Salaries and Benefits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 387)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Scott in Carrollton, Texas

91 months ago

John Tri said: I have applied on line with Home Depot
I have over 20 years of building material experience.
I HAVE NEVER HAD A REPLY FROM HOME DEPOT
TRULY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NEVER CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW
JOHN TRI
PORT RICHEY, FLORIDA
I have over 20 years construction industry experience from site lead to project manager as well as IT from network admin to project manager my projects exceeded 50M, was looking for job to fill my time in retirement and yet no call...no interest...guess i'll just have to fish

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J in Powder Springs, Georgia

91 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Home Depot?
What do you like best about working at Home Depot? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?
I work for Home Depot--don't waste your time. The moral is horrible and you are not treated very well. Plus, the pay is horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

91 months ago

Rocky said: To those of you who wonder why you cannot get a reply, if you have ever filled out the questionaire in the in-store kiosk and answered the questions honestly, ( for instance, ones concerning having ever become angry at work--who hasnt) you are probably screwed forever. So whatever you do lie like crazy and paint yourself as the perfect angel of a worker.

I totally agree! I have applied twice now on-line, and have been told both times by going in to the HR Mgr's office that her computer shows that I "failed"! There were 15-20 self evaluating psychological questions, which I answered honestly, and about 8 "put the names in alphabetical order" questions- both times with a friend reading each question with me. Now, I ask you how in the world can I fail this? These are not rocket science questions. I know of people who have had friends do the test questions for them, and they have passed the first time, and have been called for an interview right away. By the way, the computer in the HR's offices do not show any results of the questions, nor a date of the application, they can only interview an applicant whose application shows as "passed"...that's all nothing else is considered to be able to get in the door. Also, Home Depot corporate in Atlanta says to "contact your HR office locally", and when I visit a local HR office, they say "contact HD corporate for assistance! They are not given enough info to help an applicant, and they can't consider their experience, or review a resume! This is just plain WRONG!
I would appreciate any helpful responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Val in Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

91 months ago

Skippy Oregon said:
Here are some tips for employment at store level.
Go into your local store and find out when the busy months are.(They will not employ anyone during the slow months) Ask for the name of the HR Manager. Apply for a position before or during the busy months and follow up with mailing a written resume to the HR Manager. Keep it neat, simple but positive and include a picture if you like. Timing is everything as they get a huge number of online requests and your written resume will be the only thing to make you stand out.
Do not expect to walk into the store and get an interview with the HR Manager. Home Depot is still a good place to work and the do prefer to promote from within. Good Luck

I have been told by 2 different HR Mgr's local that (I walked in and met both), that 1: they can't accept an resume, no exceptions (for in-store hourly), and 2: the HR Mgr is not allowed by corporate rules to interview anyone who does not show up on their computer application, as "passed". The way I see it, a mailed resume, is a waste, but try anyway, what the heck.

Former HRM of HD in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

91 months ago

Val in Florida said:
I have been told by 2 different HR Mgr's local that (I walked in and met both), that 1: they can't accept an resume, no exceptions (for in-store hourly), and 2: the HR Mgr is not allowed by corporate rules to interview anyone who does not show up on their computer application, as "passed". The way I see it, a mailed resume, is a waste, but try anyway, what the heck.

I have read these postings and can honestly tell you, as a former HRM of Home Depot, a paper resume will NOT be accepted by them -- it will only go in the trash. The reason is that Home Depot works under a government contract, and any company who has this type of setup is restricted from accepting paper resumes. The only thing that will happen is that your resume will be thrown away.

Don't waste your time going into the store and asking for an HRM. They will tell you to apply online at the store kiosk. Once they review your application (and if it's for an open position), you will be contacted for an interview if you meet the qualifications they are trying to fill. Your application remains active for 60 days. If you do not hear from them within that timeframe, you will have to re-apply.

Most people get into the Home Depot if they are referred by another associate. However, if you want to know the best times to apply. Between December and February are best because the stores are getting ready for the Spring sales (one of the biggest seasons in sales).

I hope this helps, but seriously, don't kill any trees mailing your resume -- it'll only get filed in the trash can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former HRM of HD in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

91 months ago

Val in Florida said:

I have read these postings and can honestly tell you, as a former HRM of Home Depot, a paper resume will NOT be accepted by them -- it will only go in the trash. The reason is that Home Depot works under a government contract, and any company who has this type of setup is restricted from accepting paper resumes. The only thing that will happen is that your resume will be thrown away.

Don't waste your time going into the store and asking for an HRM. They will tell you to apply online at the store kiosk. Once they review your application (and if it's for an open position), you will be contacted for an interview if you meet the qualifications they are trying to fill. Your application remains active for 60 days. If you do not hear from them within that timeframe, you will have to re-apply.

Most people get into the Home Depot if they are referred by another associate. However, if you want to know the best times to apply. Between December and February are best because the stores are getting ready for the Spring sales (one of the biggest seasons in sales).

I hope this helps, but seriously, don't kill any trees mailing your resume -- it'll only get filed in the trash can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terri

91 months ago

I applied for a cashier job in HD and they never replied to me either......Im have experience as a cashier so how hard could that job be ? I think it's rediculous that they never reply and they still have the job posted...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

terry morelli in Arvada, Colorado

91 months ago

JOHN TRI
PORT RICHEY, FLORIDA

Yes from denver here>>> had a friend that worked for them for 5 years in cabinets, etc>>>> lousy pay, low morale, and crappy managers>>>> my advice>>>> STEER CLEAR!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HD Customer (about to become ex cust) in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

Katy said: First, (name removed)is not, never was, a COLA company exec. He came from GE's Power Systems division. Now, I'll grant you that running an industrial/manufacturing business might not be a great fit for a DIY chain, but (name removed) brings years of experience in process management and moving production to digital environment. If you'd be in a THD store 10 years ago, you'd know why this was something that (names removed) wanted in the person who took over - the stores had awful inventory management problems.
By the way ... lots of positions being filled in the HQ - or as we call it, the Store Support Center. I think you might be getting no calls simply because of relocation costs. Few people seem to be coming from other parts of the country, simply because there is a great supply of corporate personnel in metro Atlanta. Layoffs from Coke, GE, BellSouth, and other companies make this a competitive hiring market - the company doesn't really need to pay relo.
Hey, why is this person's name removed? Ha ha ha. Sounds to me like he has "control" over this message board and that the truth hurts....he must be one of those corporate chicken (I'll remove my own foul words, thank you very much). You know, these big overpaid panzy assed corporate leaders who make all the money and call all the shots, but have a lack of...how shall I say it....hardware, if you know what I mean. Ha ha ha....HEY, Mr. Name Removed....grow a set, and don't remove your name because every one, including your friends and family know that you are nothing more than a money hungry big corporate overpaid pain in the ass to the common employee. When will this country ever learn. Ha ha ha.

Terri

91 months ago

hmmm i never ask to be relocated and they still never called me.......i dont think they even look at the applications ........plus i heard HD is going under.......oh well lowes is LQQking good ..

here in pitt

91 months ago

JOHN TRI
PORT RICHEY, FLORIDA[/QUOTE

Have to agree i have sent them several resumes, applied on line, guess, they just dont require qualified applicants

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

HD Customer (about to become ex cust) said: Hey, why is this person's name removed? Ha ha ha. Sounds to me like he has "control" over this message board and that the truth hurts....he must be one of those corporate chicken (I'll remove my own foul words, thank you very much). You know, these big overpaid panzy assed corporate leaders who make all the money and call all the shots, but have a lack of...how shall I say it....hardware, if you know what I mean. Ha ha ha....HEY, Mr. Name Removed....grow a set, and don't remove your name because every one, including your friends and family know that you are nothing more than a money hungry big corporate overpaid pain in the ass to the common employee. When will this country ever learn. Ha ha ha.

Personal attacks are not allowed on the indeed forums. Names are removed by the moderator as soon we find them regardless of the status of the person in question.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shun

90 months ago

What is the pay for plumbing associates?

Me not you in Worthington Springs, Florida

90 months ago

I applied online Friday, got a call Monday for an interview on Tuesday. I was pleased - it is part time though. Does anyone know if the health benefits extend to the part-timers family? Or is it only the employee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

terry morelli in Arvada, Colorado

90 months ago

what difference does it really make? U won't be with them long enough anyway!! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

terry morelli said: what difference does it really make? U won't be with them long enough anyway!! lol

Well, it does make a difference - hence my asking the question. Thank you though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Val In Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

90 months ago

For the part-time, I know directly from an HR mgr here, that for full-time employees, there are 8-10 insurance plans to choose from (HD does not pay for any of the medical insurance for even full-time...... the employee has the options to pick which plan they would prefer), and for part-time employess there are a lot less to choose from- like maybe 3-4 plans. I would think that some of the plans include a family, even though the policy will cost a lot more. Good luck with the part-time work, I have applied twice, and the HD computer keeps showing that I have "failed"....I have 25 years experience in construction/materials, etc, and keep wondering...how I can fail the psychological/behavioral questions, when every time I am being honest, and supposedly these types of tests a person cannot fail.....oh well.....guess I'm not their "material". Wish I knew, though, because I would like to work for HD, and hate waiting the 60 days each time....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Val In Florida said: For the part-time, I know directly from an HR mgr here, that for full-time employees, there are 8-10 insurance plans to choose from (HD does not pay for any of the medical insurance for even full-time...... the employee has the options to pick which plan they would prefer), and for part-time employess there are a lot less to choose from- like maybe 3-4 plans. I would think that some of the plans include a family, even though the policy will cost a lot more. Good luck with the part-time work, I have applied twice, and the HD computer keeps showing that I have "failed"....I have 25 years experience in construction/materials, etc, and keep wondering...how I can fail the psychological/behavioral questions, when every time I am being honest, and supposedly these types of tests a person cannot fail.....oh well.....guess I'm not their "material". Wish I knew, though, because I would like to work for HD, and hate waiting the 60 days each time....

Well, I have managed teams of 70+ people....(however, no direct experience for any of their depts.) and the pay is $9 an hour. So, you very well could be over qualified....It's customer treatment that they're looking for, I would say (anybody can be nice and work hard). They dont need to pay top dollar for that....skilled laborers however.....cost.

Jamie

90 months ago

fred flinstone said: Good grief, I have never has the pleasure of reading so many negative rants about a company by so many negative people. Has it ever occurred to any of you that perhaps your obvious negative attitudes, poor spelling, lack of proper grammar and questionable education have more to do with you not getting the job than anything else? Try some personal responsibility for once in your lives. I know that is a commodity that is lacking in America these days. It's never your fault, always someone else. It can't be the misspelled words on the applications, the poor grammar. Nope, it's the bastards in HR. HD, like every other company on the planet, is in the habit of making money. They are going to pay the least they can get away with. Why pay someone $20 an hour when there are plenty of people willing to do the same job for $8? Get over yourselves. What makes you think you are worth so much? As many thousands of people that are out of work in this country on any given day? How many applications and phone calls do you think HD gets in one day? You can apply on line, in person, at the computer in HD. The funny thing is, for a company that apparently never hires people, they sure seem to have a full staff in every store I've ever gone in.
AMEN buncha CRYBABIES post here!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Home Depot?
What do you like best about working at Home Depot? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I worked for them for over 10 years and got great reviews and sorry raises each time. This is how they work pump you up with great reviews and give sorry raises. THey expect you to kill yourself working as well. I can't believe I stayed so long.
Don't bother applying with this company. Unless you move up into management and work 60-70 hours per week you will be making peanuts. They abuse everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Jamie said: AMEN buncha CRYBABIES post here!!!

What kind of pea brain are you. Full staff you have obviously never even stepped into a Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

New interviewee in FL in Palm Harbor, Florida

90 months ago

My interview is tomorrow afternoon. I applied for head cashier, as that was my previous job. I am hoping I will make at least as much as I did at Wallly World, should I be offered the job. I have heard nothing but good from the few people I know who work at Home Depots in various states.

dana in Saint Louis, Missouri

90 months ago

New interviewee in FL said: My interview is tomorrow afternoon. I applied for head cashier, as that was my previous job. I am hoping I will make at least as much as I did at Wallly World, should I be offered the job. I have heard nothing but good from the few people I know who work at Home Depots in various states.

Good Luck! I hope you do well in whatever you do.

Dana

Me not you in Little Rock, Arkansas

90 months ago

I'm now employed. A vet of one day. A long day. Thus far Home Depot seems to be an excellent company. Other than a boring orientation - I think Im going to enjoy it. It is retail....and it is work.......so I won't enjoy it all the time for you literalists out there....

ls in Amelia, Ohio

90 months ago

I love my job @ HD! I have been there 7 years now.

InsideView in Burlington, Vermont

90 months ago

Folks, if you have the 'exploding bomb' personality that you are exhibiting in your emails, I would say that their computer online screening is working! You simply cannot work in retail these days with a hair trigger personality...
You need to realize the vast numbers on people who apply online these days, every minute of everyday. Yes, you can have 30 yrs. experience and desire a starting salary of $25.00 per hour. But the reality is that they may be hiring 'peak' season associates (like now) and the pay is $9.00 per hour. Additionally, timing is everything-typically, there are 100's, literally, of applications in the computer for EACH job, every day. If there is only ONE opening, the recruiter sorts through the 'most' qualified, ie., stable job history, SUCCESSFUL retail experience, RECENT retail experience, etc. With typically only ONE HR person per store, it is impossible to interview, or even send 'cards' out to all that have applied.
If you truly want to work at the company, you will need to keep applying--you are up against others who are applying at the same time--it is NOT a company conspiracy or jobs that do not exist. It is simply old fashion competition. If you have a stable work history, good skills dealing with customers in a corporate reatil environment, ability to deal with situations without going ballistic, then you have a shot. Working for yourself for 20 yrs. doesn't make for a good transition into retail where you have to be FLEXIBLE to work any schedule, any hours, including nights and weekends. If you limit your availability, particularly if you are seeking full time employment, you will NOT be contacted. Retailers must cover the hours that they are open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Van Nuys, California

90 months ago

ls said: I love my job @ HD! I have been there 7 years now.
And I guess that is why you are surfing Indeed.com to pass the time on your day off? LOL

ls in Cincinnati, Ohio

90 months ago

Yes that is pretty much the truth! I just got home, and I had a very rewarding day, with some great customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dallas, Tx in Fort Worth, Texas

90 months ago

Its tough to get in the door, but it can be done. I had years of experience as a project superintendent and took an entry level job at a call center. Starting pay 13.50. I stayed in that position and started applying for other promotions after my 6 months was up and took a promotion to another call center. Raise after yearly increase of .78 cents per hour (5%) and promotion pushed me to 15.50 after just barely over a year. I was as shocked as anyone after they announced that the center was closing but it all worked out, I just accepted a Project Manager position and have just under 2 years with the company. I can tell you that complaining will not help you to get in the door. I have been beaten out many times for positions that I was absolutely qualified for but for whatever reason was not selected but I kept on trying and finally have a quality position that pays a whole lot better than where I started. I could go elsewhere and make even more cash but the travel is not an option. I feel fortunate that I have the ability to sleep in my own bed every night and not have to travel to projects all around the country. If you are trying to get on with the company you might try what I did when I applied. I went to careers.homedepot.com and applied for every store within 30 miles and call center, HD supply, At Home Services (Home Services) job that was listed and kept applying every month, it took a while when I first tried to get in the door but it was worth it. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Val In Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

90 months ago

I am wondering how you applied every month, when the on-line application and ID account will only let you apply once every 60 days? I have applied twice, but had to wait 60 days in between each.

Dallas, Tx in Fort Worth, Texas

90 months ago

I just tried for kicks and giggles to reapply for a job that I applied for 3 weeks ago...it let me go through the entire process just now.

Cat Brat in Kaysville, Utah

90 months ago

I applied 2 yrs ago with no reply. It was in the summer. I just applied again 2 weeks ago. They responded asking me to schedule a time for an interview. They were having a job fair.
Appearently as some have stated, they have certain times during the year when they hire.
When asked about my desired wage I stated $15 hr. but also online checked a box I believe said "negotiable" next to it.
At my interview when asked again, I stated I would like to see $15 hr. but that I also did'nt know what the going rate was. I am very qualified in most areas of construction related fields. Yes $25 hr. would be sweet, but I also am realistic. I figure most retail positions are prob. around
$7 hr. for K-Mart, Sears, grocery stores, clothing stores etc.
So I figured $15 hr. might be pushing it a little. But as prob. like a lot of others. I was needing something more stable, with benefits and easier on my prematurely aging body.
Flexible working days and hours is very important to them also. They did a background check on me and offered me $14.50 hr. as long as I passed a drug test.(this is for a specialty position)
(Someone asked earlier what they test for.)appearently they just screen for illegal drugs because my prescription pain killer did not stop me from passing.
The morning after my test (today) they called and officially offered me the position.
I decided to do a search and see if I could find out how I faired wage wise. That's how I ended up here under "Salaries and Benefits" but to my surprise I find a bunch of whining disgruntled people, who appearently have nothing better to do with their time, beatching about HD.
I guess I will have to keep searching about HD wages to get my answers. Maybe under a forum heading of "Wallmart Dress Code" or something like that. LOL!!!
Hopefully others interested in HD wages will get some help from my post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FW,tx in Irving, Texas

90 months ago

Thats sounds about right. Good luck

Depot'd out in Charlotte, North Carolina

90 months ago

Jamie said: AMEN buncha CRYBABIES post here!!!

Not a bunch of crybabies, just a bunch of non-butt-kissers. The only way to get anywhere in Depot or get a false sense of satisfaction is to get that nose brown. Why would anyone be satisfied with sticking to a b/s "career" with the Depot? I'm happy to let others know that this company sucks. I'm on my way to a real career in a non-retail environment. Once my "crying" is over and I'm making more than your district VP, or whatever the hell they call themselves, I'll come back to this and read your sob story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cat Brat in Kaysville, Utah

90 months ago

That's called corporate America. I hate to break it to ya, but unless you're on top, you're kissin somebody's butt.

Bill in New York

90 months ago

John Tri said: I do agree with you, I am also more than qualified, Home Depot nevers replys and continues to post the jobs.

I think Home Depot needs to consider another way of seeking employees because presently I would advise no one to aplly to a Home Depot Job because they will not get back

Maybe you should try using the spellcheck before sending out your next resume and cover letter.

MIKE in Riverside, Illinois

90 months ago

IVE BEEN WITH THE DEPOT FOR 8 YEARS AND MAKE 19.00 AN HOUR JUST AS POWER EQUIPTMENT SPCIALIST,IN ORDER TO GET HIRED AND KEEP THE JOB DONT HAVA BAD ATTITUDE AND BE BOSSY,DONT BE LATE THE POINTS COUNT IF YOU DONT CALL ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR SHIFT.ALSO PRIOR EXPIERIENCE WILL GET YOU MORE MONEY. THE ARE BRINGING BACK INCENTIVES LIKE MERIT BADGES (50.0 APOP) EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH,ORANGE JUICE (IGOT 1000.00 FROM THAT)GO FOR A BIG BUSY STORE IF YOU WANT SUCCESS SHARING CHECKS.THE SMALL NOY SO BUSY STORES WILL CUT YOUR HOURS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Portland, Oregon

90 months ago

Skippy Oregon in Tualatin, Oregon said: Here are some tips for employment at store level.
Go into your local store and find out when the busy months are.(They will not employ anyone during the slow months) Ask for the name of the HR Manager. Apply for a position before or during the busy months and follow up with mailing a written resume to the HR Manager. Keep it neat, simple but positive and include a picture if you like. Timing is everything as they get a huge number of online requests and your written resume will be the only thing to make you stand out.
Do not expect to walk into the store and get an interview with the HR Manager. Home Depot is still a good place to work and the do prefer to promote from within. Good Luck

Get a good education and you won't have to work (slave) at the likes of Home Depot or any other retail establishment in the U>S>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Former HRM of HD in Willingboro, New Jersey

90 months ago

To Skippy from Oregon:

As a former HRM of the Home Depot, a written resume IS NOT ACCEPTED at the Home Depot. The Home Depot is a government contractor since 2002 and, therefore, any resumes that are submitted to the Human Resources will be thrown away. Your best bet would be to apply to several stores in your area to up your chances of possibly getting an interview. After a week, you may call the HR Department to check on your resume, but 80% of the time, you will be told, if you meet the qualifications, they may call you.

Keep in mind, Human Resources receives numerous calls from applicants regarding their resumes. Most stores won't even take your phone call. If you don't receive a reply after 60 days, reapply.

HOME DEPOT DOES NOT ACCEPT PAPER RESUMES. YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME SENDING THEM AND THEY WILL BE THROWN AWAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Salt Lake City, Utah

90 months ago

Brandy said: Home Depot's Human Resource department has fostered itself to be comprised of poorly skilled, self serving individuals. They drive a culture that is survival of the fittest, so the focus is only on saving one's behind. There is no consideration of others. That's why they don't even invest a few pennies to provide a generic acknowledgement of appreciation for interest. It is not a good place to work.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Mike Hunt in Foxboro, Massachusetts

90 months ago

Home Depot sucks worked there for almost 2 years and was getting paid $8.15 you heard me "$8.15". I started off with $7.80 for a year strait then a 10 cent raise. I started getting pissed off with my $240.00 checks after 42 strait hours of working. so i said screw Home Depot I am going back to school. Asms are *****, they dont care about you, they only care about their bonus checks. Thank you for reading my letter to concern you not to work with The Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Designer in Pleasant View, Tennessee

89 months ago

I work for them. Not a bad deal depending on wether you work for HD itself or EXPO. HD is retail, its hard to stay focused there, which is why turn around is so great. EXPO high stress but worth it for your portfolio. The projects you work on are unbelievable. Most new designers dont get that opportunity. So even if you cant take the long hours over time...its great experience. Imagine learning everything you need to know about construction and design under one roof.

I moved from a large city and when I posted my resume, they called me immediately. I didnt have trouble getting in contact. The only problem, the interview process is looooooong.

Dom,Scotland,UK in Glasgow, United Kingdom

89 months ago

Moving out to florida and was looking to start at Home Depot, what salary can you expect for assistant manager of store.Reading these comments make me wonder HD or Lowes.I am presently a manager for Europes largest D.I.Y company

John Florida in Port Richey, Florida

89 months ago

You will like Florida, great climate

As for the pay at Home Depot or Lowes, I have no idea

Best of luck to you

Kristi in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

Alan in Longmeadow, Massachusetts said: I have the same experience. I have applied several times, and have not received any response. Yet, the job is then reposted a short time later. I am amply qualified for the position that I applied for. I don't understand their screening procedures.

I just wanted to let you know that I have had the same problem with safety positions, however, I have a ton of friends that work for HD and they say that before your resume/application is even viewed by a human it is scanned and scored for key words. If you make it past that your resume is then passed on to HR.

hstex in Ellenwood, Georgia

89 months ago

You got into Expo because they are desperate. If you are a designer, you should know your stuff before you go there. The fact they hired you and you expect them to educate you is very telling.

Will in Charlton, Massachusetts

89 months ago

Cat Brat in Kaysville, Utah said: I applied 2 yrs ago with no reply. It was in the summer. I just applied again 2 weeks ago. They responded asking me to schedule a time for an interview. They were having a job fair.
Appearently as some have stated, they have certain times during the year when they hire.
When asked about my desired wage I stated $15 hr. but also online checked a box I believe said "negotiable" next to it.
At my interview when asked again, I stated I would like to see $15 hr. but that I also did'nt know what the going rate was. I am very qualified in most areas of construction related fields. Yes $25 hr. would be sweet, but I also am realistic. I figure most retail positions are prob. around
$7 hr. for K-Mart, Sears, grocery stores, clothing stores etc.
So I figured $15 hr. might be pushing it a little. But as prob. like a lot of others. I was needing something more stable, with benefits and easier on my prematurely aging body.
Flexible working days and hours is very important to them also. They did a background check on me and offered me $14.50 hr. as long as I passed a drug test.(this is for a specialty position)
(Someone asked earlier what they test for.)appearently they just screen for illegal drugs because my prescription pain killer did not stop me from passing.
The morning after my test (today) they called and officially offered me the position.

I also applied online and passed there test and scheduled a interview for there job fair Tuesday.How long did it take them to schedule the drug test,Or do you take it then? I need to start working right away! I didn't apply for a specialty job, But i want to work in the gardening section seeing my dad has a little hobby farm that i help at.I would be happy with $9 to start and the store will be opening in a week or so.I just wonder if they expect me to know everything as i don't but sure will learn as i go..My last job was at target overnight stocking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

j in Grand Blanc, Michigan

89 months ago

lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

j in Grand Blanc, Michigan

89 months ago

lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tom M. in Ashburn, Georgia

89 months ago

John T said: I heard they pay decent?

Possibly they are like wallmart and pay poverty wages

Pay scale is above average and your pay depends on your qualifications and PERFORMANCE. I've been w/HD only 2 years. I'ts a good place to WORK. If you are looking for a paycheck without WORK, look somewhere else. We need quality people who are willing to WORK and enjoy helping others. Pay is OK. / Tom M.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.