamming HD as a whole but the the Signing and In Store Environment Dept is not..how should I say this...conducive to a beneficial work environment. More likely than not they are trying to fill this position from within and the posting is more for legality than anything else. HD looks good on your resume but I got in and out as fast as I could. They really need to clean house as management has become stagnant. Sadly this will probably never happen as the "good ole boy" network has been in place for some time. The bright ones can really make a difference but it's difficult to move up depending on who you report to. I'm not saying don't apply for the position but at least listen to someone who knows this position and the company. Hope this has been helpful.

Obviously the main reason for negative comments is most people who post here are terminated employees looking for some payback if not just badmouthing the depot. Those who actually like their job aren't on line looking for dirt on the depot, I love my job and am here to try to present a positive opinion of the Depot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan

62 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Obviously the main reason for negative comments is most people who post here are terminated employees looking for some payback if not just badmouthing the depot. Those who actually like their job aren't on line looking for dirt on the depot, I love my job and am here to try to present a positive opinion of the Depot

obviously you can get fired for just waring a freaking pin that says GOD BLESS AMERICA. For goodness sakes it dosn't matter how long you work for Home Depot. They treat you like a SLAVE. UNDERPAID. SLAVE>>>>>. THAT COMPANY is far most the wrost company that I every work at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

62 months ago

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan said: obviously you can get fired for just waring a freaking pin that says GOD BLESS AMERICA. For goodness sakes it dosn't matter how long you work for Home Depot. They treat you like a SLAVE. UNDERPAID. SLAVE>>>>>. THAT COMPANY is far most the wrost company that I every work at.

that pin issue is a whole different ballgame, the ASM who made an issue of it should be fired for giving the depot neg. publicity. He by no means represents the opinion or policy of the home depot. I sit every monday morning meeting that ends with god bless you. from a corporate vp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Depot Blows in Colonia, New Jersey

62 months ago

masterpec, what do you do for depot? I been with them 12 years as a manager and will say this is by far the worst company. I can give you a list and blowyour mind with things, i am guessing u are a DH I call them dick heads who are brain washed LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: that pin issue is a whole different ballgame, the ASM who made an issue of it should be fired for giving the depot neg. publicity. He by no means represents the opinion or policy of the home depot. I sit every monday morning meeting that ends with god bless you. from a corporate vp

HA HA. Home Depot treats there employees like crap. Cashier shouldn't be screamed at by an customer over a freaking penny. And when that Cashier is calling MR. Adams and theres no responds. WTF is all I have to say. Freaking mgrs will do what ever to keep those crazy customers coming back. While that Cashier is getting written up for not bending down and you know what. Even tho that Cashier didn't nonething but stand there and get scream at. Thats is great. isn't it. I am sure that you are a mgr. Do you let this happen to your cashier??? I am sure that you are hidding in back with somebody you know where. Home Depot needs to get rid of mgrs that let customers get away with this kind of stuff. Treat there employees with respect and everything else will fall into place.

61 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I throw customers out all the time, for lewd or abusive behaviour. I do not tollerate abuse of any kind, toward cashiers or other associates including myself. The store manager will always back me up, even when they complain to corporate. Not all stores suck as much as yours does. On a different subject, judging by your spelling and grammer, it appears you gradurated from the 2nd grade my toothless friend.

Wow, You are the prime example of why mgr sucks. Is that how you got your promotion or did you bend over for them. Judging by you. I bet you love sucking it in the mgr office.
love your 2nd gradderrrrrrr tootothelesss frieendd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ray Tibod in Connecticut

61 months ago

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: I throw customers out all the time, for lewd or abusive behaviour. I do not tollerate abuse of any kind, toward cashiers or other associates including myself. The store manager will always back me up, even when they complain to corporate. Not all stores suck as much as yours does. On a different subject, judging by your spelling and grammer, it appears you gradurated from the 2nd grade my toothless friend.

I'll agree with a comment made by Masterspec101 - not all stores are the same. I like the store I worked in and still do. The people are good people - from mgmt on down.

However, there is the underlying understanding that HD is a huge corporation and the real direction comes from the pit of primates and snakes in Atlanta. If anyone in the company is out of touch, it's the bean-counters and execs with the big chairs.

Given the chance I'd go back to HD, but ONLY for the store I was in before. I've been in other stores and they just don't measure up - in fact a lot of them DO SUCK, but that's life isn't it.

I hope Y'all Have a GREAT Holiday!
RT

excpt in East Orange, New Jersey

61 months ago

Back in the 'boom years' of the 90's I applied for Sales Associate at HD. I made it quite clear during the interview that I could only work PT(family issues at that time).
I enjoyed the work, but the third week I was scheduled for 60 hours, and was forced to resign.
In your humble opinions, does resigning after one month on the job disqualify one from rehire?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

excpt in Irvington, New Jersey

60 months ago

"In your humble opinions, does resigning after one month on the job disqualify one from rehire?"

Bump....anyone??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.